606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets

+16
Goodison_Gringo
Super
SEFTON
Armchair
Hinchcliffe Corner
Gravy & Chips
Cahill the Great
Blue gazza
The President
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
Statman
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 3 Empty Re: Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets

Post  SEFTON Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:36 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:BBC Wales are reporting this as a done deal at £12m.  

Okay, Williams may be nearly 43 years old or something, but I'm fucking delighted with Stones out at £47.5m and Williams in at £12m.  Stones may develop into a great player, but we need a Williams right now more than we need a Stones.  So thanks and fuck off John, and welcome Ashley - you're going to make a huge difference to our team.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about Stones. I think selling him has the potential to send the wrong message to our better players about the clubs ambitions, but Jags and Williams is a solid back pairing and with Mori, Galloway and Holgate fighting for a first team place, we're not in too bad a shape at the back.

Both Williams/Kone having Medicals at goodison Allegedly ,combined fee 26 million .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 3 Empty Re: Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets

Post  Armchair Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:57 pm

sefton wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:BBC Wales are reporting this as a done deal at £12m.  

Okay, Williams may be nearly 43 years old or something, but I'm fucking delighted with Stones out at £47.5m and Williams in at £12m.  Stones may develop into a great player, but we need a Williams right now more than we need a Stones.  So thanks and fuck off John, and welcome Ashley - you're going to make a huge difference to our team.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about Stones. I think selling him has the potential to send the wrong message to our better players about the clubs ambitions, but Jags and Williams is a solid back pairing and with Mori, Galloway and Holgate fighting for a first team place, we're not in too bad a shape at the back.

Both Williams/Kone having Medicals at goodison Allegedly ,combined fee 26 million .

We'll have more CBs than wingers cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 09 Aug 2016, 4:16 pm

Agree this is a good signing.

We don't need Stones either as Holgate is the new, better Stones.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 09 Aug 2016, 8:15 pm

Decent signing but I still think we need a better defender than Williams/Jags/Mores.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:25 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Decent signing but I still think we need a better defender than Williams/Jags/Mores.

The actual fee for Ashley Williams expected transfer to Everton today is ? £9 million not the 12 million as reported .

Great Business. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:48 pm

sefton wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Decent signing but I still think we need a better defender than Williams/Jags/Mores.

The actual fee for Ashley Williams expected transfer to Everton today is ? £9 million not the 12 million as reported .

Great Business. cheers
except he's yet another Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 3 295966

being positive though ...we have someone to chat about old times with Gareth Barry I suppose

Number of posts : 40813
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:35 pm

Done

https://twitter.com/everton/status/763396069954695168
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:36 pm

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 3 Vehwgh10

WELCOME TO EVERTON, Ashley Williams. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:37 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/08/10/everton-sign-williams
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm

Great signing, exactly what we need right now. Ronald can build for the future but the first thing to do is to re-establish ourselves as a top 6 club again straight away.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:06 pm

Hinchcliffe Koerner wrote:Great signing, exactly what we need right now. Ronald can build for the future but the first thing to do is to re-establish ourselves as a top 6 club again straight away.

Exactly.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:15 pm

Very pleased with this one. Hopefully a couple more to come this week.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:44 pm

yay cheers but Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 3 295966

Number of posts : 40813

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 10 Aug 2016, 5:49 pm

Should be a good signing cheers
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 10 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm

a great signing, welcome Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 10 Aug 2016, 7:26 pm

Pleased to have him on board. 3 year deal seems a bit generous given his age though.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 11 Aug 2016, 7:59 am

Armchair wrote:Pleased to have him on board. 3 year deal seems a bit generous given his age though.

Pleased with Ash as well. Forget his age, he's currently the best British defender there is and probably has been for a good few years. He's exactly what we need at the back
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 11 Aug 2016, 8:00 am

Armchair wrote:Pleased to have him on board. 3 year deal seems a bit generous given his age though.

Pleased with Ash as well.  Forget his age, he's currently the best British defender there is and probably has been for a good few years.  He's exactly what we need at the back
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:01 am

Exactly, forget his age.

Centre halves last a lot longer than left/right backs, they never usually get passed the half way line except for corners and it's more about speed of thought than actual speed
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:07 am

Gravy & Chips wrote:Exactly, forget his age.

Centre halves last a lot longer than left/right backs, they never usually get passed the half way line except for corners and it's more about speed of thought than actual speed

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 3 _1737308_gough300
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 11 Aug 2016, 3:06 pm

Ronald Koeman has addressed the media ahead of his first Premier League game as Everton manager.

Despite confirming Ashley Williams won't be ready to face Spurs on Saturday, the Dutchman is pleased with his new £12m centre-back.

"We had to get a new defender and Ashley brings experience, leadership and he knows the Premier League," he said.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 11 Aug 2016, 3:20 pm

Other press conf stuff:

One in, two out? Not for Koeman. Everton's new boss was defiant over potential Goodison Park outgoings.

"Romelu Lukaku is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players," he said.

"Phil Jagielka is the captain of the team. We don't have too many centre backs. We need four so there is no way he can leave the Club."

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says the Toffees need four new faces to step up a level.

"We are not at the level we need to be yet. We are working hard and we will improve. But the team will be strong on Saturday," he said.

"I don't comment on rumours. We have discussions with the board and with Steve Walsh, and we want three or four more players."
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 11 Aug 2016, 6:11 pm

Armchair wrote:Other press conf stuff:

One in, two out? Not for Koeman. Everton's new boss was defiant over potential Goodison Park outgoings.

"Romelu Lukaku is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players," he said.

"Phil Jagielka is the captain of the team. We don't have too many centre backs. We need four so there is no way he can leave the Club."

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says the Toffees need four new faces to step up a level.

"We are not at the level we need to be yet. We are working hard and we will improve. But the team will be strong on Saturday," he said.

"I don't comment on rumours. We have discussions with the board and with Steve Walsh, and we want three or four more players."

70% fit, both Lukaku/Coleman a doubt for Spuds game, Would like to know what exactly was Graham Jones job? God help Belgium.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 19 Aug 2016, 1:19 pm

New Blue Ashley Williams has been speaking about being a boyhood Liverpool fan.

Shouldn’t stop him being a passionate Evertonian now - Leon Osman followed the Reds as a kid and so did Peter Reid among several others while Adam Lallana is the latest in a long list of young Blues who went on to become players at Anfield.

"I grew up as a Liverpool fan, up to when I was about 13 or 14. John Barnes was my idol, so it was unbelievable to meet him. But once you play in the Premier League, you don’t support anyone. Liverpool are Liverpool - just another rival. But as a kid, I don’t really regret it. I knew it would surface, some time."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 19 Aug 2016, 3:25 pm

Super wrote:New Blue Ashley Williams has been speaking about being a boyhood Liverpool fan.

Shouldn’t stop him being a passionate Evertonian now - Leon Osman followed the Reds as a kid and so did Peter Reid among several others while Adam Lallana is the latest in a long list of young Blues who went on to become players at Anfield.

"I grew up as a Liverpool fan, up to when I was about 13 or 14. John Barnes was my idol, so it was unbelievable to meet him. But once you play in the Premier League, you don’t support anyone. Liverpool are Liverpool - just another rival. But as a kid, I don’t really regret it. I knew it would surface, some time."

Sell the dirty red shite.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next