Everton v Dynamo Militia

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Everton v Dynamo Militia - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton v Dynamo Militia

Post  Statman on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:20 am

Reflections on the night

1. Alcaraz is 'kin scary (for the wrong reasons).
2. Everton have never won a European trophy.
3. Lukaku is 'kin scary (for the right reasons). I've said for years that if Heskey has punched his weight he would have been a great player. I saw him do it once in the World Cup last 16 game against Denmark (was it 2002). I've seen Lukaku do it twice. His header in his first game for us against West Ham and tonight from about 30 mins until the end of the game.
4. That first 30 minutes was incredibly bad. Incredibly!
5. The reason that Everton have been so poor this season is due to the Everton crowd (apparently).
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:33 am

really pleased with the second half performance. Alcaraz was fouled for their goal, but it was a beauty. Can only assume the pitch caused the full backs to be so coy in the first half, and the change of studs I recommended worked at half time Very Happy

Howard better tonight, Jags seems back in the general direction of his best.

was going to pick a side for Newkie but I'll let all you betting men do that Smile
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:34 am

Statman wrote:Reflections on the night

3. Lukaku is 'kin scary (for the right reasons). I've said for years that if Heskey has punched his weight he would have been a great player. I saw him do it once in the World Cup last 16 game against Denmark (was it 2002). I've seen Lukaku do it twice. His header in his first game for us against West Ham and tonight from about 30 mins until the end of the game.
5. The reason that Everton have been so poor this season is due to the Everton crowd (apparently).

2. Cup Winners Cup.?
elephant
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 1:01 am

mindyerho? wrote:
Statman wrote:Reflections on the night

2. Cup Winners Cup.?
elephant

Sorry but that never happened. Also, Howard Kendall never managed Everton in Europe.

If you disagree take it up with Clive Tyldesley.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 1:09 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Best 45 mins of the season from us I'd say. Could be a turning point?

Played with great intensity, pushed higher up the pitch so less fannying around on our own 18 yard line. Luka genuinely unplayable at times, Garbutt excellent - I wouldn't put Baines back in too quickly - Ossie came on a did some nice stuff as usual.

Excellent.

Sack Martinez though.
So why do we, so often, find it impossible to have the same intensity from the git go? Having a crack at them when the game started would be the way to go, no?
The opening 20 minutes was so predictable, as many of us did in the pub. "We'll tikitaki and fanny about for 20 minutes and then someone will cock it up and we'll be chasing the game." How many times do we have to do that before we figure out that it don't work. We send ourselves to sleep.
The game was screaming for Ossie at half time. Get Barry off and Ossie getting some neat triangles going. When did you last see 3 EFC players weaving it about? It's just ponderous.
Then someone put a fly up a few arses, and bingo we look tricky and powerful.
Maybe we can catch them on the break next week.
I hear McGready may be back.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 7:39 am

Barry is suspended for Toon and QPR. Will be interesting to see if Bobby plays safe and replaces him with Besic, is a bit more adventurous and picks Gibbo, or is much more adventurous and plays Ossie.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 9:29 am

Armchair wrote:Barry is suspended for Toon and QPR. Will be interesting to see if Bobby plays safe and replaces him with Besic, is a bit more adventurous and picks Gibbo, or is much more adventurous and plays Ossie.

Would like to see Gibson start against the Geordie's,, Gibson for me has more energy and creativity, with both Lennon & Atsu both available Martinez could also rest both Barkley & Mirralas.

Was interesting what Lukaku said after the game ? the forwards, Lukaku-Naismith-Barkley and Mirralas were too scared to hit the ball in opposition penalty area, putting Immense pressure on Our Defenders and defensive-midfielders for the first 20 minutes which resulted in conceding a goal, Our fans were becoming restless having to watch Tiki-Tacki football and back passing when we should be going forward, some fans resulted in booing, although this isn't the best response for players confidence it did change the game, though when Naismith equalised just before half time.
Second half as Hairy said, we played some of are best football of the season,a more attacking and physical game that brought the fans to life.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9947
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 10:01 am

Sefton wrote:
Armchair wrote:Barry is suspended for Toon and QPR. Will be interesting to see if Bobby plays safe and replaces him with Besic, is a bit more adventurous and picks Gibbo, or is much more adventurous and plays Ossie.

Would like to see Gibson start against the Geordie's,, Gibson for me has more energy and creativity, with both Lennon & Atsu both available Martinez could also rest both Barkley & Mirralas.

Was interesting what Lukaku said after the game ? the forwards, Lukaku-Naismith-Barkley and Mirralas were too scared to hit the ball in opposition penalty area, putting Immense pressure on Our Defenders and defensive-midfielders for the first 20 minutes which resulted in conceding a goal, Our fans were becoming restless having to watch Tiki-Tacki football and back passing when we should be going forward, some fans resulted in booing, although this isn't the best response for players confidence it did change the game, though when Naismith equalised just before half time.
Second half as Hairy said, we played some of are best football of the season,a more attacking and physical game that brought the fans to life.

I think having Ossie on the pitch as much as possible until we are safe is vital. He can create space either for himself or others in the final third like no other in our squad. He can turn on a sixpence and change the point of attack in tight spaces. He have really missed him, even to have an option off the bench for last 20 minutes.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 10:31 am

Bluejagz wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I think having Ossie on the pitch as much as possible until we are safe is vital. He can create space either for himself or others in the final third like no other in our squad. He can turn on a sixpence and change the point of attack in tight spaces. He have really missed him, even to have an option off the bench for last 20 minutes.

Agreed, some how having Ossie on for the last 20/30 minutes, gives us hope and he always gives 100%,We have missed his quick thinking in the final third, Also, We need to get are mid-fielders involved more in attack, not many goals from that area if you take out Naismith , both Barkley & Mirralas not contributing as much as they should.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9947
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:13 am

Just looked at the pen.
Jeez Big Luke was fortunate.
btw, Ossie should be first on the team sheet on Sunday.
Macca in the holding role. 4 of the rest and Big Luke. When we're 3-0 in the lead, sub the big fella.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:14 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Just looked at the pen.
Macca in the holding role. 4 of the rest and Big Luke. When we're 3-0 in the lead, sub the big fella.

Agree to an extent, but ossie works well as a substitute, he's got quick feet and does well when defenders are tired.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:47 am

Tonteau wrote:

Agree to an extent, but ossie works well as a substitute, he's got quick feet and does well when defenders are tired.
you know... I said a while back that I think it is no coincidence that we went to ratshit when Ossie was injured... I think we really have missed him a lot more than we give him credit for.

..and also Pieman.. even though he's nearly 60 years old the link up with Baines was a key pairing

Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34703
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 1:48 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

you know... I said a while back that I think it is no coincidence that we went to ratshit when Ossie was injured... I think we really have missed him a lot more than we give him credit for.

..and also Pieman.. even though he's nearly 60 years old the link up with Baines was a key pairing

The Players of Invention.

cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Yes, I think a lot of our problems this season have come from not replacing Ossie and Pienaar with similar players. Sure, people often had a go at Leon but you only realise how good he is when he comes back into the squad after a break. And Pieman is way past his sell-by date but, at his peak, he was better than any of the shite we have in midfield now. Baines is half the player without Pienaar. But I did notice Garbutt was linking up well with Lukaku at times when he big man drifted out left. I honestly think that's the future. We have to get Garbutt signed up because, if we don't, someone like the SHite or ManUre will come in and get him for nuppence.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:22 pm

Statman wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:So well done boys, confidence building performance.... now for some housekeeping

Sef you got us a win so you do get the 4point bonus on top of the normal points in the Thread League..... please take this note to the League admin and have the points applied. Well done. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
v

Do I get to do the replay in kyiv ?

Yes Sef, you currently have the EL thread for this round.
If we win in Kyiv on the night  - the Court shall applaud you and award an additional 4 points above the standard result. If we draw then you will get an additional 2 points. Lose and nothing!!

Uwie if we get through just do the decent thing and make the man a 'Sir'.

Come on Sef. Sorry, come on Sir Sef.
Ok,, Sir Sefton of the PArk's ridiculously generous awards will be applied... and he is now in the chair for the return Kiev game Evil or Very Mad
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34703

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum: