Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley)

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley) - Page 10 Empty Re: Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

Dreadful. Three points, but I can't see us winning many more this season playing like that. We need Jags back asap, Stones is a liability.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley) - Page 10 Empty Re: Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

we badly need Jags back. Jags & Distin better than Stones and either of them
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm

The President wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:1 min of squeaky bum time.

FooFoo on for Lukaku (what is the point?)

Waste a bit of time - slow things down  Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley) - Page 10 Confused 

I thought refs add 30 secs per substitution?  Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley) - Page 10 Confused 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19700
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
The President wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:1 min of squeaky bum time.

FooFoo on for Lukaku (what is the point?)

Waste a bit of time - slow things down  Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley) - Page 10 Confused 

I thought refs add 30 secs per substitution?  Everton 3 Swansea 2 - (Baines (pen), Lukaku, Barkley) - Page 10 Confused 

That's what i thought hence why Sir Alex always made a sub in injury time.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:55 pm

Better second half for us today but if Mirallas had of taken that chance we might not have had to drag ourselves over the line. Some positive play from McGeady and Howard made some fine saves. Swansea are a good side but a better team would have taken advantage of how bad Stones was today. That lad has a lot of learning to do. Hopefully we can maintain this run. 4th is a long way off but not impossible.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6275
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:56 pm

Jags back soon and it will all be fine  Shocked
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:58 pm

Bony was playing quite a way off our CBs, but for some reason Dizzy and Stones kept losing touch with each other despite Swans only having one man up. Very odd. Fucking Cardiff though <spit>
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 5:01 pm

I think we've got too many complacent players, not least of which is Mirallas. He could do so much more. Lukaku believes the hype from the first half of the season and is average at best now. Baines and Coleman aren't creating as much as they should be, and Barkley needs to really up his game if he's going to be the player everyone thinks he's going to be.

Howard was our best player today. McGeady was good too.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:32 pm

1 point clear of Spuds with a game in hand and a better GD. Plus they have a tricky game v Saints tomorrow.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19700
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:33 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Dreadful.  Three points, but I can't see us winning many more this season playing like that.  We need Jags back asap, Stones is a liability.

We do need Jags back, but I like that Martinez is bold enough to play a 19 year old at centre half.

As far as the performance is concerned; bollocks to it. 3 scored - 2 conceded. I'll take that over playing brilliant footy but losing to the likes of Chelsea.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:42 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Dreadful.  Three points, but I can't see us winning many more this season playing like that.  We need Jags back asap, Stones is a liability.

We do need Jags back, but I like that Martinez is bold enough to play a 19 year old at centre half.

As far as the performance is concerned; bollocks to it. 3 scored - 2 conceded. I'll take that over playing brilliant footy but losing to the likes of Chelsea.

Playing poor and losing stinks
Playing poor and winning .... I'll take that  cheers 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:19 pm

Tonteau wrote:

What's happened to Duffy? He was playing much better than Stones currently is. He should be ahead in the pecking order in my opinion. Stones doesn't look quite ready for a run in the first team yet.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:30 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

What's happened to Duffy?  He was playing much better than Stones currently is.  He should be ahead in the pecking order in my opinion.  Stones doesn't look quite ready for a run in the first team yet.

He's at Yeovil on loan. Apparently he's playing well even if Yeovil aren't.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6275
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 9:03 pm

He had a stinker last week, but today we missed the fetch and carry of Ossie.
Too many individualists, and little cohesion.
McGeedy's best performance so far, but maybe there needs to be some defensive training for the Alex Young wannabe?
As much as I like McCarthy there is rarely a defense splitting pass.
Baines misses his little peanut.
One too many games for young Stones. He now needs a rest and some contemplation time. If I were RM, I'd even think of using Alcatraz for the Barcodes game if Jags is still a game away.
We still can't defend corners and short free kicks. A huge liability.
Despite that COYBs and IMWT.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:He had a stinker last week, but today we missed the fetch and carry of Ossie.
McGeedy's best performance so far, but maybe there needs to be some defensive training for the Alex Young wannabe?
One too many games for young Stones.  He now needs a rest and some contemplation time. If I were RM, I'd even think of using Alcatraz for the Barcodes game if Jags is still a game away.
seemed louder today yank ?? .. better atmosphere in the old lady than last week ???
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 9:31 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:He had a stinker last week, but today we missed the fetch and carry of Ossie.
One too many games for young Stones.  He now needs a rest and some contemplation time. If I were RM, I'd even think of using Alcatraz for the Barcodes game if Jags is still a game away.
seemed louder today yank ?? .. better atmosphere in the old lady than last week ???
Not really. We are blowing hot and cold throughout the game. Little fluidity as we saw earlier this season.
As a result the crowd are either catatonic or yelling their frustration.
Barkley has gone back to his Moyes era playbook. Mirallas has occasional moments like his build up and cross for Big Luke's goal, but spends more of the time doing his Anne Boleyn's chicken routine.
Once again Dizzie and Stones are usually 50 yards apart with 16 or 18 filling the CB role all too often.
Without Ossie and Peanut there are no pretty triangles, just loads of running and too few one-twos.
Roll on Tuesday when we can put the shyts up Arsene, with a big win at St. James's.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:28 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:...
Roll on Tuesday when we can put the shyts up Arsene, with a big win at St. James's.

good call!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 11:57 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:...

good call!
Never in doubt (Once we got past the first 2 minutes  Rolling Eyes )
The Cobden couldn't get the game. Went to the Gardeners (freakin red house) where it was 50/50 Bluenoses and Shyte watching the United/Citteh game. They were very quiet.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10