11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 7 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 25 Aug 2012, 6:28 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton manager David Moyes has told fans not to expect too much too soon from Kevin Mirallas. "We've got to let him settle in, but we are really pleased to have him," he said.

Was much the same with Jelavic. He hardly played in the first six weeks we had him.
He was injured a bit at first too though, wasn't he?

You are right Thor.

Moyes took ages to let Baines and Jagielka bed in though so it is no surprise he wants to take his time over Mirallas. I expect him to come off the bench for the next couple of games and then begin to get some starts.

Promising, I thought.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 7 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 25 Aug 2012, 6:47 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton manager David Moyes has told fans not to expect too much too soon from Kevin Mirallas. "We've got to let him settle in, but we are really pleased to have him," he said.

Was much the same with Jelavic. He hardly played in the first six weeks we had him.
He was injured a bit at first too though, wasn't he?

You are right Thor.

Moyes took ages to let Baines and Jagielka bed in though so it is no surprise he wants to take his time over Mirallas. I expect him to come off the bench for the next couple of games and then begin to get some starts.

Promising, I thought.

Definitely mate. He looked to be able to play with either foot and looked very positive. I think he will be a hit at Goodison. I was also impressed with Naismith in his first start. He linked up the play very well and has an eye for a pass. The future looks bright.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:50 pm

NEEDS TO PASS THE BALL!!!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:NEEDS TO PASS THE BALL!!!

on the contrary.. nice to see someone attack and shoot at goal.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3660
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:40 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

This twat is going to wind me up something rotten. Rate's his shot way, way, way too high. This isn't Leyton Orient or the pissing Greek league. Mad
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:50 am

and so say all of us, and so say all of us.......
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6352
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:30 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Time and a place.

Its all about decision making, certainly on one occasion he opted to hit one on his left peg, when he should of rolled to Jelly. Equally he hit a couple decent punts from distance.
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

tadpole wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Time and a place.

Its all about decision making, certainly on one occasion he opted to hit one on his left peg, when he should of rolled to Jelly. Equally he hit a couple decent punts from distance.

Likewise Pienaar should have passed to Osman. Might have sealed the victory if he had.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 2:38 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

This twat is going to wind me up something rotten. Rate's his shot way, way, way too high. This isn't Leyton Orient or the pissing Greek league. Mad

Yep I guess so. It was his 4th appearance. He should be on the same wave length as the rest by now. I'm sure Moyes will have a word and stamp that attacking instinct out of him sharpish though. Wink
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 3:05 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Yep I guess so. It was his 4th appearance. He should be on the same wave length as the rest by now. I'm sure Moyes will have a word and stamp that attacking instinct out of him sharpish though. Wink

Laughing

There is a balance to achieve. It's great that he looks to take players on and have a shot. On the other hand, if he has his back to goal and is surrounded by defenders, he should probably lay it off to another player rather than try and turn and shot like he did last night.

So in summary, sell Fellaini and play Mirallas as a defensive midfielder with Pip up front.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19740
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 3:16 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Laughing

There is a balance to achieve. It's great that he looks to take players on and have a shot. On the other hand, if he has his back to goal and is surrounded by defenders, he should probably lay it off to another player rather than try and turn and shot like he did last night.

So in summary, sell Fellaini and play Mirallas as a defensive midfielder with Pip up front.

I understand your point but give him chance. He's still finding his feet and there were far more positives to his game than negatives. Also, almost every time he did do that he had a shot on target (or narrowly wide) so I wouldn't be too quick to discourage it. If he's good enough to do it, let him. That Rolando (sp?) kid at Madrid seems to do o.k. and he's never passed a ball in his life.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 3:57 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Nah, specious reasoning. This wasn't an attacking instinct issue or a settling in the team issue, it was a footballing brain issue and it doesn't look like he has one. All he wants to do is shoot even when there are obviously better options on. I hope he comes on, I really do and I certainly wont write anyone off after 4 games, but I'm not impressed so far. We'll probably see the odd bit of genius with him, but I get the feeling well have plenty of frustration, too. At least he tracked back well enough. Drenthe was the king of not tracking back.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Nah, specious reasoning. This wasn't an attacking instinct issue or a settling in the team issue, it was a footballing brain issue and it doesn't look like he has one. All he wants to do is shoot even when there are obviously better options on. I hope he comes on, I really do and I certainly wont write anyone off after 4 games, but I'm not impressed so far. We'll probably see the odd bit of genius with him, but I get the feeling well have plenty of frustration, too. At least he tracked back well enough. Drenthe was the king of not tracking back.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then. Time will tell.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Agreed. But I hope we can track back in a year's time and call me a moron... for getting this wrong, like, not just general abuse. Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:29 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Agreed. But I hope we can track back in a year's time and call me a moron... for getting this wrong, like, not just general abuse. Very Happy

I was going to say that I didn't feel the need to wait a year to call you a moron.... Very Happy
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

lol! I've marked it in the calender.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Well it's taken 2 weeks, I'm a moron. I didn't see the whole game yesterday, but from the highlights, the lad can play.

Might have just been passions running high after the newcastle game, but yeah, he better than I thought, could be very good indeed.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

Well it's taken 2 weeks, I'm a moron. I didn't see the whole game yesterday, but from the highlights, the lad can play.

Might have just been passions running high after the newcastle game, but yeah, he better than I thought, could be very good indeed.

haha... i reckon he's gone off the boil a bit!!

but, seriously he does look a good addition. Seems to give us more balance on the right. Hopefully more to come.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

but, seriously he does look a good addition. Seems to give us more balance on the right. Hopefully more to come.
I haven't checked one of those pedometer things which tells you how far he has run, but he looks to be covering a lot of ground in the true DM style, got a kick like a mule, good speed/movement and seems to have discovered the pass.
Could be a classic DM find.
With Gibbo we have a midfield that can shoot with power.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 7:28 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

I couldn't agree less.

I haven't checked one of those pedometer things which tells you how far he has run, but he looks to be covering a lot of ground in the true DM style, got a kick like a mule, good speed/movement and seems to have discovered the pass.
Could be a classic DM find.
With Gibbo we have a midfield that can shoot with power.

He did really well for Jelavic's first goal yesterday. The weight of the pass was just right, and the control on getting back the one-two with Jelavic was not too shoddy either.

Number of posts : 13152

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:44 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/30/everton-southampton-premier-league-match-report
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:37 pm

Media....

Goodison medics have also been reassured that reports that Kevin Mirallas has tweaked a hamstring on international duty with Belgium do not mean the attacker will miss the trip to QPR on Sunday.
The 25-year-old summer signing scored in his international side’s 3-0 victory over Serbia on Friday, but felt a problem as he netted the game’s third goal.
Belgium coach Marc Wilmots decided against asking him to train yesterday, and the £5.5m had a scan although the injury was not believed to be serious.
It is understood Wilmots even hopes to have Mirallas available for action again in time for the Red Devils’ clash with Scotland at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels tonight.

More hatred for these damn international games. No
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:28 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Media....

Goodison medics have also been reassured that reports that Kevin Mirallas has tweaked a hamstring on international duty with Belgium do not mean the attacker will miss the trip to QPR on Sunday.
The 25-year-old summer signing scored in his international side’s 3-0 victory over Serbia on Friday, but felt a problem as he netted the game’s third goal.
Belgium coach Marc Wilmots decided against asking him to train yesterday, and the £5.5m had a scan although the injury was not believed to be serious.
It is understood Wilmots even hopes to have Mirallas available for action again in time for the Red Devils’ clash with Scotland at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels tonight.

More hatred for these damn international games. No
Mirallas has come on tonight as a 55 minutes sub against the jocks
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 7 Kevinm10

There has been a lot of talk about the extent of the injury suffered by Kevin Mirallas in yesterdays Merseyside Derby, with some people saying he could be out for a while. There has been no news as of yet from Everton but there is a lot of speculation that he has suffered a broken bone in his foot lets hope this is not true.

I for one think that had Mirallas stayed on the pitch yesterday then we would of went on to win the game as he was bullying the Liverpool defence the last 20 minutes of the 1st half.

But onto that tackle that caused the damage, I have had another few looks at it and to me it is a disgraceful challenge from a disgraceful player. The fact that Suarez was still on the pitch after ninety minutes is beyond me so yes he did score a perfectly legitimate goal at the end and most will call it a bad decision from the linesman but to me he was lucky to still be on the pitch.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9819
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 7 Empty What a git

Post  Lumper on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 7 Mirallas
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next