11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 12 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:07 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:What is it with Mirallas being subbed after 60-70 mins in every game?

I can only think there is still some question mark over his fitness as he is always a threat for us.
He wasn't at his best today at all.
I agree Helen.

It is a real surprise to me as I thought he would flourish under Martinez's tactics. I would have liked to have seen Deulofeu come on for us today to see what he can do rather than Naismith who will always give 100% but never produce too much.
If there is such a thing as over-preparing for a game, that may have been the case today with us in general, together with Gingertosspot's arsing about with 3 and 25 kind of hurt us all round. Too big a build up.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6352
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 12 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:51 pm

Martinez has been talking about the impact Mirallas had when he was pushed up front against Chelsea after Jeli came off. It's interesting because, when we've been defending a lead in the past, we've ended up falling deeper and deeper and not really having an out-ball because we've got no pace up front. This definitely gives us a better option if we are a goal up against one of the money clubs. Pull the striker, and push Mirallas up front, and his pace will create at least one decent chance every time to put the game to bed.

Nice to think we may not be as one-dimensional as we have been in the past. We gave away so many leads under Moyes through a lack of ambition - or a lack of pace up front perhaps.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 4:18 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Martinez has been talking about the impact Mirallas had when he was pushed up front against Chelsea after Jeli came off.  It's interesting because, when we've been defending a lead in the past, we've ended up falling deeper and deeper and not really having an out-ball because we've got no pace up front.  This definitely gives us a better option if we are a goal up against one of the money clubs.  Pull the striker, and push Mirallas up front, and his pace will create at least one decent chance every time to put the game to bed.

Nice to think we may not be as one-dimensional as we have been in the past.  We gave away so many leads under Moyes through a lack of ambition - or a lack of pace up front perhaps.
You would hope that if Lukaku plays up top we'd have that pace up top, plus the strength top hold it up and let the defence push out a lot more.
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

exciting times to be an evertonian me thinks Very Happy 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7250

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24395063
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24395063
We have invested millions....just not of our own money. Lukaku, Deafulowwweouu and Barry are easily worth £40/£50m between them
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:47 pm

This is a bit of a hmmmmmm....

"It was a good choice coming here. I wasn't ready to go to a club like Arsenal. What they're doing here is really good and I'm enjoying being part of it. Everton really, really wanted me and did everything they could to get me. I'm really happy here."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:This is a bit of a hmmmmmm....

"It was a good choice coming here. I wasn't ready to go to a club like Arsenal. What they're doing here is really good and I'm enjoying being part of it. Everton really, really wanted me and did everything they could to get me. I'm really happy here."
Arsenal and redshite fans weren't too happy when we got him. I'm glad he picked us.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm

Message to Kev - fucking pass the ball when someone is better placed than you. That is all. Pretty simple really.

Number of posts : 13152
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:00 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Message to Kev - fucking pass the ball when someone is better placed than you. That is all. Pretty simple really.

Think there's a few who could do with that message. Deulofeu being the most obvious, but Barkley's decision making can be suspect at times.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:23 am

Tonteau wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Message to Kev - fucking pass the ball when someone is better placed than you. That is all. Pretty simple really.

Think there's a few who could do with that message. Deulofeu being the most obvious, but Barkley's decision making can be suspect at times.

said that to myself after about 20 minutes. Kev has picked up the bad bits of Foofoo's thing. He's fearless as ever but also tunnel visioned.

don't care though, I'm loving our footie.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:58 am

mindyerho? wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

said that to myself after about 20 minutes. Kev has picked up the bad bits of Foofoo's thing. He's fearless as ever but also tunnel visioned.

don't care though, I'm loving our footie.
frustrating as it can be, the obvious one yesterday when Luka was free... I hope he stays greedy... great goalscorers are greedy... Ronaldo for example is fucking infuriating if you watch him when he's near goal
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:32 pm

Has to be Kevin up front now doesn't it? The alternatives are Naismith (hahahahhahahah please god no), the Greek lad who won't go out on loan, or the black Peter Crouch and his dodgy hamstring.

I think Kevin in front of Barkley is much better suited to our style of play anyway. McGeady can come in on the right, Foofoo coming on from the bench when Tubby McGreedy runs out of pies puff, and - in a week or two anyway - we could shape up like this:

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McGreedy Barry McCarthy Pienaar
Barkley
Mirallas

bench: Robles, Foofoo, Crouch, Ossie, Stones, Nais

That would do me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we won every game with that lot and made a late challenge for the FA Cup, Champions League, World Cup and Grand National.

COYB!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 7:35 am

He looked back to his best last night. The only real positive from the game.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19740
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:00 pm

Strange but last night I was actually willing him to be more greedy. Probably cause he looked like the only one capable of getting near the goal.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3660
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 3:51 pm

Out for the rest of the season.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36898
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Super wrote:Out for the rest of the season.
WTF... why ....  affraid affraid 

he was brilliant on Sunday & seemed ok at the end

Is his World Cup gone as well ??? No 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

Everton forward Kevin Mirallas will miss the remaining three games of the season with a groin injury.
The Belgium international limped off at the very end of Sunday's win over Manchester United, after scoring the Blues' second goal shortly before half-time.
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7250

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

@Everton: Roberto has just confirmed Kevin Mirallas will miss the rest of the season with a groin injury. #EFC
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36898
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:11 pm

Bugger. I thought he was excellent on Sunday.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3660
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:20 pm

Arse. Still, FooFoo isn't a bad replacement. And McGeady isn't a bad replacement for FooFoo.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19740
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:22 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Arse. Still, FooFoo isn't a bad replacement. And McGeady isn't a bad replacement for FooFoo.
It would have been Foofoo's turn anyway.  Rolling Eyes 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:28 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Bugger. I thought he was excellent on Sunday.

He's been excellent in patches this season. But the last 3-4 games he's been really good.

Deulofeu is no real substitute. Get McGeady on.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:42 pm

Super wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

@Everton: Roberto has just confirmed Kevin Mirallas will miss the rest of the season with a groin injury. #EFC

Nooooo, he had his best game against Utd didn't he? That's a fucking big miss, the way he was starting to link up with Coleman.

Typical really. I'm not saying the Shite are going to win the PL because of luck, but it really does help if you can keep all your key players fit for the majority of the season. Citteh have probably lost the title cos of injuries, despite having one of the best squads in the country.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:42 pm

...and Foofoo is a waste of space until he learn how to pass or shoot or both.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next