606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3 (Naismith, Mirallas)

+17
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
SouthernSmugToffee
Armchair
tadpole
The President
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
RhinoJagz
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Blue gazza
Super
Merseyblue
Albert
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
21 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 15 Empty Re: Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:57 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Unfortunately Arse have got four very winnable games to finish the season. Can't see us getting fourth now to be honest, but kudos to Bobby - even tonight his substitutions nearly turned it round.  My big worry is that finishing outside the top 4 will see the money clubs raiding us for our best players.

Not arsed if Luka goes elsewhere though, I reckon Martinez could find a lot better than him for half the price.

What a season its been.
Every time luka got the ball it bounced off him and went to them! Yes he scores goals but fuck off £20 mill plus

I've been it two minds about him all season but, after tonight, I don't want him back next season even if its on loan again.  I'm positive we can do better.  He was utter shite tonight, no excuse for how little he affected the game.  

Im happy foo foo got taken of at halftime too he was utter shite! maybe i will wake up tomorrow and it will all be forgotten.......................................na!!!!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 15 Empty Re: Everton 2 Crystal Palace 3 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Unfortunately Arse have got four very winnable games to finish the season. Can't see us getting fourth now to be honest, but kudos to Bobby - even tonight his substitutions nearly turned it round.  My big worry is that finishing outside the top 4 will see the money clubs raiding us for our best players.

Not arsed if Luka goes elsewhere though, I reckon Martinez could find a lot better than him for half the price.

What a season its been.
Every time luka got the ball it bounced off him and went to them! Yes he scores goals but fuck off £20 mill plus

I've been it two minds about him all season but, after tonight, I don't want him back next season even if its on loan again.  I'm positive we can do better.  He was utter shite tonight, no excuse for how little he affected the game.  

Im happy foo foo got taken of at halftime too he was utter shite! maybe i will wake up tomorrow and it will all be forgotten.......................................na!!!!
all that bollocks about loan players from wenger ... Foo & Lukaku were total shite today....

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:07 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

What a season its been.

all that bollocks about loan players from wenger ... Foo & Lukaku were total shite today....
Why the fuck did he brake up a winning team? We have looked good at the back with Mac and Barry! What was he thinking? Naismith didn't start and again scored for us, and why the fuck did he take McGeady off? He was one of our best players?!?!? IMO
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 16 Apr 2014, 11:35 pm

What a season its been.

Why the fuck did he brake up a winning team? We have looked good at the back with Mac and Barry! What was he thinking? Naismith didn't start and again scored for us, and why the fuck did he take McGeady off? He was one of our best players?!?!? IMO

McCarthy had a slight muscle injury after the sunderland game so Bobby tried resting him. I'm done with Foo, he's a greedy, soft-arse, show pony. Looks good on the highlight reel against shite teams but you can't back him to turn it on week in-week out in the PL, you can't even get him to turn it on for one game. Would still take Lukaku here next season, though. He'll only get better, unless he plays for moyes.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:10 am

Tonteau wrote:

What a season its been.

McCarthy had a slight muscle injury after the sunderland game so Bobby tried resting him. I'm done with Foo, he's a greedy, soft-arse, show pony. Looks good on the highlight reel against shite teams but you can't back him to turn it on week in-week out in the PL, you can't even get him to turn it on for one game. Would still take Lukaku here next season, though. He'll only get better, unless he plays for moyes.

I had a few complaints immediately after the game but I'm not going to bother now. The positives have far outweighed the negatives all season. We have some huge games still to enjoy. If we focus on them who knows where we'll be come the last week of the season.

Oh, just one complaint! Can we get Suarez to give Mirrallas some coaching on how to dive properly? It was fucking embarrassing at times in that first half.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:27 am

After a year of RM, I'm hugely pleased, but what the hell was that line up?
4-2-4 finished with Revie's Leeds.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 17 Apr 2014, 8:44 am

Woke up thinking it was a nightmare .... it was

Still struggling to believe it happened like it did.
Palace are a strong unit now but we should have had enough to beat them.

