Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton v Watford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton v Watford

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:47 pm

Kean with a chance, hits it over the bar, he had Walcott with him as well.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68518

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:49 pm

5 added ... WTF !
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:49 pm

5 minutes of added time.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:50 pm

Kean wide by a whisker
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:50 pm

And Kean was SOOOOO close to scoring, wow, what a chance.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:51 pm

GOAL - Norwich 3-1 Newcastle
Jonjo Shelvey
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:54 pm

FT 1-0 cheers

3 points but Watford will feel they were worth a point

COYB
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:54 pm

FT, 1-0! cheers cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:55 pm

I think that we have seen enough of Kean to make him start the next game. He created more during some 15 minutes than DCL did over 75. Granted, Watford were pushing forward allowing more space at the back, but still.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 4:56 pm

If I were a Watford fan, I would probably feel like my team deserved something from the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 5:24 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I think that we have seen enough of Kean to make him start the next game. He created more during some 15 minutes than DCL did over 75. Granted, Watford were pushing forward allowing more space at the back, but still.

I liked what Kean gave us. He looks like a really baller but I thought Calvert Lewin did well today and will start again next game.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 5:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:If I were a Watford fan, I would probably feel like my team deserved something from the game.

Everton would have lost that game last season. Keane, Pickford and Mina played well today.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 9:44 am

Lumper wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:If I were a Watford fan, I would probably feel like my team deserved something from the game.

Everton would have lost that game last season. Keane, Pickford and Mina played well today.

I agree with both of you - Watford will feel aggrieved, but we did look fairly solid at the back. Three scrappy points, I'll take that at this stage but to be honest I can't see this squad troubling the Top Six. We shall see, it's early days, but our midfield looked slow and uninspiring at times compared to the quick movement and passing of the top teams. I liked the look of Kean when he came on, but I wouldn't mind seeing him starting on the left and cutting in, with Richarlison doing the same on the right and DCL playing the classic hold-up role in the middle. My problem is whether Siggi can provide enough ammunition for them. Could Iwobi get a chance in his favoured central role? Be interesting to see how it develops over the season, but Silva has already said he sees Iwobi primarily as a left winger and Kean as a number 9, so I'm guessing we'll continue in the same formation but with Kean and DCL alternating up front.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 10:13 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Lumper wrote:

I agree with both of you - Watford will feel aggrieved, but we did look fairly solid at the back.  Three scrappy points, I'll take that at this stage but to be honest I can't see this squad troubling the Top Six.  We shall see, it's early days, but our midfield looked slow and uninspiring at times compared to the quick movement and passing of the top teams.  I liked the look of Kean when he came on, but I wouldn't mind seeing him starting on the left and cutting in, with Richarlison doing the same on the right and DCL playing the classic hold-up role in the middle.  My problem is whether Siggi can provide enough ammunition for them. Could Iwobi get a chance in his favoured central role?  Be interesting to see how it develops over the season, but Silva has already said he sees Iwobi primarily as a left winger and Kean as a number 9, so I'm guessing we'll continue in the same formation but with Kean and DCL alternating up front.

Travelled up to Liverpool Friday afternoon, looking forward to the Match Saturday,Fantastic atmosphere, can't say I was a fan of all the white/Blue flags on every seat,but? It created a good a good feeling for all the youngsters, was nice to see ToffeeDan sitting a few rows to side of me, said Hello.

The game never got going from my point of view, Man marking was poor, we gave Watford far too much of the ball, Dcl, for all his critics was playing far too deep, kept shouting to him to stay with last man, he never did, game came a live when Moise Kean came on for Dcl, thought he scored in the last minutes, but? We were at a different angle, all in all we were very lucky to get the three points.

Positives? Pickford kept us in the game, Seamus Coleman seemed to be the only one fighting for the ball, Michael Keane was out standing at the back.

Negatives, Gbamin needs more time to settle, Sigurdsson-Richarlison were very poor, are midfield were like a school of fish all over the place , Walcott came on never really got in the game and Digne went off with a Knock to be replaced by Mason Holdgate who just looked out of his depth. based on this and last weeks performance, we are miles off challenging the top six.

I certainly hope Delph and Awobie available for the ''Villa'' game.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9819
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 10:41 am

I only saw the highlights on Sky and yes, I think we were lucky to win that game, Watford had a good few chances to score and could have got themselves a point.... however, I did see a lot to encourage us.

A lot of the players still don't look match fit, particularly Gbamin, Syggi (for some reason), Kean, and probably Iwobi and a few others on the bench, and it will take a bit of time for the new players to gel anyway, and to get used to the speed of the prem.  But luckily our opening few games are against teams we should beat, so it gives us time to get players fit and to gel before we face the better teams, so I'm hoping that we will see improvements with each game.

Also, despite not playing well, we are still unbeaten and we have kept consecutive clean sheets, again maybe we were lucky, but I'll take a slice a luck now and then (that lot across the park seem to have a monopoly on it). Also we had a few chances to put the game to bed, Richarlison in particular had two unmarked headers that he missed, and Kean was unlucky not to score. Hopefully our finishing will improve as our fitness and team building improve.

I know we all like DCL, and we hope for a great future for him, but let's be honest, Kean showed us more in 15 minutes than he did in 75 minutes.  DCL will do well in the Championship, but he's not a Premiership striker.  I could be wrong, and he could go on to get 20 goals this season, but he has to score to do that, and I just never see that happening when he gets the ball, maybe he's playing too deep and hopefully he will learn how to score from having Kean in the side.

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 1:26 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:I only saw the highlights on Sky and yes, I think we were lucky to win that game, Watford had a good few chances to score and could have got themselves a point.... however, I did see a lot to encourage us.

A lot of the players still don't look match fit, particularly Gbamin, Syggi (for some reason), Kean, and probably Iwobi and a few others on the bench, and it will take a bit of time for the new players to gel anyway, and to get used to the speed of the prem.  But luckily our opening few games are against teams we should beat, so it gives us time to get players fit and to gel before we face the better teams, so I'm hoping that we will see improvements with each game.

Also, despite not playing well, we are still unbeaten and we have kept consecutive clean sheets, again maybe we were lucky, but I'll take a slice a luck now and then (that lot across the park seem to have a monopoly on it).  Also we had a few chances to put the game to bed, Richarlison in particular had two unmarked headers that he missed, and Kean was unlucky not to score.  Hopefully our finishing will improve as our fitness and team building improve.

I know we all like DCL, and we hope for a great future for him, but let's be honest, Kean showed us more in 15 minutes than he did in 75 minutes.  DCL will do well in the Championship, but he's not a Premiership striker.  I could be wrong, and he could go on to get 20 goals this season, but he has to score to do that, and I just never see that happening when he gets the ball, maybe he's playing too deep and hopefully he will learn how to score from having Kean in the side.

Far to many of our fans putting their shirts on Moise Kean, the lad needs time to settle into the Premiership, We should have bought a decent premiership striker so as to take the pressure off Moise Kean, the same may be said of DCL, far too much pressure on young heads, need a more experienced Striker in January.

Just my opinion. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9819
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 3:06 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:I only saw the highlights on Sky and yes, I think we were lucky to win that game, Watford had a good few chances to score and could have got themselves a point.... however, I did see a lot to encourage us.

Also, despite not playing well, we are still unbeaten and we have kept consecutive clean sheets, again maybe we were lucky, but I'll take a slice a luck now and then (that lot across the park seem to have a monopoly on it).  Also we had a few chances to put the game to bed, Richarlison in particular had two unmarked headers that he missed, and Kean was unlucky not to score.  Hopefully our finishing will improve as our fitness and team building improve.

I said the same thing earlier in this thread. Kean was brought on when Watford were pushing up and left more space at the back, but still, he just appeared to have more of a finishing touch to him compared to DCL.

Also consider that DCL has played some 6-7 games now including the preseason and I don't think he has scored yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4