606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.))

+22
Super
hairy cataract
Armchair
RhinoJagz
Michael Crosby S74
Bluey
Yankthattoffee
fatboblatch
Mr_Ben
Royal Blue Mersey
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fourdoors
The President
Blue gazza
Sheep Flavour
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Hinchcliffe Corner
Landon_toffee
Tonteau
notepad
Albert
26 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.))

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

hairy cataract wrote:I wonder if it's time to put Coleman in at right back? Neville is clearly too slow and old now and Hibbo, though he put in a decent shift, is'nt good enough going forward or closing down at the back. Coleman and Baines as our full backs could be sensational - look at Man City yesterday, as MOTD pointed out - at times their full backs were the furthest players forward.

I'd keep Coleman on the wing, also, I think the midfield was better without Arteta.

Obviously it's only one game like, but Fellaini seemed to flourish.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.))

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I wonder if it's time to put Coleman in at right back? Neville is clearly too slow and old now and Hibbo, though he put in a decent shift, is'nt good enough going forward or closing down at the back. Coleman and Baines as our full backs could be sensational - look at Man City yesterday, as MOTD pointed out - at times their full backs were the furthest players forward.

I'd keep Coleman on the wing, also, I think the midfield was better without Arteta.

Yes, we certainly didn't seem to miss Arteta. Could be that we did good business this August.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 11 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Yes, we certainly didn't seem to miss Arteta. Could be that we did good business this August.

I think that Coleman may have to raise his game with the emergence of Barkley. I like Coleman but he is like a headless chicken at times and his crossing is not brilliant. No bad thing really, we have some fantastic choices in midfield and there is true competition there.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 11 Sep 2011, 4:00 pm

What was the thinking behind dropping Neville yesterday? Couldnt tell much from highlight whether Hibbo was able to pass the ball into Coleman more effectively then Neville & Rodwell against QPR which was painful to watch. I think the Felly point is interesting. Now with Arteta gone, he as you say could be the 'main man' in midfield and could flourish. And with little eager beavers like Barkley, Osman, Rodwell, Coleman and Drenthe working around him, it could potentially very a very exciting (and maybe pacey) midfield! And if Vellios can break through what a bonus that could be.

Jesus, I might actually be optimistic! Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Bluejags wrote:What was the thinking behind dropping Neville yesterday? Couldnt tell much from highlight whether Hibbo was able to pass the ball into Coleman more effectively then Neville & Rodwell against QPR which was painful to watch. I think the Felly point is interesting. Now with Arteta gone, he as you say could be the 'main man' in midfield and could flourish. And with little eager beavers like Barkley, Osman, Rodwell, Coleman and Drenthe working around him, it could potentially very a very exciting (and maybe pacey) midfield! And if Vellios can break through what a bonus that could be.

Have a lie down, it will soon pass Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

Bluejags wrote:What was the thinking behind dropping Neville yesterday? Couldnt tell much from highlight whether Hibbo was able to pass the ball into Coleman more effectively then Neville & Rodwell against QPR which was painful to watch. I think the Felly point is interesting. Now with Arteta gone, he as you say could be the 'main man' in midfield and could flourish. And with little eager beavers like Barkley, Osman, Rodwell, Coleman and Drenthe working around him, it could potentially very a very exciting (and maybe pacey) midfield! And if Vellios can break through what a bonus that could be.

I guess the thinking was that Pip is old and slow and Villa are fully of pacey players. Hibbo is probably a bit faster and also is second only to David Beckham as a practitioner of the perfectly placed pass.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

Just realised that not only was the score the same as the game at Goodison Park last season, but the Everton goals were scored by the same players as well.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:A take that Lawro from Motty...BBC Match of the Day commentator John Motson at the Britannia Stadium, on Stoke's first-half penalty: "The referee was right to give it. Jamie Carragher's hand was on around Jon Walters for some time. You can't do that in the box unless against Everton"

Fixed
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I think that Coleman may have to raise his game with the emergence of Barkley. I like Coleman but he is like a headless chicken at times and his crossing is not brilliant. No bad thing really, we have some fantastic choices in midfield and there is true competition there.
Coleman loves to take on the defenders, which I think is great, however, his ball control is lacking at times and he just loses the ball far too frequently because of it. He needs to learn to dribble and do some oversteps, something to get the defence off balance. He's too predictable and is starting to be found out.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

Oh, and I hate Villa. We just never fooking seem to beat them, even if we are the much better team. No
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

So where the fuck is the Wigan thread ???

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:So where the fuck is the Wigan thread ???

Sorry. Embarassed

Coming up now (the thread, not me).
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Oh, and I hate Villa. We just never fooking seem to beat them, even if we are the much better team. No

That said, it has over the last few years been one of the most attractive Premiership fixtures.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11