606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

+24
My other LB is a Ferrari
Statman
Mr_Ben
Super
Dixie Land
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Gravy & Chips
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Tonteau
Knight of Thorgothshire
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
Yankthattoffee
SouthernSmugToffee
tadpole
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Kilted_Toffee
Da Judge
ToffeeDan
28 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Empty Re: 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

Post  Armchair Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:16 pm

Uwist61 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Super wrote:Steven Naismith has signed a three-year extension to his Everton contract.

The deal keeps the Scottish forward at Goodison Park until the summer of 2019.

Naismith has developed into a first team regular and major attacking threat under Roberto Martinez after arriving at the Club in 2012.

He made a scoring return from a hamstring problem when the Blues beat QPR 3-1 on Monday evening.

Naismith told evertontv: “I am so happy here. From the moment I signed my first contract here it wasn’t long before I saw what a great Club it was. Over the months and years it has progressed into a fantastic move for myself on and off the park. I am delighted to have agreed an extension which will keep me here for a few more years yet.

"When you come to the last 18 months of your contract, negotiations start happening and it was pretty relaxed and straightforward because I have loved my time here and this season and last season you have seen the best of me; hopefully there’s more to come.

"I think I have felt more wanted in recent times than at the start of my Everton career. Confidence has grown, I have put in some good performances and we have had a successful time as a team as well.

"I would say it is probably the best form of my career. I understand the game more, I understand what the manager is wanting from me and I have played in a few different roles and contributed in those roles. It’s definitely the most consistent I have been."

The Scot, 28, has scored six times for the Blues this season, including strikes against Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United.

Proven to be a massive player for us''Lukaku take note'' deserves his extension .

Well done Naisy. cheers

In the same "Lukaku take note" vein, proof that any player can turn it around. Rewind twelve months and could you genuinely have imagined being happy to hear that he had signed a three year extension on his contract? Well done Nais - you've proven your many doubters, of which I was one, wrong.

Lukaku, take note!
I too was a doubter when we signed him... in fact I thought he was shite... why I work in IT I guess & am not a scout Very Happy

well done Naisy for becoming an important player for us...
When we first bought him he scored a hatrick in a pre-season friendly, playing the role that he has now. He looked a typical Moyes buy, right under the radar. As soon as the season started he put him on the wing.  Go figure.

TBF to Moyes though, was his first season appearances on the wing not driven by the absence of Mirallas caused by Goofy taking him out earlier in the previous season... and Pienaar was also unfit?

That was part of the reason if I recall. Bobby also played him at RW a few times early on last season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Empty Re: 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

Armchair wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Super wrote:Steven Naismith has signed a three-year extension to his Everton contract.

The deal keeps the Scottish forward at Goodison Park until the summer of 2019.

Naismith has developed into a first team regular and major attacking threat under Roberto Martinez after arriving at the Club in 2012.

He made a scoring return from a hamstring problem when the Blues beat QPR 3-1 on Monday evening.

Naismith told evertontv: “I am so happy here. From the moment I signed my first contract here it wasn’t long before I saw what a great Club it was. Over the months and years it has progressed into a fantastic move for myself on and off the park. I am delighted to have agreed an extension which will keep me here for a few more years yet.

"When you come to the last 18 months of your contract, negotiations start happening and it was pretty relaxed and straightforward because I have loved my time here and this season and last season you have seen the best of me; hopefully there’s more to come.

"I think I have felt more wanted in recent times than at the start of my Everton career. Confidence has grown, I have put in some good performances and we have had a successful time as a team as well.

"I would say it is probably the best form of my career. I understand the game more, I understand what the manager is wanting from me and I have played in a few different roles and contributed in those roles. It’s definitely the most consistent I have been."

The Scot, 28, has scored six times for the Blues this season, including strikes against Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United.

Proven to be a massive player for us''Lukaku take note'' deserves his extension .

Well done Naisy. cheers

In the same "Lukaku take note" vein, proof that any player can turn it around. Rewind twelve months and could you genuinely have imagined being happy to hear that he had signed a three year extension on his contract? Well done Nais - you've proven your many doubters, of which I was one, wrong.

Lukaku, take note!
I too was a doubter when we signed him... in fact I thought he was shite... why I work in IT I guess & am not a scout Very Happy

well done Naisy for becoming an important player for us...
When we first bought him he scored a hatrick in a pre-season friendly, playing the role that he has now. He looked a typical Moyes buy, right under the radar. As soon as the season started he put him on the wing.  Go figure.

TBF to Moyes though, was his first season appearances on the wing not driven by the absence of Mirallas caused by Goofy taking him out earlier in the previous season... and Pienaar was also unfit?

That was part of the reason if I recall. Bobby also played him at RW a few times early on last season.

Because he's an honest hardworking player, who won't cause any fuss, it's easier (if unfair) for a manager to play him out of position rather than a diva who'll kick up a fuss or go in to a sulk.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:13 am

Steven Naismith has refused to rule out a return to Rangers when his Everton adventure is eventually over. The 28-year-old Scotland forward signed for Everton in July 2012 after the troubled Ibrox club were on their way to liquidation and before they re-emerged at the bottom tier of Scottish football. Another player who joined the exodus out of Govan that summer was striker Kyle Lafferty. He moved to Sion in Switzerland and the two players will be united at Hampden Park on Wednesday night when Scotland take on Northern Ireland in a friendly match, which is acting as a warm-up for the Scots' 2016 Euro qualifier against Gibraltar on Sunday. While Rangers can only hope to return to the Scottish Premiership next season through the play-offs, Lafferty was quoted as saying: "Some Rangers fans have asked me if I'd go back there and I'd jump at the chance." Naismith understands the sentiment.

He said: "Our times at Rangers are probably the best in our careers. We were a successful team and had some great memories and being a Rangers fan he would have enjoyed it and want to relive them." When asked if he could see himself ever going back to Ibrox, Naismith replied: "I don't know what will happen in the coming year never mind the future. "At the moment I love playing for Everton. Since I've been there it's been a great adventure, from being a substitute and not having an impact to playing in most of the big games and having an impact. "I love it at the moment but you never know things can change so quickly in football. I'd never rule anything out to be honest." There has been no end to the turmoil at Rangers since Naismith left and following a recent boardroom coup, former Gers midfielder Stuart Former Everton midfielder McCall was put in charge of the team for the rest of the season which meant he had to step down from his post as Scotland coach. Speaking of that, ex-Kilmarnock player Naismith said: "It was one of the best decisions the new board could have made.

"I worked with him here with Scotland. He's great around the squad, he's straight forward even in this environment when he's not the manager. He'll still tell you 'it's not good enough.' "I think it's a great decision and hopefully from now until the end of the season he can reap the rewards of going in there and getting Rangers back to the Premier League." Naismith believes the Northern Ireland match will be a more than a typical friendly as Scotland look to then add to seven Euro qualifying points from four games against Group D's bottom side at the weekend. The Toffees forward said: "The Ireland game is a great game because it will be more than just a friendly, with it being against a country so close to home and with a lot of the players knowing each other and playing against each other. "So there will be more of an edge to it. "It also gets us familiar with the way that we play. It has been a long time away from Scotland and the boys have missed it.
"It is very good to be around the squad at the moment. We have two good games that hopefully we can push on again. "I never like to put a number on what points you should have where and when, especially in this group. "But winning the home games in the qualifiers and taking points in the away games will put you in a right good position."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 18 Aug 2015, 3:43 pm

He is good 'un

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-naismith-gives-away-everton-9879062#ICID=sharebar_twitter
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 18 Aug 2015, 5:30 pm

The President wrote:He is good 'un

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-naismith-gives-away-everton-9879062#ICID=sharebar_twitter
14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s good man Nais the Ace... I like him...

Number of posts : 40811
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm

A fantastic gesture for the second season running - what a guy !!! 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
The President wrote:He is good 'un

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s good man Nais the Ace... I like him...
Here here, agree. A great gesture indeed.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Sep 2015, 2:47 pm

14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s Nais the Ace 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 12 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s Nais the Ace 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Action-s

Credit where credit is due. Great pick by Martinez and excellent finish. 'Perfect' Hat-trick too.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 12 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm

Quiz question which Lineker is bound to bring up.
When was the last time, if ever, that a sub scored a hatrick in the PL? ( and this was perfect hatrick today, left, right and head)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 12 Sep 2015, 5:43 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Quiz question which Lineker is bound to bring up.
When was the last time, if ever, that a sub scored a hatrick in the PL? ( and this was  perfect hatrick today, left, right and head)

Robbie Fowler?

Actually change my mind Ole gunner against Nirwich
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 12 Sep 2015, 6:06 pm

Just read it in the match thread 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 Yahoo_22
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:41 am

Don't know if anyone picked up on this, but apparently only 2 players have scored hat tricks against the current champions in the Premier League.

One is, of course, Naismith. The other is, no other than, Romelu Lukaku who scored 3 against Man Utd when playing for West Brom.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 13 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

Dixie Land wrote:Don't know if anyone picked up on this, but apparently only 2 players have scored hat tricks against the current champions in the Premier League.

One is, of course, Naismith. The other is, no other than, Romelu Lukaku who scored 3 against Man Utd when playing for West Brom.

Goals on Sunday just put the list up alright including Naismith and Lukaku. What looks even more impressive about Naismith's hat trick as it wasn't the type of icing on the cake hat trick like Hasselbaink or Solskjaer. It was a massive game against the defending Champions with the game very much in the melting pot. Lukaku's you could argue was just one of those crazy end of season games with nothing to play for.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:18 pm

Steven Naismith says he may have to leave Everton if he cannot force his way back into Roberto Martinez's plans. The Scotland ace has started just four Premier League matches this season and has not featured at all in the top flight since October 17th.

Boss Martinez rejected an £8m bid from Norwich earlier this term. But Naismith, 29, said: "You need to think about all your options. I'm frustrated that I can't get into the team. The manager said we'd speak about it again come January so we'll do that."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 10 Dec 2015, 1:59 pm

Super wrote:Steven Naismith says he may have to leave Everton if he cannot force his way back into Roberto Martinez's plans.  The Scotland ace has started just four Premier League matches this season and has not featured at all in the top flight since October 17th.

Boss Martinez rejected an £8m bid from Norwich earlier this term.  But Naismith, 29, said: "You need to think about all your options.  I'm frustrated that I can't get into the team.  The manager said we'd speak about it again come January so we'll do that."
It is sadly inevitable... Nais has played very well when given his chance... the Chavski hat-trick was beautiful but not enough to take him above the obvious candidate of Barks... although I would prefer to see Nais than Kone

I really like Nais... but he would be wise to move on... £8m is good business for us if it still stands... and Norwich would make Nais a mandatory name on the team sheet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 10 Dec 2015, 2:19 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Super wrote:Steven Naismith says he may have to leave Everton if he cannot force his way back into Roberto Martinez's plans.  The Scotland ace has started just four Premier League matches this season and has not featured at all in the top flight since October 17th.

Boss Martinez rejected an £8m bid from Norwich earlier this term.  But Naismith, 29, said: "You need to think about all your options.  I'm frustrated that I can't get into the team.  The manager said we'd speak about it again come January so we'll do that."
It is sadly inevitable... Nais has played very well when given his chance... the Chavski hat-trick was beautiful but not enough to take him above the obvious candidate of Barks... although I would prefer to see Nais than Kone

I really like Nais... but he would be wise to move on... £8m is good business for us if it still stands... and Norwich would make Nais a mandatory name on the team sheet.

Thing is, he started a few games after that and did fuck all, we need to play him as a sub more. He's a clever player and has the knack of scoring, we could have done with him on the pitch against Palace.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 10 Dec 2015, 3:48 pm

Better for Nais to move on, better for us if he stays as a super-sub. It shows that we have good options though when Nais and Kev can't get a look in.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 10 Dec 2015, 4:20 pm

I'd be very sad to see him go. He's a top player in my opinion, who hasn't ever been given a decent run in his best position.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 20 Dec 2015, 12:47 am

Aston Villa manager Remi Garde is ready to make a £6.5m bid for 29-year-old Everton striker Steven Naismith. (Sunday Telegraph)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sun 20 Dec 2015, 10:10 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:I'd be very sad to see him go. He's a top player in my opinion, who hasn't ever been given a decent run in his best position.

Agree totally Sad
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 20 Dec 2015, 2:06 pm

He's a good player but will always be second choice behind Barkley. I'd keep hold of him though, in case Barks gets injured.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 20 Dec 2015, 3:21 pm

Armchair wrote:He's a good player but will always be second choice behind Barkley. I'd keep hold of him though, in case Barks gets injured.
If we were intending to play long ball, as we did yesterday, Nais is the only choice. Times his headers, wins most of them, and would have been a better foil for Big Luke than Kone was. He scores 3 against Chelsea and then....wilderness. Has he upset RM somehow? Still has a role to play, particularly if we start piling up cup games.

btw...3-0 to Watford!!! cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 20 Dec 2015, 3:55 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:He's a good player but will always be second choice behind Barkley. I'd keep hold of him though, in case Barks gets injured.
If we were intending to play long ball, as we did yesterday, Nais is the only choice. Times his headers, wins most of them, and would have been a better foil for Big Luke than Kone was. He scores 3 against Chelsea and then....wilderness. Has he upset RM somehow? Still has a role to play, particularly if we start piling up cup games.

btw...3-0 to Watford!!! cheers

I think he played a few games after the Chavs game and didn't have much of an impact so got dropped. It's time to drop Kone as well btw, Bobby 14: Steven Naismith - smart buy - Page 5 F_whistl
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 20 Dec 2015, 4:54 pm

As Nais wasn't even on the bench yesterday I think you've seen the last of him a Chang Blue...

I always liked him... I wish him well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next