606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

+32
hairy cataract
Da Judge
Yankthattoffee
Knight of Thorgothshire
Lumper
Made 4 Gwladys
Statman
The President
Gravy & Chips
Mr_Ben
SEFTON
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
RhinoJagz
SouthernSmugToffee
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Michael Crosby S74
VenezuelaBlue
Helenqu
Bryan
Hinchcliffe Corner
Kilted_Toffee
Albert
Diamond
tadpole
notepad
Bluey
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Sheep Flavour
36 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Blue gazza Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

http://www.bluekipper.com/news/9-players_news/5144-peanuts_court_case_postponed.html

let's hope he don't do time for it cop
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:53 pm

the jellyman wrote:http://www.bluekipper.com/news/9-players_news/5144-peanuts_court_case_postponed.html

let's hope he don't do time for it cop

Simple... he just gets injured every time he's due in court.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 06 Sep 2012, 6:32 pm

Can he claim self defence?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

Pienaar retires from international football
Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has officially retired from international football

2 October 2012 Time: 12:19 pm

Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar is no longer available to play for Bafana Bafana.

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 E4ee4f10

Don't miss: Bafana Bafana squad announced

'Schillo' sent a message to Bafana coach Gordon Igesund and Safa CEO Raymond Hack late on Monday stating his intentions to quit the national team.

“It is with regret that I wish to inform you that I’m not available for the national team,” Pienaar wrote.

Pienaar has served the nation for 10 years and Igesund says the nation must “respect” his decision to call it quits.

Greece-based defender Bongani Khumalo will now take over as captain.
Article by: Tiyani wa ka Mabasa
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:54 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Pienaar retires from international football
Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has officially retired from international football

2 October 2012 Time: 12:19 pm

Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar is no longer available to play for Bafana Bafana.

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 E4ee4f10

Don't miss: Bafana Bafana squad announced

'Schillo' sent a message to Bafana coach Gordon Igesund and Safa CEO Raymond Hack late on Monday stating his intentions to quit the national team.

“It is with regret that I wish to inform you that I’m not available for the national team,” Pienaar wrote.

Pienaar has served the nation for 10 years and Igesund says the nation must “respect” his decision to call it quits.

Greece-based defender Bongani Khumalo will now take over as captain.
Article by: Tiyani wa ka Mabasa
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers fantastic news
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

Great news. It ought to help him and us out immensely. Great to read. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:09 pm

Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA? 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 361146
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA? 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 361146

I doubt that Lumper,but he may think its not becoming of a International captain,to get involved in such a fracas.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:44 pm

Lumper wrote:Is he doing this to avoid assault charges in SA? 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 12 361146

Um... how would that work exactly?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:55 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Well it prevents him having to travel there. If the authorities want to pursue the they would need to make a case in English court to extradite. That of course requires the authorities in an essentially neutral court to present that there is a valid case to be heard as opposed to one that is political (or one borne of nepotism)

..... Just a thought

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:01 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Well it prevents him having to travel there. If the authorities want to pursue the they would need to make a case in English court to extradite. That of course requires the authorities in an essentially neutral court to present that there is a valid case to be heard as opposed to one that is political (or one borne of nepotism)

..... Just a thought

Well this is neither political or borne of nepotism, though I imagine there's probably not a lot in it. Either way, it's not like he's skipped the country and has gone into hiding. If there really is a serious charge then he'll have to answer it.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

Tonteau wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

..... Just a thought

Well this is neither political or borne of nepotism, though I imagine there's probably not a lot in it. Either way, it's not like he's skipped the country and has gone into hiding. If there really is a serious charge then he'll have to answer it.

I have to agree. However was the fracas in the nightclub involving him and the son of a junior minister. Whilst I have not been there recently... The last time I went SA was no different from other countries where tribal hierarchies are prevalent. I can well imagine the heady brew of international fame and stardom meets the well connected privilege.

Last edited by UWIST61 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Darned autocorrect)

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 02 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.
I have some reservations about Peanut's acquittal now.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 03 Oct 2012, 8:40 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not sure that this retirement works in his favour.
Surely their courts would be more likely to do a Gerrard/DJ on belalf of Peanut, if he was a stalwart of the national team?
The timing is poor.

I don't blame him. The coach treated him like shit in the World Cup, played him out of position and then subs him when he is the best player on the pitch.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 03 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
The timing is poor.

I don't blame him. The coach treated him like shit in the World Cup, played him out of position and then subs him when he is the best player on the pitch.
I know what you mean. That inside right slot he gave him. His fetch and carry role is what he seems to be best at.
My thoughts were really towards the legal case. Cutting his ties, might prejudice his case? Say for instance, if Gerrard had really been Jose Baxter, when he smacked the DJ. Would Jose have been acquitted. Methinks, no way Jose.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:09 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
The timing is poor.

I know what you mean. That inside right slot he gave him. His fetch and carry role is what he seems to be best at.
My thoughts were really towards the legal case. Cutting his ties, might prejudice his case? Say for instance, if Gerrard had really been Jose Baxter, when he smacked the DJ. Would Jose have been acquitted. Methinks, no way Jose.

Is there an arrest warrant out for him in SA by any chance?
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:32 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
The timing is poor.

Is there an arrest warrant out for him in SA by any chance?
This about it................
From July - Pienaar was released on warning and his case was postponed to September 6.
Outside court Alexander, who looked confident that his client would be found not guilty, said video footage would clear the soccer star of the allegations levelled at him. "The complainant needs to be honest enough to say who actually assaulted him," said Alexander.

Johannesburg September - The assault case involving Bafana Bafana captain Steven Pienaar was postponed by the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Thursday.
The case was postponed until October 12, as Pienaar was unable to travel to South Africa because of a muscle injury he sustained while playing for Everton against West Bromwich Albion in the United Kingdom on Saturday, his lawyer Cliff Alexander said.
“A medical certificate was handed to the court, which was accepted by the magistrate,” he said.
Pienaar is accused of kicking and punching Thabang Mnisi, the son of Public Service and Administration Deputy Minister Ayanda Dlodlo at a nightclub in Sandton, Johannesburg, in June.
In his last court appearance in July, the midfielder said he was present at the club at the time, but denied attacking Mnisi.
Pienaar was released on a warning.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:57 am

Shouldnt have cut his hair. hhmmmmmm

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

From the OS. "Barry Horne scored Everton's first ever Premier League goal in August 1992 against Sheffield Wednesday... Steven Pienaar scored the 1000th in December 2012 against Tottenham Hotspur."
I don't know why we didn't make a bigger deal out of this when it happened. Or was it drowned out by 'Goodison Exercise'?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:From the OS. "Barry Horne scored Everton's first ever Premier League goal in August 1992 against Sheffield Wednesday... Steven Pienaar scored the 1000th in December 2012 against Tottenham Hotspur."
I don't know why we didn't make a bigger deal out of this when it happened. Or was it drowned out by 'Goodison Exercise'?

Probably drowned out by the celebrations for Jelli's goal cheers
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:From the OS. "Barry Horne scored Everton's first ever Premier League goal in August 1992 against Sheffield Wednesday... Steven Pienaar scored the 1000th in December 2012 against Tottenham Hotspur."

We didn't have long to go get the winner.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 03 Mar 2013, 4:59 pm

"Midfielder Steven Pienaar admits Everton may need to use the "back door" to secure European football for next season as the battle for places hots up."

Not sure of his thinking here.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 03 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:"Midfielder Steven Pienaar admits Everton may need to use the "back door" to secure European football for next season as the battle for places hots up."

Fair play league?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 03 Mar 2013, 6:07 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:"Midfielder Steven Pienaar admits Everton may need to use the "back door" to secure European football for next season as the battle for places hots up."

Fair play league?
Emma Bunton?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:32 am

Everton have been dealt a blow after Steven Pienaar suffered a hamstring injury that will rule him out for up to 4 weeks. The South African forward sat out the 1-0 win over Chelsea after he sustained the problem during training at the club's Finch Farm base on Friday.
Roberto Martinez, whose side are unbeaten after four games, had hoped Pienaar would be up and running again quickly but the problem is more troublesome than it first appeared.
Pienaar is one of Everton's most influential performers but will miss games against West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham in the Capital One Cup. If his recovery goes smoothly, he could be in line to return for the trip to Manchester City on October 5th.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next