11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 8 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Armchair on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:33 pm

Lumper wrote:11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 8 Mirallas

Nasty. I don't think that challenge, or the one on Distin, were straight reds but they were definitely yellows and Suarez should have walked.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19740
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 8 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  SEFTON on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

Lumper wrote:11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 8 Mirallas

That B*stard stamped on Mirallas instep,so its possible he could be out a few games. affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9819
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

SEFTON wrote:11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 8 Kevinm10

There has been a lot of talk about the extent of the injury suffered by Kevin Mirallas in yesterdays Merseyside Derby, with some people saying he could be out for a while. There has been no news as of yet from Everton but there is a lot of speculation that he has suffered a broken bone in his foot lets hope this is not true.

I for one think that had Mirallas stayed on the pitch yesterday then we would of went on to win the game as he was bullying the Liverpool defence the last 20 minutes of the 1st half.

But onto that tackle that caused the damage, I have had another few looks at it and to me it is a disgraceful challenge from a disgraceful player. The fact that Suarez was still on the pitch after ninety minutes is beyond me so yes he did score a perfectly legitimate goal at the end and most will call it a bad decision from the linesman but to me he was lucky to still be on the pitch.

Main extract from a letter I've sent to Big Ted. I may write to Gordon Taylor too. With this amount of time on your hands, you find yourself doing a Victor Meldrew at a moments notice.
I'm a Utilities company nightmare.
Dear BR,
There are bandwagons, and there are just causes.
The talk has been continuous about Luis Suarez, and the derby on Sunday highlighted it all.
The man is blessed with a gift. His cut inside, and along the byline is a trademark, all of his own. Defenders clearly lose their ability to tackle as soon as he attacks them. He has a special footballing ability. You know there is a 'but' coming don't you?
Sadly, Mr. Suarez, once again, tried to ruin the derby occasion. Last year it was the 'Rodwell Incident'. This time with 'a job' he did on Mirallas and Distin. The Miralles foot-stomp was mostly overlooked by the pundits, but should have been highlighted. Why is your only striker suddenly at right-back, near the flag, as he 'does' Millalas? Can I suggest that Mirallas had suddenly posed a threat, and Mr. Suarez decided to 'do him' in the old fashioned Zingari League style. His later rake down Distin's achilles was, in the words of people around me at the game, 'snidey'. Anyone who has played football to a reasonable amateur level, knows exactly what his motives were, and exactly what he did, on both occasions. Nobody likes a snide. For a professional in any walk of life, to deliberately go out to hurt a fellow professional is appaling. Both incidents were at least yellows and should therefore have been off the field when he 'scored' at the end. So I see that as a case for 'cheats don't prosper' and other euphemisms for being a sleight to the name of Liverpool FC.
Maybe there is some poetic justice in him having his 'goal' disallowed, following his usual shananigans.
Your club's reputation is global. Your club will ultimately suffer as as result.
The way a team plays, and behaves, reflects on the manager. We expected this under Kenny Dalgleish, but under your tutelage, and following the Being; Liverpool, and the He-Ain't-Heavy surge of both emotion and pride in our city, I expected something better from you.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6352
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:40 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Nasty. I don't think that challenge, or the one on Distin, were straight reds but they were definitely yellows and Suarez should have walked.

Armchair,look at that F*ckers head,suarez is looking down and knew exactly what he was going to do to Mirallas,that was no accident or yellow card,
STRAIGHT RED FOR ME.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Perpetual Motion on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

When I saw it at the match I just though Mirallas had sold him by checking back and was just unfortunate.
Now that I see this clip - and because it's Suarez - it looks deliberate.

The Distin one was the worst challenge of the day in my book.
Mr Perpetual Motion
Mr Perpetual Motion

Number of posts : 1209
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

Mr Perpetual Motion wrote:

When I saw it at the match I just though Mirallas had sold him by checking back and was just unfortunate.

I've just put a gif of that challenge in the match thread.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 5:16 pm

Lumper wrote:

I've sent them both to Gordon Taylor.

BTW, there is a youtube of him doing exactly the same thing to Kompany, but added a leap and twist to try and gain a free kick as well. Utter human garbage.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:

I've sent them both to Gordon Taylor.

Nice one yankthetoffee.its likely Mirallas will be sidelined(how long no one knows yet)just wondered if ''dizzy'' is sidelined? will Everton manager David Moyes write a letter of complaint against Saurez to the FA diceplinary board?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 6:13 pm

Couldn't agree more. He's a first class turd and the sooner he leaves the English shores, the better. I can't recall ever hating a player like I hate him.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68516

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 6:59 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Couldn't agree more. He's a first class turd and the sooner he leaves the English shores, the better. I can't recall ever hating a player like I hate him.
but the Gobshytes love him.
says it all really.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

says it all really.

I noticed how much longer his stride after contact was to help in the stumble afterwards

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8861
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 7:47 pm

Uwist61 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

says it all really.

I noticed how much longer his stride after contact was to help in the stumble afterwards
He did Kompany in exactly the same way last year, but followed it with a more dramatic fall. I think Kompany carried on relatively unscathed.
he really is a loathsome piece of dirt on my shoe.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 9:56 pm

Should be okay for the weekend. Gibson still out.... Suspect

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:51 pm

Bryan wrote:Should be okay for the weekend. Gibson still out.... Suspect
the Gibson thing is elongated, but Mirallas is OK?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 9:43 pm

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/everton/everton-ace-set-to-return-sooner-than-first-thought

Everton fans will be relieved following news that injured Belgium international Kevin Mirallas will be available much sooner than first thought, and could even start when the Toffees take on Fulham at Craven Cottage in the Premier League this weekend.

The creative winger was taken off at half time during the Merseyside derby on Sunday after picking up a knock from a stern tackle by Liverpool’s Luis Suarez. Blues boss David Moyes was concerned that Mirallas could be out for up to a month with ligament damage.

This morning however, it was announced that the Belgian’s injury is not as bad as initially predicted, following a scan by the club’s medical team.

The 25-year-old has been in good form since joining from Olympiacos for £6million in the summer, contributing one assist and one goal to the Toffees’ cause.

Steven Naismith, who scored Everton’s second goal against Liverpool at the weekend, told reporters he was impressed with Mirallas first half performance in the Mersey derby.

“Kevin was our main direct threat in the derby in terms of driving at defenders and it showed with the amount of chances he was creating for himself and others” said the Scottish forward.

“Losing him at half-time in the game was a blow, but Liverpool changed their system in the second half as well and it became a bit scrappy with a lot of fouls – the game kept getting stopped which didn’t help.

“Looking back, there was some great play from us too – switching sides and with Kevin being a massive threat creating chances.”

Steven Pienaar will also be available for selection after serving a one-match suspension, meaning the Everton midfield will be at full force against Fulham with the exception of Darron Gibson who is currently sidelined with a thigh injury.
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/everton/everton-ace-set-to-return-sooner-than-first-thought

Everton fans will be relieved following news that injured Belgium international Kevin Mirallas will be available much sooner than first thought, and could even start when the Toffees take on Fulham at Craven Cottage in the Premier League this weekend.

The creative winger was taken off at half time during the Merseyside derby on Sunday after picking up a knock from a stern tackle by Liverpool’s Luis Suarez. Blues boss David Moyes was concerned that Mirallas could be out for up to a month with ligament damage.

This morning however, it was announced that the Belgian’s injury is not as bad as initially predicted, following a scan by the club’s medical team.

The 25-year-old has been in good form since joining from Olympiacos for £6million in the summer, contributing one assist and one goal to the Toffees’ cause.

Steven Naismith, who scored Everton’s second goal against Liverpool at the weekend, told reporters he was impressed with Mirallas first half performance in the Mersey derby.

“Kevin was our main direct threat in the derby in terms of driving at defenders and it showed with the amount of chances he was creating for himself and others” said the Scottish forward.

“Losing him at half-time in the game was a blow, but Liverpool changed their system in the second half as well and it became a bit scrappy with a lot of fouls – the game kept getting stopped which didn’t help.

“Looking back, there was some great play from us too – switching sides and with Kevin being a massive threat creating chances.”

Steven Pienaar will also be available for selection after serving a one-match suspension, meaning the Everton midfield will be at full force against Fulham with the exception of Darron Gibson who is currently sidelined with a thigh injury.

Good news as I think he is quality. I think we have yet to see the best of him and he is looking cracking value for the price we paid. Fear for Gibson though as he reminds me so much of Joe Parkinson.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

he is epic
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 6:20 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:he is epic

yep, good game today
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

Really glad about how wrong I was after my initial 1 game snap judgement. Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:17 pm

he still need to pass the fucking ball!!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:47 am

fatboblatch wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:he is epic

yep, good game today

Been very good in the last few games. Sorted out Right Winger problem we have had since Kanchelskis left.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:25 am

Any news on his injury?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:56 am

I read somewhere that he'll have a scan today.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I read somewhere that he'll have a scan today.

He got injured taking the scan
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:33 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I read somewhere that he'll have a scan today.

He got injured taking the scan

The scan ran 80 yards to kick his standing leg. Bastard.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next