606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round)

+18
Cahill the Great
RhinoJagz
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Hinchcliffe Corner
Goodison_Gringo
Lumper
Knight of Thorgothshire
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
tadpole
Helenqu
Albert
Statman
The President
Mr_Ben
22 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round) - Page 9 Empty Re: Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round)

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:12 am

sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:This sums it up from Toffeeweb:

I really am trying hard to understand this rotation bollocks.. we're a handful of games in.. it's not fuckin January. It's like Martinez has read 'the big book of European football'... and is determined to be like the big boys.

Rotation is fuckin pointless if you get beat every game. Fuck sake man.. find your best XI, then rotate the clowns who play shite.. it's not rocket science.

and another punter asks if someone is going to be held to account for spending £28m on a forward who can't even trap a ball.  Okay, I know it was a "statement of intent" to splash out big, but did any of us think Luka was worth £28m in the second half of last season? In all honesty, is he any better a striker than Jelavic?

You've staired-up a hornets nest now Hairy ,I told my lad and his cousin a few months back, that I didn't think we should pay that kind of money for Lukaku,
I personally think Jelavic is a better player ,he tracks back when he loses the ball, Lukaku like Barry are not fighting for contracts now, so, they don't play like they did last season,just feel we are lacking in pace and passion.

Just my opinion.

I agree Sef. Lukaku was great for a couple of months last season, outstanding. But he went off the boil, and is still off the boil. If anything he looks even worse this season, his head goes down, he looks pained, unfit, lacking in confidence, and his ball control is consistently poor. Maybe he's starting to think he's not actually going to be a great player, whereas at the start of last season he thought he was the next Drogba. My only hope is that he is the kind of player who comes good in his late 20s. Unfortunately, by then he'll have finished his contract with us, been sold for £1m, and will be playing abroad. Eto'o has come in on a free and looked ten times the player, even in the twilight of his career.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round) - Page 9 Empty Re: Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round)

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:35 am

I ain't even mad any more...

Decided after the palace game that this is my last year as a season ticket holder.

It was up in the air due to the impending bundle of joy (shit, snot and dribble) but the missus said that I should get one year more in, as the kid wouldn't really remember me not being there so was given the green light for a further season, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy football as a whole as much as I once did.

The game is ruined with money and our professionals are not doing anything for my high blood pressure, so Block x seat 68 will be free next season....
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:00 pm

Would have been drawn away to Liverpool in next round. Got our humiliation out of the way early 😄

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:04 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Would have been drawn away to Liverpool in next round. Got our humiliation out of the way early 😄

I don't know why people are up in knots over exiting the carling cup with a lame performance. It's not as if we don't do this every year! Probably a competition that we didn't need to be involved in this season with all the Europe fixtures!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:28 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Would have been drawn away to Liverpool in next round. Got our humiliation out of the way early 😄

I don't know why people are up in knots over exiting the carling cup with a lame performance.  It's not as if we don't do this every year! Probably a competition that we didn't need to be involved in this season with all the Europe fixtures!

I suppose because it's further compounds a worrying run of poor defending and error strewn performances rather then just a one off. Further aggrivated by the manager's seemingly indifferent response to it all.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:28 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

I don't know why people are up in knots over exiting the carling cup with a lame performance.  It's not as if we don't do this every year! Probably a competition that we didn't need to be involved in this season with all the Europe fixtures!
Exactly. I had no problem with RM playing his second string, it was the team he put out against CP that pyssed us all off.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:58 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

I don't care about the COC much.. I say much because I do care a BIT as it was winnable..

What I really care about is our piss poor form... we now have 3 away games in a row.. against the shite.. in Russia & at Manure.. once we get through those we could be ok in Europe but in the bottom three in the prem... THAT worries me

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:04 am

Gravy & Chips wrote:I ain't even mad any more...

Decided after the palace game that this is my last year as a season ticket holder.

It was up in the air due to the impending bundle of joy (shit, snot and dribble) but the missus said that I should get one year more in, as the kid wouldn't really remember me not being there so was given the green light for a further season, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy football as a whole as much as I once did.

The game is ruined with money and our professionals are not doing anything for my high blood pressure, so Block x seat 68 will be free next season....

That's very sad news Gravy, I would take my hat off to you in person for your loyalty Sir, It gets harder the older you get and your ticker has probably had one too many short stoppages over the years , Whilst chairman-manages-players all come and go, loyal supporters like yourself stay until the lights are turned off.

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round) - Page 9 Bowdown Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round) - Page 9 F_ale

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:20 am

wigan
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:32 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:wigan

+1

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9