Still been a great season so far... just don't want it to fade away at the end

IMWT
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 17 Apr 2014, 8:57 am

Gutted fucking gutted . we go on a run 7 games batter the gunners 3-0 then produce a performance of shite,
25 million for Lukaku Mourinho knows he's shite , usually when players go out on loan they do well to earn permanent deal ?
Lukaku is not consistant enough player for us to gamble so much money.

Europa cup it is, so it seems?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:35 am

Our lack of squad size and depth was always going to catch up with us, at some point, we don't have any cover for Barry or McCarthy and thats what ultimately cost us.

McCarthy's role and energy lets Coleman and Baines do what they do best, he covers in those holes that (the impressive) Bolasi and Puncheon utilised last night, it left Stones or Barry out of position and we totally lost our shape. Equally we didn't have Naismiths energy, just Foofoo & lukaku's lacklustre perfromance

Knowing we're missing Barry vs City needs to be something RM addresses, if we can get Jags back, could Stones fill that void? At times i thought he was Barkley last night, with his attacking and range of passing, class lad
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:39 am

Aye, Stones was great last night. I can't see Jags getting back into the team.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:44 am

sefton wrote:Gutted fucking gutted . we go on a run 7 games batter the gunners 3-0 then produce a performance of shite,
25 million for Lukaku  Mourinho knows he's shite , usually when players go out on loan they do well to earn permanent deal ?
Lukaku is not consistant enough player for us to gamble so much money.

Europa cup it is, so it seems?

We probably are not ready for the leap to champions league anyway.  Neutral 
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

tadpole wrote:Our lack of squad size and depth was always going to catch up with us, at some point, we don't have any cover for Barry or McCarthy and thats what ultimately cost us.

McCarthy's role and energy lets Coleman and Baines do what they do best, he covers in those holes that (the impressive) Bolasi and Puncheon utilised last night, it left Stones or Barry out of position and we totally lost our shape. Equally we didn't have Naismiths energy, just Foofoo & lukaku's lacklustre perfromance

Knowing we're missing Barry vs City needs to be something RM addresses, if we can get Jags back, could Stones fill that void? At times i thought he was Barkley last night, with his attacking and range of passing, class lad

Darren Gibson will be fit.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:52 am

feeling a bit better about last night, we've known we are frail, and there has been a few games this season where we've had a crap first or second half, and it just needs an organised team to pick us off and palace exposed that cruelly last night.

Its RM's first season, lets hope its not first season syndrome (and we do a wigan next season), but the start of a new era, a new school of science. Brenda had a horrific first season with the shyte and finished way lower than we will in Bobby's first season, so lets hope that the Martinez can continue to build on what he has built so far and we actually buy a few decent players in the Summer (preferably with NO wigan connection).
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:feeling a bit better about last night, we've known we are frail, and there has been a few games this season where we've had a crap first or second half, and it just needs an organised team to pick us off and palace exposed that cruelly last night.

Its RM's first season, lets hope its not first season syndrome (and we do a wigan next season), but the start of a new era, a new school of science.  Brenda had a horrific first season with the shyte and finished way lower than we will in Bobby's first season, so lets hope that the Martinez can continue to build on what he has built so far and we actually buy a few decent players in the Summer (preferably with NO wigan connection).

lol! fucking hell Sacko you really can't enjoy the moment can you! Martinez's first season has been nothing short of astonishing, and to compare his first season with Brenda's is madness - the Shite were terrible last year and massively underachieved, we've been fantastic this year and done the opposite. As for buying players, it's been a mixed bag, but without doubt our best new player - if not best player full stop - this season has been Wigan's McCarthy. If he signs more like him, I'll be delighted. Meanwhile, Nais has been like a new signing, our loans have been inspired, and the dodgy signings have all been dodgy because of injury. We never really found out if Kone could fit into the side, or Alcatraz. McGeady, to my eyes, has looked better with each game and definitely has something offer.

