Everton V Arsenal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton V Arsenal  - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton V Arsenal

Post  SEFTON on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:37 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
SEFTON wrote:A combination of fans getting behind the team and players showing energy and passion to get into opposition players faces, created an atmosphere only goodison can project,hence the results Everton now getting,
when Bernard-Sigurdsson-Richarlison and Dominick Calvert Lewin start finding the net, Everton will improve more in league position, many fans left Goodison feeling proud yesterday,finally see a team fighting and winning against top six opposition.

still a few games to go but? seventh still up for grabs.
UTFT'S
Positive energy from the fans reaps rewards. All the boo boys finally turned.
A standing O from all the haters, when Seamus ran the ball out, holding off Iwobi. Never seen such positivity when the lad didn't have to even touch the ball.
Bernie got through a load of defensive work around Digne. Needs to add a couple more tricks other than that scoop thing he did Zabaletta with last week.
Jags was huge. Did you notice the lack of Zonal at all the corners? Jags just assigning everyone, and ta da!
We bullied them but I still think Arse were poor.
Got to keep The Zoom, GG and Gomez. Give us a cracking 9 and 10 and we're in the money next year.
cheers

I think Seamus Coleman has improved vastly since Richarlison was moved back to the right wing,Theo Walcott was Colemans hidderance, never getting back to defend, Richarlison has pace and has helped defend when Coleman going forward. with Digne on the left and working well with Bernard just need Sigurdsson to up his game,although DCL has been uping his game lately, a striker is only remembered for his goals, hopefully DCL will improve on that,but? Striker should be priority in Summer window with decent no2 Keeper to challenge Pickford.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9779
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 12:05 pm

Quick question, based on the last three games, have we abandoned the zonal defence or are we still using it? Everton V Arsenal  - Page 2 Confused

Number of posts : 25840
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 12:21 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Quick question, based on the last three games, have we abandoned the zonal defence or are we still using it? Everton V Arsenal  - Page 2 Confused
Seems to be with or without Jags.
Seemed to be the same when we played against Cardiff.
Maybe we're getting closer to a hybrid which works?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6320
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 5:37 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
SEFTON wrote:A combination of fans getting behind the team and players showing energy and passion to get into opposition players faces, created an atmosphere only goodison can project,hence the results Everton now getting,
when Bernard-Sigurdsson-Richarlison and Dominick Calvert Lewin start finding the net, Everton will improve more in league position, many fans left Goodison feeling proud yesterday,finally see a team fighting and winning against top six opposition.

still a few games to go but? seventh still up for grabs.
UTFT'S
Positive energy from the fans reaps rewards. All the boo boys finally turned.
A standing O from all the haters, when Seamus ran the ball out, holding off Iwobi. Never seen such positivity when the lad didn't have to even touch the ball.
Bernie got through a load of defensive work around Digne. Needs to add a couple more tricks other than that scoop thing he did Zabaletta with last week.
Jags was huge. Did you notice the lack of Zonal at all the corners? Jags just assigning everyone, and ta da!
We bullied them but I still think Arse were poor.
Got to keep The Zoom, GG and Gomez. Give us a cracking 9 and 10 and we're in the money next year.
cheers

I think Seamus Coleman has improved vastly since Richarlison was moved back to the right wing,Theo Walcott was Colemans hidderance, never getting back to defend, Richarlison has pace and has helped defend when Coleman going forward. with Digne on the left and working well with Bernard just need Sigurdsson to up his game,although DCL has been uping his game lately, a striker is only remembered for his goals, hopefully DCL will improve on that,but? Striker should be priority in Summer window with decent no2 Keeper to challenge Pickford.

Yes sef, agree 100% with most of that. Massive difference swapping Ricky and Bernie on the flanks. Only thing is Richarlison doesn't look entirely happy cutting in from the right, hence he's not having many hits on goal.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24022
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 10 Apr 2019, 3:38 am

I thought we looked really good in that game. High press on the Arsenal team, not letting them come and boss us around, it was great to see. Made it even better since I was texting throughout the game with my bud from Essex who follows the Arse. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68329
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2