606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic)

+28
Armchair
Tonteau
Statman
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Helenqu
Yankthattoffee
blue nowhere
Royal Blue Mersey
The President
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Mr Perpetual Motion
ToffeeDan
Lumper
fatboblatch
Mr_Ben
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Qld Toffee
Da Judge
Bryan
Michael Crosby S74
anticipate_the_pass
notepad
Synth_fg®
VenezuelaBlue
Blue gazza
32 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 12 Apr 2012, 1:35 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Liverpool have appealed Donis red card from the other night.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-appeal-Doni-red-card-decision-expected-today-article889669.html

Is this because they are that worried about Brad Jones?

Reina is back after this weekend, and they have that lad from Hull back on the bench for Saturday so if it isn't successful (which it shouldn't be) it won't change anything, so is Kenny just being awkward and just doing it for the sake of it?.

Is there not a rule about appealing for the sake of it?

On RAWK... to a man they all realise that the ban is right... however by appealing they get a stay of grace and he might be eligible to play and they quite cynically say that that is ok because by then Reina is back... As Hairy says does wonder for the lad Jones confidence.... also says a lot for the desparation they dare not admit to....

Fuck me, that's sneaky.

At least their integrity is intact. Laughing

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic)

Post  Dixie Land Thu 12 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

Roy Stone Drenched wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Liverpool have appealed Donis red card from the other night.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-appeal-Doni-red-card-decision-expected-today-article889669.html

Is this because they are that worried about Brad Jones?

Reina is back after this weekend, and they have that lad from Hull back on the bench for Saturday so if it isn't successful (which it shouldn't be) it won't change anything, so is Kenny just being awkward and just doing it for the sake of it?.

Is there not a rule about appealing for the sake of it?

On RAWK... to a man they all realise that the ban is right... however by appealing they get a stay of grace and he might be eligible to play and they quite cynically say that that is ok because by then Reina is back... As Hairy says does wonder for the lad Jones confidence.... also says a lot for the desparation they dare not admit to....

Fuck me, that's sneaky.

At least their integrity is intact. Laughing

A nice vote of confidence for Brad Jones there. I am sure that will make him feel better now. Rolling Eyes
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 12 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

Can I request that anyone who is going to the match BOOOOOOOO like fuck when those cunts sing YAWN? Drown it out for the cameras. Or, how about we sing it first? That would really fuck them off cheers
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Can I request that anyone who is going to the match BOOOOOOOO like fuck when those cunts sing YAWN? Drown it out for the cameras. Or, how about we sing it first? That would really fuck them off cheers

Perhaps they will do more show tunes this time.

They could get Bette Midler and Leslie Joseph to perform live for their fans. cheers

Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

Bit of BBC build up with that bloke off Match of the Day who doesn't mind 'coloured' people and the legend that is Graeme Sharp...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17691922

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm

The shite were unsuccessful in their appeal against Doni's red card.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

Super wrote:The shite were unsuccessful in their appeal against Doni's red card.

The FA should suspend Brad Jones because of the frivolous nature of their appeal. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:05 pm

Super wrote:The shite were unsuccessful in their appeal against Doni's red card.

The FA should suspend Brad Jones because of the frivolous nature of their appeal. Very Happy

ACtually they should have hit them with some kind of punishment. As everyone has pointed out, this was a piss-take of an appeal. Not even the RS on RAWK thought it was a wrong decision to give the red card, but the RS had nothing to lose by appealing - if they'd tripled the ban they wouldn't have cared because Doni will never play for them again once Reina returns. On the basis that the FA want to discourage stupid appeals - the RS should forfeit the semi final and have their ground closed for a decade Very Happy
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

ACtually they should have hit them with some kind of punishment. As everyone has pointed out, this was a piss-take of an appeal. Not even the RS on RAWK thought it was a wrong decision to give the red card, but the RS had nothing to lose by appealing - if they'd tripled the ban they wouldn't have cared because Doni will never play for them again once Reina returns. On the basis that the FA want to discourage stupid appeals - the RS should forfeit the semi final and have their ground closed for a decade Very Happy

Give Kenny another couple of seasons and it might just feel like that on a match day anyway. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Give Kenny another couple of seasons and it might just feel like that on a match day anyway. Very Happy

Appeal based on them thinking he didn't deny a goalscoring opportunity.........given the QPR fella touched Young with the GK still to beat and had his ban upheld, its laughable.

tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:48 pm

Great video here

Nice comments from the Kopites, epsecially the ones about the trophy, and the travelling together. How times have changed.. No

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:46 am

Bryan wrote:Great video here

Nice comments from the Kopites, epsecially the ones about the trophy, and the travelling together. How times have changed.. No

Cheers for the link. In the second video, the reporter asks Gary "What's the biggest XXX?", and Mark says "Signing for Everton, isn't it?". What's the word where I placed the XXX? FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 3 Confused
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:11 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Cheers for the link. In the second video, the reporter asks Gary "What's the biggest XXX?", and Mark says "Signing for Everton, isn't it?". What's the word where I placed the XXX? FA Cup Semi Final - Everton 1 The Shite 2 (Jelavic) - Page 3 Confused

XXX = Break.

