606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester City V Everton

+15
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Goodison_Gringo
Made 4 Gwladys
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
The President
RhinoJagz
Barry Horne's Equaliser
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Albert
Sack the Juggler
SouthernSmugToffee
19 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Manchester City V Everton - Page 6 Empty Re: Manchester City V Everton

Post  The President Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

hairy cataract wrote:City are fucking ludicrous going forward, so a great point, but still a bit disappointed.

I have to admit I cashed out my bet for £55 at half time - couldn't see us hanging on against even 10 City players.  

Drinks on you Manchester City V Everton - Page 6 Food-smi
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:City are fucking ludicrous going forward, so a great point, but still a bit disappointed.

I have to admit I cashed out my bet for £55 at half time - couldn't see us hanging on against even 10 City players.  

I hung on in there. The missus said "if you can afford to lose the stake, then there's no problem whatever happens is there" and she's right (as she always is, naturally).

Cashout is a bookmakers dream - the more people they tempt out the more they keep. Very Happy

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:02 pm

DCL was superb tonight. Despite City's high line I don't think he was caught offside once. Some of his runs were so well timed, running across the line then straightening up at just the right moment. He could be a great asset in games likes this, playing on the break, especially with Rooney and Sigurdsson playing the through balls. We could/should have won it at the end when he broke with Besic, but Mo turned it into a comedy moment with his fucking back heel Rolling Eyes
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

Couple of points after intralling match.

Dissappointed we couldnt hold on but cant complain that City equalised, even with 10 men they are so quick on the ball. Not many teams will take a point or more at Eithad.
Calvin-Lewin is becoming a fans favourite. Excellent again and great intelligence for such a young age. If we could only inject some beast-mode into him, he;d be some player.
People might complain that we showed little ambition without a big target man that could get in behind them, I though the tactics were spot on. Defensively we were excelllent for most of the game and feel sorry for Holgate as he did really well up until the poor clearance to Sterling.
Game came too soon for Sigurdsson but seeing that we were living off scraps, Koeman might have though he might deliver from a setpiece.
Pickford and Keane excellent again and Baines rolled back the years too with some great defensive play.

All and one, a good few positives to take but we need another 10 going forward.

Last edited by KoelJagz on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:04 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

I hung on in there. The missus said "if you can afford to lose the stake, then there's no problem whatever happens is there" and she's right (as she always is, naturally).

Cashout is a bookmakers dream - the more people they tempt out the more they keep. Very Happy

...except in this case, they gave me £55 that they could have kept Very Happy cheers
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:04 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

...except in this case, they gave me £55 that they could have kept Very Happy cheers

Got £60 Rooney first scorer. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

I was tracking the cash out and had decided I would leave at £80, and at it's peak it reached £75 so in many ways they also saved themselves £20 when you cashed out. The point being that the bookies can afford to take a "some you win, some you lose" approach because of their massive audience, but as individuals it is very different.

Good stuff though - well done on your win. cheers

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

Great post match interview from Ronald. Going through his tactics as the game changed was really interesting to listen to. Reiterated needed for left sided defender and striker before window closes.

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:22 pm

Everton boss Ronald Koeman is asked on Sky Sports where he still wants to strengthen his team.

"A left footed central defender, back-up for Leighton Baines and also a striker.

"Even with the talent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin - if we want to make the next step we need a striker as well.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:25 pm

hairy cataract wrote:DCL was superb tonight.  Despite City's high line I don't think he was caught offside once. Some of his runs were so well timed, running across the line then straightening up at just the right moment.  He could be a great asset in games likes this, playing on the break, especially with Rooney and Sigurdsson playing the through balls.  We could/should have won it at the end when he broke with Besic, but Mo turned it into a comedy moment with his fucking back heel Rolling Eyes
I simply cannot believe that he still figures in this new star team of ours... he's 5 levels of ability below our new norm

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:29 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:DCL was superb tonight.  Despite City's high line I don't think he was caught offside once. Some of his runs were so well timed, running across the line then straightening up at just the right moment.  He could be a great asset in games likes this, playing on the break, especially with Rooney and Sigurdsson playing the through balls.  We could/should have won it at the end when he broke with Besic, but Mo turned it into a comedy moment with his fucking back heel Rolling Eyes
I simply cannot believe that he still figures in this new star team of ours... he's 5 levels of ability below our new norm
actually I just twigged it... we're keeping him around to remind us how shit Martinez was Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:33 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

I was tracking the cash out and had decided I would leave at £80, and at it's peak it reached £75 so in many ways they also saved themselves £20 when you cashed out. The point being that the bookies can afford to take a "some you win, some you lose" approach because of their massive audience, but as individuals it is very different.

Good stuff though - well done on your win. cheers

Nah, that's how to lose a fortune, trying to time it exactly. Like with stocks and shares, if you leave it too long waiting for the highest point of the market, you've lost the lot. I took a view at half time - would I be gutted if we won and I could have trousered £110? Answer in this case was absolutely not - I would be very happy with three points and £55. I only tend to bet when I think the bookies have got the odds a bit wrong - like with the General Election and with this match. To be honest, I reckon 5 to 1 was still wide of the mark tonight - early in the season, anything can happen, and we have looked very strong at the back so far.

I might put the lot on Liverpool getting relegated
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:23 pm

Blue gazza wrote:Deffo our toughest test yet, we have no killer instinct up front yet, so i am going for a 1-1 draw with sandro netting

Almost right Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:17 am

hairy cataract wrote:Ok, so do I cash in my bet for £55 or hang on for the £110 if we win?  Before the sending off I might have cashed in.  Even so, I'm not sure we're going to win this.

Cash in.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:19 am

The President wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Got a tenner on the Toffees win at 21/2. ALSO £2 ON 1-0 Everton and Rooney to score first at 150/1 {bottom burps}.

Really Really hope you win that

Or Everton win 0-3

Me too, although I would also begrudgingly accept a 3-0 win. Very Happy

Deffo tempted to cash out on the Everton win one, just to settle my nerves. On the other hand every time someone cashes out, the bookies win!

Cash in/out.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:52 am

Defensively we were good, but were lacking going forward. If anything, this match showed how far we still have to go. City with 2/3 possession in the 2nd half with a man down. Shocked

DCL did really well, he has really picked up his game from the end of last season.

Klaassen with a great toe poke kick to prevent Aguero to have a shot at goal from just yards out, but what else did he do? Manchester City V Everton - Page 6 Confused

Sigurdsson should be more central. Just delivering set pieces from the left ain't going to be enough. I think he'll do well once he plays more central.

Despite City scoring late, it feels like a point won to me.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:30 am

BBC report banging on about Walker's red being harsh, which it was, but no mention at all for Morgan's completely incorrect second yellow. Just that he got sent off. Fucking arseholes.

Happy with a point, but slightly concerned that we were over-run by ten men in the second half and couldn't keep hold of the ball. On the other hand, City were exceptional going forward. Koeman nearly played it perfectly - his subs were a risk, but seemed to be working at first. In the end, one error cost us, but we got away with a few other errors so can't complain.

DCL really was superb. But with Sigurdsson in the team, we might need more of a target man for those perfect dead-balls that everyone keeps mentioning....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:30 pm

I don't think it was harsh at all Hairy.

You can see the little rat look exactly where DCL is and purposely goes for it, that's probably what cost him the second yellow, the premeditation.

Sneids also catches the diver Aguerro, but it's a stupid tackle from behind against a man who goes down quicker than Danielle Lloyd (no I have not watched the leaked vid at all.......)
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 22 Aug 2017, 1:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:BBC report banging on about Walker's red being harsh, which it was, but no mention at all for Morgan's completely incorrect second yellow.  Just that he got sent off.  Fucking arseholes.

Happy with a point, but slightly concerned that we were over-run by ten men in the second half and couldn't keep hold of the ball.  On the other hand, City were exceptional going forward.  Koeman nearly played it perfectly - his subs were a risk, but seemed to be working at first.  In the end, one error cost us, but we got away with a few other errors so can't complain.

DCL really was superb.  But with Sigurdsson in the team, we might need more of a target man for those perfect dead-balls that everyone keeps mentioning....
I thought both sending offs were soft. With some "luck", Walker would not have received any yellow, just a talking to. Aguero was "smart", but that makes him a cunt, and Schneiderlin let him know. Not that it's going to make a difference.

City are good. Very good even. Even with a man down we barely got to borrow the ball. We scored on one of the few chances we had. Granted, if Besic had just played the ball in to DCL instead of trying to backheel it towards the end of the game, we even could have nicked the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:BBC report banging on about Walker's red being harsh, which it was, but no mention at all for Morgan's completely incorrect second yellow.  Just that he got sent off.  Fucking arseholes.

Happy with a point, but slightly concerned that we were over-run by ten men in the second half and couldn't keep hold of the ball.  On the other hand, City were exceptional going forward.  Koeman nearly played it perfectly - his subs were a risk, but seemed to be working at first.  In the end, one error cost us, but we got away with a few other errors so can't complain.

DCL really was superb.  But with Sigurdsson in the team, we might need more of a target man for those perfect dead-balls that everyone keeps mentioning....
I thought both sending offs were soft. With some "luck", Walker would not have received any yellow, just a talking to. Aguero was "smart", but that makes him a cunt, and Schneiderlin let him know. Not that it's going to make a difference.

City are good. Very good even. Even with a man down we barely got to borrow the ball. We scored on one of the few chances we had. Granted, if Besic had just played the ball in to DCL instead of trying to backheel it towards the end of the game, we even could have nicked the game.
My honest opinion is both red cards were poor refereeing as I saw it... Walker only really deserved one yellow & Morgan won the ball against Aguero... I thought the ref had a bit of a shocker & should be demoted to a Chumpionship game next time out.

That said, if we'd had a good ref we would have lost to 11 Citeh players... we have a long way to go to reach their current playing ability... not really surprising like...

Besic has no place in a professional outfit

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:05 pm

Regardless of how unwarranted Schniederlein's second yellow was, he wants an effing good bollocking for the ridiculous challenge for his first yellow. If he's going make stupid and pointless tackles like that after 6 minutes each week, then he can expect a few more reds, or at least to be withdrawn at half-time more frequently. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 23 Aug 2017, 12:45 am

Great game to watch... had the opportunity to go into the Tunnel Club (Premier Gold) as a guest. Amazing concept to see players arrive and prepare to come out onto the pitch and after match Mic zone. Another benefit is you can come out onto the pitch during the warm ups and get very close to the players.

Also you do not realise that the football pitch is actually around 20-30 feet below ground level outside. When they converted the stadium after the Commonwealth games they apparently dug down and put in the bottom tier (a la Camp Nou)

Whilst I was there met a couple of people - including some of our Club Management liaising with City about ideas going forward for the new stadium. If we come anywhere close it will be amazing but pricey!

The tier level I experienced is costed at £15k+VAT (£18,000 and possibly does not include UEFA games) - which I think is well beyond even what I think I could (even in a totally drunken stupor) justify. To put into context the Dixie Dean Suite is £5.8k+VAT for a similar dining experience although my City friend says my seats in the Dixie for the match are better.

As for the match thought did really well, yet another progression on last Thursday which in turn was better than Stoke previous... we are going in the right direction - Walker had to go. I was annoyed at Morgan's first challenge especially being so early... and at live action pace just in front of me thought it was a bad tackle for the second yellow. Its only when I saw the replay in the fanzine outside I became livid. Its outrageous we cannot appeal the decision.

Overall we were well worth the point - and if offered at the kick-off I would easily taken it. I felt for Mason in that the header was about a yard off from being very effective and we would have kept the clean sheet.

Next week - I do think Besic will start alongside Gana  and perm two from Sigurdsson/Davies/Klaassen/Lookman//Mirallas. Sandro/DCL/Rooney combinations will I think challenge CFC

On way out had a chat with the guy I still think took the best corner consistently for us... Mr. A Hinchcliffe who of course did live in both parishes!

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:49 am

Great stuff Uwie - it's always interesting to hear more about the match, especially the what's surrounding the game. Manchester City V Everton - Page 6 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:41 am

Da Judge wrote:On way out had a chat with the guy I still think took the best corner consistently for us... Mr. A Hinchcliffe who of course did live in both parishes!

Manchester City V Everton - Page 6 Food-smi
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 23 Aug 2017, 1:40 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:I don't think it was harsh at all Hairy.

You can see the little rat look exactly where DCL is and purposely goes for it, that's probably what cost him the second yellow, the premeditation.

Sneids also catches the diver Aguerro, but it's a stupid tackle from behind against a man who goes down quicker than Danielle Lloyd (no I have not watched the leaked vid at all.......)

There is a video knocking around (I saw it on Grandoldteam) that shows quite clearly that Walker pushed his shoulder into DCL's chin. I was happy to accept that he, DCL, did something snidey but he didn't.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next