606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 10 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:leave... now !

Why, he'd only be known as someone who leaves when the going gets tough

Who would we get to replace him? Shit. Oh maybe Ronald Keoman on a risk part II
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 10 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Super Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:28 pm

+1
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:29 pm

Super wrote:

+1

and get who?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:30 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

and get who?
Who's the Wigan manager these days....?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

and get who?

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 10 Malky-10
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

and get who?

Exactly. People round here are pretty fickle.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:41 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

and get who?

I really tried so hard to support Martinez Mr B.. If I look back I was against him being appointed, but supported him to the hilt once he was.

I really have tried to like & support him... but this is beyond good wishes.. we will be relegated if this continues.. and I cannot see the next win.. our next few prem games are ... Citeh... Baggies with a new manager... away to Palace in a dog fight ... then the shite & Chavski...

we may get one point at Palace, but that's all I see there

we're in deep deep shit

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:46 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

and get who?

I really tried so hard to support Martinez Mr B.. If I look back I was against him being appointed, but supported him to the hilt once he was.

I really have tried to like & support him... but this is beyond good wishes.. we will be relegated if this continues.. and I cannot see the next win.. our next few prem games are ... Citeh... Baggies with a new manager... away to Palace in a dog fight ... then the shite & Chavski...

we may get one point at Palace, but that's all I see there

we're in deep deep shit

I just can't see who would change it around without dragging us into a 12-15th place team every season going forward.

We have the players, not the depth. Our defence is literally Jags and Stones or disaster. We need 2 new CBs to come in and step in.

I was skeptical on Martinez too but based on last season we played some amazing football. Home wins against Man U and Arsenal stand out massively.

It is clear this season our defence is a major issue.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 01 Jan 2015, 6:27 pm

Not very inspiring from Roberto,after match interview lacking blame-passion or ideas,I don't for one minute believe the players are not talking to Martinez , they are professional footballers, I would understand if theirs unrest within the team but, I would say it's more to do with Martinez. Style of play.

Martinez , are biggest positive is arouna Kones playing well.Martinez is arrogant to the point he will do it his way no matter what,relegation looms and nothing will change until Martinez goes or gets sacked.

Who else is out their that could save us?

We all want a Manager that isn't afraid to make decisions ,show passion and raise the spirit of both the players and fans,at the same time we want a straight laced manager who calls a spade a spade.

Slaven Bilic I believe is the man we should be looking at to lift up this club,will we get him ?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 01 Jan 2015, 8:43 pm

On the OS, we have this:

Martinez also explained that he will continue to rotate his team to regain a winning formula.

The Everton boss made five changes to the starting line-up from the side that was named against Newcastle United three days ago.

“I think we need to open up the competition for places,” he added. “We need to make sure that we allow the players to be on the pitch to take their opportunities.

“After four defeats in the league, everyone will have a chance and there will be an opportunity in training to play for places.

So, he's basically saying that we're shit, he doesn't know who to pick, and he doesn't know where to put them. Baines ending up in the holding midfield role in the second half, according to the OS, and against Newcastle he seemed to be playing a kind of left of midfield role. This is is mad bollocks. Baines is England's left-back. What other fucking club would take their best player and play him out of position? Baines is left back and needs a decent winger along side him, like Pienaar was. He could probably play left back with Garbutt in front him. Meawhile, Bobby has clearly dropped Luka for being shit. Luka has been shit. But why not change the style of play to suit Luka, putting the ball in front him not have him with his back to goal? Surely when you pay a whopping £28m for a striker, you kind of need to build the attacking play around him. It's like buying Messi and saying "brilliant to have you here Leo, how do you feel about playing as an old-fashioned target man, we'll bang in a load of high balls and you can get on the end of them"?

This man is full of shite. Sack Moyles. Now.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 01 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:On the OS, we have this:

Martinez also explained that he will continue to rotate his team to regain a winning formula.

The Everton boss made five changes to the starting line-up from the side that was named against Newcastle United three days ago.

“I think we need to open up the competition for places,” he added. “We need to make sure that we allow the players to be on the pitch to take their opportunities.

“After four defeats in the league, everyone will have a chance and there will be an opportunity in training to play for places.

So, he's basically saying that we're shit, he doesn't know who to pick, and he doesn't know where to put them.  Baines ending up in the holding midfield role in the second half, according to the OS, and against Newcastle he seemed to be playing a kind of left of midfield role.  This is is mad bollocks. Baines is England's left-back. What other fucking club would take their best player and play him out of position? Baines is left back and needs a decent winger along side him, like Pienaar was.  He could probably play left back with Garbutt in front him.  Meawhile, Bobby has clearly dropped Luka for being shit.  Luka has been shit.  But why not change the style of play to suit Luka, putting the ball in front him not have him with his back to goal? Surely when you pay a whopping £28m for a striker, you kind of need to build the attacking play around him.  It's like buying Messi and saying "brilliant to have you here Leo, how do you feel about playing as an old-fashioned target man, we'll bang in a load of high balls and you can get on the end of them"?

