Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Super on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 7:20 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36926
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Armchair on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 7:46 am

Super wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report

A bit OTT I think.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19776
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  SEFTON on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:14 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report

A bit OTT I think.

No mate, Probably written by an Evertonian journo? lol! 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9848
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:37 am

The reaction is probably a little over the top, and Newcastle are a good team for us to play cos they keep it open and stretched, but that was a stand-out performance last night. Foo, Barks, Ossie and Lukaku were all firing - though I'd still like to see Luka in a central position more rather than drifting out to the wing - and, combined with some terrific finishing, and some very hard work from Barry and McCarthy, we looked very good. That was much more like our style pre-Christmas. I just hope we don't get mugged at Fulham because, on this form, we really could make a push for top 4, which would be astonishing.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  SEFTON on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:44 am

hairberto cataract wrote:The reaction is probably a little over the top, and Newcastle are a good team for us to play cos they keep it open and stretched, but that was a stand-out performance last night.  Foo, Barks, Ossie and Lukaku were all firing - though I'd still like to see Luka in a central position more rather than drifting out to the wing - and, combined with some terrific finishing, and some very hard work from Barry and McCarthy, we looked very good.  That was much more like our style pre-Christmas.  I just hope we don't get mugged at Fulham because, on this form, we really could make a push for top 4, which would be astonishing.




Might make a few people start to believe we have a shot at finishing 4th,Although we can't afford to get to complacent as the Spuds are going to push us all the way.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9848
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:47 am

sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:The reaction is probably a little over the top, and Newcastle are a good team for us to play cos they keep it open and stretched, but that was a stand-out performance last night.  Foo, Barks, Ossie and Lukaku were all firing - though I'd still like to see Luka in a central position more rather than drifting out to the wing - and, combined with some terrific finishing, and some very hard work from Barry and McCarthy, we looked very good.  That was much more like our style pre-Christmas.  I just hope we don't get mugged at Fulham because, on this form, we really could make a push for top 4, which would be astonishing.




Might make a few people start to believe we have a shot at finishing 4th,Although we can't afford to get to complacent as the Spuds are going to push us all the way.

Assuming we do beat Fulham on Sunday, it's Arsenal at home the week after, which has the potential to be season defining for us. Within a fortnight we'll know whether we're in with a chance of top four or not.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

Permit me to dream a little.....

The biggest shock of the season tonight, as the Shite fail to score and are held 0-0 by the Mackems. We go on a winning run, including beating Arsenal. The Shite find Chelsea and Citteh too much to handle at Analfield and lose both games 1-0. We go into the last game of the season level on points with the Shite. They slip up, Suarez is sent off in what turns out to be his final match for the Analfielders, and we overtake them to finish 3rd to their, very creditable, 4th.

Ah... to sleep, perchance to dream.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Permit me to dream a little.....

The biggest shock of the season tonight, as the Shite fail to score and are held 0-0 by the Mackems. We go on a winning run, including beating Arsenal.  The Shite find Chelsea and Citteh too much to handle at Analfield and lose both games 1-0.  We go into the last game of the season level on points with the Shite.  They slip up, Suarez is sent off in what turns out to be his final match for the Analfielders, and we overtake them to finish 3rd to their, very creditable, 4th.

Ah... to sleep, perchance to dream.
what a shit dream!!!!  Mad  if you are going to dream do it properly and have us in 3rd place and Arsenal finishing 4th instead of the Shyte!  Very Happy cheers Sleep 

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:11 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report

A bit OTT I think.
massively OTT, not being funny, but scoring against Newcastle is not the same as scoring against Brazil, Argentina or even Scotland... ok, its probably the same as scoring against Scotland.

Great goal, and he took it brilliantly with fast pace, quick feet and I'm sure he sold Krul a dummy just before he really hit it, but a decent defence or a decent midfield would have had that ball off him way before then.

If he does it 20 more times before the end of the season, especially against the Arse and City, then I'll be impressed  Very Happy 

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Statman on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:34 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Permit me to dream a little.....

The biggest shock of the season tonight, as the Shite fail to score and are held 0-0 by the Mackems. We go on a winning run, including beating Arsenal.  The Shite find Chelsea and Citteh too much to handle at Analfield and lose both games 1-0.  We go into the last game of the season level on points with the Shite.  They slip up, Suarez is sent off in what turns out to be his final match for the Analfielders, and we overtake them to finish 3rd to their, very creditable, 4th.

Ah... to sleep, perchance to dream.
what a shit dream!!!!  Mad   if you are going to dream do it properly and have us in 3rd place and Arsenal finishing 4th instead of the Shyte!  Very Happy cheers Sleep 

If you're going to do it properly do it proper properly and have us finish 3rd, RS finish 4th and United win the Champions League.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:34 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Permit me to dream a little.....

The biggest shock of the season tonight, as the Shite fail to score and are held 0-0 by the Mackems. We go on a winning run, including beating Arsenal.  The Shite find Chelsea and Citteh too much to handle at Analfield and lose both games 1-0.  We go into the last game of the season level on points with the Shite.  They slip up, Suarez is sent off in what turns out to be his final match for the Analfielders, and we overtake them to finish 3rd to their, very creditable, 4th.

Ah... to sleep, perchance to dream.
what a shit dream!!!!  Mad   if you are going to dream do it properly and have us in 3rd place and Arsenal finishing 4th instead of the Shyte!  Very Happy cheers Sleep 

Hairy forgot to say that the dream concluded with Man U winning the Champions League thus meaning Liverpool's creditable 4th place finish was all in vain, with Man U taking the fourth Champions League spot.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Tonteau on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:49 am

Full match highlights on the OS 20mins of 5 mins. The through ball ossie plays first touch in the opening seconds of the 5 minute highlights is one of the best bits of footballing loveliness you're likely to see this season, just a shame Lukaku couldn't finish: http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/home/10115
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

Tonteau wrote:Full match highlights on the OS 20mins of 5 mins. The through ball ossie plays first touch in the opening seconds of the 5 minute highlights is one of the best bits of footballing loveliness you're likely to see this season, just a shame Lukaku couldn't finish: http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/home/10115

Ossie had some lovely touches last night. If he wasn't so lightweight, didn't drift out of games, and didn't hit 9 out of 10 shots with a kitten softness that would shame a two-year old, he would be one of the greatest players in the world.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:16 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report

A bit OTT I think.
massively OTT, not being funny, but scoring against Newcastle is not the same as scoring against Brazil, Argentina or even Scotland... ok, its probably the same as scoring against Scotland.

Great goal, and he took it brilliantly with fast pace, quick feet and I'm sure he sold Krul a dummy just before he really hit it, but a decent defence or a decent midfield would have had that ball off him way before then.

If he does it 20 more times before the end of the season, especially against the Arse and City, then I'll be impressed  Very Happy 

While this is true, and he did have a bit of luck with his run for the goal - a defender falling on his arse certainly helped - it was still an incredible goal. Not least because, as Bobby has pointed out, it's one thing to go on a 70 yard run like that, it's another to have the energy and strength to slam a shot into the back of the net at the end of it.

Talking of Bobby, Radio 5 Live were making a persuasive case for him replacing Wenger at Arse. If he gets us 4th or 5th place this season, and the same again plus a Cup Final next season, I can definitely see Arse making a move for him. In fact, if he carries on like this, which I hope he does, we'll be lucky to get two full seasons of him.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  SEFTON on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 12:14 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report

A bit OTT I think.
massively OTT, not being funny, but scoring against Newcastle is not the same as scoring against Brazil, Argentina or even Scotland... ok, its probably the same as scoring against Scotland.

Great goal, and he took it brilliantly with fast pace, quick feet and I'm sure he sold Krul a dummy just before he really hit it, but a decent defence or a decent midfield would have had that ball off him way before then.

If he does it 20 more times before the end of the season, especially against the Arse and City, then I'll be impressed  Very Happy 

While this is true, and he did have a bit of luck with his run for the goal - a defender falling on his arse certainly helped - it was still an incredible goal.  Not least because, as Bobby has pointed out, it's one thing to go on a 70 yard run like that, it's another to have the energy and strength to slam a shot into the back of the net at the end of it.

Talking of Bobby, Radio 5 Live were making a persuasive case for him replacing Wenger at Arse.  If he gets us 4th or 5th place this season, and the same again plus a Cup Final next season, I can definitely see Arse making a move for him.  In fact, if he carries on like this, which I hope he does, we'll be lucky to get two full seasons of him.

The defender falling on his Arse, was because Barkley turned Coccolini who was wrong footed , bit of genious footwork from Barkley I say.
Credit due?

Reports Yesterday were that Barcelona were head hunting Martinez at the end of the season ? We finish in a European position then lose are manager, WHAT NEXT ?
Moyes gets sacked and Kenwright goes calling?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9848
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Helenqu on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:27 pm

sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/25/newcastle-united-everton-premier-league-match-report

A bit OTT I think.
massively OTT, not being funny, but scoring against Newcastle is not the same as scoring against Brazil, Argentina or even Scotland... ok, its probably the same as scoring against Scotland.

Great goal, and he took it brilliantly with fast pace, quick feet and I'm sure he sold Krul a dummy just before he really hit it, but a decent defence or a decent midfield would have had that ball off him way before then.

If he does it 20 more times before the end of the season, especially against the Arse and City, then I'll be impressed  Very Happy 

While this is true, and he did have a bit of luck with his run for the goal - a defender falling on his arse certainly helped - it was still an incredible goal.  Not least because, as Bobby has pointed out, it's one thing to go on a 70 yard run like that, it's another to have the energy and strength to slam a shot into the back of the net at the end of it.

Talking of Bobby, Radio 5 Live were making a persuasive case for him replacing Wenger at Arse.  If he gets us 4th or 5th place this season, and the same again plus a Cup Final next season, I can definitely see Arse making a move for him.  In fact, if he carries on like this, which I hope he does, we'll be lucky to get two full seasons of him.

The defender falling on his Arse, was because Barkley turned Coccolini who was wrong footed , bit of genious footwork from Barkley I say.
Credit due?

Reports Yesterday were that Barcelona were head hunting Martinez at the end of the season ? We finish in a European position then lose are manager, WHAT NEXT ?
Moyes gets sacked and Kenwright goes calling?

We won't lose him if we get UEFA, we might do if we get CL as he will then have achieved what he set out to do and promised Bill he would do.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Age : 56
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:32 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Permit me to dream a little.....

The biggest shock of the season tonight, as the Shite fail to score and are held 0-0 by the Mackems. We go on a winning run, including beating Arsenal.  The Shite find Chelsea and Citteh too much to handle at Analfield and lose both games 1-0.  We go into the last game of the season level on points with the Shite.  They slip up, Suarez is sent off in what turns out to be his final match for the Analfielders, and we overtake them to finish 3rd to their, very creditable, 4th.

Ah... to sleep, perchance to dream.
what a shit dream!!!!  Mad   if you are going to dream do it properly and have us in 3rd place and Arsenal finishing 4th instead of the Shyte!  Very Happy cheers Sleep 

Hairy forgot to say that the dream concluded with Man U winning the Champions League thus meaning Liverpool's creditable 4th place finish was all in vain, with Man U taking the fourth Champions League spot.
why is Emma Bunton not involved in this dream Suspect 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:25 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Permit me to dream a little.....

The biggest shock of the season tonight, as the Shite fail to score and are held 0-0 by the Mackems. We go on a winning run, including beating Arsenal.  The Shite find Chelsea and Citteh too much to handle at Analfield and lose both games 1-0.  We go into the last game of the season level on points with the Shite.  They slip up, Suarez is sent off in what turns out to be his final match for the Analfielders, and we overtake them to finish 3rd to their, very creditable, 4th.

Ah... to sleep, perchance to dream.
what a shit dream!!!!  Mad   if you are going to dream do it properly and have us in 3rd place and Arsenal finishing 4th instead of the Shyte!  Very Happy cheers Sleep 

Hairy forgot to say that the dream concluded with Man U winning the Champions League thus meaning Liverpool's creditable 4th place finish was all in vain, with Man U taking the fourth Champions League spot.
why is Emma Bunton not involved in this dream Suspect 
 cheers 

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm

I watched the long highlights on the OS last night and as the players were leaving the pitch at HT, Lukaku and Barkley were having a rather heated conversation. Lukaku put his arm around Barks, but he wanted none of it. Does anyone know what this was about?


Last edited by Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:39 pm

Ha ha ha - what a load of old shit. Bitter Geordie 'journo'.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/why-everton-are-out-of-order-for-signing-so-many-loan-players-4679258/

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:49 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Ha ha ha - what a load of old shit. Bitter Geordie 'journo'.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/why-everton-are-out-of-order-for-signing-so-many-loan-players-4679258/

The complaint seems to be less "Everton have lots of loan players", but more "Everton have better loan players than us"

Laughable article!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2401
Age : 38
Location : Wiltshire
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:50 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Ha ha ha - what a load of old shit. Bitter Geordie 'journo'.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/why-everton-are-out-of-order-for-signing-so-many-loan-players-4679258/

The complaint seems to be less "Everton have lots of loan players", but more "Everton have better loan players than us"

While conveniently ignoring "we would almost certainly have been relegated this season if it wasn't for Loic Remy... who is here on loan".

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 1:07 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Ha ha ha - what a load of old shit. Bitter Geordie 'journo'.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/why-everton-are-out-of-order-for-signing-so-many-loan-players-4679258/
Very bitter indeed. Shouldn't he instead be praising Everton and saying something along the lines of "I wish Newcastle were as good in the transfer loan market as Everton were this past season".

And heaven forbid any club took advantage of the regulations despite their poor financial muscle.

What a muppet.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 1:10 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Ha ha ha - what a load of old shit. Bitter Geordie 'journo'.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/why-everton-are-out-of-order-for-signing-so-many-loan-players-4679258/

The complaint seems to be less "Everton have lots of loan players", but more "Everton have better loan players than us"

While conveniently ignoring "we would almost certainly have been relegated this season if it wasn't for Loic Remy... who is here on loan".

The article says "a third of the Everton starting line-up were loan" - Wrong!! 3 out of 11 is not a third. In fact only 3 players out of a the whole first team squad of 31 are on loan.
Lazy journalism!!  Mad 
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Age : 163
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 1:16 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Ha ha ha - what a load of old shit. Bitter Geordie 'journo'.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/26/why-everton-are-out-of-order-for-signing-so-many-loan-players-4679258/

The complaint seems to be less "Everton have lots of loan players", but more "Everton have better loan players than us"

While conveniently ignoring "we would almost certainly have been relegated this season if it wasn't for Loic Remy... who is here on loan".

The article says "a third of the Everton starting line-up were loan" -   Wrong!!   3 out of 11 is not a third. In fact only 3 players out of a the whole first team squad of 31 are on loan.
Lazy journalism!!   Mad 
Technically Traore is also on loan, so 4 players total, which is the max.

And normally you want to strengthen the squad with loan players, something which we have done.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman) - Page 11 Empty Re: Newcastle 0 Everton 3 (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum