606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas)

+10
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Tonteau
Lumper
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Albert
Blue gazza
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas) - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm

Exquisite skills from the Betis players.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas) - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:42 pm

Mirallas offside there by some 2 yards, sloppy.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:43 pm

The New Ronaldo is coming on soon
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:44 pm

Barkley off for Naismith, Foofoo on for Mirallas.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:45 pm

Delefeuefueue thinks he's got all the time in the world.... but he hasn't Very Happy 
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:48 pm

+ 3mins
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm

Betis score and I have no issues what so ever with that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm

the very least they deserve. Would have been a travesty if we'd kept a clean sheet.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm

2-1
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:51 pm

Got better towards the end but it badly needed to!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 11 Aug 2013, 4:51 pm

And it's all over.

The less I say about this game, the better....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 11 Aug 2013, 5:40 pm

Saw the first half but then I fell asleep (did a half marathon this morning).  Thought betis played well with their usual pressing game and our players found it difficult to pass it, especially around our box.  It was a bit depressing, but only to be expected as we are still trying to get the confidence to play this way.

We need to take a few chances when around our own box and yes the mistakes will lead to goals, but we knew what Martinez's football is all about; defend like shit, but score more goals, and yes certain teams will take us apart, especially moyes.

Confidence will come with experience, so let's hope boberto has a plan b up his sleeve for those teams who press high, probably revert to the long ball like the shyte do.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm

played golf today but just read the thread ... sounds like I missed a treat Very Happy 

You negative fucker Hairy Laughing 

Sack Wigan

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:40 pm

Kudos for the thread title Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas) - Page 6 Action-s 
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:played golf today but just read the thread ... sounds like I missed a treat Very Happy 

You negative fucker Hairy Laughing 

Sack Wigan
you would have loved it mate, it was a horror show. The rest of the PL must be rubbing their hands. Even Baines looked like, well, like a Wigan player I suppose.

Really hoping it's jet leg. Really really hoping.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 11 Aug 2013, 11:32 pm

Lumper wrote:Kudos for the thread title Everton 2 Ugly Betis 1 (Jelavic, Mirallas) - Page 6 Action-s 
+1
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 11 Aug 2013, 11:55 pm

I've been reasonably optimistic until today.
I was expecting some differences in our style, but sadly, we reverted to hoof all too often and possession given away too easily.
Gibbo looks crocked, Felli's infected cut sounds like Rooney's phantom shoulder, several others looked way out of sorts like they really didn't want to be there, or they had just received some lousy news.  Maybe they had.
Robby needs to bolster the midfield badly, over the next 2 weeks.
As for subs, it was back to Dithering Davy days.
Foofoo and Kone get like 90 seconds or something.
J5 gets the holding midfielder's role.
the most noise came from the 20 travelling supporters who added to the flavour of an otherwise depressing afternoon.
Oh dear............
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 12 Aug 2013, 7:35 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:I've been reasonably optimistic until today.
I was expecting some differences in our style, but sadly, we reverted to hoof all too often and possession given away too easily.
Gibbo looks crocked, Felli's infected cut sounds like Rooney's phantom shoulder, several others looked way out of sorts like they really didn't want to be there, or they had just received some lousy news.  Maybe they had.
the most noise came from the 20 travelling supporters who added to the flavour of an otherwise depressing afternoon.
Oh dear............
Oh dear indeed. Can't read too much into one game I suppose but, as many feared, it does look like we don't have the players for this technical style. Jags is a fantastic centre half, but he can't play it out of defence, and Distin has never been able to pick a pass. Coleman is a pacey tricky full back, again not a great passer, and Baines seemed to be equally dithering and unhappy making short passes in his own half. Osman was dreadful, Gibson is crocked again. I don't understand why Barkley played so deep, he's a liability there and needs to be up supporting the striker. Jelli may have scored but he also hit the corner flag with his shot when clear through. Delefoofoo, in a short cameo, looked like an L-plater who will be of little use to us. Pienaar looks fairly comfortable in his role as does Mirallas, and Howard had a great game, but other than that....well Heitinga hit one nice pass I suppose and Kone looked bright for two minutes except when he and Jelli went for the same ball like a pair of clowns.

Real Betis were, IMO, very good indeed except for their woeful finishing. I'm also hoping that most teams we face will roll over like Blackburn and not have the skill to play a high pressing game like Betis. Okay, I'm desperately trying to find positives here. It was the jet lag! Please tell me it was the jet lag! Was it the jet lag?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 12 Aug 2013, 8:36 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Oh dear............
Oh dear indeed.  Can't read too much into one game I suppose but, as many feared, it does look like we don't have the players for this technical style.  Jags is a fantastic centre half, but he can't play it out of defence, and Distin has never been able to pick a pass.  Coleman is a pacey tricky full back, again not a great passer, and Baines seemed to be equally dithering and unhappy making short passes in his own half.  Osman was dreadful, Gibson is crocked again.  I don't understand why Barkley played so deep, he's a liability there and needs to be up supporting the striker.  Jelli may have scored but he also hit the corner flag with his shot when clear through. Delefoofoo, in a short cameo, looked like an L-plater who will be of little use to us. Pienaar looks fairly comfortable in his role as does Mirallas, and Howard had a great game, but other than that....well Heitinga hit one nice pass I suppose and Kone looked bright for two minutes except when he and Jelli went for the same ball like a pair of clowns.

Real Betis were, IMO, very good indeed except for their woeful finishing.  I'm also hoping that most teams we face will roll over like Blackburn and not have the skill to play a high pressing game like Betis.  Okay, I'm desperately trying to find positives here.  It was the jet lag!  Please tell me it was the jet lag!  Was it the jet lag?
I feared that the multi time zone trip would knacker us, and I'm sure it had some effect.
RM thought so too, so everything is OK really.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 12 Aug 2013, 8:39 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Oh dear............
Oh dear indeed.  Can't read too much into one game I suppose but, as many feared, it does look like we don't have the players for this technical style.  Jags is a fantastic centre half, but he can't play it out of defence, and Distin has never been able to pick a pass.  Coleman is a pacey tricky full back, again not a great passer, and Baines seemed to be equally dithering and unhappy making short passes in his own half.  Osman was dreadful, Gibson is crocked again.  I don't understand why Barkley played so deep, he's a liability there and needs to be up supporting the striker.  Jelli may have scored but he also hit the corner flag with his shot when clear through. Delefoofoo, in a short cameo, looked like an L-plater who will be of little use to us. Pienaar looks fairly comfortable in his role as does Mirallas, and Howard had a great game, but other than that....well Heitinga hit one nice pass I suppose and Kone looked bright for two minutes except when he and Jelli went for the same ball like a pair of clowns.

Real Betis were, IMO, very good indeed except for their woeful finishing.  I'm also hoping that most teams we face will roll over like Blackburn and not have the skill to play a high pressing game like Betis.  Okay, I'm desperately trying to find positives here.  It was the jet lag!  Please tell me it was the jet lag!  Was it the jet lag?
I feared that the multi time zone trip would knacker us, and I'm sure it had some effect.
RM thought so too, so everything is OK really.
Thank God for that! I feel better now Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Mon 12 Aug 2013, 5:38 pm

Well.. 7 friendlies gone and let's do some analysis.

Results:

Losing to Vienna first up - no big deal, just into training against half-decent side
Stanley and Blackburn - par results - decent performances
Juve - good performance, certainly deserved to win
Madrid - fair effort - some misfortune with decisions.
Valencia - tired - got the wrong end of the rub of the green
Betis - tired - got the right end of the rub of the green (rather fortunate)

So, Roberto needs to get them rested for a couple of days - get Felli back to his best by Saturday. Gibbo might be a big miss however.

Defence - not as worried as some here - excepting Bainesy hasn't got into the swing of things too much so far.
Attack - Jeli and Mirallas have looked good pre-season - that's at least something.

Midfield is a worry - especially if we do lose Felli right now. Suspect we're going to bolster things up by the weekend and start with 4-5-1 variant. I'm less worried by things as we can offset some of the problems with the new style being harder for the oppos to read. I'm hoping we can play well and dominate the (so-called) weaker sides.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:48 pm

I was just amazed by with which ease real Betis managed to get through the midfield time and time again and create great chances. It was simply amazing that they just scored once based on the substantial number of quality chances they had.

The back line appeared to be exposed over and over and that is very worrysome.

I also hope that is was down to jet lag, over training, etc etc. Also hope that Martinez is coming up with a fix.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:32 am

Toffee Dan wrote:Well.. 7 friendlies gone and let's do some analysis.

Results:

Losing to Vienna first up - no big deal, just into training against half-decent side
Stanley and Blackburn - par results - decent performances
Juve - good performance, certainly deserved to win
Madrid - fair effort - some misfortune with decisions.
Valencia - tired - got the wrong end of the rub of the green
Betis - tired - got the right end of the rub of the green (rather fortunate)

So, Roberto needs to get them rested for a couple of days - get Felli back to his best by Saturday. Gibbo might be a big miss however.

Defence - not as worried as some here - excepting Bainesy hasn't got into the swing of things too much so far.
Attack - Jeli and Mirallas have looked good pre-season - that's at least something.

Midfield is a worry - especially if we do lose Felli right now. Suspect we're going to bolster things up by the weekend and start with 4-5-1 variant. I'm less worried by things as we can offset some of the problems with the new style being harder for the oppos to read. I'm hoping we can play well and dominate the (so-called) weaker sides.

We can’t lose Fellaini or Baines now because we won’t have time to replace them. It is practically impossible.

The evidence is here.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/228671.html
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6