606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERTON FC v ATALANTA

+13
SEFTON
Da Judge
RhinoJagz
Royal Blue Mersey
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Gravy & Chips
The President
Super
SouthernSmugToffee
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

EVERTON FC v ATALANTA - Page 4 Empty Re: EVERTON FC v ATALANTA

Post  Blue gazza Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I think we may be going down Crying or Very sad

i think / dread / believe, you may be right
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:17 pm

no fight, no passion, no belief, no hope
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:51 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I think we may be going down Crying or Very sad
I agree .. we are truly awful Neutral

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:18 pm

Let's hope the FA ban the all for simulation - pretending to be footballers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:53 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Let's hope the FA ban the all for simulation - pretending to be footballers

Can't believe the amount people slagging off David Unsworth, he's the U23's Coach, he's not the Manager,blame Kenwright-Moshiri they are the ones who have fucked up everything, they can't agree, kenwright-Moshiri -Woods-Elstone ,they are responsible for the running of the club,I heard Kenright has been at the forefront of all the transfers,he should be fucked of now ,time for Moshiri to grow a pair.

Mass clearout in January, far too many players not good enough to wear the shirt,I'm sure you all feel the same hurt. affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:19 am

Every single player is either too old, too young, or too shit. Incredible how quickly a club can fall apart, I can't recall anything quite like this before. I mean, we've had shite teams, but never one that has become so shite so quickly and has looked so completely bereft of ability.

We don't even look championship level at the moment. I doubt we could beat Barnet unless we had loads of luck like we did against Watford and Palace.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Rooney. What a way to end his career, what a fucking terrible year he's had. His missus probably has him kipping in the outside toilet, and he's back at the place where it all started so thrillingly for him, and it's a fucking nightmare.

Most of all though, I feel sorry for whoever actually bought a ticket and went last night.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal Blue Mersey Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:36 am

Ah well EVERTON FC v ATALANTA - Page 4 Confused We can concentrate now on that top 4 position. EVERTON FC v ATALANTA - Page 4 F_whistl
Royal Blue Mersey
Royal Blue Mersey

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:42 am

Pretty clear Unsie doesn't command any respect from senior players and he's left to plug gaps with kids. As I said last month now is not the time to cut your teeth in PL management.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:10 pm

Ok, so I went last night..... and to be honest we generally gave as much as we got. Yes we were skinned for the first - but aside from that we did not look as though we would ever be overrun... in fact we should have equalised and then gone ahead with the wasted chances of Davies and Ramirez in the latter parts of the first half.

The early second goal was poor and we should have conceded a third through a similar corner.

That said we plugged away and there was a lift with the penalty save and the defending just after - we eventually scrapped to get one back. We could have had an equaliser from a different placed shot around 79-80 minutes and then its game on... but when the third and fourth went in the guys gave up the ghost.

So what went wrong...

I do not think they have collectively lost talent, however I believe Ashley Williams is in a really dark place form wise and confidence wise and that is impacting others around him - Keane is a quarter of the player I expected to see (and saw at the Etihad) - will Kenney keep our Coleman? Not a chance.... if Baines was fit enough and young enough to play every game would we play Martina even less chance. Our midfield was enthusiastic but ultimately lightweight. Mirallas did nothing really to close down and help Sandro on cutting options - there is precious movement off the ball and there was a moment in the second half when I saw Davies make yet another mistake on the evening - around about the same spot that within this calendar year he set off on a move of such verve, energy and ambition against City that a new dawn was coming - how that promise has faded. Tom now cuts a dejected figure, one bereft of hope and purpose - even the handshake he look unsettled/disengaged.

One thing I have noticed is that our players cannot seem to either find/move the space to where they need it and we cannot find the pass for love or money. Everything is scrappy and nervous our ability to play into feet and control the ball to take a challenge or use it to unlock a defence with a pass has completely disappeared. Our ability to win the second ball has fallen off the cliff. Everything is tense - we are passing to tight elastic bands that can only offer a rebound rather than a cushion. I lost count the number of times we floated a pass across the back rather than pinging....

There may be a real issue that we do appear to have players that are not respecting or responding to management and that has to stop. The chief people I would level that charge at are Williams, Martina and Mirallas on the basis of last night.... Unsworth was shouting instruction/encouragement Wayne acknowledged and adjusted as did Sandro... Kenney tried.

Last night was a perfect opportunity for Unsworth to publicly say pre-match that yes, the European opportunity is lost but tonight was win lose or draw all about putting a stint in for self belief and pride. I had the privilege of being coached at Uni by the great Carwyn and his sole mantra was that you come off the field with no "if's".

