606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman)

+12
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
Super
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Lumper
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
SEFTON
Armchair
16 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman) - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 15 Mar 2014, 4:56 pm

What a great header back from Barry that lead to the goal btw, great awareness to head it back towards our goal and not try and score from an impossible angle.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman) - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 15 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

GOAL - Southampton 4-2 Norwich - Sam Gallagher
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 15 Mar 2014, 5:00 pm

We have a reasonably "easy" stretch of games coming up - need to take advantage of that and get the wins.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 15 Mar 2014, 5:00 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:We have a reasonably "easy" stretch of games coming up - need to take advantage of that and get the wins.

Like Today double {phew}
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 15 Mar 2014, 5:01 pm

Top ten of the table

1 Chelsea 29 34 66
2 Man City 27 44 60
3 Liverpool 28 38 59
4 Arsenal 28 24 59
5 Tottenham 29 0 53
6 Everton 28 12 51
7 Man Utd 28 15 48
8 Southampton 30 6 45
9 Newcastle 29 -3 43
10 Stoke    30  -12  34
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm

Tough day to watch us.
Mirallas and Foofoo so single-minded and just a pain in the ass, the pair of them.
Ossie? Oh dear. Lousy passes given to him at times which just put more pressure on the guy. Still, Ossie's poorest game in a long while.
Baines missed his South African buddy badly today.
Thank God for Barry and Seamus.
They say centre backs should play close to each other. Dizzie and Stones were usually 50 yards apart. It's our Achilles heal and has to be addressed before the big, scary run-in.
2 red cards could easily have been given against Cardiff. Sky teams would have put the ball out and screamed at the ref until the red came out. Too nice again.
McGeady looked half decent this time. Keep it simple, easy pass or beat the defender for the cross.
Message to RM, practice defending short free kicks, and please don't play that line up again.

(and which idiots left before the final whistle? At GP you never leave, until Hattie Jacques starts gargling )
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:43 am

Yes to the above.  McGeady gave Kev and Foo the perfect demonstation of tidy, creative wing-play.  I'm starting to like him. I also think he will give Lukaku more clear opportunities than either Kev or Foo, as they are both so selfish, can't pick a pass, and constantly run into cul-de-sacs.

Really don't see how either of them can start ahead of McGeady next time.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 16 Mar 2014, 4:55 pm

just got back from the match...

Seemed like a bit of a lackluster performance.. no serious energy for a lot of players..

I thought our flair players were always capable of doing the unexpected.. especially Foo who I think gets a lot of unfair criticism.. the lad is quality & is learning.. Mirallas looked tired or uninterested & I hope it's the former... Lukaku was a threat but with his pace height & build should have been more physical with a weak Cardiff CB pairing.. Ossie had a stinker.. I don't think I've seen him so poor (apart from one shot that fizzed over).. Barry & McCarthy solid... Dizzy remains a strong defender even though he's nearly 60 years old & Stones for me is impressive for a 19 year old kid .. Stones seemed to be used as a deep lying playmaker.. dropping out the CB pair deliberately & feeding good balls to the midfield.. Tim used him a lot.. granted he makes 1 or 2 mistakes a game & there was one in particular that almost cost  goal, but he covered back hard & fast & made a last ditch tackle to amend his own error... Baines powers forward & is hard to stop.. Seamus seemed happy to hold back until the last 30 minutes when he was clearly fired up .. Howard made 2 saves that were quite amazing... that's my player critique anyway from how I saw it.. Nais was busy when he came on but didn't really do anything.. McGeedy lively & one cut inside & shot would have been a fantastic goal.. I thought he was good... Barks raised the tempo in the game but just seemed to bounce about a lot on the balls of his feet without any serious purpose...

I thought Cardiff should have had a penalty for a challenge by Dizzy, but I also though Foo was fouled in their box... Tackles on Barry & Stones were both worth red cards.... the ref made some terrible calls.

The main stand... my first time in it & it will be my last.. no atmosphere.. the quiet zone it should be called.. like watching a game with fucking ear muffs on... I'm back in the Gwladys or Park next time for sure..

Seamus's miss hit brought us no more than we deserved .. in fact we deserved 3 or 4 nil tbh.. but their keeper was on a good day & made some sound saves.. Foo's goal was worth the luck it got .. it was a strong direct run & he took the opportunity to hit it, which a few more could learn from... there goal was shit.. it was not a free kick either.. the Cardiff player (Zaha I think it was) kicked Seamus and fell over & got a free kick for his effort.. fucking terrible call from the ref.

Cardiff .. those sheep shaggers can sing alright.. I loved the 'we're always in blue chant'.. didn't like the 'you're support is fucking shit' one much though.. although as I say it was exactly that in the main stand... when the Gwlady st burst into song after about half hour the taffy's started singing.. 'we forgot, we forgot, we forgot that you were there !' ... EFC needs to up the vocals at GP.... it's too quiet.. too often..

I never liked Ole Gunnar... but I tell you what he was good at the end.. made a real effort to go over the traveling fans & applauded them & shook a few hands as well .. I watched him there & back & he really was gutted .... ahhhhhh ain't that a bitch  Very Happy 

I'm not going to stay away so long anymore ... these days are what it's about even though the buzz & atmosphere seemed lower key that usual.. good guinness in the evening as well Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman) - Page 8 186792 

COYB  cheers

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 16 Mar 2014, 6:18 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:just got back from the match...

Seemed like a bit of a lackluster performance.. no serious energy for a lot of players..

I thought our flair players were always capable of doing the unexpected.. especially Foo who I think gets a lot of unfair criticism.. the lad is quality & is learning.. Mirallas looked tired or uninterested & I hope it's the former... Lukaku was a threat but with his pace height & build should have been more physical with a weak Cardiff CB pairing.. Ossie had a stinker.. I don't think I've seen him so poor (apart from one shot that fizzed over).. Barry & McCarthy solid... Dizzy remains a strong defender even though he's nearly 60 years old & Stones for me is impressive for a 19 year old kid .. Stones seemed to be used as a deep lying playmaker.. dropping out the CB pair deliberately & feeding good balls to the midfield.. Tim used him a lot.. granted he makes 1 or 2 mistakes a game & there was one in particular that almost cost  goal, but he covered back hard & fast & made a last ditch tackle to amend his own error... Baines powers forward & is hard to stop.. Seamus seemed happy to hold back until the last 30 minutes when he was clearly fired up .. Howard made 2 saves that were quite amazing... that's my player critique anyway from how I saw it.. Nais was busy when he came on but didn't really do anything.. McGeedy lively & one cut inside & shot would have been a fantastic goal.. I thought he was good... Barks raised the tempo in the game but just seemed to bounce about a lot on the balls of his feet without any serious purpose...

I thought Cardiff should have had a penalty for a challenge by Dizzy, but I also though Foo was fouled in their box... Tackles on Barry & Stones were both worth red cards.... the ref made some terrible calls.

The main stand... my first time in it & it will be my last.. no atmosphere.. the quiet zone it should be called.. like watching a game with fucking ear muffs on... I'm back in the Gwladys or Park next time for sure..

Seamus's miss hit brought us no more than we deserved .. in fact we deserved 3 or 4 nil tbh.. but their keeper was on a good day & made some sound saves.. Foo's goal was worth the luck it got .. it was a strong direct run & he took the opportunity to hit it, which a few more could learn from... there goal was shit.. it was not a free kick either.. the Cardiff player (Zaha I think it was) kicked Seamus and fell over & got a free kick for his effort.. fucking terrible call from the ref.

Cardiff .. those sheep shaggers can sing alright.. I loved the 'we're always in blue chant'.. didn't like the 'you're support is fucking shit' one much though.. although as I say it was exactly that in the main stand... when the Gwlady st burst into song after about half hour the taffy's started singing.. 'we forgot, we forgot, we forgot that you were there !' ... EFC needs to up the vocals at GP.... it's too quiet.. too often..

I never liked Ole Gunnar... but I tell you what he was good at the end.. made a real effort to go over the traveling fans & applauded them & shook a few hands as well .. I watched him there & back & he really was gutted .... ahhhhhh ain't that a bitch  Very Happy 

I'm not going to stay away so long anymore ... these days are what it's about even though the buzz & atmosphere seemed lower key that usual.. good guinness in the evening as well Everton 2 Cardiff 1 (Deulofeu, Coleman) - Page 8 186792 

COYB  cheers

Spot on mate.

Totally agree about our fans, they were so quiet. We were in the Main Stand as well (MS1) and if it hadn't been for a group of kids chanting "Everton, Everton, Everton...." for about 10mins, would have been quiet all game.

Thought the Cardiff fans were quality in terms of singing etc. Only time they were quiet was after the two Everton goals.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 17 Mar 2014, 12:12 am

Super wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:just got back from the match...

COYB  cheers

Spot on mate.

Totally agree about our fans, they were so quiet.  We were in the Main Stand as well (MS1) and if it hadn't been for a group of kids chanting "Everton, Everton, Everton...." for about 10mins, would have been quiet all game.

Thought the Cardiff fans were quality in terms of singing etc.  Only time they were quiet was after the two Everton goals.
Controversy is usually the one thing that gets us going, and the feeling of injustice.
Add the one when we get all deluded and think we're going to win something, and "We shall not be moved" gets an airing.
The rest of the time we sit quietly, eating our steak pies and footlongs, after a lunchtime quaff at our drinking hole, and wonder who is going to brighten our day with a screamer.
 silent  but  cheers  at teh same time
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 17 Mar 2014, 5:24 pm

Garth Crooks confirming what we've known for years, that he really is a bollock mouth of the highest order.

DEFENDER - Seamus Coleman (Everton)

Seamus Coleman
After he scored such a lucky winner for Everton against Cardiff I'm almost tempted, if you'll excuse the pun, to call the right-back 'Shameless' Coleman. Particularly for celebrating his goal, courtesy of a mis-kick, by doing a lap of honour around Goodison Park.
He maybe should have apologised to David Marshall for the fortunate strike that robbed Cardiff of a deserved point. But the Everton defender has been an extra attacking outlet for Roberto Martinez this season and was in the right place at the right time to net once again.
Did you know? The Irish full-back is the top scoring defender in the Premier League this season with six goals - as many as Fernando Torres and Michu combined.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 17 Mar 2014, 6:03 pm

He is a bellend. I'm sure even his wife and kids would agree.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 17 Mar 2014, 6:06 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Garth Crooks confirming what we've known for years, that he really is a bollock mouth of the highest order.

DEFENDER - Seamus Coleman (Everton)

Seamus Coleman
After he scored such a lucky winner for Everton against Cardiff I'm almost tempted, if you'll excuse the pun, to call the right-back 'Shameless' Coleman. Particularly for celebrating his goal, courtesy of a mis-kick, by doing a lap of honour around Goodison Park.
He maybe should have apologised to David Marshall for the fortunate strike that robbed Cardiff of a deserved point. But the Everton defender has been an extra attacking outlet for Roberto Martinez this season and was in the right place at the right time to net once again.
Did you know? The Irish full-back is the top scoring defender in the Premier League this season with six goals - as many as Fernando Torres and Michu combined.
he's just miffed cos we gained ground on his beloved Spuds
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 17 Mar 2014, 6:39 pm

Spoof here:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/fans-view/2014/mar/17/garth-crooks-is-angry?
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 17 Mar 2014, 7:22 pm

Helenqu wrote:Spoof here:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/fans-view/2014/mar/17/garth-crooks-is-angry?
 lol! lol! 

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8