606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City 2 Everton 0

+22
notepad
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Blue gazza
Yankthattoffee
fatboblatch
Helenqu
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
The President
Luka Perfect
Super
toffee_pies
anticipate_the_pass
Sheep Flavour
Bluey
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
26 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Man City 2 Everton 0 - Page 9 Empty Re: Man City 2 Everton 0

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

City ratings.

Webb 10.
Others 5

Piss poor performance by Webb. I wonder if Mike Riley will turn up at Finch Farm if summoned? or does he only do that for the RS?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

We were pinned back for too long and it was really just a matter of time before they eventually would break though. We worked hard but not having a proper striker on the pitch means we have no outlet up front. I like Cahill, but a striker he's not.

Let's save the 3 points for the Shite game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Disappointing.
Webb sure was.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:All over.

1) Distin was immense
2) Webb was truly awful
3) Our season won't be defined by our results against City and United - they are light years ahead of everyone else. The game against the Shite will be a more accurate reflection of our abilities.
Agreed x 3. We can't expect too much from the Manchester games this season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Vellios and Drenthe did well. Drench's only error was not chasing back. Mind you Jags and Distin were both nearer to the ball than Silva and fluffed it.

Good shift by Ossie but Webb didn't protect him at all, and some of Kompany's blocks would be frowned on in gridiron.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

expected...

DIxie's fault.

move on..

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

1) Distin was immense
2) Webb was truly awful
3) Our season won't be defined by our results against City and United - they are light years ahead of everyone else. The game against the Shite will be a more accurate reflection of our abilities.

1. yes
2. yes
3. Dunno, we did well against the money clubs last season. Have to admit, I can't see us getting much out of the Shite. They're not brilliant, but Dalglish has put together a more pragmatic, solid kind of side. They should have too much for us, especially now Stevie Me is back.

I suppose Moyes had no choice but to park the bus today, otherwise it might have been a cricket score, but I really would like to see Vellios given a whole game, he looks bright. Saha was off the pace when he came on. Drenthe looks like being a frustrating player for us, but at least he tries stuff. He will turn matches, but sometimes turn them the wrong way like he did today.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

+ patronising commentators made this is freakin' ass of a game to watch and listen to.

So Konpany's block on Saha was no foul. You freakin' kiddin' me Webb?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

1) Distin was immense
2) Webb was truly awful

1. yes
2. yes
3. Dunno, we did well against the money clubs last season. Have to admit, I can't see us getting much out of the Shite. They're not brilliant, but Dalglish has put together a more pragmatic, solid kind of side. They should have too much for us, especially now Stevie Me is back.

I suppose Moyes had no choice but to park the bus today, otherwise it might have been a cricket score, but I really would like to see Vellios given a whole game, he looks bright. Saha was off the pace when he came on. Drenthe looks like being a frustrating player for us, but at least he tries stuff. He will turn matches, but sometimes turn them the wrong way like he did today.

A bit harsh to say he turned the game to be fair. He merely made it possible for City to underscore their win.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:07 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

1) Distin was immense
2) Webb was truly awful

1. yes
2. yes

A bit harsh to say he turned the game to be fair. He merely made it possible for City to underscore their win.

Fair point. I was probably just trying to coin a nice turn of phrase there. Nevertheless, it was a really stupid pass to make. I'd still like to see him and Vellios start against the Shite.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

1) Distin was immense
2) Webb was truly awful

1. yes
2. yes

I'm not so sure that we didn't have a goal in us in the last 5 minutes. With a few crosses wipped in, we had the aerial power to have made it at least interesting, but Roy's dire pass put that one to bed.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:12 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

1) Distin was immense
2) Webb was truly awful

1. yes
2. yes

Fair point. I was probably just trying to coin a nice turn of phrase there. Nevertheless, it was a really stupid pass to make. I'd still like to see him and Vellios start against the Shite.
Agreed. Very Happy And maybe, just maybe, that will happen since Cahill seemed to be in quite a bit of discomfort when he went off. Playing with a striker and a creative winger seems like a good choice at home. And Vellios can hold up the ball rather well, we need that in order to being able to get more players involved in the attacks.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

let's just hope the other games go our way today
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

FEED THE STRAQ wrote:let's just hope the other games go our way today
Uhhhh... the Shite are up due to an own goal.....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

I am not one to have a go at Moyes but I think he got it wrong today.

It is clear that Cahill is not a striker. He will always give you 100% when he plays but he plays better just behind a lone striker so playing him up top takes away his impact and the impact that a striker would have. We had 3 recognised strikers on the bench so there is no excuse at all for playing an attacking midfielder up top.

Also, why the fuck was Drenthe playing on the right wing. I don't believe it was Drenthe that cost us the 2nd goal, it was the decision to play Drenthe on the right wing. When he got the ball he looked to get it onto his favoured left foot thereby cutting infield. This lead to City easily getting the ball off him and going on to score.

Moyes have been a God for Everton and I am not suggesting for a second that he should go but today he made some huge mistakes.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

Dixie Land wrote:I am not one to have a go at Moyes but I think he got it wrong today.

It is clear that Cahill is not a striker. He will always give you 100% when he plays but he plays better just behind a lone striker so playing him up top takes away his impact and the impact that a striker would have. We had 3 recognised strikers on the bench so there is no excuse at all for playing an attacking midfielder up top.

Also, why the fuck was Drenthe playing on the right wing. I don't believe it was Drenthe that cost us the 2nd goal, it was the decision to play Drenthe on the right wing. When he got the ball he looked to get it onto his favoured left foot thereby cutting infield. This lead to City easily getting the ball off him and going on to score.

Moyes have been a God for Everton and I am not suggesting for a second that he should go but today he made some huge mistakes.

agree there mate, but i think it's sour grapes from you cos your run ended Very Happy Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

FEED THE STRAQ wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:I am not one to have a go at Moyes but I think he got it wrong today.

agree there mate, but i think it's sour grapes from you cos your run ended Very Happy Very Happy

I blame Bill Kenwright for my run being over. cheers cheers cheers

Why couldn't the areshole be rich so that he could shell out £8 billion on the best players on the World. He is fucking around putting shows on when there is real money to be made. The dick. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

I think he played on the left to begin with but then swapped with Coleman. Maybe Moyes thought Coleman would be able to cover Baines better than Drenthe, especially as Richards was bombing forward at every opportunity.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

I think he played on the left to begin with but then swapped with Coleman. Maybe Moyes thought Coleman would be able to cover Baines better than Drenthe, especially as Richards was bombing forward at every opportunity.

Maybe so. Shame that Coleman can't tackle a fish though. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Citeh should win everything with that squad. Oh to have Tevez as an unused sub

Better team won. Fair play to Moyes on the tactics. The first goal was deflected away from Howard. Second, well we were kind of chasing the game. If we had knicked one, well..

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Moyes really not happy with the way Cahill was injured. Interesting, I saw it as a foul by Cahill, but Davey sees it as Cahill being "done". Moyes also mentions all the shitty decisions that we were talking about during the match. But he won't get a meeting with the Refs Panel will he? More likely he'll get an FA charge.

It's bad enough the enormous gulf between the wealth of the clubs in the PL, but it's beyond a joke now the way the decisions go for the money clubs.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Moyes really not happy with the way Cahill was injured. Interesting, I saw it as a foul by Cahill, but Davey sees it as Cahill being "done". Moyes also mentions all the shitty decisions that we were talking about during the match. But he won't get a meeting with the Refs Panel will he? More likely he'll get an FA charge.

It's bad enough the enormous gulf between the wealth of the clubs in the PL, but it's beyond a joke now the way the decisions go for the money clubs.

I have never been one to complain about refs because they have a very difficult job to do.

Saying that, I thought that Webb was a fucking disgrace today and booked our players for nothing. I agree with Moyes that Cahill was "done" as well as I think Kompany saw Cahill Sliding so went in studs down on Cahill's ankle.

Webb was a fucking disgrace today, again. I think we would have still lost with a proper ref but at least we would have stood a chance.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

I can't interpret the Kompany 'stamp' without seeing it again but it was a pretty daft challenge by Tim in the first place.

Moyes was pretty restrained in the BBC interview I thought. My comments about the ref would have had been banished to the stands for the rest of the season.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:43 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I can't interpret the Kompany 'stamp' without seeing it again but it was a pretty daft challenge by Tim in the first place.

Moyes was pretty restrained in the BBC interview I thought. My comments about the ref would have had been banished to the stands for the rest of the season.
saw it on MOTD... bad..

ref only booked Cahill, so obviously didn't see it Rolling Eyes which means the FA could take action... is that allowed though against a money team?

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:50 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:I can't interpret the Kompany 'stamp' without seeing it again but it was a pretty daft challenge by Tim in the first place.

saw it on MOTD... bad..

ref only booked Cahill, so obviously didn't see it Rolling Eyes which means the FA could take action... is that allowed though against a money team?

Yes, seeing it on a bigger screen it was clearly a stamp. Nothing went our way really, but hopefully we'll get a double dose of luck against the Shite. Hopefully a dodgy pen and an offside goal for a 2-0 win. What am I talking about.... we'll probably have two players sent off for breathing on Stevie La while he's executing one of his famous swan dives Rolling Eyes
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next