"Play your heart and soul do the best you can with no errors and if you have lost then fair play they are the better team... but if you haven't done that then what is left is the 'if only I had done this ...or that. Don't give yourself the cancer boys of having to relive the matches with if's - go out express yourself, enjoy the challenge relish the competition and give it all you have..."

Not once last night did I get the sense that the players (or for that matter the crowd - me included) was all pulling in that direction.

We can navel gaze - but somewhere someone needs to step and say "sorry" lets work at making me better...

That works down from the Board (sacking Koeman is possibly the biggest mistake we have made in while)
Steve Walsh who has seriously underperformed (and has been nigh on invisible the last 6 weeks)
The players.... certainly

By far the biggest concern was a conversation I had with Franny Jeffers before kickoff - and we talked about the U23 game last weekend we lost to the Shoite 4-0 and we bottled it ... could have been 3-0 up and 'disappeared'... if the first team squad is beginning to impact the U23 then we have real problems...

If we go down - there will not be a new stadium of the sort we envisage... we are closer to Leeds in terms of fiscal balance rather than say Norwich/Boro. If we go down the ability pay the wages to attract the talent to rebuild and keep Goodison going becomes nigh impossible - significant changes will need to be made....

I think it will do us all some good to reflect what we each in our own way needs to happen and how we can help... it probably starts with unwavering support and a positive outlook to the players... we may be still lucky enough to have 3 worse teams than us this year but we cannot rely on that fact. If there are players bucking their responsibility I would drop them and not play them... again period... I would shift them out earliest... we will need to break the bank for

2 strikers, 2 central defenders (one bought plus one loan), a fullback over Christmas... it is not going to be pretty....

One bright park.... Sandro scoring last night might have broken his curse, he is a Spanish U23 FFS and must have some talent...I hope he can find it within himself start to express it show personal courage and improve.

I do not think Rooney, Klaassen, Sandro, Keane joined expecting to have to do the jobs they now must ...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:32 pm

Da Judge wrote:Ok, so I went last night..... and to be honest we generally gave as much as we got. Yes we were skinned for the first - but aside from that we did not look as though we would ever be overrun... in fact we should have equalised and then gone ahead with the wasted chances of Davies and Ramirez in the latter parts of the first half.

The early second goal was poor and we should have conceded a third through a similar corner.

That said we plugged away and there was a lift with the penalty save and the defending just after - we eventually scrapped to get one back. We could have had an equaliser from a different placed shot around 79-80 minutes and then its game on... but when the third and fourth went in the guys gave up the ghost.

So what went wrong...

I do not think they have collectively lost talent, however I believe Ashley Williams is in a really dark place form wise and confidence wise and that is impacting others around him - Keane is a quarter of the player I expected to see (and saw at the Etihad) - will Kenney keep our Coleman? Not a chance.... if Baines was fit enough and young enough to play every game would we play Martina even less chance. Our midfield was enthusiastic but ultimately lightweight. Mirallas did nothing really to close down and help Sandro on cutting options - there is precious movement off the ball and there was a moment in the second half when I saw Davies make yet another mistake on the evening - around about the same spot that within this calendar year he set off on a move of such verve, energy and ambition against City that a new dawn was coming - how that promise has faded. Tom now cuts a dejected figure, one bereft of hope and purpose - even the handshake he look unsettled/disengaged.

One thing I have noticed is that our players cannot seem to either find/move the space to where they need it and we cannot find the pass for love or money. Everything is scrappy and nervous our ability to play into feet and control the ball to take a challenge or use it to unlock a defence with a pass has completely disappeared. Our ability to win the second ball has fallen off the cliff. Everything is tense - we are passing to tight elastic bands that can only offer a rebound rather than a cushion. I lost count the number of times we floated a pass across the back rather than pinging....

There may be a real issue that we do appear to have players that are not respecting or responding to management and that has to stop. The chief people I would level that charge at are Williams, Martina and Mirallas on the basis of last night.... Unsworth was shouting instruction/encouragement Wayne acknowledged and adjusted as did Sandro... Kenney tried.

Last night was a perfect opportunity for Unsworth to publicly say pre-match that yes, the European opportunity is lost but tonight was win lose or draw all about putting a stint in for self belief and pride. I had the privilege of being coached at Uni by the great Carwyn  and his sole mantra was that you come off the field with no "if's".

"Play your heart and soul do the best you can with no errors and if you have lost then fair play they are the better team... but if you haven't done that then what is left is the 'if only I had done this ...or that. Don't give yourself the cancer boys of having to relive the matches with if's - go out express yourself, enjoy the challenge relish the competition and give it all you have..."

Not once last night did I get the sense that the players (or for that matter the crowd - me included) was all pulling in that direction.

We can navel gaze - but somewhere someone needs to step and say "sorry" lets work at making me better...

That works down from the Board (sacking Koeman is possibly the biggest mistake we have made in while)
Steve Walsh who has seriously underperformed (and has been nigh on invisible the last 6 weeks)

By far the biggest concern was a conversation I had with Franny Jeffers before kickoff - and we talked about the U23 game last weekend we lost to the Shoite 4-0 and we bottled it ... could have been 3-0 up and 'disappeared'... if the first team squad is beginning to impact the U23 then we have real problems...

If we go down - there will not be a new stadium of the sort we envisage... we are closer to Leeds in terms of fiscal balance rather than say Norwich/Boro. If we go down the ability pay the wages to attract the talent to rebuild and keep Goodison going becomes nigh impossible - significant changes will need to be made....

I think it will do us all some good to reflect what we each in our own way needs to happen and how we can help... it probably starts with unwavering support and a positive outlook to the players... we may be still lucky enough to have 3 worse teams than us this year but we cannot rely on that fact. If there are players bucking their responsibility I would drop them and not play them... again period... I would shift them out earliest... we will need to break the bank for

2 strikers, 2 central defenders (one bought plus one loan), a fullback over Christmas... it is not going to be pretty....

One bright park.... Sandro scoring last night might have broken his curse, he is a Spanish U23 FFS and must have some talent...I hope he can find it within himself start to express it show personal courage and improve.

I do not think Rooney, Klaassen, Sandro, Keane joined expecting to have to do the jobs they now must ...

Da Judge,after watching yet another horrible Everton performance,I can understand WHY? most them players playing last night will struggle for first team action,what concerns me more? Michael Keane Is supposed to be one of our leading central defenders,he was awful last night to the point I was thinking when is Funis Mori back? ,we are lacking 3 main ingredients that will change the teams results,Anyone else see how short are players are compared to every other team,we lose the ball In the air more times than i can count,we lack pace counter attacking and defending far too many players get knocked off the ball to easy.

1)Pace 2)Height 3) Strength. Winning formula for next Everton Manager.

I will support this club till the day I die, what I won't do? Is waste my hard earned cash paying to watch players stealing a wage.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 24 Nov 2017, 5:45 pm

sefton wrote:
Da Judge wrote:Ok, so I went last night..... and to be honest we generally gave as much as we got. Yes we were skinned for the first - but aside from that we did not look as though we would ever be overrun... in fact we should have equalised and then gone ahead with the wasted chances of Davies and Ramirez in the latter parts of the first half.

So what went wrong...

Last night was a perfect opportunity for Unsworth to publicly say pre-match that yes, the European opportunity is lost but tonight was win lose or draw all about putting a stint in for self belief and pride. I had the privilege of being coached at Uni by the great Carwyn  and his sole mantra was that you come off the field with no "if's".

Da Judge,after watching yet another horrible Everton performance,I can understand WHY? most them players playing last night will struggle for first team action,what concerns me more? Michael Keane Is supposed to be one of our leading central defenders,he was awful last night to the point I was thinking when is Funis Mori back? ,we are lacking 3 main ingredients that will change the teams results,Anyone else see how short are players are compared to every other team,we lose the ball In the air more times than i can count,we lack pace counter attacking and defending far too many players get knocked off the ball to easy.

1)Pace 2)Height 3) Strength. Winning formula for next Everton Manager.

I will support this club till the day I die, what I won't do? Is waste my hard earned cash paying to watch players stealing a wage.
There is a lot of, what appears to be, unnecessary running. Rooney, Davies and Beni were often just running to fill a gap or confusing each other as to when to press. Not a triangle to be found. Chasing their own tails. 2-3 players are being "carried" in every game. Not a left foot in sight. How we have collapsed is astonishing, but nothing a manager, a few injured players coming back and 2-3 New Year signings, can't cure.
EVERTON FC v ATALANTA - Page 4 273473
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 24 Nov 2017, 6:27 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Every single player is either too old, too young, or too shit.  Incredible how quickly a club can fall apart, I can't recall anything quite like this before.   I mean, we've had shite teams, but never one that has become so shite so quickly and has looked so completely bereft of ability.

We don't even look championship level at the moment.  I doubt we could beat Barnet unless we had loads of luck like we did against Watford and Palace.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Rooney.  What a way to end his career, what a fucking terrible year he's had.  His missus probably has him kipping in the outside toilet, and he's back at the place where it all started so thrillingly for him, and it's a fucking nightmare.  

Most of all though, I feel sorry for whoever actually bought a ticket and went last night.

To be fair it is probably bigger and more luxurious than our houses.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 24 Nov 2017, 9:42 pm

What was the attendance last night btw? I believe they brought around 5,000.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 24 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:What was the attendance last night btw? I believe they brought around 5,000.
17,431 Crying or Very sad

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4