This means (if you're not sure) points scored without missing a pot.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:29 am

Statman wrote:

XXX = Break.

What? Is that a snooker reference? scratch
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

Statman wrote:

XXX = Break.

Yes, snooker Smile

My prediction for tomorrow, either we win in ordinary time by a 2 or 3 goal margin or we lose on penalties in extra time. They won't beat us in a fair fight Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

Helenqu wrote:
Yes, snooker Smile

My prediction for tomorrow, either we win in ordinary time by a 2 or 3 goal margin or we lose on penalties in extra time. They won't beat us in a fair fight Smile

You know, almost to the word, that is the conclusion I've come to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:13 am

Statman wrote:

XXX = Break.

And billiards.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:56 am

Lucky omens for Saturday:

1. Will be watching the game in the same seat in the lounge where I watched the semi final in 2009.
2. Will be wearing my lucky blue pants.
3. It is blue v red, just like in 2009.
4. 2008-09 season started with a home defeat, just like this season.
5. 2009 we signed a new striker in the Jan transfer window.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

Super wrote:Lucky omens for Saturday:

1. Will be watching the game in the same seat in the lounge where I watched the semi final in 2009.

Just realized il have to go out to watch it. Setanta usually show ESPN cup games as well but not tomorrow.. Mad

Too important to watch on a dodgy stream so will have create some 'new' lucky omens.

But all we need is Darren 'does he ever lose' Gibson? Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:02 am

Super wrote:Lucky omens for Saturday:

6. Our opponents in the 2009 semi final were managed by a sour faced Scot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

There is a guy Steve Cohen could be a Chelsea fan but he has written very eloquent article that proves to me how simple and Narrow minded the ordinary RS fan is....
[quote='reasonable blogger']
I spent some time in San Francisco a couple weeks ago. I like to drive when heading to the Bay Area.  It gives me time to take in a variety of different football podcasts.

As the football calendar reaches early April, the subject of fixture congestion invariably comes up in English football.  This year it is not as large an issue because there is only one English club remaining in either European competition, that being Chelsea.

But the subject of fixture congestion did come up as I traveled through central California and I was amazed. Actually maybe I wasn’t, as to why there is fixture congestion in Chelsea’s upcoming schedule.

Let me preface this column by saying that I reject out of hand anyone who reads this column and thinks that I am disrespecting the dead or the living; I am doing no such thing. I am simply going to point the ridiculousness of an approach in English football that I think needs to end.

In every country that still has entrants in the UEFA Champions League at this time of year, the domestic associations go out of their way to help and accommodate their remaining clubs. It is done so that those clubs, as they represent those associations, have the maximum possible rest prior to their European engagements.  You can check if you like. Every single team that is played the Champions League last week played on Saturday regardless of whether they played on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A few ago Benfica was allowed to play its weekend league fixture on a Friday night ahead of its Tuesday night home game with Chelsea. Marseille did not even play a league game prior to its Champions League match, and Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich all played on Saturday.

However, Chelsea, which progressed to the semifinals last week to meet Barcelona, will be afforded no such care.  Chelsea will experience fixture congestion because the FA does not have the courage or good sense to stand up to Liverpool and tell the club that enough is enough.  Let me explain.

Chelsea is in three competitions, the only club in England which could make such a claim, will be due to play the first leg of its semifinal on Wednesday, April 18.

The FA Cup semifinals will be played this weekend in England with Liverpool set to play Everton, and Chelsea set to face Tottenham. Both semifinals will be played at Wembley, one on Saturday the 14th and one on Sunday the 15th. Chelsea has asked, and has been denied the request to play its semifinal against Tottenham on Saturday, April 14, thus giving the team an extra day of rest and making Liverpool and Everton clash at Wembley on April 15.

Chelsea, quite rightly, is asking that it be given the maximum possible advantage prior to a possible Champions League semifinal and naturally prefers to play on the Saturday rather than at 6 p.m. on Sunday.

