606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup

+22
hairy cataract
SEFTON
Dixie Land
Mr_Ben
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Cahill the Great
Made 4 Gwladys
Lumper
The President
Blue gazza
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Tonteau
Super
Goodison_Gringo
SouthernSmugToffee
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
26 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup

Post  SEFTON Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:13 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:Heard a horrible rumour that we're going to stick with Robles again for our FA Cup run.   Surely you need to put your best players out at the Emirates in the FA Cup quarter finals?  

Let's look at the evidence:

Everton 4-0 QPR - Robles Plays
Stevenage 0-4 Everton - Robles Plays
Everton 3-1 Swansea - Robles Plays

Is anyone spotting a pattern?

Its all well and good Tonts, to say Robles has played in all the FA Cup games so far but , as I said earlier if it goes against us ? There will be those who will question Martinez judgement.

Experienced keeper left on Bench ,Arsenal a stronger opposition . Surely its a case of your best players over superstition?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup

Post  Tonteau Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:24 pm

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:Heard a horrible rumour that we're going to stick with Robles again for our FA Cup run.   Surely you need to put your best players out at the Emirates in the FA Cup quarter finals?  

Its all well and good Tonts, to say Robles has played in all the FA Cup games so far but , as I said earlier if it goes against us ? There will be those who will question Martinez judgement.

Experienced keeper left on Bench ,Arsenal a stronger opposition . Surely its a case of your best players over superstition?

It's not superstition, it's just how martinez plays things. He doesn't generally change his mind too much. He has a type of footy he wants to play and he plays it whether we get beaten 4-0 or win 4-0. He wants to play Robles in the cup and I'd be surprised if he changed his mind regardless of opposition. He did the same with Robles at Wigan but after a while he took Al Habsi's place in the league as well.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:28 pm

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

My thoughts exactly Sef. We are one game away from a semi final game, need to be playing our strongest team at this stage of the competition.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:38 pm

Super wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

My thoughts exactly Sef. We are one game away from a semi final game, need to be playing our strongest team at this stage of the competition.

He won the FA Cup with Wigan so I can see the arguement for. However I would play Howard, simlpy as he is the better keeper. As Super say need to be playing our strongest team at this stage of the competition.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:42 pm

Tonteau wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

It's not superstition, it's just how martinez plays things. He doesn't generally change his mind too much. He has a type of footy he wants to play and he plays it whether we get beaten 4-0 or win 4-0. He wants to play Robles in the cup and I'd be surprised if he changed his mind regardless of opposition. He did the same with Robles at Wigan but after a while he took Al Habsi's place in the league as well.

That can't be good news considering what happened to Wigan.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:14 pm

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agree sef - Im all for squad rotation against weaker opposition but we cant afford to be dicking around at this stage of the competition. We need our best team out and everyone to be on form to stand a chance of getting a result at the Emirates. Why take the risk?
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:00 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agree sef - Im all for squad rotation against weaker opposition but we cant afford to be dicking around at this stage of the competition.   We need our best team out and everyone to be on form to stand a chance of getting a result at the Emirates.   Why take the risk?

Amen. Bobby needs his head checked if he picks Robles.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:21 pm

Bobby likes to give his players confidence, he is not going to drop Robles as it will basically be saying he doesn't trust him.  Robles will be in goal and we'll still beat the Arse
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 07 Mar 2014, 11:11 pm

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

James McCarthy was in that team, too.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 07 Mar 2014, 11:20 pm

Tonteau wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

James McCarthy was in that team, too.

Robles only made 9 appearances (that includes FA Cup games). I agree that Howard should play tomorrow but Wigan were in relegation trouble long before Robles got a game for them and he certainly wasn't the reason they went down.

Last edited by Lumper on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 07 Mar 2014, 11:27 pm

Just to say, I'd much prefer Howard play but I just don't think he will. Martinez stands by his guns every time.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 07 Mar 2014, 11:44 pm

I don't like this thing of playing the reserve keeper in the Cup games, especially when he's as unconvincing as Robles. It looks a great idea when you're playing Sefton Park City in the 3rd Round, but it looks sillier as the rounds go on. And it's not really fair on the first choice cos, let's face it, the only chance Howard has got of winning anything at Everton would be in a cup competition. He's playing week in week out but must know he's always going to miss out on any medal that might be going.

But, as has been said, Bobby won't back down now.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 07 Mar 2014, 11:50 pm

would be silly not to play Timbo.. but it was silly not to play a striker wasn't it  Wink 

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:02 am

hairberto cataract wrote:I don't like this thing of playing the reserve keeper in the Cup games, especially when he's as unconvincing as Robles.  It looks a great idea when you're playing Sefton Park City in the 3rd Round, but it looks sillier as the rounds go on.  And it's not really fair on the first choice cos, let's face it, the only chance Howard has got of winning anything at Everton would be in a cup competition.  He's playing week in week out but must know he's always going to miss out on any medal that might be going.

But, as has been said, Bobby won't back down now.

In fairness to Joel, he kept clean sheets away to us and in the final against Man City including a string of good saves against city to keep them in the game.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Sat 08 Mar 2014, 1:44 am

Is anyone seriously confident for tomorrow? I think we'll have a go but the lack of goals lately makes me not fancy us. I hope Lukaku starts and is well up for it!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 08 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

Arsenals record at the Emirates is very impressive and it will take our best performance to get something out of this game. I've said all season that Arsenal would collapse in March so we're playing them at a good time. It was a pity that Bayern Munich scored a second against them so late in the Champions League. Arsenal might have had one eye on Tuesdays game if they'd a chance to get something out of it.

I'm more confident then if Moyes was our manager, we all know that he would have played for the draw. I can see Roberto telling our players to go for it and we play good enough football for Everton to take the win. With the teams left in the competition it's a perfect opportunity for us to reach another final.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm

Everton team (to play Arsenal): Joel, Baines (c), Mirallas, Distin, McCarthy, Lukaku, Barry, Barkley, Pienaar, Coleman, Stones

Everton subs: Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Howard, Browning.

COYB  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

Arse: Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Arteta, Ozil, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Flamini, Sanogo, Gibbs.  Arsenal 4 Everton 1 (Lukaku) FA Cup - Page 2 298904 

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:26 pm

strong coffee on Thor ... 5:25am  affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:31 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:strong coffee on Thor ... 5:25am  affraid 
 Very Happy 

Looking forward to this, but Robles in goal though?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:32 pm

Everton manager Roberto Martinez on England World Cup hopefuls Leighton Baines and Gareth Barry: "Leighton is more than a player at Everton. He's a symbol and represents a lot. For me Gareth Barry is too good and too experienced to overlook for such a big tournament as the World Cup."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:33 pm

Excited about this one,I really think we can do it today. Lovely weather here today too.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:35 pm

Why is yet another Man City game postponed?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm

Also, isn't Albert meeting up with Anticipate the Pass this weekend?  Very Happy 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 08 Mar 2014, 12:37 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:strong coffee on Thor ... 5:25am  affraid 
 Very Happy 

Looking forward to this, but Robles in goal though?
aye ... if he makes a mistake that we lose to it will never be forgotten & he'll be finished... huge game for the lad. hope he plays well

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next