Everton vs Crystal Palace

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Everton vs Crystal Palace

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:52 pm

All over, 3-1. Those were 3 very big points and an improved performance.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 67361
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm

Good win.  We could well end up finishing 7th again at this rate.  Weird fucking game football.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23909

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

We've got winnable games coming up too.
Armchair

Number of posts : 19156
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

I wonder how many missed Siggy's goal? The Dixie suite was empty.
3 goals from chasing scraps. We need to do more of it.
When did we boo a substitution as venomously as we did today?
Niasse will chase a piece of paper on a string, like a pussy, all day long.
What happened to Mangala about 2 years ago, that makes him so poor now?
What does Tosun have to do?
Do we ever practice heading the ball to a team-mate? Week after week, it's criminal.
Rooney finally plays a whole game where he is best suited.
Was that Siggy's best game so far?
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6161
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:I wonder how many missed Siggy's goal? The Dixie suite was empty. no the Dixie lounge (and you should know... meh .... was in attendance - the Brian Labone Lounge a per fucking usual missed the curtain call bell and thus missed the first aria from the second act - I was in my seat and have made the point very forcefully that ifmemebers cannot get out there for the whistle they can watch from inside
When did we boo a substitution as venomously as we did today? the word is out on Schneiderlin around the shenanigans he played in RK and DU's time.... his performances thus were not persuading... he is likely to be the sacrificial lamb on the Alladyce altar
Niasse will chase a piece of paper on a string, like a pussy, all day long.we have always applauded effort to mitigate talent... what is different
What happened to Mangala about 2 years ago, that makes him so poor now? he was shit then... we buy left sided shit.... did you not get the memo
What does Tosun have to do? I had a conversation with Colin (Harvey) and Snods today on that same subject - we appear to have bought a lad not ready.. for EPL
Do we ever practice heading the ball to a team-mate? Week after week, it's criminal. I understand that in practice we do head to the their team mates - Sam has just realised its different with opposition  
Rooney finally plays a whole game where he is best suited. Agreed
Was that Siggy's best game so far? getting there - him and Walcott could be frightening

fuck me that looks messy... but heigh-ho

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8738
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:46 am

A little perhaps unobserved item....

As Schneiderin was being prepared to come on... Sam turned and was screaming at either someone on the bench (unlikely) or in the family area of the main stand else the box which is just below me... but fuck me I swear someone got to him.... as the fans were booing the idea that Schneiderlin was about to come on....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:40 pm

Just watched the 20 mins OS highlights, having only caught the last 20 mins of the match yesterday. Three scrappy goals (Niasse was clearly aiming for the other corner) but they all count. I was ready to berate Ash for giving away another goal but that was never a penalty. I can't see how any good can come from booing Schneiderlin. Whatever happened under Koeman and Unsworth, if he's causing problems in the dressing room/on the training pitch, Sam isn't the sort of manager to put up with it - he'd have been out on his ear in January. But GP seems to need a fall guy.
Armchair

Number of posts : 19156
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm

We've always had fall guys at Goodison, I suppose all clubs do.  I used to hate it when Alan Harper played, I thought he was shite.  Not sure if I ever booed him or booed Kendall for playing him though?

Supposedly Sam was about to bring on Bolasie but Rooney gave him the nod that Gana was struggling so he went like for like with Schneids.  Now Sam clearly sees something in Schneids that the fans don't.  But whatever we think about the merits of the player, it was not an unreasonable substitution was it?
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 3:44 pm

hairy cataract wrote:We've always had fall guys at Goodison, I suppose all clubs do.  I used to hate it when Alan Harper played, I thought he was shite.  Not sure if I ever booed him or booed Kendall for playing him though?

Supposedly Sam was about to bring on Bolasie but Rooney gave him the nod that Gana was struggling so he went like for like with Schneids.  Now Sam clearly sees something in Schneids that the fans don't.  But whatever we think about the merits of the player, it was not an unreasonable substitution was it?
Those around me were looking for 20 minutes of Tosun. There wasn't an indication that Gana was injured, if that's the case. We were 3-0 up and if there was ever a time to blood a newby, there it was. Although we had already used 2 subs for Mangledup and Seamus.
The one booing incident I recall was Moyes bringing on Anichebe. A few minutes later he scored and Moyes gave the fans an arm gesture.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 3:46 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I wonder how many missed Siggy's goal? The Dixie suite was empty. no the Dixie lounge (and you should know... meh .... was in attendance - the Brian Labone Lounge a per fucking usual missed the curtain call bell and thus missed the first aria from the second act - I was in my seat and have made the point very forcefully that ifmemebers cannot get out there for the whistle they can watch from inside
When did we boo a substitution as venomously as we did today? the word is out on Schneiderlin around the shenanigans he played in RK and DU's time.... his performances thus were not persuading... he is likely to be the sacrificial lamb on the Alladyce altar
Niasse will chase a piece of paper on a string, like a pussy, all day long.we have always applauded effort to mitigate talent... what is different
What happened to Mangala about 2 years ago, that makes him so poor now? he was shit then... we buy left sided shit.... did you not get the memo
What does Tosun have to do? I had a conversation with Colin (Harvey) and Snods today on that same subject - we appear to have bought a lad not ready.. for EPL
Do we ever practice heading the ball to a team-mate? Week after week, it's criminal. I understand that in practice we do head to the their team mates - Sam has just realised its different with opposition  
Was that Siggy's best game so far? getting there - him and Walcott could be frightening

A C+ then for me, teach?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:We've always had fall guys at Goodison, I suppose all clubs do.  I used to hate it when Alan Harper played, I thought he was shite.  Not sure if I ever booed him or booed Kendall for playing him though?

Those around me were looking for 20 minutes of Tosun. There wasn't an indication that Gana was injured, if that's the case. We were 3-0 up and if there was ever a time to blood a newby, there it was. Although we had already used 2 subs for Mangledup and Seamus.
The one booing incident I recall was Moyes bringing on Anichebe. A few minutes later he scored and Moyes gave the fans an arm gesture.

I'm going by what a caller to Radio Merseyside said, and Sam backed it up later.  The caller was sitting right by the dug out and saw it happen.  Sure, I think it would have been good to give Tosun a run-out, but then game management at Everton has been shocking over the past few years, so I'm more happy to see it shored up and we run out with three points.  But ultimately, as fans, we've always been at odds with managers over substitions as far as I can remember.  Certainly with Moyes, and also with Bobby M.  The problem, I think, is that we fans clearly know loads better than the manager cos we is clever.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 1:03 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

A C+ then for me, teach?

Nah B/B+

Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4