606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)

+21
RhinoJagz
Michael Crosby S74
notepad
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Super
The President
Lumper
Yankthattoffee
Made 4 Gwladys
paul
Tonteau
Albert
Dixie Land
Synth_fg®
Helenqu
Blue gazza
tadpole
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
SouthernSmugToffee
25 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)

Post  paul Tue 27 Mar - 23:14

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
paul wrote:brilliant game, thought we bossed it from the off, good to see us creating so many chances too, we backed off with 15 to go but could have easily pushed on if we wanted.

Sunderland were shocking though, the first 20 mins of the 2nd half was abysmal, not that I'm complaining one bit!

MOTM for me was ossie, ball just seemed to stick to him all game, but thought anyone could have got it, apart from Howard, lazy shit hardly did anything all game! (though in reality, did well on balls in tonight, and still sharp to save from campbell late on)
Soooooo.... you show up on the board again moments after we have beaten Sunderland to get to Wembley..... Glory hunter.

Laughing Just kidding. Good to see you back.
Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 Action-2 got so much work on at the moment that I'm not really doing anything beyond that, night off tonight though, wasn't to be missed Very Happy

hope we stuff the fuck out of the shite at wembley, revenge for the derby, show them they're shit!!
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 27 Mar - 23:24

What a great night ... brilliant to share a few posts with you mob ...

Fantastic .. a bit drunken so time for bed

COYB

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 27 Mar - 23:50

Bluejags wrote:Bentnar has been Heitinga's bitch tonight..
Is it Bentner is is it Jedward?

(Radio commentary when I was in the car tonight "Sunderland think they can bully their opponents, but they don't like it when they are outbullied like tonight.")
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 27 Mar - 23:58

Just back from dinner. Missed all the highlights.

Found this.

Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 SUNDERLAND-OWN-GOAL

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 28 Mar - 0:37

FANtastic

Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 Food-smi Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 Smiley_a

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 28 Mar - 0:51

Lumper wrote:Just back from dinner. Missed all the highlights.

Found this.

That's a great own goal! Not just because we got the goal, but it's just simply fantastic. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 28 Mar - 0:52

paul wrote:
paul wrote:brilliant game, thought we bossed it from the off, good to see us creating so many chances too, we backed off with 15 to go but could have easily pushed on if we wanted.

Sunderland were shocking though, the first 20 mins of the 2nd half was abysmal, not that I'm complaining one bit!

MOTM for me was ossie, ball just seemed to stick to him all game, but thought anyone could have got it, apart from Howard, lazy shit hardly did anything all game! (though in reality, did well on balls in tonight, and still sharp to save from campbell late on)
Soooooo.... you show up on the board again moments after we have beaten Sunderland to get to Wembley..... Glory hunter.

Laughing Just kidding. Good to see you back.
Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 Action-2 got so much work on at the moment that I'm not really doing anything beyond that, night off tonight though, wasn't to be missed Very Happy

hope we stuff the fuck out of the shite at wembley, revenge for the derby, show them they're shit!!
lol! lol! Yeah, it's defintely a game to look forward to already. Can't wait. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Wed 28 Mar - 13:24

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Just in the back of my mates car on the way back. What a performance! Sunderland just didn't get going.

Probably beats the Villa 3-1 away in 2005 as my favourite ever.

Magic
Great to hear MC! cheers

MOTM?

I thought Distin and Heitinga were brilliant, Gueye had his best game in an Everton shirt, Neville and Osman were brilliant and kept McClean quiet, Cahill never stopped running, Jelavic held the ball up well, Gibson did the simple things well, Fellaini was always in space, and Baines was his usual excellent self.

The only bad performance was Howard, who didn't really have a lot to do because of the rest of the team.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 28 Mar - 13:43

Highlights for anyone who didn't see the game......

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/03/28/sunderland-vs-everton-0-2-highlights-fa-cup-2012-quarterfinal-replay-goal-jelavic-vaughan-own-goal-video/
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 28 Mar - 14:06

Found this.

