Everton V West Bromwich Albion

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Everton V West Bromwich Albion

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 12:12 am

On this performance, Tosun or Rondon?
Rondon was the perfect target man. Tosun has Beattie in his footy dna?
Not impressed with Big Sam, but the players are just making his job more difficult by playing like shyt.
We've got 2 whippets on the flanks and barely used their pace and power. In the case of Bolasie, he will drive us all nuts come May.
Add to that a crowd who are just draining the confidence out of so many players, and the recipe is dogshyt.
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6127
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 12:19 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Not sure that Jags would have let that happen, Williams and Holgate not on the same wave length at all on that goal.
was it offside? MOTD didn't show it. (not unusual)
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:19 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Not sure that Jags would have let that happen, Williams and Holgate not on the same wave length at all on that goal.
It looked it could have been marginal on the view they showed but surprisingly no overhead view that they normally show to ensure that clarity occurred. Perhaps with Big Sam being as frank as he was that we really did not deserve more than a draw... there was no editorial point...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8723
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 3:21 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Jags is much more of a leader, organizing the defence, something which Holgate is learning and Williams apparently can't do since we tend to concede when he's playing.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 67035
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 3:53 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Jags is much more of a leader, organizing the defence, something which Holgate is learning and Williams apparently can't do since we tend to concede when he's playing.
Yes, I given the options I would have Jags in defence as first choice.  Holgate is at the stage of being horrendous one week and decent the next.  John Stones was a bit like that wasn't he?
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23891

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 5:30 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yes, I given the options I would have Jags in defence as first choice.  Holgate is at the stage of being horrendous one week and decent the next.  John Stones was a bit like that wasn't he?
He was, and that's why I think it's really important that Holgate gets to play next to Jags. He should learn a lot from Jags.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 5:33 pm

The one, and possibly only positive, from this game was that a team below us didn't gain any points on us. Preventing teams like WB to gain on us in the table is important.
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 11:28 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
He was, and that's why I think it's really important that Holgate gets to play next to Jags. He should learn a lot from Jags.
Jags is next to useless in the air.
Hence his great performance against the Shyte, who have little aerial threat, and the need for Williams when playing a team with air-power.
Having said that, Williams is a liability.
What Walcott made of all that is probably not what we want to hear, but I can't see how we use his pace, if we can't get decent service to him. Maybe Coleman will be a good foil, but we'll have to wait and see.
Vlasic looks lost. Siggy too slow, Bolasie too much like a show horse. Schnide looks confused, Tosun looks like another Beattie, Lil' Tom has gone missing, so what's not to love?
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 3:18 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Hence his great performance against the Shyte, who have little aerial threat, and the need for Williams when playing a team with air-power.
What Walcott made of all that is probably not what we want to hear, but I can't see how we use his pace, if we can't get decent service to him. Maybe Coleman will be a good foil, but we'll have to wait and see.
Vlasic looks lost. Siggy too slow, Bolasie too much like a show horse. Schnide looks confused, Tosun looks like another Beattie, Lil' Tom has gone missing, so what's not to love?

Sam said what I was thinking after the match - the team are going to have to learn where Walcott wants the ball. You could see Theo getting frustrated in the match but to be fair, he's only had one training session with us.  We've got ten days now to work on what Walcott wants.  We need to build everything around him in attack because he's so much better than the rest of the team.  Hopefully we'll now see a different Siggi - one of his strengths is the quick through ball and he's finally got someone to play it to.  I reckon Niasse will be coming off the bench quite a lot in the next few weeks, because he's the only natural goalscorer we have.  Pity he's such a shit footballer though.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 4:55 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Sam said what I was thinking after the match - the team are going to have to learn where Walcott wants the ball. You could see Theo getting frustrated in the match but to be fair, he's only had one training session with us.  We've got ten days now to work on what Walcott wants.  We need to build everything around him in attack because he's so much better than the rest of the team.  Hopefully we'll now see a different Siggi - one of his strengths is the quick through ball and he's finally got someone to play it to.  I reckon Niasse will be coming off the bench quite a lot in the next few weeks, because he's the only natural goalscorer we have.  Pity he's such a shit footballer though.
With all that in mind, I'm surprized he didn't have Theo on the bench.
As for Niasse, he could well be our best striker right now.
It's interesting to see that we were talking about selling him 2 weeks ago, but as soon as Tosun plays 2 games, we seeme to be keeping him now.
I'll go down the route of Cloughie and Shankly who said they could tell if a player was any good from the way he ran.
With that in mind, Tosun has a very unathletic gait, and the WBA CBs bullied him all afternoon. I was expecting someone with a bit more meat on him, cause Rondon showed everyone how it's done.
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 6:42 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

With all that in mind, I'm surprized he didn't have Theo on the bench.
As for Niasse, he could well be our best striker right now.
It's interesting to see that we were talking about selling him 2 weeks ago, but as soon as Tosun plays 2 games, we seeme to be keeping him now.
I'll go down the route of Cloughie and Shankly who said they could tell if a player was any good from the way he ran.
With that in mind, Tosun has a very unathletic gait, and the WBA CBs bullied him all afternoon. I was expecting someone with a bit more meat on him, cause Rondon showed everyone how it's done.
It's weird - we don't seem to buy athletic players these days.  Spurs are choc full of them and, as you say, Rondon was outstanding against us and he's got a lot of muscle on him.  I reckon DCL could do with filling out a bit, then he might be our Harry Kane.  Would help if he knew where the goal was of course.  I still think Tosun will come good.  His first touch looks handy, but he's had no service so far (welcome to Everton).  Time till tell if he's the new Sandro/Beattie or not.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

I see Niasse as another Nais, quick brain and knows where the goal is but not capable of doing that for 90 minutes. Last 30 every game unless we are out of subs. Tosun was definitely better against Spuds and all the Turkish fans on the sites I go to say he needs footballers around him, not kick and rush. Vlasic was bought for the future I think. Sandro and Klaasen were bought for a different style of football, maybe for the Europa.

Gazillion dollar question though is why did we sell Barry? Our biggest problem is absence of leadership.
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17356
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5