606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup

+22
hairy cataract
SEFTON
Dixie Land
Mr_Ben
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Cahill the Great
Made 4 Gwladys
Lumper
The President
Blue gazza
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Tonteau
Super
Goodison_Gringo
SouthernSmugToffee
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
26 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup - Page 16 Empty Re: Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup

Post  tadpole Sat 08 Mar 2014, 7:28 pm

Given we neede a goal surely Naismith over fatty?

Of the 'older' players Distin still has life in his legs but we need a stronger and more established 3rd and 4th CB option......

On another day we take a chance and take a draw or even a win, a very fine line which we're getting closer too
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup - Page 16 Empty Re: Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 08 Mar 2014, 9:49 pm

So same shit, different manager then?  

I suspect our recent form is our true form and the early season success was partly due to the new manager syndrome.  Next season will give us a better picture of whether Martinez can make tika taka futi work.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 08 Mar 2014, 10:14 pm

The players seem more uncertain about Bobby's system now than they did in the first half of the season, which is weird. Somewhere along the line either the other teams have sussed us out or we've forgotten how to play. I think it's the former, which is what often happens to Swansea - they start like world-beaters then end up mid-table.

It's disappointing losing so many games recently but what's more disappointing for me is we haven't looked all that good either. I said at the start that I don't mind if we end up 8th with fuck all if we carry on playing the way we were, but it seems will end up with that but playing Moyes-like football.

I think we need to find some idiots to give us £15m for Mirallas, send FooFoo back, raid the piggy bank and get a decent creative midfielder or two. I also think we should find the money to buy Lukaku and actually play the poor cunt down the middle instead of letting him drift out wide to find the ball.

Stones is no replacement for Jags either.

And I think Baines will leave in the summer. We should get £15m-£20m for him if he has a decent world cup. Hopefully Oviedo will replace him.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:17 am

Regardless of the result I fail to see how we 'bottled it'. If anything, we did the opposite, making a real open game of it, especially in the first half. A Moyes team might have been a bit more coy, packing the midfield and hope to hit them with a sucker punch from a set piece. Martinez decided to take them on at their own game and for most of the game we matched them stride for stride. The result was totally misleading. We got caught late on as the game got more spread but for most of that game I was proud of or play. These might be the necessary painful steps as Martinez's system takes time to improve. I think our good form before christmas has raised expectations and maybe I will take another season for us to compete in big one of matches. Our home form is still formidable, its our away form that has taken a hammering at the moment but these have been against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and now Arsenal.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 09 Mar 2014, 1:18 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Regardless of the result I fail to see how we 'bottled it'. If anything, we did the opposite, making a real open game of it, especially in the first half. A Moyes team might have been a bit more coy, packing the midfield and hope to hit them with a sucker punch from a set piece. Martinez decided to take them on at their own game and for most of the game we matched them stride for stride. The result was totally misleading. We got caught late on as the game got more spread but for most of that game I was proud of or play. These might be the necessary painful steps as Martinez's system takes time to improve. I think our good form before christmas has raised expectations and maybe I will take another season for us to compete in big one of matches. Our home form is still formidable, its our away form that has taken a hammering at the moment but these have been against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and now Arsenal.
+1 for most of it.
As is often said, a game of inches (as my wife once told me)
Barkley finds the net, we win. Foofoo amazes us all and actually passes, and we're back in the game.
Howard in goal etc etc.....
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16