Liverpool, however, refuses to play football on April 15 because of the 1989 tragedy at Hillsborough. Now, I have been accused in my time of not seeing it Liverpool’s way on the issue of Hillsborough. My opinion has not changed one bit, but I am not here right now to debate responsibilities or blame. What I am here to say is that this continual request of Liverpool to have the entire English football world come to a standstill every April 15 is ridiculous and it is trying to put the might and fury of Liverpool above all other clubs 23 years after the event.

The Premier League and the FA should do whatever they can to give Chelsea as easy a ride as possible while still in the Champions League, but they are going to make Chelsea do what it would rather not do so that Liverpool does not have to play on April 15. This is ridiculous. It is wrong and it is not respecting the fallen 96. It is simply allowing Liverpool in all its glory to play and act the victim, 23 years later and making everyone else be part of it.

Liverpool tried to do this in the Champions League a couple of years ago when April 15 fell on a Tuesday or Wednesday. The club told UEFA that it would not play on the Hillsborough anniversary. UEFA was about to tell team officials that they would indeed play when they were told. Fortunately, Liverpool had the good manners to be knocked out earlier than it had hoped and so it did not matter in the end.

I can see no greater way to honor the 96 innocent victims of Hillsborough than having a Merseyside derby; in the very same competition that the events of Hillsborough occurred; at England’s national stadium where the entire city of Liverpool could come together and pay their respects. But that would surely be too easy and sensible.

Does Bradford City make announcements that it will never play another football match on May 11 because of the 1985 Bradford fire? Do Rangers, as a club, demand that they never be made to play a match on Jan. 2 to honor the 66 that died in 1971? No, they don’t and nor does anybody else.

I spent four years in the U.S. Army back in the 1980s and on Dec. 12, 1985 a plane that I was supposed to be on that was carrying 248 of my fellow friends and colleagues coming back from the Middle East crashed on take off in Gander, Newfoundland. On every Dec. 12 since then I take a moment to remember my fallen friends. I do so personally and I do so profoundly but I do not expect the U.S. Army to take the day off or all flights to be canceled.  I do not ask everybody who knows me to feel as I do that day. Mourning and grieving is personal and I think I speak of millions of other football fans when I say let’s remember the 96 of Hillsborough but please stop using this tragedy to bring attention where it is unnecessary and unwarranted, and nothing could be more disrespectful to everyone.

Is there an argument that the players of either side would be too grief stricken to play a game of football that day, some of whom were not even born at the time of the disaster? Are we saying that the Liverpool fans with a chance for a day out at Wembley, with a real opportunity to honor their fellow Liverpool fans would not go because they would likewise be too grief stricken?  Please, let’s get real here. The tragedy was 23 years ago. This is not being disrespectful, but it is time to get over it and get on with it without ever forgetting those who went to a football match and never went home.

There would be many ways to honor the 96 on April 15 at Wembley before the FA Cup semifinal if the FA had the courage to make it so. Every player could wear a black armband with the No. 96 sewn on it.  There could be 96 seconds of silence or clapping.  For 96 minutes prior to kickoff each and every innocent soul who was lost on that day could have his/her name or photo on the jumbotrons at Wembley. A bell could ring 96 times. But for a club to state that it will never again play a football match on April 15 makes a mockery of everyone, especially the ones lost.

The world experiences tragedies on a daily basis and the world and its citizens are forced to move on. Life is for the living. The FA is making one club more important than all the others and it is simply wrong and tedious.

Justice for the 96 always but let us indeed honor them not hide from them and other clubs should not have to be inconvenienced for the sake of one.
[/quote]

The response is all too predictable Embarassed

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

well written piece. They'll have firebombed his house by now.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:17 pm

Yeah - all too sensible a post yet 'death threats' will probably follow. Whilst I wouldn't be hugely sympathetic to the likes of Chelsea as the wealth they and other bigger clubs have received from CL participation are part of the problem of why football is so uneven today, I do take the bloggers point about Liverpool almost arrogant stubborn refusal to play on the Hillsborough anniversary. I think Dalglish displayed this type of character a few weeks ago when he told the media that Liverpool would not be playing on the 15th and there is no reason why this would change! The arrogance. Surely this could be discussed on a season by season basis? If there is no disruption to other fixtures let them move their game but if they are been accommodated to put out another team then surely they can play on the 15th and incorporate a bigger tribute or remembrance event that day?

I don't think the Liverpool fans are even defending the dead by their internet firebombs, they are defending it as a 'god given right' that should not be taken away from then. Big difference.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:46 pm

Stat Attack: Liverpool have won twelve of their last thirteen penalty shoot outs. Their one loss came against Northampton Town in the Carling Cup. Brad Jones was goalkeeper that day. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:50 pm

No Penalties
No Extra Time

Just a straight win : 3-1 in normal time

(but I would take a win in extra time or on penalties..... any win will do)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next