Watford vs Everton

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Watford vs Everton

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 9:59 am

The game is ages away as we enter our annual mid-winter break. But discuss it here if you want. 2-0 to Blues - Sharp & Gray.

Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Watford vs Everton

Post  Super on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:13 am

271hrs to kick-off, must be one of the earliest match threads ever...
Super

Number of posts : 36438
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:27 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:The game is ages away as we enter our annual mid-winter break. But discuss it here if you want. 2-0 to Blues - Sharp & Gray.
cheers   Just reading about the Cup Final in Peter Reid's autobiography - which I have to say is one of the dullest books I've ever read.  He's actually a bit more arrogant than I expected too.  Great to read about the good old days though, even if it's not exactly Psycho Pat's autobiography, which is essential reading -  though don't read it in public cos you'll be laughing out loud at his antics.

Anyway, 2-1 to the blues, onwards and upwards, knighthood for Sam etc

SaveSave
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23891
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 12:47 pm

Get your life savings on Deulofoofoo scoring against us then passing out after 50+ mins
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13247
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:The game is ages away as we enter our annual mid-winter break. But discuss it here if you want. 2-0 to Blues - Sharp & Gray.
cheers   Just reading about the Cup Final in Peter Reid's autobiography - which I have to say is one of the dullest books I've ever read.  He's actually a bit more arrogant than I expected too.  Great to read about the good old days though, even if it's not exactly Psycho Pat's autobiography, which is essential reading -  though don't read it in public cos you'll be laughing out loud at his antics.

SaveSave
Psycho Pat is a great read... was kinda shocked at the bit when he took first pressure on the trigger & almost murdered someone though... kinell.... the book would have benefited from an editor as there were soooooo many grammatical, punctuation & spelling errors it was silly....

..bloody good read though
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33935

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 1:15 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

SaveSave
Psycho Pat is a great read... was kinda shocked at the bit when he took first pressure on the trigger & almost murdered someone though... kinell.... the book would have benefited from an editor as there were soooooo many grammatical, punctuation & spelling errors it was silly....

Just seen that Psycho Pat is only £3.99 for the Kindle version. Will have to purchase that this evening.
Super

Number of posts : 36438
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

SaveSave

Brilliant bloke..... I had Derek Mountfield as a guest for a match last year - and after the match he said Pat was in town (he quietly hides away in a little bolt hole for a few matches this season) and after the game we went round to meet.

Genuinely really nice guy - has some amazing stories.... and not all of it in the book...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8723
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

SaveSave

Brilliant bloke..... I had Derek Mountfield as a guest for a match last year - and after the match he said Pat was in town (he quietly hides away in a little bolt hole for a few matches this season) and after the game we went round to meet.

Genuinely really nice guy - has some amazing stories....  and not all of it in the book...

SaveSave
I did think there must be some stuff that was too much even for that book!  And, yeah, I spent the first few chapters wishing he'd run the book past me first so I could take out all the errors.  It is so far from your typical sports autobiography though that you can forgive it anything.  I unreservedly recommend it.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:24 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

SaveSave

Genuinely really nice guy - has some amazing stories....  and not all of it in the book...

SaveSave
I did think there must be some stuff that was too much even for that book!  And, yeah, I spent the first few chapters wishing he'd run the book past me first so I could take out all the errors.  It is so far from your typical sports autobiography though that you can forgive it anything.  I unreservedly recommend it.

it's unlikely to be featured on US Amazon so what's the title?
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17356
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:40 pm

mindyerEnvelopeMister? wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

SaveSave

SaveSave

it's unlikely to be featured on US Amazon so what's the title?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psycho-Pat-Autobiography-Van-Hauwe/dp/178418327X/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CNJDBXQV4DQEMWNJ9JTR
SaveSave

That's the latest paperback version, so it might even have a few commas and full stops!
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:24 pm

Speaking of football autobiographies... don't ever read Matt Le Tissier;s Taking Le Tiss. That really is dull as ****. He comes across as a bit of a twat and blames everyone but himself (well mostly Glenn Hoddle) for not having achieved more. He had good things to say about Alan Ball though.

With regards to the game; I think it only fair that we roll over and let Watford twat us, given that we derailed their season and got their manager sacked like. 4-0 seems fair with 2 for Deolufeu and 2 for Big Elton.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3431
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

Foo v Martina pale
Armchair

Number of posts : 19032
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 9:26 pm

I am going to this game. Looking to forward to it. If anyone else is going let me know and I’ll buy you half a pint at the bar.
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18339
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:08 am

hairy cataract wrote:

SaveSave

Thanks Hairy ,just bought that book for me holidays In April,spoilsport.lol!

Going for a Cenk Tosun brace with a Walcott wonder strike 0-3 the mighty blues.
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9537
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 9:43 am

how dare they play Z cars ..... punish them !!

0-11 .... Hartford with 6 & Amokachi with 4 + 1 from Besic
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33935

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 12:14 pm

3 points don't care how or by who as long as we get them Very Happy

tosun, rooney, for us elton john with a rocket for them Laughing
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7134

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:31 pm

Leicester held by Stoke.  If Burnley lose and we win, then we're up in 7th place.  Get your bags packed for the Europa next season!  Alternatively, if we lose, get your bags packed for a trip to Burton Albion next season.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 4:38 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Leicester held by Stoke.  If Burnley lose and we win, then we're up in 7th place.  Get your bags packed for the Europa next season!  Alternatively, if we lose, get your bags packed for a trip to Burton Albion next season.

burton albion or wherethefuckisthatstan
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7134

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

Everton
1Pickford
43Kenny
4Keane