606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo)

+28
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
The President
RhinoJagz
SouthernSmugToffee
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Michael Crosby S74
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Lumper
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Hinchcliffe Corner
Yankthattoffee
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Helenqu
Gravy & Chips
Mr_Ben
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
VenezuelaBlue
toffee_pies
Royal Blue Mersey
Dixie Land
32 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Empty Re: 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo)

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:45 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:He was superb. Really tricky and, best of all, there was an end product. Okay, it was a League One side, but you can't fault three assists.

I'm sure he'll frustrate us to fuck over the coming season but, if he can play like that every now and then, we'll scare a few opponents. The problem they'll have is who to double up on, him or Lukaku, or Barkley, or even Kev. When you've got more than one player capable of giving a defence headaches, you're in with a shout.

Pity our defence is so shit and our manager is a useless clown.

Changed the game didn't he! We were looking to give him the ball at every available opportunity also.

This is what we really missed from our attacking play last season! Pleased to have him back!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Empty Re: 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo)

Post  Tonteau Thu 05 Nov 2015, 12:15 pm

Been said before and will be said again, he doesn't always get it right, but what he does right is fantastic. That pass to lukaku was something else: https://streamable.com/cfdb
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 05 Nov 2015, 1:53 pm

Tonteau wrote:Been said before and will be said again, he doesn't always get it right, but what he does right is fantastic. That pass to lukaku was something else: https://streamable.com/cfdb

When you look at that - there is a germ of an idea, that Arouna who has better close ball control IMHO than Romeleu should be up front and laying off to an onrushing Romeleu and Foo-Foo playing more balls in front for him to run onto... because when he does that he is truly frightening...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 13 Nov 2015, 5:48 pm

great news or bad news

http://www.evertonpodcast.com/2015/11/12/deulofeu-in-fine-form-for-spain/

barca will be watching him, no doubt
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:30 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-everton-winger-gerard-deulofeu-10459660
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:03 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roberto-martinez-admits-everton-cannot-6863934?

So if I read this right apparently barca can buy him back for £6m next summer, however they can't then sell him for a year and once that's up and if they choose to sell him, we get first options on him and if he goes elsewhere we get a percentage of that. Not entirely sure how that all works, but it sounds good to me. Not sure how long they have an option on him for, though.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:22 am

Tonteau wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roberto-martinez-admits-everton-cannot-6863934?

So if I read this right apparently barca can buy him back for £6m next summer, however they can't then sell him for a year and once that's up and if they choose to sell him, we get first options on him and if he goes elsewhere we get a percentage of that. Not entirely sure how that all works, but it sounds good to me. Not sure how long they have an option on him for, though.

I think I read some time ago that they have an option at the end of this season at around £6m, and an option at the end of the 2016/17 season for around £9m.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

Martinez said: “They can’t do that. There are certain things in the deal. They can’t take him back in the winter so they can’t take him back in January. It can only be at the end of the season. It is 9million Euros for the first year and 12million Euros in the second year.
“If they take him back they can’t sell him for a season, so he has to stay in the first-team squad for a season.

“At the end of that if they decide to sell him we have got first rights of getting him back or we have got a big percentage of that deal. There is nothing we can do if they activate it.

“That was the deal and the only way we could access the player in the terms that we wanted. I’m delighted with the deal.”

Never seen anything like that before, but maybe other deals like this just didn't get publicised?

he added... "I would like to tell Barcelona that he's rubbish but they come to watch our games."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:08 pm

Whose place would he take in the current Barcelona team?

Suarez, Neymar or Messi?

None of them this season, or next season for sure. I don't blame Barcelona for having a buy back clause but he has done it fairly consistently for a couple of months now.

Remember how shite he was in the derby game. If he gives Everton 2 seasons of consistant top drawer performances I dont blame him for leaving for Barcelona.

He is not good enough for them yet, which is why he is at Everton.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:33 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Whose place would he take in the current Barcelona team?

Suarez, Neymar or Messi?

None of them this season, or next season for sure. I don't blame Barcelona for having a buy back clause but he has done it fairly consistently for a couple of months now.

Remember how shite he was in the derby game. If he gives Everton 2 seasons of consistant top drawer performances I dont blame him for leaving for Barcelona.

Agreed. I'd rather have him here on a weird contract that sees him leaving for less than he's worth in a couple of years time, than not have him here at all.

Hopefully he can fire us to PL glory in the meantime Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:06 pm

I think someone commented the same earlier, but what may well happen is Barca offer us to buy out the clause. Obviously being Everton, rather than pay an extra £3-4 mil, we let him sit on the bench at Barca for a year, then buy him back for an extra £6m.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:17 pm

Armchair wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Whose place would he take in the current Barcelona team?

Suarez, Neymar or Messi?

Agreed. I'd rather have him here on a weird contract that sees him leaving for less than he's worth in a couple of years time, than not have him here at all.

Just think of it as barca paying us £2m to have Deulofeu play for us Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Suarez, Neymar or Messi?

Just think of it as barca paying us £2m to have Deulofeu play for us Very Happy

They should really have chucked in Messi as a sweetner Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 23 Nov 2015, 12:50 pm

So how much would it cost for us to buy him out of his buy-back contract with Barca?
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 23 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:So how much would it cost for us to buy him out of his buy-back contract with Barca?

It depends if the buy back clause had a buy out sub clause, which allowed us to buy out the buy back clause.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 23 Nov 2015, 1:44 pm

I think we should assume he's short term. If he keeps up his form, he's going to want to go to one of the big boys either here or in Spain. If he doesn't keep up his form, then he'll be a bench warmer for us.

We're in a slightly tricky situation now. We have a handful of players who, if they hit form, are worth a lot of money and will want to play in the CL: Stones, Barkley, Foo and Luka. Unfortunately, we can only really keep them if they lose form, or if we finish top four (very unlikely).
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 23 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I think we should assume he's short term.  If he keeps up his form, he's going to want to go to one of the big boys either here or in Spain. If he doesn't keep up his form, then he'll be a bench warmer for us.

We're in a slightly tricky situation now.  We have a handful of players who, if they hit form, are worth a lot of money and will want to play in the CL: Stones, Barkley, Foo and Luka. Unfortunately, we can only really keep them if they lose form, or if we finish top four (very unlikely).
Yeah, pretty tricky.
I can see 2 of them gone in the summer.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 23 Nov 2015, 3:02 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:I think we should assume he's short term.  If he keeps up his form, he's going to want to go to one of the big boys either here or in Spain. If he doesn't keep up his form, then he'll be a bench warmer for us.

We're in a slightly tricky situation now.  We have a handful of players who, if they hit form, are worth a lot of money and will want to play in the CL: Stones, Barkley, Foo and Luka. Unfortunately, we can only really keep them if they lose form, or if we finish top four (very unlikely).
Yeah, pretty tricky.

Yes the media are awakening.... over the weekend everyone was raving about the Shoite and Spuds and with Chelsea's woes and Leicester etc and how tight it was all going to be... Paddy Barclay (a writer I do rate) then said something interesting... looking at Arse and their injuries, and look at Shoite/Spuds as first elevens they are strong, but when you look at the benches you see a difference. The group in the discussion then talked about Spam and Chelsea (and out of the blue - Barclay pipes up - Everton are well balanced and have a strong bench)...

I do not yet rule out a top four finish.

City - the title is theirs to lose, and probably United (not guaranteed) are the strongest candidates for CL. Arse will be there or thereabouts.... but the reality is with Shoite/Spuds/Spam/Palace/Southampton generally going well and Chelsea having to come from a long way back.... why would we not fancy our chances of two from seven for CL football. I still think that Klippety being manager does not make the Shoite players any better (potential/technique) - and I still like our first choice eleven against theirs. Two incidents of woeful defending undid us at Arsenal, we spanked Saints and Spuds/Palace are challenges we yet need to face.

I have always thought that with the brutal starting fixture list, these games up to Christmas would be the true bell weather. I do think that if we are in and around 5-7th at Christmas... I fancy us to push on ...

Forza Azzurri!

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 23 Nov 2015, 3:09 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Yeah, pretty tricky.

Yes the media are awakening.... over the weekend everyone was raving about the Shoite and Spuds and with Chelsea's woes and Leicester etc and how tight it was all going to be... Paddy Barclay (a writer I do rate) then said something interesting... looking at Arse and their injuries, and look at Shoite/Spuds as first elevens they are strong, but when you look at the benches you see a difference. The group in the discussion then talked about Spam and Chelsea (and out of the blue - Barclay pipes up - Everton are well balanced and have a strong bench)...

City - the title is theirs to lose, and probably United (not guaranteed) are the strongest candidates for CL. Arse will be there or thereabouts.... but the reality is with Shoite/Spuds/Spam/Palace/Southampton generally going well and Chelsea having to come from a long way back.... why would we not fancy our chances of two from seven for CL football. I still think that Klippety being manager does not make the Shoite players any better (potential/technique) - and I still like our first choice eleven against theirs. Two incidents of woeful defending undid us at Arsenal, we spanked Saints and Spuds/Palace are challenges we yet need to face.

I have always thought that with the brutal starting fixture list, these games up to Christmas would be the true bell weather. I do think that if we are in and around 5-7th at Christmas... I fancy us to push on ...

Forza Azzurri!

We drew with Spurs, but were second best.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 23 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Yeah, pretty tricky.

Forza Azzurri!

We drew with Spurs, but were second best.
..but we got City 6 weeks too early
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 06 Dec 2015, 1:39 am

Striker Gerard Deulofeu, 21, wants to stay at Everton beyond this season because of the positive influence manager Roberto Martinez is having on his career. (Mail on Sunday)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sun 06 Dec 2015, 9:18 am

The President wrote:Striker Gerard Deulofeu, 21, wants to stay at Everton beyond this season because of the positive influence manager Roberto Martinez is having on his career. (Mail on Sunday)

10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 06 Dec 2015, 1:18 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
The President wrote:Striker Gerard Deulofeu, 21, wants to stay at Everton beyond this season because of the positive influence manager Roberto Martinez is having on his career. (Mail on Sunday)

10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s 10. Gerard Deulofeu (hailed the new Ronaldo) - Page 11 Action-s

Lovely interview on Soccer Saturday yesterday. Looks genuinely pleased to be at the club and chuffed with the fans song about him. Big turn around from first few games of the season when he didn't get a look in. Now probably the first name on the team sheet.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 06 Dec 2015, 1:25 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:

Lovely interview on Soccer Saturday yesterday. Looks genuinely pleased to be at the club and chuffed with the fans song about him. Big turn around from first few games of the season when he didn't get a look in. Now probably the first name on the team sheet.
he's magic you know Very Happy

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 07 Dec 2015, 6:48 am

Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu, 21, is taking intensive English lessons in order to conduct all media interviews in his adopted language. (Liverpool Echo)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next