606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round)

+18
Cahill the Great
RhinoJagz
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Hinchcliffe Corner
Goodison_Gringo
Lumper
Knight of Thorgothshire
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
tadpole
Helenqu
Albert
Statman
The President
Mr_Ben
22 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round) - Page 8 Empty Re: Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:50 pm

The positives - Garbutt not bad, Atsu better than Saturday, Besic better, Alcaraz only as bad as Distin, STones and Jags....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round) - Page 8 Empty Re: Swansea 3 v Everton 0 (COC 3rd Round)

Post  Armchair Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:50 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "The scoreline reflects the team that took the chances. During long spells we stopped Swansea from playing. It was an important game for us - for players who haven't played many minutes and to see where they are.
"If you analyse the chances Swansea had, they were few and far between. We had two or three very good situations. In many aspects, I was fairly pleased with that."

Yeah I'm fucking cock-a-hoop that we only conceded 3 against Swansea and we even had 'two or three very good situations'. Fan-fucking-tastic. I can't wait for Saturday now!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:51 pm

And here they are.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "The scoreline reflects the team that took the chances. During long spells we stopped Swansea from playing. It was an important game for us - for players who haven't played many minutes and to see where they are.
"If you analyse the chances Swansea had, they were few and far between. We had two or three very good situations. In many aspects, I was fairly pleased with that."

Told you. Very Happy So Swansea had chances, 'they were few and far between'. But they scored 3 of them! We had 'two or three very good situations'. But we scored none!

Bobby Glass Half Full Martinez, eh?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:52 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "The scoreline reflects the team that took the chances. During long spells we stopped Swansea from playing. It was an important game for us - for players who haven't played many minutes and to see where they are.

Yeah I'm fucking cock-a-hoop that we only conceded 3 against Swansea and we even had 'two or three very good situations'. Fan-fucking-tastic. I can't wait for Saturday now!
Incredible. Simply incredible.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:53 pm

Bluejagz wrote:And here they are.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "The scoreline reflects the team that took the chances. During long spells we stopped Swansea from playing. It was an important game for us - for players who haven't played many minutes and to see where they are.

Told you. Very Happy  So Swansea had chances, 'they were few and far between'. But they scored 3 of them! We had 'two or three very good situations'. But we scored none!

More like glass overflowing.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:54 pm

I think if Sturridge is back for Saturday, we will get a real hiding. If it's Neil Mellor or Michael Thomas up front, we might get out with just a 2-0 defeat.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:54 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:I look forward to Martinez's cheerful post match thoughts and how delighted he was with random insignificant aspects of our game. i.e. how great it was for Tony Hibbert to nearly score.
Yeah, no kidding, the post match analysis and comments from the manager is ridiculous. It's good, I suppose, trying to be positive, but fook me, it's time to start kicking some arses in the dressing room.

Some one please get a grip with Roberto, we are Everton not fucking Wigan.

we get relegated what will he say next? we are making progress?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:55 pm

Based on those post-match comments, sounds like Martinez is hitting the booze harder than Kendall did when he was our manager.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm

And just to round off the evening nicely, the Shite take the lead in ET.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:09 pm

There's no way I'm reading through this thread. There was enough language out of my mouth watching that display. We need to turn this around quickly. No need to panic but there was a lot of passengers out there tonight, that's a real worry,
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:18 pm

equaliser! Penalties...
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:19 pm

sefton wrote:
Super wrote:Good lick whoever starts the next match thread.

Wasn't looking forward to Saturday before tonight's game, now don't think I will watch any of it.

I will take on the derby thread if that's ok confused
sure is Sef ... go for it !!! .. but be quick before someone else gets there

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm

Fuck off Bobby
fucking what... disgraceful.... what a cock

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:27 pm

Told you. Very Happy  So Swansea had chances, 'they were few and far between'. But they scored 3 of them! We had 'two or three very good situations'. But we scored none!

Even an empty glass is full. Just full of air. Hot air in this case.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:10 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Even an empty glass is full. Just full of air. Hot air in this case.

Probably the worst post match comments I've heard from Bobby so far. I just don't think he knows how to give a bollocking!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:28 am

Feel even worse about this today.

At least up to now I've been able to convince myself we've got some great players, we've played well in a lot of the games and it was just stupid defensive mistakes.  But now... we were a crock of shit all over the park last night!  I can only think it's the current training regime!

RM needs to change something fundamental, and quick!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:43 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:Feel even worse about this today.

At least up to now I've been able to convince myself we've got some great players, we've played well in a lot of the games and it was just stupid defensive mistakes.  But now... we were a crock of shit all over the park last night!  I can only think it's the current training regime!

Only been in work 30 minutes and southern Ba*stards singing a swan song.

For Martinez to come out with after match comments like that , he doesn't understand Evertonians, we are honest and we expected him to be more critical of the team , to mollycoddle the players when he should be putting a rocket up their arses won't serve any purpose , we need players that will fight for team not roll over in defeat.

Lose the Derby, and he'll know very quickly the honeymoon period is over.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:58 am

sefton wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:Feel even worse about this today.

Only been in work 30 minutes and southern Ba*stards singing a swan song.

For Martinez to come out with after match comments like that , he doesn't understand Evertonians, we are honest and we expected him to be more critical of the team , to mollycoddle the players when he should be putting a rocket up their arses won't serve any purpose , we need players that will fight for team not roll over in defeat.

Lose the Derby, and he'll know very quickly the honeymoon period is over.

Correct - it's scary that he seems in denial that something is fundamentally wrong. I just hope behind closed doors it's a different story, but the repeated defensive mistakes suggest it's not.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:00 am

Here's another quote from our esteemed leader:

"The game went down to whoever was going to take their chances.

