606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets

+16
Goodison_Gringo
Super
SEFTON
Armchair
Hinchcliffe Corner
Gravy & Chips
Cahill the Great
Blue gazza
The President
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
Statman
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets

Post  Armchair Fri 5 Aug - 5:10

You would think there is someone younger and/or cheaper available.

Maybe Ronnie wants two experienced CBs (Jags and Williams) and two/three still learning the ropes (Mori, Stones/Galloway).
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 5 Aug - 5:19

Prices in this transfer window are massively inflated. £15m is obviously a lot given his age but I think he's as guaranteed as can be, to be a success. If he's a success then the fee is irrelevant in the grand scheme.

I don't think £15m is to bad but not sure Swansea would accept still.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Fri 5 Aug - 5:31

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Prices in this transfer window are massively inflated. £15m is obviously a lot given his age but I think he's as guaranteed as can be, to be a success. If he's a success then the fee is irrelevant in the grand scheme.

I don't think £15m is to bad but not sure Swansea would accept still.

Agreed. I think we'll pursue it to show everyone that we mean business and the days of us being pushovers with no cash are gone.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 5 Aug - 5:51

I've heard again it's only a matter of time! ITK
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 5 Aug - 6:22

Cahill the Great wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Expect a news story confirming that the player has signed a new and improved contract......
...or we offer £15M ?

We are indeed apparently bidding £15m now.   I think that's too much and that we should look elsewhere.  My thoughts are that we must be desperate if we're prepared to pay that!
but everyone's that price now. £50M for Stones. £75M for Luke. Daft I tells ya.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 5 Aug - 6:49

How much did RK pay for Van Djik from Celtic a year ago?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 5 Aug - 10:09

Mr_Ben wrote:How much did RK pay for Van Djik from Celtic a year ago?

Wikipedia says £13m #cheaperthenniasse
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 5 Aug - 19:23

Lumper wrote:I've heard again it's only a matter of time! ITK

Its been proven that ITK (In the know) people don't really know a lot ?If you believe social media, latest rumours and I stress they are just rumours, Everton will up their bid to 12 million.

Another few million would get you a decent younger defender.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-11-01

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 5 Aug - 20:13

sefton wrote:

Its been proven that ITK (In the know) people don't really know a lot ?If you believe social media, latest rumours and I stress they are just rumours, Everton will up their bid to 12 million.

+1

I think Stnes will become a work class defender, and I'd rather have him at goodison for the rest of his career, if he goes we will probably get £40m for him (despite what we are holding out for) and it would be a waste to throw £15m of that on an aging defender, I'd rather give the kids a go.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 5 Aug - 21:16

Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:

+1

I think Stnes will become a work class defender, and I'd rather have him at goodison for the rest of his career, if he goes we will probably get £40m for him (despite what we are holding out for) and it would be a waste to throw £15m of that on an aging defender, I'd rather give the kids a go.

Holgate looked good against Utd the other night.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 5 Aug - 22:19

Super wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:

+1

I've been told this is sorted by someone ITK. They're a solid source. Swansea have already spent the money on a striker and are just messing us about.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 5 Aug - 22:39

Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:

+1

With Stones it appears to be a case of Tic Toc. The lad has potential, but while we're waiting, our other players are looking for some more "now" and we're just wasting time. Stones is going to be sitting on the bench more often than he thinks.
If we were in the same position as Martinez's first season, and we blew a CL spot because Stones has decided to "express himself" we'd all be wanting his blood. I think the lad will be very good, but not Rio Ferdinand or John Terry great.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Fri 5 Aug - 22:53

Super wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:

+1

A WORK class defender.....Not on his wages, he won't tongue
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 9 Aug - 21:53

Fee now been agreed if you believe a few tweets I've seen today.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 9 Aug - 21:58

Everton are closing in on the signing of Swansea City star Ashley Williams, according to Wales Online.

Everton, whose defender John Stones was announced as Manchester City's latest signing this morning, have reportedly had a £10m bid accepted for the Welshman.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 9 Aug - 22:19

Super wrote:
Everton are closing in on the signing of Swansea City star Ashley Williams, according to Wales Online.

Everton, whose defender John Stones was announced as Manchester City's latest signing this morning, have reportedly had a £10m bid accepted for the Welshman.
must have been agrred before we agrred to let Stones leave.... surely

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 9 Aug - 22:20

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:

must have been agrred before we agrred to let Stones leave.... surely

You would think so. But this Everton Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 9 Aug - 22:21

SSN apparently

EVERTON CLOSE ON WILLIAMS

Everton have wasted little time in strengthening their central defence after agreeing a £12m deal with Swansea for their captain Ashley Williams.

The 31-year old defender, who skippered Wales during their successful Euros campaign in France over the summer, said his goodbyes at the club's training ground this morning.

He's expected to travel to Merseyside later this afternoon to carry out a medical ahead of signing a two-year deal

Last edited by Blue gazza on Tue 9 Aug - 22:22; edited 1 time in total
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 9 Aug - 22:22

Blue gazza wrote:SSN apparently

Everton have wasted little time in strengthening their central defence after agreeing a £12m deal with Swansea for their captain Ashley Williams.

The 31-year old defender, who skippered Wales during their successful Euros campaign in France over the summer, said his goodbyes at the club's training ground this morning.

He's expected to travel to Merseyside later this afternoon to carry out a medical ahead of signing a two-year old.

Sounds more like Adam Johnson.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 9 Aug - 22:23

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

He's expected to travel to Merseyside later this afternoon to carry out a medical ahead of signing a two-year old.

nowt wrong with potential Very Happy Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 9 Aug - 22:26

ITK Wink
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 9 Aug - 22:27

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Ashley Williams - Diet of Oatcakes and Pikelets - Page 2 F_laugh cop
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 9 Aug - 22:29

BBC Wales are reporting this as a done deal at £12m.

Okay, Williams may be nearly 43 years old or something, but I'm fucking delighted with Stones out at £47.5m and Williams in at £12m. Stones may develop into a great player, but we need a Williams right now more than we need a Stones. So thanks and fuck off John, and welcome Ashley - you're going to make a huge difference to our team.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 9 Aug - 22:31

hairy cataract wrote:BBC Wales are reporting this as a done deal at £12m.  

Okay, Williams may be nearly 43 years old or something, but I'm fucking delighted with Stones out at £47.5m and Williams in at £12m.  Stones may develop into a great player, but we need a Williams right now more than we need a Stones.  So thanks and fuck off John, and welcome Ashley - you're going to make a huge difference to our team.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about Stones. I think selling him has the potential to send the wrong message to our better players about the clubs ambitions, but Jags and Williams is a solid back pairing and with Mori, Galloway and Holgate fighting for a first team place, we're not in too bad a shape at the back.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 9 Aug - 22:34

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:BBC Wales are reporting this as a done deal at £12m.  

Okay, Williams may be nearly 43 years old or something, but I'm fucking delighted with Stones out at £47.5m and Williams in at £12m.  Stones may develop into a great player, but we need a Williams right now more than we need a Stones.  So thanks and fuck off John, and welcome Ashley - you're going to make a huge difference to our team.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about Stones. I think selling him has the potential to send the wrong message to our better players about the clubs ambitions, but Jags and Williams is a solid back pairing and with Mori, Galloway and Holgate fighting for a first team place, we're not in too bad a shape at the back.

I also wonder whether the deal was done with Citteh days ago, but they agreed to keep it quiet until we signed Williams - our thinking being that if Swansea knew we had the Stones money and we're desperate, they could ask for £20m off us. Unfortunately UEFA let the cat out of the bag, so everything had to go public today.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next