This man is full of shite.  Sack Moyles. Now.
The weakness in RM was the strength in DM. DM saw what players he had, and developed a tactic around that team. When were down to the bare bones, that's when he came into his own. I remember DM playing without a recognized striker and winning. RM clearly has a style of play, which may well suit Barca, but not with this squad.
What the hell is Eto'o on the bench for? Someone start coaching Barkley on how he used to play. Where is the creativity? How to defend!!!
I watched the last 30 minutes of the Spurs/Chavs game. Holy shyt, what a difference in pace, control, passion, ability, desire, on the part of both teams. We're in heavy catch-up mode, and now the season has gone to one of survival.
I trust BK to make the best decision for EFC.
There is clearly something within the ranks that's yet to come out.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 01 Jan 2015, 11:19 pm

ok, lets not get carried away... yet.

I know I was one of Boberto's biggest critics, and I still think that last season we had the benefit of a defence schooled by Moyes and an attack schooled by Martinez. However having said that, most of the goals we are shipping are straight from stupid mistakes or bad defending rather than Bobbyo's tactics.

My issue with Martinez is him buying shit players for the club, yes we can say McCarthy is good (although I'm still not a fan of him, he is a busy fucker and no mistake, but not a goodison great).

We have fucked up this season partly because Bobbyo wasted money / wages on Alcatraz, Kone, Robles, Atsu, McGeady, etc. They have diluted a great team and turned us into Wigan.

Another issue has been the failure to recruit youngsters, Distin, Barry, Pienaar, Kone, etc are all well past their sell by date. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but when combined with bringing in shit players its weakened the squad still further.

Another factor is that Bobbyo's first season at the club seemed to give him a bit of the Billy Big Ball syndrome that Rodgers had. He swanned off around Brazil, allowed the players to come back late, we were not up to speed at kick off and we've been playing catch up since.

On the whole though, even with the players we've got, we should be winning more games. The players heads are down and something is defo not right with them, but its probably not Bobbyo.

Going forward we need to make better buying decisions. I'm actually ok with Lukaku, not bothered about how much we paid for him, he needs the service to score and we've forgotten how to get that service to him.

We are defo seeing second season syndrome, but if we can get through this season without relegation then I reckon we'll be back closer to our best next season.

We've seen what Bobbys football can be like, its not great at the minute, but before we bring in Sam Allerdyce, I'd rather give Bobbyo the chance to find his magic again.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 01 Jan 2015, 11:45 pm

Has Sacko been exchanged for Robbie Savage? Robbie (or was it Sacko) just compared Bobby's record at Wigan with his record at Everton this season. We're going down with him in charge.

We are Wigan.

Sack him now.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 01 Jan 2015, 11:46 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Has Sacko been exchanged for Robbie Savage?  Robbie (or was it Sacko) just compared Bobby's record at Wigan with his record at Everton this season.  We're going down with him in charge.

We are Wigan.

Sack him now.
+1... Savage .. I mean Sacko .. knows his stuff..

we are wigan

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 02 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

I think the majot factor is that our dip in form and bad injury series have both coincided with a game every 2 or 3 days, so no time to get players well, and no time to fix things on the training ground
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Fri 02 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm

mindyerho? wrote:I think the majot factor is that our dip in form and bad injury series have both coincided with a game every 2 or 3 days, so no time to get players well, and no time to fix things on the training ground

And not having the same side for more than one game...... also having the gap of the size of the Sahara between our two centre halves.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 02 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:ok, lets not get carried away... yet.

I know I was one of Boberto's biggest critics, and I still think that last season we had the benefit of a defence schooled by Moyes and an attack schooled by Martinez.  However having said that, most of the goals we are shipping are straight from stupid mistakes or bad defending rather than Bobbyo's tactics.

My issue with Martinez is him buying shit players for the club, yes we can say McCarthy is good (although I'm still not a fan of him, he is a busy fucker and no mistake, but not a goodison great).

We have fucked up this season partly because Bobbyo wasted money / wages on Alcatraz, Kone, Robles, Atsu, McGeady, etc.  They have diluted a great team and turned us into Wigan.  

Another issue has been the failure to recruit youngsters, Distin, Barry, Pienaar, Kone, etc are all well past their sell by date.  This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but when combined with bringing in shit players its weakened the squad still further.

