11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 11 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 23:00

Well lets just hope we get full transparency with the outcome.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-23

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 11 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Tonteau on Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 13:06

He's good, Mirallas. Really good. Can't remember the last time we had a player who would take people on, turn them inside out and shoot on the run. Rooney? Kanchelskis?

Really good buy. Just hope he gets a run till the end of the season and stays fit in pre-season.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:10

Tonteau wrote:He's good, Mirallas. Really good. Can't remember the last time we had a player who would take people on, turn them inside out and shoot on the run. Rooney? Kanchelskis?

Really good buy. Just hope he gets a run till the end of the season and stays fit in pre-season.

Only saw the MOTD2 highlights yesterday and I was surprised they didn't talk about his goal. It was sensayshunal as the twat Hanson should have said. In my dreams he'll do that against the Shite to grab us the 3 points. How good would that be?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips on Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 14:15

Yeah but he's shite at defending corners....fuck him off Moyesy
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 11:37

Came across this story today thought it might answer some questions about Mirallas that some have either questioned Moyes for not given the lad a full game.

DAVID MOYES insists Kevin Mirallas must toughen up and push his body through the pain barrier for Everton FC’s cause.

The skilful Belgian has scored in three of the Toffees’ last four Premier League games to keep their outside chances of a top four finish alive.

But he continues to be hampered by a succession of niggly injuries, which have occasionally prompted the 25-year-old to signal to the bench that he wants to come off, so Moyes wants the Belgium to Man Up!

He said: “He’s had a lot of niggles. He’s nearly not quite adapted to what the Premier League means and how the games go.

“I look at him and he’s signalling to me with 15 minutes to go – so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League.

“What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions.
“But we’re finding that we’re getting 60 or 70 minutes into games and thinking will he keep going? Will he pick up an injury? Will he lose concentration?

“His ability is not in question but there are a lot of players who can take time to get used to the Premier League.”

Moyes accepts that Mirallas’ period on the sidelines with a persistent hamstring complaint earlier in the season have set back his transition from Greek football to the rigours of the English top flight.

“He missed three months through the middle, so he’s had a bit at the start and now at the end,” he said. “So maybe he’s not quite got up to match speed all the time and we may have to deal with it to the end of the season.”

The Blues boss is confident that with time the toughness of Mirallas’ team-mates will rub off on him.

He said: “When you stay at Everton for a time it gets you used to it. Look at how Marouane Fellaini has recently played with injuries, look at Phil Jagielka and Tim Howard.

“That mentality grows on you when you have been here a while, so when you’re new to it maybe he’s not aware that’s what you do at Everton.

“Because we don’t have the numbers, or in some cases the quality at times, when we can say ‘Don’t worry you can come out because we’ve got someone to replace you’.

“We need people to play in two or three positions which he can do – but quite often you have to go out there when you’re not always at 100 per cent.”
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9799
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 13:16

SEFTON wrote:Came across this story today thought it might answer some questions about Mirallas that some have either questioned Moyes for not given the lad a full game.

DAVID MOYES insists Kevin Mirallas must toughen up and push his body through the pain barrier for Everton FC’s cause.

The skilful Belgian has scored in three of the Toffees’ last four Premier League games to keep their outside chances of a top four finish alive.

But he continues to be hampered by a succession of niggly injuries, which have occasionally prompted the 25-year-old to signal to the bench that he wants to come off, so Moyes wants the Belgium to Man Up!

He said: “He’s had a lot of niggles. He’s nearly not quite adapted to what the Premier League means and how the games go.

“I look at him and he’s signalling to me with 15 minutes to go – so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League.

“What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions.
“But we’re finding that we’re getting 60 or 70 minutes into games and thinking will he keep going? Will he pick up an injury? Will he lose concentration?

“His ability is not in question but there are a lot of players who can take time to get used to the Premier League.”

Moyes accepts that Mirallas’ period on the sidelines with a persistent hamstring complaint earlier in the season have set back his transition from Greek football to the rigours of the English top flight.

“He missed three months through the middle, so he’s had a bit at the start and now at the end,” he said. “So maybe he’s not quite got up to match speed all the time and we may have to deal with it to the end of the season.”

The Blues boss is confident that with time the toughness of Mirallas’ team-mates will rub off on him.

He said: “When you stay at Everton for a time it gets you used to it. Look at how Marouane Fellaini has recently played with injuries, look at Phil Jagielka and Tim Howard.

“That mentality grows on you when you have been here a while, so when you’re new to it maybe he’s not aware that’s what you do at Everton.

“Because we don’t have the numbers, or in some cases the quality at times, when we can say ‘Don’t worry you can come out because we’ve got someone to replace you’.

“We need people to play in two or three positions which he can do – but quite often you have to go out there when you’re not always at 100 per cent.”

Are they old comments? They seem pretty bizzarre statements. If he's got niggles, then fair enough, give him some rest. But it takes time to adapt from the greek league the premier league and to suggest he's not got what it takes is daft. Plus players shouldn't have to play through injuries, it's not good for them. We need to get in better conditioning coaches if this is happenning a lot.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 13:30

Unfortunately that's from today's Echo I think. Moyes is either playing mind games, or he's been misquoted, or he's telling us that Mirallas ain't going to fucking make it.

Absolutely gutted. I'd like to think it's Moyes being a twat, but to be fair to Davey, he sees what goes on day in day out at Everton. On the other hand you could say this is typical fucking Moyes - basically telling a flair player he's shit because he won't spend 90% of his energy chasing down the opposition in midfield. Surely we can afford one player like Mirallas in the team, just for the moments of sheer brilliance? Otherwise it's going to be fucking painful watching the blues next season.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:01

Anichebe used to think he was injured when he wasn't apparantly, he has come on loads this season although on Sunday I saw his brittle confidence creeping back.

I think Moyes has been slightly misquoted, but take someone like Cahill who would run through a brick wall for Everton and play with an injury after a flight back from Australia, Mirallas isn't like that, I doubt he would expect him to be EXACTLY like that, but he doesn't want him being soft either.

Not a negative story IMO.

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:59

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Anichebe used to think he was injured when he wasn't apparantly, he has come on loads this season although on Sunday I saw his brittle confidence creeping back.

I think Moyes has been slightly misquoted, but take someone like Cahill who would run through a brick wall for Everton and play with an injury after a flight back from Australia, Mirallas isn't like that, I doubt he would expect him to be EXACTLY like that, but he doesn't want him being soft either.

when a manager publicly states: "maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League", I'm not sure how you can see that as anything other than negative to be honest. I'm trying to recall seeing such a damning quote about a current first team player from any manager in the country, ever.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 15:21

hairy cataract wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Anichebe used to think he was injured when he wasn't apparantly, he has come on loads this season although on Sunday I saw his brittle confidence creeping back.

when a manager publicly states: "maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League", I'm not sure how you can see that as anything other than negative to be honest. I'm trying to recall seeing such a damning quote about a current first team player from any manager in the country, ever.

Yeah, that's what I found most bizarre, especially when he's quite obviously exactly what is required at Everton. A pacey, skillfull player who can go past a man and score a goal or make a chance out of nothing. We've had what, 2 of them in the last 20 years or so? I've had a bit too much of players who would run through a brick wall but not actually be good enough when it mattered.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 15:24

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Yeah, that's what I found most bizarre, especially when he's quite obviously exactly what is required at Everton. A pacey, skillfull player who can go past a man and score a goal or make a chance out of nothing. We've had what, 2 of them in the last 20 years or so? I've had a bit too much of players who would run through a brick wall but not actually be good enough when it mattered.

Starting to think that it is Moyes who hasn't got what's requires at Everton or the Premier League. Can you imagine him taking over at Chelsea and telling Hazard and Mata that they haven't got what it takes?
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 15:51

Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Starting to think that it is Moyes who hasn't got what's requires at Everton or the Premier League. Can you imagine him taking over at Chelsea and telling Hazard and Mata that they haven't got what it takes?
Time for a swap I think, where Moyes goes to Chelsea and we get Mata and Eden in return.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68395

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Perpetual Motion on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 16:19

"so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League".

When I read that I thought he meant "doesn't quite understand what's required" rather than not having what it takes.

If I had heard the interview instead of reading it, maybe my view would be different.
Mr Perpetual Motion
Mr Perpetual Motion

Number of posts : 1209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 16:44

Just pump Mirallas full of painkillers like we did with Michael Ball.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19699
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 16:49

Mr Perpetual Motion wrote:"so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League".

When I read that I thought he meant "doesn't quite understand what's required" rather than not having what it takes.

If I had heard the interview instead of reading it, maybe my view would be different.

Yes, I see what you mean. Still a weird thing to say about a player who is lighting up the team at the moment.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 17:15

hairy cataract wrote:
Mr Perpetual Motion wrote:"so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League".

Yes, I see what you mean. Still a weird thing to say about a player who is lighting up the team at the moment.

Boo! I want to be outraged.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 17:19

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I agree. I'm feeling very resentful towards Mr Perp Motion now, the fucking smug smart-arsed reasonable person.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 17:26

SEFTON wrote:Came across this story today thought it might answer some questions about Mirallas that some have either questioned Moyes for not given the lad a full game.

Bit of a gee-up for Kevin there.
I'll take 75 minutes of his good stuff though.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 21:27

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Bit of a gee-up for Kevin there.
I'll take 75 minutes of his good stuff though.
But then Nais comes off the bench....

Give Oviedo a run out instead I sayeth!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68395

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Perpetual Motion on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 11:19

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I agree. I'm feeling very resentful towards Mr Perp Motion now, the fucking smug smart-arsed reasonable person.

Bless you Hairy - I come in peace. Very Happy
Mr Perpetual Motion
Mr Perpetual Motion

Number of posts : 1209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 11:21

Mr Perpetual Motion wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Bless you Hairy - I come in peace. Very Happy

That's what they all say before they give you those little red pills and make you lie down in a dark room for a while 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 11 273473
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 22:38

Everton forward Kevin Mirallas has cast doubt over his future at Goodison Park by admitting that he wants to play for a Spanish club.

The 25-year-old has had an inconsistent season with the Toffees due to injury since moving to the Merseyside outfit last year.

"My roots make me want to go and play in Spain," The Express quotes Mirallas as saying. "And I will play for Standard Liege one day, no matter what."

Source: Sports Mole
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7240

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 19:16

What is it with Mirallas being subbed after 60-70 mins in every game?

I can only think there is still some question mark over his fitness as he is always a threat for us.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 19:32

Dixie Land wrote:What is it with Mirallas being subbed after 60-70 mins in every game?

I can only think there is still some question mark over his fitness as he is always a threat for us.
He wasn't at his best today at all.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 19:35

Helenqu wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:What is it with Mirallas being subbed after 60-70 mins in every game?

He wasn't at his best today at all.
I agree Helen.

It is a real surprise to me as I thought he would flourish under Martinez's tactics. I would have liked to have seen Deulofeu come on for us today to see what he can do rather than Naismith who will always give 100% but never produce too much.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next