Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku)

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku)

Post  The President on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 3:39 pm

Super wrote:First time ever that I hope we lose the game. Anything to help the shite to not win the league.

We've got to be bigger than this

As much as I would prefer them not to win the league I want us to Win EVERY game more
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku)

Post  WellOilBeefHooked on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 9:18 pm

We'll have a better idea before kick off as Spurs is the early kick off and ManUre kick off at 3 so we might be able to lose and still finish 5th or 6th
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1191
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:57 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:We'll have a better idea before kick off as Spurs is the early kick off and ManUre kick off at 3 so we might be able to lose and still finish 5th or 6th
Do PL teams still get £500,000 for every place up the table they get?
£1M for 5th instead of 7th.
Got to get there boys.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6348
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 1:39 am

The President wrote:
Super wrote:First time ever that I hope we lose the game. Anything to help the shite to not win the league.

We've got to be bigger than this

As much as I would prefer them not to win the league I want us to Win EVERY game more

I hear ya, I'm coming from New York for this, I don't want to see Everton roll over, we're bigger than that
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
 Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 Action-s Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 Action-s Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 Action-s
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:49 pm

"Roberto Martinez is optimistic Phil Jagielka will be fit to face Manchester City at Goodison Park on Saturday but rated Sylvain Distin at "50/50" for the final home game of the season."

So Alcatraz did not impress methinks.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

Fuck me I hope we get snotted.

Just been talking to another blue in work and he is the same. Its easy to say you want Everton to win when you live abroad but I have to work / play / breathe the same air as the horrible, deluded biffs.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

Albert wrote:Fuck me I hope we get snotted.

Just been talking to another blue in work and he is the same. Its easy to say you want Everton to win when you live abroad but I have to work / play / breathe the same air as the horrible, deluded biffs.
the thing is, we can "say" we want the blues to win, so if we do, we are made up, and if we actually get beat, we don't look bitter, like we wanted to get beat - just makes it all the more pleasurable to say "well, we tried to help you but you fucked it up on your own"  Very Happy 

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

Hit the nail on the head. It's difficult to 'get it' if you are not from Liverpool. Apologies if anyone doesn't like me saying that.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:14 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:

the thing is, we can "say" we want the blues to win, so if we do, we are made up, and if we actually get beat, we don't look bitter, like we wanted to get beat - just makes it all the more pleasurable to say "well, we tried to help you but you fucked it up on your own"  Very Happy 

It could make for an odd atmosphere, if City were to take the lead or win the game and see the Everton fans almost celebrating?

If Jags isn't fit i'd prefer Hibbert with Stones at CB  affraid affraid affraid  vs Aguero
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:19 pm

tadpole wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

It could make for an odd atmosphere, if City were to take the lead or win the game and see the Everton fans almost celebrating?

If Jags isn't fit i'd prefer Hibbert with Stones at CB  affraid affraid affraid  vs Aguero

Should it happen, I don't imagine we'll ever again see such apathy towards conceding a goal as we will on Saturday.

Number of posts : 13152
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:27 pm

I've been thinking hard on this... and much as I always want us to win ... I've decided I want them not to win the league more... which I know is sad, but there you go..

I hope we send out the youth team to send a clear message to the shite that they can right royally go fuck themselves...

I fucking hate them... and I fucking DESPISE Suarez....
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:32 pm

I was wondering if it would be different for those that live in Liverpool and I understand where you are coming from.

But even though I work with a number of L'Pool supporters and have 2 sons who support them  Embarassed Embarassed and that I know they would be very very difficult to live with if they won the league I still can not hope we lose.

I want us to win both our final games -
They will slip up at Palace so hopefully it wont matter.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

I can't see this current batch of players deliberatly losing.

Wouldn't we look silly if we lost to city deliberatly and then city go and lose their last game!! Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 F_doh
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:22 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote: I can't see this current batch of players deliberatly losing.

Wouldn't we look silly if we lost to city deliberatly and then city go and lose their last game!! Everton 2 Champions Elect 3 (Barkley, Lukaku) - Page 2 F_doh

I don't think anyone has asked that the players deliberately lose, just whether or not the fans would want us to lose or not care if we lose.

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:30 pm

What worries me most is that if we deliberately lost the game and then lost our last game we could lose out on Europe altogether just to spite them and that seems self destructive to me. How about a draw? Still keeps things interesting for them but ensures we get Europe (I think!).
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:48 pm

Helenqu wrote:What worries me most is that if we deliberately lost the game and then lost our last game we could lose out on Europe altogether just to spite them and that seems self destructive to me. How about a draw? Still keeps things interesting for them but ensures we get Europe (I think!).

For us to fail to qualify for Europe, we would have to pick up no points in our last two games and Man U pick up nine in their last three which includes a tricky away tie to Southampton on the final day. Our last game is against Hull, who will have their thoughts focused on the cup final the following week - we'll need a point from that game and the Man City game to be assured Europe.

I'm confident we'll get something from a distracted Hull side even if we don't get anything from Man City.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 12:10 pm

From the efc website:

As the campaign draws to an exciting close, supporters can embrace the Proud To Be Blue theme surrounding the penultimate game.

A huge crowd flag has been produced and will travel from the Upper Gwladys and across the Upper Bullens moments before kick-off to salute the manager at the end of his first campaign in charge.

Supporters are invited to bring their own flags to the game to be displayed in the stadium. If you would like to do so, please drop your flag at Park End reception before 1pm on Friday. Please note, flags must be no larger than 1.5m wide by a 1m drop.

WE DON'T DO FLAGS!! (eerrrr do we?)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 1:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:From the efc website:

As the campaign draws to an exciting close, supporters can embrace the Proud To Be Blue theme surrounding the penultimate game.

A huge crowd flag has been produced and will travel from the Upper Gwladys and across the Upper Bullens moments before kick-off to salute the manager at the end of his first campaign in charge.

Supporters are invited to bring their own flags to the game to be displayed in the stadium. If you would like to do so, please drop your flag at Park End reception before 1pm on Friday. Please note, flags must be no larger than 1.5m wide by a 1m drop.

WE DON'T DO FLAGS!!   (eerrrr do we?)

they tried that years ago with peter johnson

i remember he was quoted in the echo saying something like "flags always look great at anfield so lets try and have something similar at everton"

no-one brought a flag
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm

Been thinking about this and what I've been thinking all along is becoming even more my predominant thought.

If we beat City, it's a short term 'hooray' for that and it will be forgotten about by all and sundry, and especially by the Kopites, within a month if not a week. Next week will be unbearable if Liverpool beat Palace on Monday night and we've taken anything off Man City. All week we'll be waiting for Alan fucking Pardew to deliver some kind of miracle - well we know what the outcome of that will be!

If Liverpool go on to win the title then it's in our face forever and ever and ever. They'll be polishing their fucking '2014 Champions' twat-badges and embroidering new '19 times' flags for the next 30 years and the whole world will have to listen because some Gobshite has something to say and because football expert Jamie Redknapp will bring it up on Sky Sports at every available opportunity while describing them as 'we' so he can try to claim some kind of affiliation with a team that has won the league. Urgh!

I'm in agreement with Albert. In the long term, losing to City doesn't matter and is completely bearable. We can get at least a point against Hull away to qualify for Europa. I won't be cheering on City, but I certainly won't be disappointed if we concede.

0-5 Alcaraz og x5

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 5:34 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616171/Leon-Osman-promises-Liverpool-Mersey-rivals-Everton-beat-Reds-title-rivals-Man-City.html
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36892
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 6:59 pm

Super wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616171/Leon-Osman-promises-Liverpool-Mersey-rivals-Everton-beat-Reds-title-rivals-Man-City.html
That's what he has to say, but I'd like to pick his brains to know what he actually thinks!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68513

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616171/Leon-Osman-promises-Liverpool-Mersey-rivals-Everton-beat-Reds-title-rivals-Man-City.html
That's what he has to say, but I'd like to pick his brains to know what he actually thinks!

Cue a hattrick of own goals  Very Happy 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19738
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 7:48 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Been thinking about this and what I've been thinking all along is becoming even more my predominant thought.

If we beat City, it's a short term 'hooray' for that and it will be forgotten about by all and sundry, and especially by the Kopites, within a month if not a week. Next week will be unbearable if Liverpool beat Palace on Monday night and we've taken anything off Man City. All week we'll be waiting for Alan fucking Pardew to deliver some kind of miracle - well we know what the outcome of that will be!

If Liverpool go on to win the title then it's in our face forever and ever and ever. They'll be polishing their fucking '2014 Champions' twat-badges and embroidering new '19 times' flags for the next 30 years and the whole world will have to listen because some Gobshite has something to say and because football expert Jamie Redknapp will bring it up on Sky Sports at every available opportunity while describing them as 'we' so he can try to claim some kind of affiliation with a team that has won the league. Urgh!

I'm in agreement with Albert. In the long term, losing to City doesn't matter and is completely bearable. We can get at least a point against Hull away to qualify for Europa. I won't be cheering on City, but I certainly won't be disappointed if we concede.

0-5 Alcaraz og x5

Very well put, BHE, that's exactly right.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 01 May 2014, 3:15 am

hairberto cataract wrote:

0-5 Alcaraz og x5

Hard to argue with that indeed, and I live 7 time zones away so I can't even imagine what Merseyside will be like if the Shite were to win the league.  Evil or Very Mad 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68513

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 01 May 2014, 7:40 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:

0-5 Alcaraz og x5

Hard to argue with that indeed, and I live 7 time zones away so I can't even imagine what Merseyside will be like if the Shite were to win the league.  Evil or Very Mad 

It will be nothing compared to downtown Oslo.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19738
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next