26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Bryan on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:39 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/07/stones-signs-new-deal

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Age : 41
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:02 pm

Bryan wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/07/stones-signs-new-deal
 cheers cheers Excellent news! It's really great to see we are tying up these youngsters on long term contracts.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68513
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 5:54 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bryan wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/07/stones-signs-new-deal
 cheers cheers Excellent news! It's really great to see we are tying up these youngsters on long term contracts.
+1
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Merseyblue on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 1:02 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bryan wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/07/stones-signs-new-deal
 cheers cheers Excellent news! It's really great to see we are tying up these youngsters on long term contracts.
+1
We've worked hard tying down the young lads to long term deals. Shows a real intend to those coming in but also means no-one is going anywhere for peanuts either. Roberto signing a long term deal was the catalyst for the others signing too  Very Happy 
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Age : 37
Location : Preston
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:43 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bryan wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/07/stones-signs-new-deal
 cheers cheers Excellent news! It's really great to see we are tying up these youngsters on long term contracts.
+1
We've worked hard tying down the young lads to long term deals. Shows a real intend to those coming in but also means no-one is going anywhere for peanuts either. Roberto signing a long term deal was the catalyst for the others signing too  Very Happy 
I think Stones is a future mega star .. I saw him against Manure & Cardiff last season & for a kid he was seriously impressive.. ok he makes a silly error each game that can cause a heart attack or a goal (he have that trained out of him btw) ... but he plays the ball well.. passes accurately & has good vision... he can fucking tackle too...

He'll learn, grow & become an established international IMO
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  SEFTON on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:00 am



Everton’s John Stones gets England call for Norway friendly


Agence France-Presse

September 3, 2014 Updated: September 3, 2014 12:32 PM

Everton’s 20-year-old defender John Stones will make his first England start in Wednesday’s friendly against Norway at Wembley Stadium, manager Roy Hodgson revealed on Tuesday.

Hodgson announced his starting line-up to a group of journalists at the team hotel in Watford, near London, and said that Stones, who has previously made two substitute appearances, would begin the game at right-back.

Joe Hart will start in goal, with Stones joined in defence by Everton teammate Leighton Baines at left-back and Gary Cahill and Phil Jones in the centre.

Jordan Henderson and Jack Wilshere start in central midfield, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Raheem Sterling on the flanks, while new captain Wayne Rooney is paired with Daniel Sturridge in attack.

“We have an interesting bench, some who can come in and play a part in the game, but that’s the team who will start and play a large part of the game,” Hodgson said.

Hodgson had earlier revealed that Newcastle United midfielder Jack Colback, one of four uncapped players in the squad, would miss the game after sustaining a knock on club duty.

Meanwhile, Danny Welbeck is a slight doubt after receiving a kick in training on Tuesday, a day after completing his move to Arsenal from Manchester United.

“Unfortunately in training today he did manage to receive a knock in the session,” Hodgson said.

“I have been assured he is OK and that it will not rule him out, but obviously I suppose it could happen.

“I would be very disappointed if he could not play tomorrow (Wednesday) because of what happened with the last kick of the session.”

England are using the game to prepare for their first 2016 European Championship qualifying match away to Switzerland on Monday.

England team to face Norway:

Joe Hart; John Stones, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines; Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wayne Rooney (capt), Raheem Sterling; Daniel Sturridge


Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/evertons-john-stones-gets-england-call-for-norway-friendly#ixzz3CF1lQtqI
Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:03 am

Good for him. Shame he's not been playing for us this season so will be short of match practice (which inevitably means he'll be fed to the wolves in the event that he makes a mistake) but hopefully he'll have a good game and show his class and also start the next game for us too.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  SEFTON on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:18 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Good for him. Shame he's not been playing for us this season so will be short of match practice (which inevitably means he'll be fed to the wolves in the event that he makes a mistake) but hopefully he'll have a good game and show his class and also start the next game for us too.


Point being BHE ,Its obvious to all and sundry, even the England Manager Roy Hodgson knows Jagielka needs a rest. cheers
This will help Stones with some much needed play time, Stones will love the big stage, can't see that he'll finish the whole match though.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:20 am

sefton wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Good for him. Shame he's not been playing for us this season so will be short of match practice (which inevitably means he'll be fed to the wolves in the event that he makes a mistake) but hopefully he'll have a good game and show his class and also start the next game for us too.


