West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku)

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 Empty Re: West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 21 Sep - 10:58

Helenqu wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton's on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku, who scored the winner after coming off the bench to make his debut, but was knocked out in the process: "I remember nothing about it. I did not even know I had scored, that was the first thing I asked the doc. I said "who scored?" He said "you".
He's just been interviewed on BBC, looks fine Smile
Great to hear that. His importance today was simply massive.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68395
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 Empty Re: West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 21 Sep - 11:06

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Just got in, good result. How did we play?
The first half left a lot to be desired. We were slow in the build-ups, lacking any penetration and borderline looking disinterested. Despite having the ball a lot, like 60%, we created pretty much nowt.

Hammers goal came from a deflected shot from the edge of the box. Howard would have made an easy save if it weren't for a deflection.

HT, and Lukaku and McCarthy come on for the very ineffective Jelly and hardworking but quiet Nais. And it's a drastic change right away, the tempo is up, Lukaku is taking on defenders causing havoc whenever he touches the ball. A total 180 from the first half.

Baines takes a freekick some 22 yards out and buries it in the goalies top right hand corner.

We are by now totally bossing the game but in the 75th minute, McCarthy trips a Hammers player in the box, and Noble scores from the following penalty.

Barkley gets us another freekick close to the edge of the box after a Noble tackle. It's his second yellow and he's sent off. The following freekick, up steps Baines and scores in the goalie's top left hand corner, 2-2.

Then just minutes later Mirallas crosses from the right into the box, Lukaku meets the header and scores, but is also knocked out in the process and is on the ground for close to 5 minutes receiving treatment. He can eventually finish the game.

1st half - poor is not too harsh of a word.
2nd half - a totally different team out there and worthy winners in the end.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 21 Sep - 11:11

Thanks Thor. Two good results on the trot. I haven't managed to see either game; the results are obviously good even if the performances aren't quite there yet.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 21 Sep - 11:13

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
The first half left a lot to be desired. We were slow in the build-ups, lacking any penetration and borderline looking disinterested. Despite having the ball a lot, like 60%, we created pretty much nowt.

Hammers goal came from a deflected shot from the edge of the box. Howard would have made an easy save if it weren't for a deflection.

HT, and Lukaku and McCarthy come on for the very ineffective Jelly and hardworking but quiet Nais. And it's a drastic change right away, the tempo is up, Lukaku is taking on defenders causing havoc whenever he touches the ball. A total 180 from the first half.

Baines takes a freekick some 22 yards out and buries it in the goalies top right hand corner.

We are by now totally bossing the game but in the 75th minute, McCarthy trips a Hammers player in the box, and Noble scores from the following penalty.

Barkley gets us another freekick close to the edge of the box after a Noble tackle. It's his second yellow and he's sent off. The following freekick, up steps Baines and scores in the goalie's top left hand corner, 2-2.

Then just minutes later Mirallas crosses from the right into the box, Lukaku meets the header and scores, but is also knocked out in the process and is on the ground for close to 5 minutes receiving treatment. He can eventually finish the game.

We're a bit like Wigan..... Except we've got Baines and Lukaku...cheers

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 21 Sep - 11:13

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Thanks Thor. Two good results on the trot. I haven't managed to see either game; the results are obviously good even if the performances aren't quite there yet.
I think it's pretty clear you need to stay the heck away for future games... Laughing Wink 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sat 21 Sep - 11:15

What a result!

We were just to the left of West Ham's left post.

Absolute carnage when Lukaku scored.

West Ham fans must hate playing against Everton.

On the way home now, going to have a celebratory KFC as soon as we get to a services that has one!cheers

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 21 Sep - 11:21

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Thanks Thor. Two good results on the trot. I haven't managed to see either game; the results are obviously good even if the performances aren't quite there yet.
I think it's pretty clear you need to stay the heck away for future games... Laughing Wink 
lol! 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Sep - 11:23

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:

Wigan also had Baines. Were they still Wigan then? scratch 
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 21 Sep - 11:38

Dixie Land wrote:

We were no way Wigan Mark II.
1 extra goal in the first 3 games and we'd be top, and would be top if we had fielded this guy from the start of the season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgQ1MaWMoxM
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Sep - 11:41

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

1 extra goal in the first 3 games and we'd be top, and would be top if we had fielded this guy from the start of the season
I think Martinez is doing a brilliant job so far. He always played good football at Wigan, with far worse players as he has now. I think we are in for a good, exciting season and the performances so far have made me far more interested in football than I have been for the past 2 or 3 seasons.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Sat 21 Sep - 12:30

Dixie Land wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I think Martinez is doing a brilliant job so far. He always played good football at Wigan, with far worse players as he has now. I think we are in for a good, exciting season and the performances so far have made me far more interested in football than I have been for the past 2 or 3 seasons.
Just got back from Brussels.A draw and two wins since being in Belgium can't be bad, Thanks for the quick match review Kot.cheers 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9804
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 21 Sep - 12:32

Get in there:cheers: 

Out all day so can't wait for MOTD

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari on Sat 21 Sep - 13:18

Great result.. And Foofoo not playing, there is much more to come cheers 
My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 21 Sep - 13:20

Game of two halves, that's for sure.  We were dire first half, and very good second half.  Lukaku was the difference. He looks an exceptional player.  Poor old Jelli must have sat there watching the second half thinking "well I better phone my agent tomorrow then."

What's fucking weird is how much better Lukaku is than anything else we've got up front.  I mean, Jelli and Kone, both £5m or £6m footballers, both probably on £50k a week, but the gulf between them and a really top talent like Lukaku is the same as the gulf between a journeyman League 1 player and Jelli and Kone. I really can't remember the last forward of that quality to play for us.

In some ways, it sums up how fucked up PL football has become.  Chelsea loan this fella out like he's not really good enough for them yet, but for us he shines out like a beacon.  And we're a decent team.  Madness.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 21 Sep - 13:27

I have said for a while that we maybe should gamble and try buy a really good striker £15-£20 million, it looks like thats all we are short of
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7240
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 21 Sep - 13:31

whoop whoop whoooooop... Very Happy 

just in from golf... fucking great result ... enjoyed the thread lads cheers 

Lukakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu love yoyoooooooo

btw ... did we wear rainbow laces king 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 21 Sep - 13:50

hairy cataract wrote:Game of two halves, that's for sure.  We were dire first half, and very good second half.  Lukaku was the difference. He looks an exceptional player.  Poor old Jelli must have sat there watching the second half thinking "well I better phone my agent tomorrow then."

What's fucking weird is how much better Lukaku is than anything else we've got up front.  I mean, Jelli and Kone, both £5m or £6m footballers, both probably on £50k a week, but the gulf between them and a really top talent like Lukaku is the same as the gulf between a journeyman League 1 player and Jelli and Kone. I really can't remember the last forward of that quality to play for us.

In some ways, it sums up how fucked up PL football has become.  Chelsea loan this fella out like he's not really good enough for them yet, but for us he shines out like a beacon.  And we're a decent team.  Madness.
Last really top class striker we had?
The best of the bunch has probably been Latchford, Lineker, Sharp, Royle (?), Young (?) McKenzie (?), Beardsley, Rooney.
Big Luke looks the dogs bollocks.
"What's That Coming Over The Hill?" Rom Lulaku! Need to get a chant out of that.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 21 Sep - 14:00

Blueberto wrote:I have said for a while that we maybe should gamble and try buy a really good striker £15-£20 million,  it looks like thats all we are short of
Said the same many a time myself. Better to buy one quality centre forward than few utility players. That's where we're really short, all other areas of the pitch we're pretty good.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 21 Sep - 14:26

Dixie Land wrote:

I meant Martinez's Wigan, the one he took down. We do play some exciting football under Martinez, and its great to be undefeated, but we've been lucky and we've relied on Baines's freekicks today and an on loan striker.

The first half was a worry for me, ticky tacky went out the window and we were lumping it forward at times, mostly because big sam knows we can't play it wigan's way yet, so they pressed us hard. But we had one shot (I think) on goal in the first half - we were totally sussed.

Don't get me wrong I want us to play beautiful football and I think Martinez will get us there, but it'll take time and luck and money.

Until then I reserve the right to be a miserable bastard and moan like fuck even when we win.... its my "lucky" attitude, we've never lost when I've moaned Very Happy 

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Sep - 14:43

Dixie Land wrote:

I meant Martinez's Wigan, the one he took down.  We do play some exciting football under Martinez, and its great to be undefeated, but we've been lucky and we've relied on Baines's freekicks today and an on loan striker.

The first half was a worry for me, ticky tacky went out the window and we were lumping it forward at times, mostly because big sam knows we can't play it wigan's way yet, so they pressed us hard.  But we had one shot (I think) on goal in the first half - we were totally sussed.

Don't get me wrong I want us to play beautiful football and I think Martinez will get us there, but it'll take time and luck and money.

Until then I reserve the right to be a miserable bastard and moan like fuck even when we win.... its my "lucky" attitude, we've never lost when I've moaned Very Happy 
lol! lol! lol! 

Keep on moaning Sacko. Very Happy 

I think Martinez has mixed his style of football with the style of football we are used to seeing over the last decade. Gives us different approaches in games and keeps the opposition guessing. You are right that it will take time but we are doing pretty well now and will, hopefully, only get better.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 21 Sep - 14:50

The problem we generally have playing tikki takka, is that we don't get enough players close to the player with the ball to give them sufficient options and then move forward as a team We're then left looking for the easiest/least risky pass which is invariably backwards, sideways or long.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 21 Sep - 15:59

Let's hope that Bainesy keeps those rainbow laces in for a while longer. cheers 
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 21 Sep - 17:07

Baines:
"Ossie had taken me out of his fantasy football team cos he said I weren't doing enough, so I said I'd score a couple today so I was true to my word"

West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 F_laugh West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 F_laugh West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 F_laugh cheers 
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 21 Sep - 18:50

Tonteau wrote:Baines:
"Ossie had taken me out of his fantasy football team cos he said I weren't doing enough, so I said I'd score a couple today so I was true to my word"

West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 F_laugh West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 F_laugh West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 F_laugh cheers 
\0/  brilliant - he's my captain, 32 points today!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Sun 22 Sep - 1:04

West Ham 2 Everton 3 (Baines 2, Lukaku) - Page 9 West_h10

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next