Swansea v Everton (Relegation threatened Tour - Game 1)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Swansea v Everton (Relegation threatened Tour - Game 1)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 4:48 pm

There will be 3 added minutes as a Swansea corner is coming up.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 67493
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 4:51 pm

We have a great chance to win the game, can't connect though.

Baningime booked.

All over, 1-1. Really could have gone either way. Not pretty. Swansea the better team.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 67493

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 4:52 pm

1-1 was about what was expected?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6173
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 5:13 pm

Some people don't like Sam because he's Sam. I don't mind him too much but he isn't doing enough to justify being given another season. If we'd played better in Jan and Febs fixtures we could have been looking at 7th place but our defence wasn't organised enough and we were largely toothless in attack. That seems to be continuing now. 7th is out of reach and we're safe from relegation so there is nothing to play for except getting ready for next season - play some youngsters, try a new formation, find where Klaasen is hiding etc. Today's point gained is well...pointless.
Armchair

Number of posts : 19171
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 7:19 pm

Armchair wrote:Some people don't like Sam because he's Sam. I don't mind him too much but he isn't doing enough to justify being given another season. If we'd played better in Jan and Febs fixtures we could have been looking at 7th place but our defence wasn't organised enough and we were largely toothless in attack. That seems to be continuing now. 7th is out of reach and we're safe from relegation so there is nothing to play for except getting ready for next season - play some youngsters, try a new formation, find where Klaasen is hiding etc. Today's point gained is well...pointless.

Indeed.  I gave Sam a fair crack of the whip, whereas I know there were many who were willing him to fail from the off.  Personally, I was ready to give him til the end of the season, see what he could do, but now even I'm done with it.  Give him his marching orders now, so we can sort out a replacement to arrive on day one of the close season.   We can't afford to dither - as Sam has pointed out, it's a World Cup year, so transfer business will be difficult to do.  We need not just a new manager but a massive overhaul of the squad (again).  Three managers have failed to motivate this shower of shite to do anything of note in any game this season, so let's admit it's a fuck up and start again. Moshiri must be really fucked off by how much money his flushed down the bog so far, but that's the lot of the humble club owner, so he needs to make some tough decisions (unlike his predicessor Bullshit Billy) and find a few more hundred mill.

Roll on next season.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23915

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 9:10 pm

Armchair wrote:Some people don't like Sam because he's Sam. I don't mind him too much but he isn't doing enough to justify being given another season. If we'd played better in Jan and Febs fixtures we could have been looking at 7th place but our defence wasn't organised enough and we were largely toothless in attack. That seems to be continuing now. 7th is out of reach and we're safe from relegation so there is nothing to play for except getting ready for next season - play some youngsters, try a new formation, find where Klaasen is hiding etc. Today's point gained is well...pointless.
Chelsea and Arsenal have been there for the taking as well. 5th was not an unreasonable target had we had some kind of cohesion and half decent bunch summer signings. The money we've dumped could have paid for the the upper tier, a cup of Carling, and a free season ticket for the lot of us.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6173
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 10:31 pm

bit of a shit result .. good Funes is back

Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34040

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 12:48 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:bit of a shit result .. good Funes is back

Funes was ok after a few minutes getting used to it again. Adds height, which we needed when Abraham came on.

The more I think about last summer's transfer dealings the more I think there were too many people involved in the 'transfer committee'.

Klaasen was obviously Koeman's choice for the #10. Sygi was obviously Walsh's and to be fair has been decent when he's played centrally. I think the issue has been Rooney. I know he bleeds blue and he's probably paid his wages in shirt sales, but being a must-pick has backfired. Get just one of those and there's a chance to evolve a style of play. Try to rotate all three, no.

mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17424
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3