Point being BHE ,Its obvious to all and sundry, even the England Manager Roy Hodgson knows Jagielka needs a rest. cheers
This will help Stones with some much needed play time, Stones will love the big stage, can't see that he'll finish the whole match though.

As it's a friendly, I think Hodgson would still have chosen Stones anyway irrespective of Jags form just to give him experience. Like you, I hope Stones gets a run in our team now and Jags a bit of time out of the limelight.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  SEFTON on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:26 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
sefton wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Good for him. Shame he's not been playing for us this season so will be short of match practice (which inevitably means he'll be fed to the wolves in the event that he makes a mistake) but hopefully he'll have a good game and show his class and also start the next game for us too.


Point being BHE ,Its obvious to all and sundry, even the England Manager Roy Hodgson knows Jagielka needs a rest. cheers
This will help Stones with some much needed play time, Stones will love the big stage, can't see that he'll finish the whole match though.

As it's a friendly, I think Hodgson would still have chosen Stones anyway irrespective of Jags form just to give him experience. Like you, I hope Stones gets a run in our team now and Jags a bit of time out of the limelight.

Hopefully both players Stones & Jags will benefit. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:15 pm

Probably play him at right back, if Jones doesn't play there, and that is where he has had his worst games for us
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Age : 46
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:26 pm

The article states that he'll play RB. I'd like to see him in the centre, he had a bit of a mare when he played RB for us.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68513
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  tadpole on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 6:41 pm

I was thinking the same, why play him out of position

The Merseyside Derby must cross his mind!

Although it's good match practice, hope he has a good one and notches
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Age : 39
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Helenqu on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm

He has looked very good so far. Composed and skilful.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Age : 56
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  SEFTON on Thu 04 Sep 2014, 9:57 am

Helenqu wrote:He has looked very good so far. Composed and skilful.

He has, but, he needs more match time playing in his rightful position of centre-back and he will be fine.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:20 pm

INJURY UPDATE: Martinez reveals John Stones' injury requires surgery and expects the defender to be out for 10-14 weeks. More to follow.
1:09 PM - 9 Oct 2014

Mad Mad
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7250
Age : 58
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Super on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:29 pm

Everton and England defender John Stones may be out for the rest of 2014 after it was confirmed that he needs surgery on an ankle problem.

The 20-year-old was injured in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United on Sunday and is expected to be out for between 10 and 14 weeks.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36892
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

This season is turning into a write off! Knew we needed to sign another central defender this window. So thats our best defender, best midfielder and best winger now out for a minimum of 2 months! affraid
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  SEFTON on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:34 pm

I feel for the lad, just broken into both the Everton/England team, speedy recovery John.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  SEFTON on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:37 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:This season is turning into a write off!   Knew we needed to sign another central defender this window.   So thats our best defender, best midfielder and best winger now out for a minimum of 2 months! affraid

Tyias Browning needs to step up, Sylvan Distin needs to be fit pretty sharpish.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

POLLYANNA wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:This season is turning into a write off!   Knew we needed to sign another central defender this window.   So thats our best defender, best midfielder and best winger now out for a minimum of 2 months! affraid

Tyias Browning needs to step up, Sylvan Distin needs to be fit pretty sharpish.

Browning is a right back though. I don't rate Alcarez at all and Distin looks like he's pretty much finished. Central defence worried me before Stones got injured!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
POLLYANNA wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:This season is turning into a write off!   Knew we needed to sign another central defender this window.   So thats our best defender, best midfielder and best winger now out for a minimum of 2 months! affraid

Tyias Browning needs to step up, Sylvan Distin needs to be fit pretty sharpish.

Browning is a right back though.   I don't rate Alcarez at all and Distin looks like he's pretty much finished.   Central defence worried me before Stones got injured!

HIBBO!!!!!! cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6348
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 2:24 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
POLLYANNA wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:This season is turning into a write off!   Knew we needed to sign another central defender this window.   So thats our best defender, best midfielder and best winger now out for a minimum of 2 months! affraid

Tyias Browning needs to step up, Sylvan Distin needs to be fit pretty sharpish.

Browning is a right back though.   I don't rate Alcarez at all and Distin looks like he's pretty much finished.   Central defence worried me before Stones got injured!

HIBBO!!!!!!  cheers

Can someone please pass me a coat hanger and some rope! affraid
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Tonteau on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 2:27 pm

Fuck.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Armchair on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 2:30 pm

Bugger.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19738
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out! - Page 4 Empty Re: 26. John Stones - Pirlo eat your heart out!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum