4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 05 Jul 2015, 2:43 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451890/Darron-Gibson-given-two-year-contract-extension-Everton

We could offer him a two year extension, or we could just take the money and burn it... Rolling Eyes
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24046
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Armchair on Sun 05 Jul 2015, 4:02 pm

Hopefully the wages are related to how often he plays.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19739
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 05 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451890/Darron-Gibson-given-two-year-contract-extension-Everton

We could offer him a two year extension, or we could just take the money and burn it... Rolling Eyes

Shocked
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 05 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451890/Darron-Gibson-given-two-year-contract-extension-Everton

We could offer him a two year extension, or we could just take the money and burn it... Rolling Eyes

Shocked
ridiculous extension...


resale value = negligible

likelihood of being fit = negligible

goal return = 2 from 50+ appearances

chances of being out for the season before August end = extremely high
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 05 Jul 2015, 6:59 pm

Gibbo is 27 !! Should be at his peak, but sadly nobody told his legs and feet.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6348
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 3:00 am

Clearly a good player when fit. But that's his Achilles heel...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68514
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Lumper on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 7:19 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Clearly a good player when fit. But that's his Achilles heel...

He's injured that as well
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Age : 43
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Statman on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:06 am

I assume that Everton have recently been granted charitable status.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm

Statman wrote:I assume that Everton have recently been granted charitable status.


Like others have said - waste of time. Its the same as Hibberts extension last summer. If we can get anthing for him - we should ty and get it now before he retires.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  The President on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 6:55 am

Charged with Hit and Run and Drink Driving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-33983899
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Armchair on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 7:42 am

If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19739
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Lumper on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 8:06 am

Armchair wrote:If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.

I can't open that link. I can't understand why someone making that kind of money can't use a cabbie. If guilty, get rid of him, I don't want people like that at Everton.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6288
Age : 43
Location : Dublin
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 9:40 am

Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.

I can't open that link. I can't understand why someone making that kind of money can't use a cabbie. If guilty, get rid of him, I don't want people like that at Everton.
Its an interesting suggestion - but are we suggesting that action because he's a fringe player who is always injured, or should the same apply to Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Lukaku, etc if they ever (god forbid) get in the same situation?

Not saying we shouldn't get rid by the way, but I do worry that if we set a precedent that we have to treat all players fairly and the same way, otherwise we are as hypocritical as that lot across the park.

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Armchair on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 9:53 am

error 404 wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.

I can't open that link. I can't understand why someone making that kind of money can't use a cabbie. If guilty, get rid of him, I don't want people like that at Everton.
Its an interesting suggestion - but are we suggesting that action because he's a fringe player who is always injured, or should the same apply to Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Lukaku, etc if they ever (god forbid) get in the same situation?

Not saying we shouldn't get rid by the way, but I do worry that if we set a precedent that we have to treat all players fairly and the same way, otherwise we are as hypocritical as that lot across the park.

That was part of my reasoning behind tearing up his contract Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19739
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

The President wrote:Charged with Hit and Run and Drink Driving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-33983899
fucking bellend 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Jerkit
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:12 pm

Armchair wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.

I can't open that link. I can't understand why someone making that kind of money can't use a cabbie. If guilty, get rid of him, I don't want people like that at Everton.
Its an interesting suggestion - but are we suggesting that action because he's a fringe player who is always injured, or should the same apply to Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Lukaku, etc if they ever (god forbid) get in the same situation?

Not saying we shouldn't get rid by the way, but I do worry that if we set a precedent that we have to treat all players fairly and the same way, otherwise we are as hypocritical as that lot across the park.

That was part of my reasoning behind tearing up his contract  Laughing
So perhaps what we should say is that there is not room at Everton for people who behave like idiots when they are supposed to be trying to recover from injury and get back in the first team and pay back Everton for all the time and effort and patience they have spent in trying to get him back to fitness and on with his career, instead of pissing it up the wall on drinking and driving

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Gravy & Chips on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:47 pm

Think I'll wait for all the facts to come out before before calling him Beelzebub.

It seems as if it was early morning and close to his home. He was only slightly over the limit and we have no idea the severity of the collision with the cyclist at all. It is known that the cyclist wasn't hurt in any way.

It will be interesting to see if the CCTV of him hitting the pump leaks out too. Did he plow into it, roll into it or hit it when opening his door?

Who here has not woken up the next morning after a few jars and driven to the petrol station for a pint of milk and the papers not realising that you are still legally over the limit?

Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Age : 46
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Statman on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm

error 404 wrote:
Armchair wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.

I can't open that link. I can't understand why someone making that kind of money can't use a cabbie. If guilty, get rid of him, I don't want people like that at Everton.
Its an interesting suggestion - but are we suggesting that action because he's a fringe player who is always injured, or should the same apply to Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Lukaku, etc if they ever (god forbid) get in the same situation?

Not saying we shouldn't get rid by the way, but I do worry that if we set a precedent that we have to treat all players fairly and the same way, otherwise we are as hypocritical as that lot across the park.

That was part of my reasoning behind tearing up his contract  Laughing
So perhaps what we should say is that there is not room at Everton for people who behave like idiots when they are supposed to be trying to recover from injury and get back in the first team and pay back Everton for all the time and effort and patience they have spent in trying to get him back to fitness and on with his career, instead of pissing it up the wall on drinking and driving

A worthy attempt but those criteria don't rule out too many of our players.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 3:26 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Think I'll wait for all the facts to come out before before calling him Beelzebub.

It seems as if it was early morning and close to his home.  He was only slightly over the limit and we have no idea the severity of the collision with the cyclist at all.  It is known that the cyclist wasn't hurt in any way.

It will be interesting to see if the CCTV of him hitting the pump leaks out too.  Did he plow into it, roll into it or hit it when opening his door?

Who here has not woken up the next morning after a few jars and driven to the petrol station for a pint of milk and the papers not realising that you are still legally over the limit?


You could be right, but fleeing the scene after hitting a cyclist seems the worse part to me. As you say though, we should wait for the facts to come out first.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3656
Age : 42
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Think I'll wait for all the facts to come out before before calling him Beelzebub.

It seems as if it was early morning and close to his home.  He was only slightly over the limit and we have no idea the severity of the collision with the cyclist at all.  It is known that the cyclist wasn't hurt in any way.

It will be interesting to see if the CCTV of him hitting the pump leaks out too.  Did he plow into it, roll into it or hit it when opening his door?

Who here has not woken up the next morning after a few jars and driven to the petrol station for a pint of milk and the papers not realising that you are still legally over the limit?


You could be right, but fleeing the scene after hitting a cyclist seems the worse part to me. As you say though, we should wait for the facts to come out first.
nah ... chuck him out for being broken all the time & spike McFatty's milk too in the hope he's next Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:59 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:Think I'll wait for all the facts to come out before before calling him Beelzebub.

It seems as if it was early morning and close to his home.  He was only slightly over the limit and we have no idea the severity of the collision with the cyclist at all.  It is known that the cyclist wasn't hurt in any way.

It will be interesting to see if the CCTV of him hitting the pump leaks out too.  Did he plow into it, roll into it or hit it when opening his door?

Who here has not woken up the next morning after a few jars and driven to the petrol station for a pint of milk and the papers not realising that you are still legally over the limit?


You could be right, but fleeing the scene after hitting a cyclist seems the worse part to me. As you say though, we should wait for the facts to come out first.
nah ... chuck him out for being broken all the time & spike McFatty's milk too in the hope he's next Very Happy

That goes without saying, regardless of the facts. I was just saying we should wait for them to come out first.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3656
Age : 42
Location : Lima, Peru
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 5:08 pm

Armchair wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:If true, terminate his contract. There's no room at Everton for people like that.

I can't open that link. I can't understand why someone making that kind of money can't use a cabbie. If guilty, get rid of him, I don't want people like that at Everton.
Its an interesting suggestion - but are we suggesting that action because he's a fringe player who is always injured, or should the same apply to Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Lukaku, etc if they ever (god forbid) get in the same situation?

Not saying we shouldn't get rid by the way, but I do worry that if we set a precedent that we have to treat all players fairly and the same way, otherwise we are as hypocritical as that lot across the park.

That was part of my reasoning behind tearing up his contract  Laughing
Happens in the NFL all the time. Star players have a much much longer leash, while fringe players so to speak get shown the door very quickly if they fook up.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68514
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 5:12 pm

wait for the details.

1. The cyclist was Jose Mourinho....
2.


I'm in the wait and see camp, but I'm offended somewhat by the fact that somebody being paid while injured is going out on the lash....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 5:15 pm

mindyerho? wrote:wait for the details.

1. The cyclist was Jose Mourinho....
2.


I'm in the wait and see camp, but I'm offended somewhat by the fact that somebody being paid while injured is going out on the lash....
Gibson is always injured though, so he'd never had a chance to have a drink then....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68514
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 5:19 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:wait for the details.

1. The cyclist was Jose Mourinho....
2.


I'm in the wait and see camp, but I'm offended somewhat by the fact that somebody being paid while injured is going out on the lash....
Gibson is always injured though, so he'd never had a chance to have a drink then....
but then again - maybe he's always injured because he's not looking after himself?

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 12 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum