Southampton 2 Everton 0

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Southampton 2 Everton 0 Empty Southampton 2 Everton 0

Post  Super on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 7:26 pm

The march for 4th place is still on.  A trip to St Marys is next in line for the mighty Blues and all of a sudden there is some hope again.  Arsenal have a potential tricky game at home to Newcastle, plus as the Southampton game is the Saturday lunchtime game, we can put some extra pressure on Arsenal.

Southampton away is going to be tricky, but can only see an away victory......... Southampton 1 Everton 2
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36892
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Southampton 2 Everton 0 Empty Re: Southampton 2 Everton 0

Post  Armchair on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 7:34 pm

Hmmm, Southampton are pretty good. I'm going for 1-1, while Arsenal will spank Toon 5-0.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19738
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 2:43 pm

2-2. Marcus Bent to equalise in the last minute for us.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 3:24 pm

Didn't see the Man Ure game cos I was out in the middle of nowhere with no telly, but watching the highlights only reinforces what I was saying about our defeat by Palace.  ManUre could have scored two right at the end, so sometimes, no matter how good you are, if the opposition take almost all of their chances like Palace did, you can lose or draw despite dominating.

So, if we take our chances we'll win at Soton. If they take their chances, they'll win.

0-0, hat trick for Le Tissier.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:20 pm

Southampton are in that end-of-season state of mind now, even though they will all say otherwise.
Several of their players are now thinking of the WC or a round of golf, as the only thing left for them this season. The Blueboys will be still thinking of CL footy, so I take us to win handsomely which I may not have done a couple of months ago.
Foofoo time, at some point in the game, will prove the decider....maybe.
COYBs.
Celebratory Guinness in the Cobden!!!
 cheers 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6348
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:10 am

Their last 3 games have been Draw Loss Loss

We should beat these (as we should have done palace)

0-3  cheers  cheers  cheers 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

The President wrote:Their last 3 games have been Draw Loss Loss

We should beat these (as we should have done palace)

0-3  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Agreed Prez, going for a 0-2 win

IMWT.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

Everton to win 3-0 Kone wont even be on the bench

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:13 am

Sylvain Distin has been ruled out of Everton’s Premier League match against Southampton this Saturday.Distin was substituted at half-time in last weekend’s 2-0 victory over Manchester United with a hamstring complaint and has not recovered in time for the trip to St Mary’s.Roberto Martinez revealed that he expects the full extent of the Frenchman’s injury to be determined in the coming days.Distin’s absence is another blow for the Blues boss, who this week discovered that Kevin Mirallas will miss the final three fixtures of the campaign with a groin tear.Speaking at his Thursday morning press conference, Martinez said: “Sylvain Distin had to come off against Manchester United on Sunday and he won’t be fit for this weekend.“It’s a little bit too early to know how long he is going to be out. It’s a soft tissue injury with his hamstring and I do feel that in the next 48 hours we will have a clearer idea of whether he is going to be available before the season ends.“Kevin Mirallas also came off and we thought at the time it was just a bit of cramping of the muscles, but he has got a little bit of a tear in his groin and the season is over for him. It will be between three and four weeks, so that’s Kevin out for the season.“Apart from that, everyone who was available for the squad against Manchester United will be available for Southampton.”
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36892
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:33 am

Super wrote:Sylvain Distin has been ruled out of Everton’s Premier League match against Southampton this Saturday.Distin was substituted at half-time in last weekend’s 2-0 victory over Manchester United with a hamstring complaint and has not recovered in time for the trip to St Mary’s.Roberto Martinez revealed that he expects the full extent of the Frenchman’s injury to be determined in the coming days.Distin’s absence is another blow for the Blues boss, who this week discovered that Kevin Mirallas will miss the final three fixtures of the campaign with a groin tear.Speaking at his Thursday morning press conference, Martinez said: “Sylvain Distin had to come off against Manchester United on Sunday and he won’t be fit for this weekend.“It’s a little bit too early to know how long he is going to be out. It’s a soft tissue injury with his hamstring and I do feel that in the next 48 hours we will have a clearer idea of whether he is going to be available before the season ends.“Kevin Mirallas also came off and we thought at the time it was just a bit of cramping of the muscles, but he has got a little bit of a tear in his groin and the season is over for him. It will be between three and four weeks, so that’s Kevin out for the season.“Apart from that, everyone who was available for the squad against Manchester United will be available for Southampton.”
which presumably means jags is still unavailable... meaning stones and alcopop in the cb roles with no cover on the bench
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:Sylvain Distin has been ruled out of Everton’s Premier League match against Southampton this Saturday.Distin was substituted at half-time in last weekend’s 2-0 victory over Manchester United with a hamstring complaint and has not recovered in time for the trip to St Mary’s.Roberto Martinez revealed that he expects the full extent of the Frenchman’s injury to be determined in the coming days.Distin’s absence is another blow for the Blues boss, who this week discovered that Kevin Mirallas will miss the final three fixtures of the campaign with a groin tear.Speaking at his Thursday morning press conference, Martinez said: “Sylvain Distin had to come off against Manchester United on Sunday and he won’t be fit for this weekend.“It’s a little bit too early to know how long he is going to be out. It’s a soft tissue injury with his hamstring and I do feel that in the next 48 hours we will have a clearer idea of whether he is going to be available before the season ends.“Kevin Mirallas also came off and we thought at the time it was just a bit of cramping of the muscles, but he has got a little bit of a tear in his groin and the season is over for him. It will be between three and four weeks, so that’s Kevin out for the season.“Apart from that, everyone who was available for the squad against Manchester United will be available for Southampton.”
which presumably means jags is still unavailable... meaning stones and alcopop in the cb roles with no cover on the bench

Cometh the hour ? cometh the man Hibbo will help out if needed.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:20 pm

sefton wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

Cometh the hour ? cometh the man Hibbo will help out if needed.
shades of Europe cheers 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 8:52 am

Lawro's prediction
Everton had a very good result against Manchester United last weekend - and we know what the fall-out from that was for David Moyes - but, if they are going to finish in the top four, then the Toffees need to win all their remaining games and I cannot see it happening.
Even if they do, Arsenal have to be favourites for the final Champions League place because of their easier run-in. I can see the Gunners beating Newcastle on Monday and then winning both their remaining games.
Southampton have been cruising a little bit of late - they drew at Aston Villa last time out in what was a bit of a non-event and lost to Cardiff in their last home game - but I see them putting on a performance this weekend.
Saints defender Luke Shaw's future is being talked about a lot, and he has been heavily linked with United in the last few weeks.
Moyes may well have been working on that deal before he was sacked but I don't think his exit will have changed much; United will still want Shaw because he could be their left-back for the next 10 years.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Zac's prediction: 1-2

SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:40 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Lawro's prediction
Everton had a very good result against Manchester United last weekend - and we know what the fall-out from that was for David Moyes - but, if they are going to finish in the top four, then the Toffees need to win all their remaining games and I cannot see it happening.
Even if they do, Arsenal have to be favourites for the final Champions League place because of their easier run-in. I can see the Gunners beating Newcastle on Monday and then winning both their remaining games.
Southampton have been cruising a little bit of late - they drew at Aston Villa last time out in what was a bit of a non-event and lost to Cardiff in their last home game - but I see them putting on a performance this weekend.
Saints defender Luke Shaw's future is being talked about a lot, and he has been heavily linked with United in the last few weeks.
Moyes may well have been working on that deal before he was sacked but I don't think his exit will have changed much; United will still want Shaw because he could be their left-back for the next 10 years.

Mystic Lawro don't want us in Europe ? hence the shit write up and prediction .
red shytes are gob shytes..0-2 the mighty blues IMWT
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:44 am

Ran the usual gauntlet of Arsenal fans in the gym this morning. They really don't believe that we stand a chance of usurping them in the CL. A year ago neither would I have but I am beginning to believe that we can do it. COYB.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:56 am

Helenqu wrote:Ran the usual gauntlet of Arsenal fans in the gym this morning. They really don't believe that we stand a chance of usurping them in the CL. A year ago neither would I have but I am beginning to believe that we can do it. COYB.

That's all we need Helenqu , A little belief. cheers 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:02 am

sefton wrote:
Helenqu wrote:Ran the usual gauntlet of Arsenal fans in the gym this morning. They really don't believe that we stand a chance of usurping them in the CL. A year ago neither would I have but I am beginning to believe that we can do it. COYB.

That's all we need Helenqu , A little belief. cheers 

At least we play before them so chance to put some pressure on them.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:06 am

sefton wrote:

Mystic Lawro  don't want us in Europe ? hence the shit write up and prediction .
red shytes are gob shytes..0-2 the mighty blues IMWT

His red tinted specs are showing.  Very Happy 
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 1:26 pm

So he has

Liverpool to win
Chelsea to lose
City to draw
Arsenal to win
Everton to lose

All his favourite results. If he could arrange for City to be deducted 2 points for breach of FFP the RS would have the league won on Sunday.

Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:32 am

On paper arsenals run in is easier but that doesn't stand for much, even more so this season, with some of their oppo fighting for survival and their players minds on FA Cup

Southampton are a bit Jekyll and Hyde but are relatively tight at the back, could take a sole strike to settle it, hoping FooFoo brings his A game an wins it for us against Shaw. We're a top 4 team when McCarthy and Barry are together

1-0 Naismith
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

tadpole wrote:On paper arsenals run in is easier but that doesn't stand for much, even more so this season, with some of their oppo fighting for survival and their players minds on FA Cup

Southampton are a bit Jekyll and Hyde but are relatively tight at the back, could take a sole strike to settle it, hoping FooFoo brings his A game an wins it for us against Shaw. We're a top 4 team when McCarthy and Barry are together

1-0 Naismith
The McGeady/Foofoo v Shaw might be interesting
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6348
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm

Apparently we have someone called Ledson on the bench. Never heard of him before!

Southampton starting XI: Boruc, Clyne, Lovren, Fonte, Shaw, Davis, Wanyama, Cork, Lallana, Gallagher, Lambert

Subs: Gazzaniga, Ward-Prowse, do Prado, Chamber, Hooiveld, Targeet, Reed

Everton starting XI: Howard, Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Naismith, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Osman, Garbutt, Browning, Ledson
Helenqu
Helenqu

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm

Just seen he's an under 18!!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:10 pm

Helenqu wrote:Apparently we have someone called Ledson on the bench. Never heard of him before!

Southampton starting XI: Boruc, Clyne, Lovren, Fonte, Shaw, Davis, Wanyama, Cork, La:llana, Gallagher, Lambert

Subs: Gazzaniga, Ward-Prowse, do Prado, Chamber, Hooiveld, Targeet, Reed

Everton starting XI: Howard, Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Naismith, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Osman, Garbutt, Browning, Ledson
I'm pleased with that line up

COYB
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:29 pm

Just time for an early lunch, followed by a packet of Munchies and a cup of coffee at half time I think.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next