That's a great own goal! Not just because we got the goal, but it's just simply fantastic. cheers

Saw a few posts on Grand Old Team last night that suggested that that was the best own goal ever.

Enjoyable it might have been but for comedy value you will struggle to beat the goal that RS's Traore scored a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrmGqqdDm0
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 28 Mar - 14:18

Found this.

I hadn't seen it from that angle. It's even more awesome than I remembered.

On an almost unrelated note, why has someone made the effort to change the format of my 'OG' in the subject title to 'o.g.'?

It doesn't bother me, why should it, I just think it's amusing that anyone would make the effort to do something so trivial. It seems like such a strange thing to care about. I also don't quite understand why I noticed, but there you go. Sunderland 0 Everton 2 (Jelavic, Vaughan o.g.)  - Page 9 F_laugh

Anyway, in the event of an own goal against the Baggies I'll be sure to conform to the highest 'o.g.' standards of thread titlesmanship demonstrated.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 28 Mar - 14:33

Statman wrote:

Found this.

Saw a few posts on Grand Old Team last night that suggested that that was the best own goal ever.

Enjoyable it might have been but for comedy value you will struggle to beat the goal that RS's Traore scored a few years back.

lol! Yep, I remember that one. He should be on the TV show "Dancing with the stars".
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 28 Mar - 15:36

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Just in the back of my mates car on the way back. What a performance! Sunderland just didn't get going.

Magic
Great to hear MC! cheers

MOTM?

I thought Distin and Heitinga were brilliant, Gueye had his best game in an Everton shirt, Neville and Osman were brilliant and kept McClean quiet, Cahill never stopped running, Jelavic held the ball up well, Gibson did the simple things well, Fellaini was always in space, and Baines was his usual excellent self.

The only bad performance was Howard, who didn't really have a lot to do because of the rest of the team.

Gueye seemed to grow in stature as the game went on. I kind of get the impression that he's not 100% confident in his own abilities, but in the second half his link up play with Jelavic and Ossie was just fantastic. Agree Distin and Heitinga were immense and Cahill was the Cahill of old.

If I'm going to be picky, I would say that Jelavic sometimes looks a little static in the box - Roy Keane said that his goal was brilliantly taken, but his movement was nothing special, he was lucky the centre backs were so shit that they almost made the space for him. I was thinking the same. I know it's really nit-picking, because overall Jelavic is looking by far the most complete striker we've had in years.

My other nit picking would be that Gibson worries me at times, he gets caught in possession and looks like he may have had a toke on a joint before the game. Having said that, we've never lost with him in the team and that can't be coincidence. Between him and Felli, very few teams are going to boss the midfield against us.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Wed 28 Mar - 16:11

Gibson lets Fellaini play more forward, he doesn't get that with Rodwell.
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Wed 28 Mar - 16:16

hairy cataract wrote:

Magic
Great to hear MC! cheers

MOTM?

Gueye seemed to grow in stature as the game went on. I kind of get the impression that he's not 100% confident in his own abilities, but in the second half his link up play with Jelavic and Ossie was just fantastic. Agree Distin and Heitinga were immense and Cahill was the Cahill of old.

If I'm going to be picky, I would say that Jelavic sometimes looks a little static in the box - Roy Keane said that his goal was brilliantly taken, but his movement was nothing special, he was lucky the centre backs were so shit that they almost made the space for him. I was thinking the same. I know it's really nit-picking, because overall Jelavic is looking by far the most complete striker we've had in years.

My other nit picking would be that Gibson worries me at times, he gets caught in possession and looks like he may have had a toke on a joint before the game. Having said that, we've never lost with him in the team and that can't be coincidence. Between him and Felli, very few teams are going to boss the midfield against us.

I heard Jelavic being described as a budget Berbatov, who is a lazy shite, but gets into position to score goals.

The passing/movement was unreal last night, there always seemed to be a spare man, again, Sunderland were poor, and I don't think Gueye will be a world beater, but he has the potential to be a steady premier league player.

I think the return of Pienaar has contributed a lot, he isn't a flying winger and will pass/move all day.

I don't want to get carried away, but they need to keep this momentum up on Saturday and not treat the semi as anything special.

Also, on a side note, I think Heitinga has finally "got it" about being an Everton player, nowhere near as much as Neville or Cahill yet, but as much as they can I honestly believe this team actually give a shit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Wed 28 Mar - 19:09

May get some abuse here. But Sunderland where absolutely fucking dreadful. We didn't have to do much to look like Barca.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Wed 28 Mar - 19:16

Bryan wrote:May get some abuse here. But Sunderland where absolutely fucking dreadful. We didn't have to do much to look like Barca.

True, but sometimes teams get complacent, they kept the pace up last night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Wed 28 Mar - 19:19

Bryan wrote:May get some abuse here. But Sunderland where absolutely fucking dreadful. We didn't have to do much to look like Barca.

That first goal was absolutely brilliant though, the break up play from Felli, and the ball in from Magaye to Jelavic, the finish was sublime, not seen a goal like that by us in such a long time. Training ground stuff?

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Wed 28 Mar - 19:34

Bryan wrote:

That first goal was absolutely brilliant though, the break up play from Felli, and the ball in from Magaye to Jelavic, the finish was sublime, not seen a goal like that by us in such a long time. Training ground stuff?

I kept expecting Sunderland to have a spell, but it never came, it was never allowed to come.

Was 60% Sunderland being bad and 40% Everton dominating IMO.

I said to my mate Sunderland played like Everton did in the derby, just couldn't get going.

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 28 Mar - 22:16

Bryan wrote:

I kept expecting Sunderland to have a spell, but it never came, it was never allowed to come.

I said to my mate Sunderland played like Everton did in the derby, just couldn't get going.

Agreed it was a combination of poor Sunderland play as well as crisp passing, pressing and high intensity from Everton. Sunderland's big downfall was Kyrgiakos at the back. He was rubbish and O'Neill's first substitution was to try and patch up the hole at the back rather then try and attack Everton's lead. Everton pressed Sunderland hard for 70 minutes, cutting out numerous balls in Sunderland's own half while giving players like McClean & Sessengon little room to do anything. Hard to identify a poor Everton performer, every player did what they were asked of and a have satisfying performance.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Wed 28 Mar - 22:37

Bluejags wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Agreed it was a combination of poor Sunderland play as well as crisp passing, pressing and high intensity from Everton. Sunderland's big downfall was Kyrgiakos at the back. He was rubbish and O'Neill's first substitution was to try and patch up the hole at the back rather then try and attack Everton's lead. Everton pressed Sunderland hard for 70 minutes, cutting out numerous balls in Sunderland's own half while giving players like McClean & Sessengon little room to do anything. Hard to identify a poor Everton performer, every player did what they were asked of and a have satisfying performance.

Agreed on all points, the Greek was a liability, was made up he played. If I had to critique anyone, it was a few of Heitinga's hoofs, that only because of the tragic Greek they paid off - think he actually started the first goal off with a hoof.

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 29 Mar - 4:17

Statman wrote:

Found this.

I think Yank and I can recall Sandy Brown's power header, or is that 'worst own goal' as it was against us? Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 29 Mar - 7:30

mindyerho? wrote:
Statman wrote:

Found this.

I think Yank and I can recall Sandy Brown's power header, or is that 'worst own goal' as it was against us? Very Happy

First Derby match I ever went to..... Embarassed

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 29 Mar - 11:01

mindyerho? wrote:
Statman wrote:

Found this.

Sandy’s was definitely a contender but he didn’t do the funky chicken as he was putting it in the net.

Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9