"If we had scored the first goal it would have been completely different.

"The scoreline reflects that Swansea were very clinical and we weren't and that is the reason why we are not in the competition.

"I feel Swansea deserve to go through as they had spells when they looked sharp and were good technically, but I don't think it was a performance which reflected a 3-0 difference."

Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:28 am

It's a modern thing, this relentless positivity. Bodgers is praising his team to the rafters too this morning after they struggled to overcome a lower league side. Because, however spawny it was, they won, he can get away with it, and his team will be fired up for the derby. The pennos has become another "Analfield Legend" story, another little delusion to add to the rest of their deluded history. But, for us, Roberto has come out with too many of those "positive slant" press conferences, and we're all getting a bit cynical. The team has been shit at full strength and even shitter at half strength.

Unfortunately, in hindsight, Martinez should have played his strongest, most settled team in every game so far this season. The League Cup is so winnable, looking at the shite (and The Shite) that's left in it for the last 16. Having said that, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to change things around a bit and get a better response than we've seen. As has been said, something seems to be fundementally wrong in the set-up and it needs sorting quickly because every manager is going to be looking at our defence and licking his lips.

Can you imagine what Balottelli will do to our central defenders? pale pale pale pale pale
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:34 am

Armchair wrote:Here's another quote from our esteemed leader:

"The game went down to whoever was going to take their chances.

"If we had scored the first goal it would have been completely different.

"The scoreline reflects that Swansea were very clinical and we weren't and that is the reason why we are not in the competition.

"I feel Swansea deserve to go through as they had spells when they looked sharp and were good technically, but I don't think it was a performance which reflected a 3-0 difference."

Wasn't the case against Palace and we were at home.

You carry on with lame excuses Roberto, you'll soon face the Spanish inquisition.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:35 am

This sums it up from Toffeeweb:

I really am trying hard to understand this rotation bollocks.. we're a handful of games in.. it's not fuckin January. It's like Martinez has read 'the big book of European football'... and is determined to be like the big boys.

Rotation is fuckin pointless if you get beat every game. Fuck sake man.. find your best XI, then rotate the clowns who play shite.. it's not rocket science.

and another punter asks if someone is going to be held to account for spending £28m on a forward who can't even trap a ball. Okay, I know it was a "statement of intent" to splash out big, but did any of us think Luka was worth £28m in the second half of last season? In all honesty, is he any better a striker than Jelavic?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:53 am

hairberto cataract wrote:It's a modern thing, this relentless positivity.  Bodgers is praising his team to the rafters too this morning after they struggled to overcome a lower league side.  Because, however spawny it was, they won, he can get away with it, and his team will be fired up for the derby.  The pennos has become another "Analfield Legend" story, another little delusion to add to the rest of their deluded history.  But, for us, Roberto has come out with too many of those "positive slant" press conferences, and we're all getting a bit cynical.  The team has been shit at full strength and even shitter at half strength.  

Unfortunately, in hindsight, Martinez should have played his strongest, most settled team in every game so far this season.  The League Cup is so winnable, looking at the shite (and The Shite) that's left in it for the last 16.  Having said that, there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to change things around a bit and get a better response than we've seen.  As has been said, something seems to be fundementally wrong in the set-up and it needs sorting quickly because every manager is going to be looking at our defence and licking his lips.

Can you imagine what Balottelli will do to our central defenders? pale pale pale pale pale

I'm starting to think are pre-season has a lot to do with this poor form, we don't look sharpe at all, we were done by Arsenal when they brought on players with pace, both palace and Swansea have found us out as well. certain players make me nervous before a ball has been kicked, we rely heavily on Baines-Coleman -Mirallas, the only players that have pace , David Moyes said it a few seasons back? we have far too many players aging over 30.

Jags-Distin-Hibbert-Barry-Pienaar-Osman-Eto'o ,Far too many old players in the squad, John Stones should have played last night as well as Tybias Browning, instead of Sylvan Distin and Hibbert who has only just returned from injury, Palace player Montero ran the game last night, Hibbert is too old & slow.

maybe I'm just looking for excuses.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:05 am

hairberto cataract wrote:This sums it up from Toffeeweb:

I really am trying hard to understand this rotation bollocks.. we're a handful of games in.. it's not fuckin January. It's like Martinez has read 'the big book of European football'... and is determined to be like the big boys.

Rotation is fuckin pointless if you get beat every game. Fuck sake man.. find your best XI, then rotate the clowns who play shite.. it's not rocket science.

and another punter asks if someone is going to be held to account for spending £28m on a forward who can't even trap a ball.  Okay, I know it was a "statement of intent" to splash out big, but did any of us think Luka was worth £28m in the second half of last season? In all honesty, is he any better a striker than Jelavic?

You've staired-up a hornets nest now Hairy ,I told my lad and his cousin a few months back, that I didn't think we should pay that kind of money for Lukaku,
I personally think Jelavic is a better player ,he tracks back when he loses the ball, Lukaku like Barry are not fighting for contracts now, so, they don't play like they did last season,just feel we are lacking in pace and passion.

Just my opinion.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:12 am

sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:This sums it up from Toffeeweb:

and another punter asks if someone is going to be held to account for spending £28m on a forward who can't even trap a ball.  Okay, I know it was a "statement of intent" to splash out big, but did any of us think Luka was worth £28m in the second half of last season? In all honesty, is he any better a striker than Jelavic?

You've staired-up a hornets nest now Hairy ,I told my lad and his cousin a few months back, that I didn't think we should pay that kind of money for Lukaku,
I personally think Jelavic is a better player ,he tracks back when he loses the ball, Lukaku like Barry are not fighting for contracts now, so, they don't play like they did last season,just feel we are lacking in pace and passion.

Just my opinion.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next