Every manager signs some duds, but not many get it right as much as Martinez seems to have this season with his bought and loaned acquisitions and the players he's improved like Nais.

Last night was one of those nights - a poor first half, but a fantastic second half performance that in most cases would have got as at least one point. As Bobby said, and I said during the game "They scored three goals from four shots on target. The breaks went Palace's way and we congratulate them. They were clinical."

We might not finish fourth now, which is hugely disappointing, but our big challenge is to keep this side together, and to keep hold of our manager. The latter might prove increasingly difficult to do.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 17 Apr 2014, 11:35 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:feeling a bit better about last night, we've known we are frail, and there has been a few games this season where we've had a crap first or second half, and it just needs an organised team to pick us off and palace exposed that cruelly last night.

Its RM's first season, lets hope its not first season syndrome (and we do a wigan next season), but the start of a new era, a new school of science.  Brenda had a horrific first season with the shyte and finished way lower than we will in Bobby's first season, so lets hope that the Martinez can continue to build on what he has built so far and we actually buy a few decent players in the Summer (preferably with NO wigan connection).

lol! fucking hell Sacko you really can't enjoy the moment can you!  Martinez's first season has been nothing short of astonishing, and to compare his first season with Brenda's is madness - the Shite were terrible last year and massively underachieved, we've been fantastic this year and done the opposite.  As for buying players, it's been a mixed bag, but without doubt our best new player - if not best player full stop - this season has been Wigan's McCarthy.  If he signs more like him, I'll be delighted.  Meanwhile, Nais has been like a new signing, our loans have been inspired, and the dodgy signings have all been dodgy because of injury.  We never really found out if Kone could fit into the side, or Alcatraz.  McGeady, to my eyes, has looked better with each game and definitely has something offer.

Every manager signs some duds, but not many get it right as much as Martinez seems to have this season with his bought and loaned acquisitions and the players he's improved like Nais.

Last night was one of those nights - a poor first half, but a fantastic second half performance that in most cases would have got as at least one point.  As Bobby said, and I said during the game "They scored three goals from four shots on target. The breaks went Palace's way and we congratulate them. They were clinical."  

We might not finish fourth now, which is hugely disappointing, but our big challenge is to keep this side together, and to keep hold of our manager.  The latter might prove increasingly difficult to do.

Agreed Hairy one. Kone, hadn't settled before he got lengthy injury-same could be said of Alcaraz. Hopefully Bryan Oviedo will be fit,
with Barry possibly leaving Darren Gibson will be like a new addition ,Delaflou to stay another season we just need a decent strike force, Lukaku sent back with thanks but NO thanks.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:08 pm

I was so disappointed last night & my comments in the thread largely showed that ... however it is forgivable in my book as they did nearly rescue it... and Martinez really have been terrific this season.

Follow this up by beating Manure & we still have a chance of 4th ...

COYB

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 17 Apr 2014, 3:02 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:I was so disappointed last night & my comments in the thread largely showed that ... however it is forgivable in my book as they did nearly rescue it... and Martinez really have been terrific this season.

COYB
Starting line up was some kind of aberration. Didn't get it last night, still don't get it today.
Finished with what he should have started with.
He clearly out-thought himself.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 17 Apr 2014, 3:06 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:I was so disappointed last night & my comments in the thread largely showed that ... however it is forgivable in my book as they did nearly rescue it... and Martinez really have been terrific this season.

COYB
Starting line up was some kind of aberration.  Didn't get it last night, still don't get it today.
Finished with what he should have started with.
He clearly out-thought himself.
I tend to agree ... not much point resting players with only a few games  left .. send the fuckers on holiday really knackered would be my management stance Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 17 Apr 2014, 7:00 pm

So gutted last night I didn't read a single sentence about the game, nor did I watch the goals. Not even our goals.  Sad 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15