Another factor is that Bobbyo's first season at the club seemed to give him a bit of the Billy Big Ball syndrome that Rodgers had.  He swanned off around Brazil, allowed the players to come back late, we were not up to speed at kick off and we've been playing catch up since.

On the whole though, even with the players we've got, we should be winning more games.  The players heads are down and something is defo not right with them, but its probably not Bobbyo.

Going forward we need to make better buying decisions.  I'm actually ok with Lukaku, not bothered about how much we paid for him, he needs the service to score and we've forgotten how to get that service to him.

We are defo seeing second season syndrome, but if we can get through this season without relegation then I reckon we'll be back closer to our best next season.

We've seen what Bobbys football can be like, its not great at the minute, but before we bring in Sam Allerdyce, I'd rather give Bobbyo the chance to find his magic again.

My issue with McCarthy is he doesn't track back enough ,Martinez is to blame for the players lack of fitness ,poor preseason, now were still playing catch up fitness with average teams who are grinding out results. If Martinez has any balls get the squad off to Austria a few days and do some clearing of the air along with some team bonding, build a togetherness like last season.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 02 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

I know I was one of Boberto's biggest critics, and I still think that last season we had the benefit of a defence schooled by Moyes and an attack schooled by Martinez.  However having said that, most of the goals we are shipping are straight from stupid mistakes or bad defending rather than Bobbyo's tactics.

We have fucked up this season partly because Bobbyo wasted money / wages on Alcatraz, Kone, Robles, Atsu, McGeady, etc.  They have diluted a great team and turned us into Wigan.  

Another issue has been the failure to recruit youngsters, Distin, Barry, Pienaar, Kone, etc are all well past their sell by date.  This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but when combined with bringing in shit players its weakened the squad still further.

Another factor is that Bobbyo's first season at the club seemed to give him a bit of the Billy Big Ball syndrome that Rodgers had.  He swanned off around Brazil, allowed the players to come back late, we were not up to speed at kick off and we've been playing catch up since.

On the whole though, even with the players we've got, we should be winning more games.  The players heads are down and something is defo not right with them, but its probably not Bobbyo.

Going forward we need to make better buying decisions.  I'm actually ok with Lukaku, not bothered about how much we paid for him, he needs the service to score and we've forgotten how to get that service to him.

I agree with this. I also think the problem has been with his bad signings rather than his tactics. I would also add Gareth Barry to that list who looks like a disaster signing at 80k per week for 3 years!

The problem is the defence - which has led to loss of confidence elsewhere on the pitch. Attacking wise we are OK and still very capable of scoring goals. Ideally we need a new goalkeeper and 2 centre halves but I think at least one quality centre half would make the world of difference in January. We can get by with Howard for the rest of the season. Its seeing Distin and Alcatraz on the teamsheet which is doing the most damage to us at the moment. Thanks fuck - both of them are out of contract in the summer. Not sure how Martinez ever thought Alcacrap would be good enough to play for Everton!

The target for this season is now to get 40 points and make changes and the end of the summer. Im not sure if Martinez is the right man anymore but we should at least judge it properly at the end of the season.

I may be wrong but I believe Distin, Alcarez, Pienaar and Gibson are all out of contract in the summer. All of them should be released on expiry. We also need to get rid off Robles, Kone and Mcgeady for whatever we can get. We should also look for a new goalkeeper as Howard has had his time - time to move on. Begovic would be a great signing!

Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 02 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

I agree with this.   I also think the problem has been with his bad signings rather than his tactics.   I would also add Gareth Barry to that list who looks like a disaster signing at 80k per week for 3 years!

The problem is the defence - which has led to loss of confidence elsewhere on the pitch.   Attacking wise we are OK and still very capable of scoring goals.    Ideally we need a new goalkeeper and 2 centre halves but I think at least one quality centre half would make the world of difference in January.   We can get by with Howard for the rest of the season.   Its seeing Distin and Alcatraz on the teamsheet which is doing the most damage to us at the moment.   Thanks fuck - both of them are out of contract in the summer.   Not sure how Martinez ever thought Alcacrap would be good enough to play for Everton!

The target for this season is now to get 40 points and make changes and the end of the summer.   Im not sure if Martinez is the right man anymore but we should at least judge it properly at the end of the season.

I may be wrong but I believe Distin, Alcarez, Pienaar and Gibson are all out of contract in the summer.   All of them should be released on expiry.   We also need to get rid off Robles,  Kone and Mcgeady for whatever we can get.    We should also look for a new goalkeeper as Howard has had his time - time to move on.   Begovic would be a great signing!

A concern would be that we stumble our way through to the end of the season, Martinez keeps us up and sees it as a triumph, dumps the oldies and signs a load of shite again in the summer. And our best players leave.  My real concern is that we simply can't afford to sack Martinez cos he's on a long deal and it would cost millions to fuck him off.  

Either way, my gut feeling is that he's here for the foreseeable future. I'd like to think Bill has the bollocks to bin him off, but he clearly hasn't. The team looks fucking clueless, and that is entirely down to the manager.  There are obvious weaknesses in the squad, like Distin, Barry, Howard, Alcaraz, McGready, Atsu, Hibbert, Robles, Gibson, Pienaar, Osman, so surely the smart thing is to make it as solid as possible, allow your best players to play in their best position, and have a bit of a fucking plan B for when you have to play the shit players.  It's all very well him saying "we carry on playing the same way" but if we haven;t got the players to do it, you have to fucking change it a bit. SO not rocket science, SO fucking obvious.

He's making a cunt of himself, and of the club, pretending we can just play our way out of this hole.  As a manager, he's the equivalent of Distin fannying around in the left back position and passing it to McGeady, time after time after time.  Is nobody in the club big enough to suggest to Martinez that he's making a massive fucking horlicks of the whole situation, and that it is not a sign of weakness to sometimes adapt your playing style to fit the players you have - good and bad.

Look at Pulis - I'm not saying he's not a twat - but at Stoke he built a tank of a side, shit to watch, hard to play against, then at Palace he saw he had some decent ball players and did really well playing in a style to suit them.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm

https://twitter.com/hashtag/EFCvWHU?src=hash

Martinez Everton v West Spammers conference.

Martinez talks about James McCarthy unavailable against West Spam , But, both John Stones and Kevin Mirallas both available.

Martinez will only bring in a keeper if right one is available on long term contract.

Looks like a bleak transfer window for all us blues hoping for a few transfers.

The only consistency with Martinez is he's still a bull-shitter.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 05 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm

Meaning McCarthy is up for sale as the fuckwits won't offer him the contract he is after.

Watch Coleman not play either
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 05 Jan 2015, 5:45 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Meaning McCarthy is up for sale as the fuckwits won't offer him the contract he is after.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has insisted that none of his stars will be leaving the club during the transfer window, despite growing speculation among the media.

A host of Everton’s top players have been linked with moves away from the club, with others being quoted as saying they are looking for Champions League football elsewhere, but Martinez says that none of his players – including Ross Barkley – are leaving the club.

“All our best performers, even if they get lots of attention, no one is going to be going,” said Martinez.

“I really enjoy watching Ross, the way he develops in a daily basis and performs. You will always pay a good entrance fee to watch someone like him enjoying his football.”

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

Sefton wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Meaning McCarthy is up for sale as the fuckwits won't offer him the contract he is after.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has insisted that none of his stars will be leaving the club during the transfer window, despite growing speculation among the media.

A host of Everton’s top players have been linked with moves away from the club, with others being quoted as saying they are looking for Champions League football elsewhere, but Martinez says that none of his players – including Ross Barkley – are leaving the club.

“All our best performers, even if they get lots of attention, no one is going to be going,” said Martinez.

“I really enjoy watching Ross, the way he develops in a daily basis and performs. You will always pay a good entrance fee to watch someone like him enjoying his football.”

I don't think so. The lad has some issues this season.
Does he have a new agent?
He looks like he's playing for a transfer, like someone told him not to get injured. His pace, power, invention have all left him this season. He scored the QPR goal and none of his teammates looked bothered, and neither did he.
Or maybe it's all been too much for him, and he can't think quick enough for the modern game, and his mum bought his boots from TJ Hughes and didn't cut the string.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I don't think so. The lad has some issues this season.
Does he have a new agent?
He looks like he's playing for a transfer, like someone told him not to get injured. His pace, power, invention have all left him this season. He scored the QPR goal and none of his teammates looked bothered, and neither did he.
Or maybe it's all been too much for him, and he can't think quick enough for the modern game, and his mum bought his boots from TJ Hughes and didn't cut the string.
could be down to that fucking idiot woy.. telling him to stop being creative & exciting if he wants to play for Engerland... and learn to swan dive like ex-captain fucktastic

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 08 Jan 2015, 9:43 am

So Martinez press conference Everton v Man Citey has finished,

Baines to return, Alcaraz back from suspension so looks like Stones will be on the bench, affraid

Don't look like Martinez is bringing anyone in this window,
The man is arrogant to hell if he thinks this squad is good enough to bring success,
Why don't he just say we got no money.

Distin out a few weeks ,so looks like Martinez will go with Alcaraz . affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next