BIG SAM

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: BIG SAM

Post  Armchair on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 7:11 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Armchair wrote:You know what? I've changed my mind. Over the summer, where did we think we would finish in the league? Seventh? Maybe sixth? Well, lo and behold, if the season started on matchday 15 when Sam took over, we'd be sixth. Ahead of Arsenal and only one point behind Chelsea.

I appreciate the football hasn't been great but in fairness to Sam, he took over a team that was leaking goals, unable to score and whose confidence was completely shot. His two signings (Tosun and Walcott) have both settled in well. I think it would be very harsh to sack him based on his results and he deserves the pre-season to shape the squad and sign a few more players.

To be absolutely honest - this table is as misleading as the one we had when Koeman was binned when we had played 3 teams outside the top 6 and five out of the top 6. The "poor" teams were Stoke, Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton. We won two of those drew one and lost (to the team who is still ahead of us) so you could make exactly the same case then as you are now. The fact is who would you honestly prefer to be taking charge next year RK or SA? With RK we had a decent manager that could have been ideally dovetailed with Brandt. And we should have saved around £18m in severance.

With Sam, we have what?

Quite possibly Judge but that's water under the bridge now. Sam has done a decent job results-wise.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18876
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 3:18 am

If you could choose between leading a steady, safe, but ultimately uninteresting life, or an unpredictable life, with plenty of surprises, but with the possibility for it to be something extraordinary, what do you choose? Well, fair enough, there are plenty of people who would choose steady, I'm not one them, but ffs, we aren't even talking about our own lives. An important part of our lives yes, but it's still a football team and I definitey don't want steady, safe and uninteresting. Fuck Sam off.
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3408
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 10:31 am

We've lost 1 in the last 7... 2 in the last eight.

Ok the football isn't greatly entertaining, but these are players that Sam hasn't bought.. apart from 2 .. Cenk & Theo, who have both impressed greatly.

Before you shout too loud just pause & think of how much shit we were in when RK was elbowed out... Rhino failed miserably...
Also remember where entertaining pretty football got us... the majority were screaming for Bobby bullshit to be chucked out.

In hindsight, maybe we should have kept RK....

..be careful what you wish for !
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 33800
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 8:21 pm

Unless the club has someone other than Silva lined up, I'd keep Sam for the moment.   The Toffeeplebbers want everyone to stand up and walk out in the 78th minute against Soton.  The rest of the football world thinks we're fucking mad, protesting when we're in eighth place in the PL, and the only team to have beaten us in the last seven are the runaway league champions.  Bearing in mind what a pile of wank we have in the squad, the football we've played hasn't even been that bad.

Anyway, whatever, if Sam goes I'm fine with that as long as we give the next manager a fair shake of the stick, if he stays I'm fine with that too.

But I wonder what would happen if we were 6-0 up in the 78th minute against Soton, with a hatrick each for Walcott and Tosun? santa farao
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23854

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 8:38 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Unless the club has someone other than Silva lined up, I'd keep Sam for the moment.   The Toffeeplebbers want everyone to stand up and walk out in the 78th minute against Soton.  The rest of the football world thinks we're fucking mad, protesting when we're in eighth place in the PL, and the only team to have beaten us in the last seven are the runaway league champions.  Bearing in mind what a pile of wank we have in the squad, the football we've played hasn't even been that bad.

Anyway, whatever, if Sam goes I'm fine with that as long as we give the next manager a fair shake of the stick, if he stays I'm fine with that too.

But I wonder what would happen if we were 6-0 up in the 78th minute against Soton, with a hatrick each for Walcott and Tosun? santa farao
..and he has been desperately unlucky that Davy Klaasen has not been able to be risked
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 1:03 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Unless the club has someone other than Silva lined up, I'd keep Sam for the moment.   The Toffeeplebbers want everyone to stand up and walk out in the 78th minute against Soton.  The rest of the football world thinks we're fucking mad, protesting when we're in eighth place in the PL, and the only team to have beaten us in the last seven are the runaway league champions.  Bearing in mind what a pile of wank we have in the squad, the football we've played hasn't even been that bad.

..and he has been desperately unlucky that Davy Klaasen has not been able to be risked

Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 1:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:We've lost 1 in the last 7... 2 in the last eight.

Ok the football isn't greatly entertaining, but these are players that Sam hasn't bought.. apart from 2 .. Cenk & Theo, who have both impressed greatly.

Before you shout too loud just pause & think of how much shit we were in when RK was elbowed out... Rhino failed miserably...
Also remember where entertaining pretty football got us... the majority were screaming for Bobby bullshit to be chucked out.

It got us 5th in the League. If you think that we played exciting football in the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Bobby's reign then I would disagree. All I remember was side-to-side passing then losing the ball.
Statman

Number of posts : 7080
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 2:04 pm

Statman wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:We've lost 1 in the last 7... 2 in the last eight.

It got us 5th in the League. If you think that we played exciting football in the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Bobby's reign then I would disagree. All I remember was side-to-side passing then losing the ball.

I think our best football in recent years was when Martinez got hold of Moyes's well-drilled and fit team and added a little bit of pizzazz. As you say though, that was only the first season. After that it was tippy tappy shit with no end product and they all needed fag-breaks and a little lie down every fifteen minutes. I'd like see Arteta in tandem with Tony Bellew take the reins. We'd play lovely football and kick the fuck out of the opposition at the same time.
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:54 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/sam-allardyce-sacked-everton-manager
Super

Number of posts : 36346
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:55 am

cheers cheers cheers

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:57 am

He did the job he was paid to do and deserves at least some credit and gratitude for that. Time to move on and rebuild the club over the summer.
Armchair

Number of posts : 18876
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 16 May 2018, 10:09 am

Jeez,
what has Big Mosh spent on goodbye cheques? RM, RK and now SA plus the assistants etc.
Got to be £20M blown.
affraid
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6081
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 16 May 2018, 11:18 pm

just seen this Shocked

I am surprised !.. but not saddened.. who's coming in ?
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 17 May 2018, 10:01 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:just seen this Shocked

Odds are:

Man in a black suit: evens
Man with a name ending in o or a: evens
Balding man with serious face: 3/1
Smiling man in a track suit: 5/1
Worried looking man with bad English: 8/1
Someone the fans hate after three months: 1/100

hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 17 May 2018, 12:38 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Odds are:

Doris not in the odds ? Mad
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 17 May 2018, 12:55 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Odds are:

Doris not in the odds ? Mad

woman holding a little teapot: 1/1000
man looking like a little teapot short and stout: 6/1
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 18 May 2018, 7:34 pm

Former Everton manager Sam Allardyce says he knew he would be sacked before it happened, and maintains more fans backed him than wanted him out.

Allardyce left his post on Wednesday, six months into his tenure, after finishing eighth in the Premier League.

He had a year left on the contract he signed in November, but says he learned of his fate before meeting owner Farhad Moshiri.

"It seemed to be done and dusted through the media," he told Talksport.

"I think it was out there in the open for a couple of days. That leaves you with the certainty of what was going to happen."

Allardyce was heavily criticised by Everton fans for the team's style of play under him, but he feels the dissenting voices drowned out those who supported him.

"I think there were certainly more Everton fans who were happy with what we were doing and going in the right direction than the ones that weren't," he said.

"Those who show discontent are the ones who are more open and vocal about it. I would say most of them didn't want me out."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44154432?ns_linkname=sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_mchannel=social
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum