606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

+24
My other LB is a Ferrari
Statman
Mr_Ben
Super
Dixie Land
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Gravy & Chips
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Tonteau
Knight of Thorgothshire
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
Yankthattoffee
SouthernSmugToffee
tadpole
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Kilted_Toffee
Da Judge
ToffeeDan
28 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Empty Re: 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

the jellyman wrote:Newco Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green has been dealt a fresh blow in his battle to hold on to the the club's wantaway players as his purchase of their contracts has been deemed invalid, according to a legal expert on employment law.
Adrian Hoggarth, the head of employment law at Prolegal, believes the deal struck may have been outside of the law.
"It is not legally possible for Rangers and Charles Green to buy and sell players as part of a business transfer," he said.

"Whether or not the players transferred in this case appears to depend on two things.

"Firstly, were they assigned to the business of the football club when it transferred? This is a matter of law and this has nothing to do with any money that may have changed hands.

"Secondly, were the players aware of the transfer at the time it took place? Case law suggests that if you know about a transfer before it happens and don't object to it, you lose the right to object once the business transfers. If not, you don't.

"To suggest otherwise would take away the right of an employee to object to being transferred, which is a right enshrined in law."

you know there's an edit button ? Very Happy scandalous post-count manipulation - a bit like Rangers Newco really!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Empty Re: 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

Post  Blue gazza Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
the jellyman wrote:Newco Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green has been dealt a fresh blow in his battle to hold on to the the club's wantaway players as his purchase of their contracts has been deemed invalid, according to a legal expert on employment law.
Adrian Hoggarth, the head of employment law at Prolegal, believes the deal struck may have been outside of the law.
"It is not legally possible for Rangers and Charles Green to buy and sell players as part of a business transfer," he said.

"Whether or not the players transferred in this case appears to depend on two things.

"Firstly, were they assigned to the business of the football club when it transferred? This is a matter of law and this has nothing to do with any money that may have changed hands.

"Secondly, were the players aware of the transfer at the time it took place? Case law suggests that if you know about a transfer before it happens and don't object to it, you lose the right to object once the business transfers. If not, you don't.

"To suggest otherwise would take away the right of an employee to object to being transferred, which is a right enshrined in law."

you know there's an edit button ? Very Happy scandalous post-count manipulation - a bit like Rangers Newco really!
scratch scratch oh yeah, just noticed lol, never mind, another 1 on my count Very Happy

Last edited by the jellyman on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

the jellyman wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

scratch scratch

you posted the same article twice....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

yeah, just realised Embarassed Embarassed

never mind, my post count still rises Very Happy

i'm trying to catch up to ya Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:11 pm

the jellyman wrote:yeah, just realised Embarassed Embarassed

I've given up. There was a time when I was within 10,000 of Thor
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

mindyerho? wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Kilted_Toffee Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:20 pm

mindyerho? wrote:

Thor is just a machine we all aspire to thou....deserves his Cult like status and following...... 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Bowdown
Kilted_Toffee
Kilted_Toffee

Number of posts : 6253
Registration date : 2005-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 20 Jul 2012, 7:33 pm

"David Moyes says Steven Naismith is still carrying a knee injury."

Hmmmmm
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

Kilted_Toffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Thor is just a machine we all aspire to thou....deserves his Cult like status and following...... 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Bowdown
lol! lol! I have really reduced my contributions (or whatever you might want to call it Laughing ) on here. And we just moved in to a new office building and the new layout means that everyone can see what we have up on the computer monitors - no privacy. Hence, I can't really post on here anymore while at work.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 21 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Kilted_Toffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

lol! lol! I have really reduced my contributions (or whatever you might want to call it Laughing ) on here. And we just moved in to a new office building and the new layout means that everyone can see what we have up on the computer monitors - no privacy. Hence, I can't really post on here anymore while at work.

Nonsense. You are an engineer! Your whole purpose in life is making the impossible merely difficult! Did Isombard Kingdom Brunel reduce his post count when he got busy? 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Confused
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 21 Jul 2012, 4:27 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Kilted_Toffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Nonsense. You are an engineer! Your whole purpose in life is making the impossible merely difficult! Did Isombard Kingdom Brunel reduce his post count when he got busy? 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Confused
lol! lol! 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Bowdown You are, of course, correct! 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Action-s
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 14 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

Visiting a friend in Edinburgh tomorrow who has tickets to Scotland V Australia so I'm going along with him. Hopefully Naismith will figure!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:16 am

Hammer blow: FIFA now set for investigation into Naismith 'elbow'

By John Greechan

PUBLISHED: 22:02, 24 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:02, 24 September 2012

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 Articl10

Scotland's World Cup hopes have been dealt a potential hammer blow after FIFA opened disciplinary proceedings against Steven Naismith.

The Everton forward has been carpeted over his alleged elbow on Serbia’s Srdan Mijailovic in the Group A opener.

And, if found guilty on the basis of video evidence, Naismith looks set be ruled out of next month’s crucial away double-header against Wales and Belgium.
Cited: Naismith could be facing a ban

The incident was missed by Swedish referee Jonas Eriksson, while reports later suggested the match delegate had not included the incident in his report.

But a spokesman for world football’s governing body revealed on Monday: ‘FIFA can confirm it has now opened disciplinary proceedings against the player Steven Naismith.’

There is no fixed timescale for the disciplinary process but it is feared FIFA are likely to reach a decision before the next two Scotland fixtures, away to Wales on October 12 and Belgium four days later.

The possible punishments for being found guilty of misconduct include a ban of up to three games, a fine, a warning and reprimand.

With even Serbia boss Sinisa Mihajlovic dismissing the incident as possibly accidental, the sight of Naismith appearing as a late sub in the 1-1 draw with Macedonia three days later inspired belief he had escaped the attention of the authorities.

But FIFA retain the right to hammer alleged offenders for up to two years after the event, under legislation covering ‘serious infringements which have escaped match officials’ attention’.

Naismith’s absence would be a serious loss to Scotland, despite the 26-year-old having slipped out of the Everton starting line-up after his summer move to Goodison Park.

He featured in all but one of Scotland’s Euro 2012 qualifiers and, with forward options limited by Steven Fletcher’s continued absence and Levein’s lack of faith in Jordan Rhodes as a starter, Naismith’s eye for goal would be sorely missed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2208099/Steven-Naismith-investigated-FIFA-alleged-elbow.html#ixzz27THMjpRK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:03 am

Dropped or injured against The Saints. Didn't even make the bench.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:14 am

I don't think Moyes has been overly impressed with him. I thought that when Jelavic got injured and he sent on Vic instead of Naismith. I hope I'm wrong, but he could end up being a flop (albeit a free one)
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:11 am

Mr_Ben wrote:Dropped or injured against The Saints. Didn't even make the bench.

PhysioRoom.com has him down as injured. Says he has a knock and would have a late fitness test.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 30 Sep 2012, 1:15 pm

Although it was pre-season, I liked the look of him in Hibbo testimonial and the Blackpool game, but maybe he has been carrying an injury since?
Looked as thought he would have been a DM stalwart, but sadly, not so far.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

Twattish behaviour has caught up with him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19849813

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:55 pm

Everton's Steven Naismith, 26, is paying out of his own pocket for Christmas dinner for homeless people in Liverpool. The Scotland international is sponsoring the meal at the Whitechapel Centre, a charity that works with people sleeping rough, living in hostels or struggling to manage their accommodation.
Full story: Liverpool Echo
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:42 pm

The President wrote:Everton's Steven Naismith, 26, is paying out of his own pocket for Christmas dinner for homeless people in Liverpool. The Scotland international is sponsoring the meal at the Whitechapel Centre, a charity that works with people sleeping rough, living in hostels or struggling to manage their accommodation.

Most of them are probably his relatives...... cheers
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 08 Dec 2012, 5:15 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:
The President wrote:Everton's Steven Naismith, 26, is paying out of his own pocket for Christmas dinner for homeless people in Liverpool. The Scotland international is sponsoring the meal at the Whitechapel Centre, a charity that works with people sleeping rough, living in hostels or struggling to manage their accommodation.

Most of them are probably his relatives...... cheers

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 2 F_laugh
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:24 pm

this player cannot pass a football

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 17 Mar 2013, 1:27 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:this player cannot pass a football

It's the first time I've ever seen a case of first season syndrome.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:36 am

Lumper wrote:

Or take a corner affraid
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 18 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm

tadpole wrote:
Lumper wrote:

Or take a corner affraid
although it was his tackle that set Fellaini off on the run that ended with Jelly's goal and a roar that is still reverberating around Goodison
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next