Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora)

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora) - Page 12 Empty Re: Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora)

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

Sefton wrote:Didn't enjoy that game , the times we keep going backwards instead of attack, have been far too many.
Its a bad habit we need to shake off, When are crowd starts booing its because we were playing shite, what has happened to are wing-backs? both Coleman and Baines looked uncomfortable.

Once again Lukaku looked way off the pace , time for Martinez to rest the big man, Kone looks ready for a start in the first team, would like to see Naismith-Kone-Eto'o in a three prong attack against Southampton, Barkley seemed quite suited to defensive midfield, only problem a better team would have found us out , Besic is a work horse but at the same time you worry when he goes in two footed low on the ground, still he was my MOTM.

That's pretty much how I saw it. We look nervy, disorganised, scared. The slow build up is excruciatingly painful at times because it makes it so easy for the opposition. We gave the ball away more than they did, and they're shite. We were very lucky last night, we look a mid-table side, but we have top 8 players. I was a huge fan of Bobby in his first season but now, given the resources he has, I really don't know what he's doing. Bodgers may be a tosser, but at least he seems to be brave enough to drop players when they're not performing. Luka has to be axed. Whether it's because of our system, or because he's not terribly good, he's giving us nothing at the moment. I like the idea of Kone, Eto'o and Nais up top. We don't need a big target man because our free kicks and corners are so laughable, so let's have players who seem to have a brain rather than Lukaku.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora) - Page 12 Empty Re: Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora)

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:02 am

….one other thing. Mirallas. Is he playing for a move this season? He seems to produce two or three eye catching runs in every game, but rarely picks a decent pass at the end of them. He wants out doesn't he? It'd be a shame, because he is our most naturally talented player, along with Barkley but, on the other hand, as long as he doesn't go to the Shite, what will be will be. Spurs seems a good fit for him, he'll be a squaddie there, earn a load of money, live the high life in London, and eventually be moved on to Sunderland or a Russian side.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:06 am

Yeah, it has to be said that Kone looks like our best striker at the moment Neutral
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

Naismith really made a difference yesterday. It's no coincidence we've not won a game in the league since he was out and this is the first game we've won in any competition without McCarthy.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

hairberto cataract wrote:….one other thing.  Mirallas.  Is he playing for a move this season?  He seems to produce two or three eye catching runs in every game, but rarely picks a decent pass at the end of them.  He wants out doesn't he?  It'd be a shame, because he is our most naturally talented player, along with Barkley but, on the other hand, as long as he doesn't go to the Shite, what will be will be.  Spurs seems a good fit for him, he'll be a squaddie there, earn a load of money, live the high life in London, and eventually be moved on to Sunderland or a Russian side.

I read Mirallas comment awhile back, he bemoaned about missing playing football in Greece with Olympiakas ,maybe Champions league football is turning his head.
If he's not happy then, Martinez should let him go.

As for Lukaku, his contribution in a game is very little , I just wonder if he's carrying too much weight, I predict that Kone (given all his set backs) will want to prove to our fans that he was a snip at £6 million, Juggs may beg to differ but, I have monitored Kones last few outings and he's a strong lad with better ball control than Lukaku, If Martinez gives him the chance against Southampton I see Kone keeping Lukaku on the bench.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9947
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:56 am

Lukaku had no service last night apart from balls lumped up to him or passed to him with his back to goal and as he cant head the ball and his first touch is shit, that was just a waste of time. He needs it past him so he can run into it and attack their defence. He made loads of good movement on front of goal only to be ignored by mirallas (too greedy) or mcgeady (too shit).

Also whilst in a rant, Besic was good in the tackle but was one of the worst offenders for either passing it back from an attacking position or trying to beat players in front of our penalty area! He needs to make better decisions.

Nails was class.... Who would have thought we would ever be saying that! Shocked

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Lukaku had no service last night apart from balls lumped up to him or passed to him with his back to goal and as he cant head the ball and his first touch is shit, that was just a waste of time.  He needs it past him so he can run into it and attack their defence.  He made loads of good movement on front of goal only to be ignored by mirallas (too greedy) or mcgeady (too shit).

Also whilst in a rant, Besic was good in the tackle but was one of the worst offenders for either passing it back from an attacking position or trying to beat players in front of our penalty area! He needs to make better decisions.

Nails was class.... Who would have thought we would ever be saying that! Shocked

I like Besic a lot. Never hides, always shows for the ball, always wants it to feet. He can make you a little jumpy at times, but he's an excellent player. We pass it back in the to middle/defence when he's not there and much of his passing backwards is because he has so few forward options. Our movement off the ball is apalling.

I said it last season and I'll say it again. If you want to play tight, passing football then you have to give options to the man with the ball. Currently we're not getting nearly enough players close to whoever has the ball.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:34 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Lukaku had no service last night apart from balls lumped up to him or passed to him with his back to goal and as he cant head the ball and his first touch is shit, that was just a waste of time.  He needs it past him so he can run into it and attack their defence.  He made loads of good movement on front of goal only to be ignored by mirallas (too greedy) or mcgeady (too shit).

Sorry Juggs, Lukaku has not put in a decent shift in a while now, since he signed/ sealed his contract in the summer, looks over weight/very lazy, not worth 6 million on performances of late.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9947
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm

Strange game, we were shit but never really troubled and won comfortably.

Lukaku looked shit but really didn't have the supply to suit his game, he's a big lad but he's not a great target man.

Thought Barkley did very well from deeper, distributed the ball well and didn't make too many errors, got kicked all over the field for the entire game as well.

we seem to be building up too slowly at the moment. the slow build up just gives the opposition too much time to get back and defend, that limits baines and coleman's impact as by the time they get the ball they don't have the space to attack. It doesn't help that infront of them Mirrallas and McGeady just want to keep the ball and barely ever seem to switch outside for the overlap.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 1:43 pm

I'd like to see Garbutt given an outing over Christmas, or in the FA Cup. On the little we've seen of him, he looks like he has the potential to be a future England left back. Needs to sort out his defending, but his crossing and corners are better than anything we have in the team at the moment, and he looks like he has the confidence to go bombing on at every opportunity.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 2:10 pm

The passing game isn't working because our movement and control is Sunday league standard at the moment. We know the players have the ability as we managed to do it to great affect last season, so why isn't it happening this season? Lack of confidence? Lack of concentration? Poor training? Who knows? I keep waiting for us to turn the corner that all the commentators keep telling us we are on. Problem is it seems to be one big corner and we have the turning capability of an 18 wheeler with a flat tyre. I hope we come through it by the time the Europa League kicks in again, but in reality I know it's delusion to even consider contemplating winning that at the moment.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3757
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 2:30 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I'd like to see Garbutt given an outing over Christmas, or in the FA Cup.  On the little we've seen of him, he looks like he has the potential to be a future England left back.  Needs to sort out his defending, but his crossing and corners are better than anything we have in the team at the moment, and he looks like he has the confidence to go bombing on at every opportunity.

can't see it happening at the moment, got baines and Oviedo ahead of him. Could possibly do a job pushed up the wing ahead of baines, less onus on him defensively and it worked in parts with Coleman infront of Hibberyt/Neville a few seasons back. Bit more direct play from the wing, less fannying around doing stepovers dwelling on the ball (mirrallas / McGeady) just beat the man and whip in the cross.

think Garbutt will be away to a decent team on loan come january
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 3:27 pm

Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora) - Page 12 Besic10
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm

Super wrote:Everton 3 (Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith) v QPR 1 (Zamora) - Page 12 Besic10
as you would expect from your central midfield

Number of posts : 25878

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum