Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith)

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 Empty Re: Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith)

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:27 am

Just saw Fulham's second goal. Fucking awful.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 Empty Re: Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith)

Post  Armchair on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:29 am

Dixie Land wrote:Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 Murray10

PLUS

Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 Victor10

EQUALS

Armchair Evertonian wrote:3 tepid draws, a lucky win against Chelsea, two set pieces to beat West Ham and now this. I'm not suggesting that we would have done better under Moyes but we have been unconvincing so far.
Well done sir. cheers
I'll be around for the Newcastle game as well Very Happy 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19776
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:04 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:Martinez reckons we will learn a lot from this defeat..... I reckon we'll have done a lot of learning by the end of the season
I'm hoping he has learned that you play your best 11 in every game. The League Cup is one of two trophies we have an outside chance of winning. We're not in the Europa so we don't need to worry about rotating. We were on a high from a famous victory at the weekend. We don't play again til Monday. So why make 8 changes?

It would be fucking great if one of our managers one day takes his head out of his arse and admits that the League Cup is the best chance of us ever getting silverware again, and plays his form players in every tie.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Few points from last night:

Was nervous from the minute I saw the squad sheet. Given that we made a lot of changes in the last round and struggled (at home, against stevenage) doing the same away against fulham never looked like it was going to profit us much. Thought it was a bit disrespectful to Fulham not to mention the fans who'd travelled down to see the game. Support was great from us, by the way. Away section looked sold out and at least 90% in the putney end neutral section were toffees.

For the first 20-25 minutes we were easily the better team, we had 3 good chances and scored one. Then fulham settled and adjusted to us trying to play the ball through the midfield, put more pressure on our midfield and pressed us back. We were under the kosh for the rest of the first half but they still didn't create anything clear cut.

We resorted to trying to hit an out ball to Lukaku far too often and Hangeland (and occasionally senderos) had the beating of him for most of the game.

The substitutes came too late, we were under pressure for the whole of the second half, so why wait until we were behind? Still don't see how Deulofeu was left on, he was knackered by about 60 minutes, was trying to do too much and giving the ball away almost every time it came to him. It was obvious he's not used to playing at this level. Why we brought on Jags, I do not know. Why not Baines for set piece delivery or Jelavic for his... er, ok. However, the minute Barry came on we got a better grip of the midfield and started to get back into the match, I know it's only a few matches, but we should sign him at the end of the season, he's a cracking professional and does the simple things well.

Robles had a tough night, made even tougher by Evertonians giving him grief about his distribution - which isn't great, but equally isn't likely to get any better with a load of people shouting at him. Just what he needs for confidence.

Although we were crap, we could and should have leveled the game, Deulofeu curled one whiskers wide, as did Coleman who also missed the most glorious chance, completely unmarked at the back post with 2/3 of the goal to aim at and stuck it straight into a scrambling Stockdale.

Fulham are not a good team, but unfortunately last night they didn't have to be, we play a full strength side and we win that game easily.

Other points: John Stones will be a very good player. Distin is a machine, cracking player. Deulofeu needs to mature a lot. Still not sure what James McCarthy does that makes him worth anywhere near £13m. John Heitinga is not a midfielder.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:05 pm

Tonteau wrote:Few points from last night:

Was nervous from the minute I saw the squad sheet. Given that we made a lot of changes in the last round and struggled (at home, against stevenage) doing the same away against fulham never looked like it was going to profit us much. Thought it was a bit disrespectful to Fulham not to mention the fans who'd travelled down to see the game. Support was great from us, by the way. Away section looked sold out and at least 90% in the putney end neutral section were toffees.

For the first 20-25 minutes we were easily the better team, we had 3 good chances and scored one. Then fulham settled and adjusted to us trying to play the ball through the midfield, put more pressure on our midfield and pressed us back. We were under the kosh for the rest of the first half but they still didn't create anything clear cut.

We resorted to trying to hit an out ball to Lukaku far too often and Hangeland (and occasionally senderos) had the beating of him for most of the game.

The substitutes came too late, we were under pressure for the whole of the second half, so why wait until we were behind? Still don't see how Deulofeu was left on, he was knackered by about 60 minutes, was trying to do too much and giving the ball away almost every time it came to him. It was obvious he's not used to playing at this level. Why we brought on Jags, I do not know. Why not Baines for set piece delivery or Jelavic for his... er, ok. However, the minute Barry came on we got a better grip of the midfield and started to get back into the match, I know it's only a few matches, but we should sign him at the end of the season, he's a cracking professional and does the simple things well.

Robles had a tough night, made even tougher by Evertonians giving him grief about his distribution - which isn't great, but equally isn't likely to get any better with a load of people shouting at him. Just what he needs for confidence.

Although we were crap, we could and should have leveled the game, Deulofeu curled one whiskers wide, as did Coleman who also missed the most glorious chance, completely unmarked at the back post with 2/3 of the goal to aim at and stuck it straight into a scrambling Stockdale.

Fulham are not a good team, but unfortunately last night they didn't have to be, we play a full strength side and we win that game easily.

Other points: John Stones will be a very good player. Distin is a machine, cracking player. Deulofeu needs to mature a lot. Still not sure what James McCarthy does that makes him worth anywhere near £13m. John Heitinga is not a midfielder.
I enjoyed that read... and tbh can't find much if anything to disagree with from watching the stream... which is of course very different to being there
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm

Deulofeu annoys the fuck out of me. He is so predictable.

Every leftback will watch this game and just show him the outside and watch him dribble the ball out or too close to the line to cut it back properly. The lad needs to realise his left foot is for more than just standing on.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:55 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

I enjoyed that read... and tbh can't find much if anything to disagree with from watching the stream... which is of course very different to being there
Thanks. Bit of a damp squib of a game. Took my missus along as well for her first Everton experience, not a great advert for us as a club but she enjoyed the drama and wants to see another. Her wisdom from the game; "So is this the champions league?" and on Romelu Lukaku "That guy is massive."
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Deulofeu annoys the fuck out of me.  He is so predictable.

Every leftback will watch this game and just show him the outside and watch him dribble the ball out or too close to the line to cut it back properly.  The lad needs to realise his left foot is for more than just standing on.
He had a few moments of running directly at people in the first half where he was excellent. This was usually where he'd got a bit of space to get moving, but there was one occasion where recieved the ball, turned and ran at their defence, he was fouled 3 times and they still couldn't get the ball off him or take him down. He ran out of steam, and subsequently ideas, quickly. I said after an hour, but in all honesty it may have been earlier. I guess that's to be expected with his age and experience. He should have been substituted, for the game's sake if not his own.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:26 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Thanks. Bit of a damp squib of a game. Took my missus along as well for her first Everton experience, not a great advert for us as a club but she enjoyed the drama and wants to see another. Her wisdom from the game; "So is this the champions league?" and on Romelu Lukaku "That guy is massive."
I showed the Swindon manager quote about Chelsea to a c-worker yesterday (it was about how awesome Chelsea are and they had to play very poorly and Swindom have a sensational day, and it would still be darn near impossible for Swindon to get a result), and he said the same thing....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:20 pm

Tonteau wrote:

was he not wearing a jock strap then?

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:

She was defo thinking about getting a pummelling from Lukaku.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

Classy as ever, guys.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm

Tonteau wrote:Classy as ever, guys.
Sitting on my own in the car giggling, getting strange looks lol! 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7258

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:13 pm

Tonteau wrote:Classy as ever, guys.
Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 F_laugh Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 F_laugh Fulham 2 Everton 1 (League Cup) (Naismith) - Page 9 F_laugh As always.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9