22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Tonteau on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

Bluejags wrote:Spurs looking for possibly double the £3m they paid for him last year. Now, some may say we may have played this very badly but if you look at this way:

If every place in the Premier League is worth £1m, would we finish potentially as high as seventh if Pienaar wasn't here? Just three places higher then we were expecting and Pienaar pays for himself.

Also at the time he left, whether we had paid him what he wanted or not, I think he was always going to leave, hoping to test himself in the Champions League,with his agent clearly agitating for a cut. Perhaps then, sometime during the season he realized it was not all it cracked up to be spending most his time on the bench unappreciated. Thus coming back, with renewed vigor and determination, he has done more then most to launch up back up the table.

Brilliantly played by Everton.. Very Happy

To be honest, if he costs £5-6million then I say pay it. He's definitely worth that to us. We've missed him more than arteta.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 4:49 pm

Pieman is 30 already right ... there is no way in hell Moyes will pay 6M for a 30 year old.. Crying or Very sad
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 5:00 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Pieman is 30 already right ... there is no way in hell Moyes will pay 6M for a 30 year old.. Crying or Very sad

I hope that Notepad is correct about a price of £3 million being put in place at the start of his loan.

He has started to repay letting us down by going on the cheap towards the end of his contract.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:25 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Pieman is 30 already right ... there is no way in hell Moyes will pay 6M for a 30 year old.. Crying or Very sad

I hope that Notepad is correct about a price of £3 million being put in place at the start of his loan.

He has started to repay letting us down by going on the cheap towards the end of his contract.
BK must have had a talk with Levy when they took Saha off us. I see Peanut staying here, for less than £6M
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:51 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Pieman is 30 already right ... there is no way in hell Moyes will pay 6M for a 30 year old.. Crying or Very sad

I hope that Notepad is correct about a price of £3 million being put in place at the start of his loan.

He has started to repay letting us down by going on the cheap towards the end of his contract.
BK must have had a talk with Levy when they took Saha off us. I see Peanut staying here, for less than £6M

I hope so mate.

He was excellent when he was with us originally but I think he has been even more important this time around. After selling Arteta to Arsenal we were left with a huge lack of creativity. Pienaar's return has given us the creativity back and other players have played much better with Pienaar back in the side. Fellaini is now getting into the box again because he knows that he will have good balls played into him once again. Jelavic has been fantastic but I wonder if he would have scored quite as many if Pienaar had not come in to the side as well. Baines (when he was fit) looked more like his old self where he was able to get forward in the knowledge that he had a winger who would get back and cover him. I am a big fan of Gueye but Baines could not trust him to cover.

At the moment I would back Pienaar's return even more £6 million. It is like Stoke buying Crouch; he cost £10 million + and has no or little sell on fee because of his age but if his goals keep Stoke in the league for a season or two it was worth it. Pienaar could well get us into Europe again next season (even the Champions League) and if he does then he would have repaid the £6 million fee.

Would still be nice to get him cheaper though. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

I think the sticking point with pienaar is his wages, not his transfer fee

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 55
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 11:05 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:I think the sticking point with pienaar is his wages, not his transfer fee

Surely we can afford a decent wage after off loading Arteta. I think we offered him £65k a week and he went to Spurs for (reportedly) £75k a week. I would have thought he would accept our original offer now after finding out that the grass isn't always greener.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:32 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:I think the sticking point with pienaar is his wages, not his transfer fee

Surely we can afford a decent wage after off loading Arteta. I think we offered him £65k a week and he went to Spurs for (reportedly) £75k a week. I would have thought he would accept our original offer now after finding out that the grass isn't always greener.
he surely realizes that more money & sitting on the Spuds bench is nowhere near as good as a bit less money & playing every week in front of fans that adore him....

...or is that a bit naive ?
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 1:24 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:I think the sticking point with pienaar is his wages, not his transfer fee

Surely we can afford a decent wage after off loading Arteta. I think we offered him £65k a week and he went to Spurs for (reportedly) £75k a week. I would have thought he would accept our original offer now after finding out that the grass isn't always greener.
he surely realizes that more money & sitting on the Spuds bench is nowhere near as good as a bit less money & playing every week in front of fans that adore him....

...or is that a bit naive ?

I hope that he has learnt his lesson and regrets his decision to go to Spurs. He let us down by jumping ship towards the end of his contract after holding the club to ransom. He is repaying the fans and the club every week though and I hope to see him sign a permanent contract.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:I think the sticking point with pienaar is his wages, not his transfer fee

Surely we can afford a decent wage after off loading Arteta. I think we offered him £65k a week and he went to Spurs for (reportedly) £75k a week. I would have thought he would accept our original offer now after finding out that the grass isn't always greener.
he surely realizes that more money & sitting on the Spuds bench is nowhere near as good as a bit less money & playing every week in front of fans that adore him....

...or is that a bit naive ?

I hope that he has learnt his lesson and regrets his decision to go to Spurs. He let us down by jumping ship towards the end of his contract after holding the club to ransom. He is repaying the fans and the club every week though and I hope to see him sign a permanent contract.
I actually don't think he owes us anything really - he made a career decision which gave him more money and the chance to play in the CL. It's up to him really, he'll come back to us if the deal is right and if he puts more emphasis on being a regular starter at a club where he is considered a genius and a hero than he does on getting the occasional European game and a ten per cent more wonga.

He'd be stupid not to come back, but then this is the fella who wears a God Is Great vest and gets done for drunk driving and speeding in an Aston Martin 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Confused
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 6:57 pm

David Moyes has reiterated that any discussions regarding Steven Pienaar´s future at Everton must wait until the end of the season.

Moyes said: "You´re probably going to ask me at every press conference and I´m going to give the same answer that I genuinely don´t think anything will be even talked about until after the end of the season."

Earlier in the week, Moyes praised Pienaar´s impact and spoke of his desire to make his stay permanent.

"I will talk to the Chairman at the end of the season so I don´t think there will be anything done before then.

“For all the times people may ask me there certainly won´t be an answer but, yes, it would be great to keep him.

“I think he´s found somewhere where he is happy so hopefully we will be able to do something.”
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Statman on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 9:00 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
David Moyes has reiterated that any discussions regarding Steven Pienaar´s future at Everton must wait until the end of the season.

Moyes said: "You´re probably going to ask me at every press conference and I´m going to give the same answer that I genuinely don´t think anything will be even talked about until after the end of the season."

Earlier in the week, Moyes praised Pienaar´s impact and spoke of his desire to make his stay permanent.

"I will talk to the Chairman at the end of the season so I don´t think there will be anything done before then.

“For all the times people may ask me there certainly won´t be an answer but, yes, it would be great to keep him.

“I think he´s found somewhere where he is happy so hopefully we will be able to do something.”

"But we don't want to pay his wages until a week before the start of the new season" adds BK.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7088
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Super on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Steven Pienaar has had a hand in 10 prem goals for Everton in 11 games compared to just 1 assist and no goals in 10 games for Spurs.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Super on Fri 11 May 2012, 11:30 am

Everton's Steven Piennar has been fined £1,000 and given 7 points on his licence for speeding. Pienaar, 30, of Ibbotson Lane, Liverpool, admitted two counts of speeding in Chigwell, Essex, last October. Previous convictions from an earlier hearing, in which he was found guilty in his absence, were withdrawn. He told Chelmsford magistrates he had not attended as he had moved home and was unaware of the earlier allegations. Pienaar paid the fine, plus £175 in legal costs and a victim surcharge.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Fri 11 May 2012, 1:20 pm

WTF is a victim surcharge in a (presumably) camera speeding offence? Nation of fucking namby-pamby-redbrick-social-worker-newspeak-bollocks.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Bryan on Fri 11 May 2012, 1:22 pm

Super wrote:Everton's Steven Piennar has been fined £1,000 and given 7 points on his licence for speeding. Pienaar, 30, of Ibbotson Lane, Liverpool, admitted two counts of speeding in Chigwell, Essex, last October. Previous convictions from an earlier hearing, in which he was found guilty in his absence, were withdrawn. He told Chelmsford magistrates he had not attended as he had moved home and was unaware of the earlier allegations. Pienaar paid the fine, plus £175 in legal costs and a victim surcharge.

Bingo. cheers cheers cheers cheers

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Age : 41
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Armchair on Fri 11 May 2012, 2:50 pm

£60,000 - £1,175 = £59,825/week. Still not a bad a pay cheque, is it?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Super on Fri 11 May 2012, 2:57 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:£60,000 - £1,175 = £59,825/week. Still not a bad a pay cheque, is it?

Got a grand back did he?
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Armchair on Fri 11 May 2012, 3:02 pm

Super wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:£60,000 - £1,175 = £59,825/week. Still not a bad a pay cheque, is it?

Got a grand back did he?

Maths isn't my strong point Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 11 May 2012, 3:10 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:£60,000 - £1,175 = £59,825/week. Still not a bad a pay cheque, is it?

Got a grand back did he?

Maths isn't my strong point Laughing

Does he not not pay any tax either, pension contribution, church of God is Great subscription?

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Yankthattoffee on Fri 11 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Super wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:£60,000 - £1,175 = £59,825/week. Still not a bad a pay cheque, is it?

Got a grand back did he?
This is an example of "doing an Armchair."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 11 May 2012, 4:39 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:£60,000 - £1,175 = £59,825/week. Still not a bad a pay cheque, is it?

Got a grand back did he?

Maths isn't my strong point Laughing

Does he not not pay any tax either, pension contribution, church of God is Great subscription?

Bet that haircut isn't cheap to upkeep either.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 14 May 2012, 6:37 pm

Pienaar has left Everton. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Hope he is back next season. Will have to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2144320/Steven-Pienaar-salutes-Everton-fans-ending-loan-spell.html?ITO=1490
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 14 May 2012, 7:07 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Pienaar has left Everton. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Hope he is back next season. Will have to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2144320/Steven-Pienaar-salutes-Everton-fans-ending-loan-spell.html?ITO=1490
Cheers for posting the link Dixie. I sure would LOVE to see him sign for us in the summer!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68395
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 16 May 2012, 10:49 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2145488/Sunderland-want-Steven-Pienaar-5m.html

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sunderland are lining up a bid for Tottenham midfielder Steven Pienaar.
The South African has impressed on loan back at former club Everton, who are expected to try to sign him on a permanent deal over the summer

But Tottenham want £5million for the 29-year-old and Everton may struggle to raise the funds immediately, with Sunderland believing they can step in.
Aston Villa may also be interested if Roberto Martinez, who tried to sign Pienaar on loan in January, takes over at Villa Park.

Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 7 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum