7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Empty Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 13 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Jelavic is this season's top scorer for Everton...... and Rangers. affraid affraid affraid

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Action-s 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Action-s 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Action-s 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Action-s 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Action-s
cheers cheers cheers 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh

He's been a great great buy for us. He's what we have been missing for such a long time, a "goal thief" (Swedish expression). It'll be interesting to see what Moyes is planning on doing in the summer when it comes to strikers.

* Vic is starting to be unavailable more than available by a large margin.
* Faddy - must be shipped out for sure.
* Straq - can't see him getting a contract after all, it was a different story before Jelavic joined the club.
* Vellios - not sure what to think since he's not been featured in ages. He showed some promise early on, but we'll see.

Not counting unknown youngsters here.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68920
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 Empty Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Tue 15 May 2012, 11:43 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
* Vellios - not sure what to think since he's not been featured in ages. He showed some promise early on, but we'll see.

I think Velios is in the long term plan. Moyes doesn't like to put too much pressure on his youngsters, and I think he's shielding Velios from too much expectation.

From what I've seen, he's currently our second best option!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2406
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 15 May 2012, 12:34 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:

I think Velios is in the long term plan. Moyes doesn't like to put too much pressure on his youngsters, and I think he's shielding Velios from too much expectation.

From what I've seen, he's currently our second best option!

Yep, I think Vellios is currently being guarded a bit for his own safety. In the one game he started and played most of (forget who it was against), he didn't do a great deal and looked a little out of his depth. His main impact had been as a sub thus far and while he's done great it's important to remember that playing 15 minutes and having an impact is very different from playinga whole game. But I think him and Jelavic could be a great partenrship. Vellios looks a good player in my opinion.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 15 May 2012, 12:41 pm

A guy at the game on Sunday mentioned that we would have had to pay another installment on him, had he played another game this season.
Could be BS, but a consideration.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6420
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:02 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:A guy at the game on Sunday mentioned that we would have had to pay another installment on him, had he played another game this season.

we still owe at most £3.7m

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:45 pm

Bryan wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:A guy at the game on Sunday mentioned that we would have had to pay another installment on him, had he played another game this season.

I thought we bought him for well under £1M. scratch
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 15 May 2012, 1:53 pm

Bryan wrote:

According to Wiki........

Vellios signed for Everton in January 2011 for a fee of £250,000 on a 4 year deal
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Tue 15 May 2012, 4:09 pm

Bring back The Yak
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Mon 21 May 2012, 8:50 am

A story to cheer the hearts of any Blue anywhere.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/252233/Nikica-Jelavic-death-knell-for-dumped-Kenny-Dalglish/

LIVERPOOL’S failure to land striker Nikica Jelavic in last January’s transfer window is being seen as an early sign that the club’s American owners were losing faith in former boss Kenny Dalglish.

It’s understood that Croatian striker Jelavic was a Dalglish target but city rivals Everton sealed a £5million deal under Liverpool’s noses on the last day of the transfer window.

A Merseyside source told the DAILY STAR SUNDAY: “Dalglish had spent more than £100million at Liverpool with mixed success.

“And the feeling now is that the owners were not prepared to give him any more money – even though Jelavic only cost us around £5million.

“And he has proved to be an absolute bargain buy by the club.”

Goodison boss David Moyes’ shrewd signing from cash-strapped Rangers certainly gave Everton the cutting edge they needed.

Jelavic, 26, had an immediate impact with his goal-scoring success on the blue side of Merseyside, which helped t he Toffees finish above Liverpool.

Before that the former Hajduk Split hitman had been tracked for a while and the feeling was that when the transfer window opened in January, he would have been on his way to Anfield.

However, that deal failed to materialise for Dalglish who was axed last week after his club’s inconsistent displays and poor Premier League performances.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20111
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 21 May 2012, 3:00 pm

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 F_laugh cheers cheers cheers ...and some more of the.... cheers cheers cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Mon 21 May 2012, 3:28 pm

Bryan wrote:

i thought this thread was about Jelavic

scratch

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 21 May 2012, 3:56 pm

Bryan wrote:
Bryan wrote:

scratch

It is. I think YTT and Thor are talking about Vellios, who after a great start didn't play at all, suggesting we would owe money on him if he played.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 21 May 2012, 7:17 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Bryan wrote:

scratch

It is. I think YTT and Thor are talking about Vellios, who after a great start didn't play at all, suggesting we would owe money on him if he played.
Yeah, was talking about Vellios, sorry for the confusion. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 23 May 2012, 8:51 am

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2012/05/23/55578-31025725/?

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenner on Sun 27 May 2012, 8:40 am

Can he be any worse than what we've got though? At least it gives us a glimmer of hope and excitement, which will probably be dashed into a million pieces when we see the useless cunt play....
[b]

Not turned out too bad has he. Laughing

Tenner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:06 am

If he scores against Spain or Italy, I wonder if we will be getting a GBP15M* bid in for him from Chelsea or a European team.

*GBP15M, while it would be GBP25M if he played for Man U
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:25 pm

He's a proper goal poacher. The kind we've not had an ages. I think we're still a bit short up front, but with him in the side, we'll always have a chance of scoring.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

Tonteau wrote:He's a proper goal poacher. The kind we've not had an ages. I think we're still a bit short up front, but with him in the side, we'll always have a chance of scoring.

If you watch him when he doesn't have the ball he is always either in space or looking for space and he has the nack of being in the right place at the right time and when he is there more often than not his second touch is his celebration.

Number of posts : 28005
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's a proper goal poacher. The kind we've not had an ages. I think we're still a bit short up front, but with him in the side, we'll always have a chance of scoring.

If you watch him when he doesn't have the ball he is always either in space or looking for space and he has the nack of being in the right place at the right time and when he is there more often than not his second touch is his celebration.

Yeah, was watching him for us at the end of last season and he's usually a step ahead of the defender, always looking for space and always anticipating where the ball will be. He makes some very clever runs off the ball, too. The run he gets on Rafael for his second against united is typical. He sees a ball hoiked into the area and anticipates it's going to break loose and he'll have a chance - and he's done all this before rafael has a chance to react.

Was a bit skeptical of someone comming from scotland, but he's done ace.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

Happy Birthday, Nikica Jelavic! Our Croatian sensation is 27 today... 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 376192
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7270

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 4:03 pm

the jellyman wrote:Happy Birthday, Nikica Jelavic! Our Croatian sensation is 27 today... 7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal - Page 9 376192

27 huh. How come nobody took a chance on this guy, other than us?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

Rumour has it, since he signed for Rangers, he has scored 48 goals with 54 touches, is that even possible affraid
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:21 pm

One day late, but happy birthday to the Croatian sniper! cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:05 pm

I hope this injury is OK.
It didn't look good for several minutes after the collision. I'm surprized DM did sub him earlier.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 6:48 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:I hope this injury is OK.
It didn't look good for several minutes after the collision. I'm surprized DM did sub him earlier.

I presume he thought he could play on, so maybe it isn't too bad, just bruising or summat
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum