606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.))

+22
Super
hairy cataract
Armchair
RhinoJagz
Michael Crosby S74
Bluey
Yankthattoffee
fatboblatch
Mr_Ben
Royal Blue Mersey
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fourdoors
The President
Blue gazza
Sheep Flavour
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Hinchcliffe Corner
Landon_toffee
Tonteau
notepad
Albert
26 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) - Page 10 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.))

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

1648: GOALFLASH Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea (Ji Dong-Won)
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) - Page 10 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.))

Post  hairy cataract Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

whatever the final result - this has been a magnificent performance from the blues and very encouraging.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

1648: FIVE MINUTES of injury time for Liverpool to find an equaliser at Stoke.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:whatever the final result - this has been a magnificent performance from the blues and very encouraging.

Agreed - only saw the 1st half and we were very good
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

Got to say that Given really is a great goalie.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Robbery.

AV revenge for last year I suppose.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

All over, it feels like a loss in all fairness, BUT there were LOADS of positives to take from this game. We played so so so much better compared to at Blackburn. Very encouraging.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:So typical this, we are well on top and it's still 2-2...

I blame the Blue Union Very Happy
Time to stage another protest walk.

I heard that they've planned for 38,000 fans to stage a peaceful protest walk by leaving Goodison Park after the match.

fourdoors

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

I fucking hate Villa!! So many times we have been better then them yet they sneak a draw. But agreed, it was a good performance.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

Drenthe has some serious speed, and that was a decent pass the width of the pitch to Hibbo. Think I am going to like him.....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

fourdoors wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:So typical this, we are well on top and it's still 2-2...

I blame the Blue Union Very Happy
Time to stage another protest walk.

I heard that they've planned for 38,000 fans to stage a peaceful protest walk by leaving Goodison Park after the match.
I heard what they were planning on doing was having a protest clap at the end of the game - they did do that. Great stuff. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:All over, it feels like a loss in all fairness, BUT there were LOADS of positives to take from this game. We played so so so much better compared to at Blackburn. Very encouraging.

tons of positives mate - Baines was superb, Coleman caused endless problems, Distin was great, Fellaini full of neat turns and passes, Jags mostly solid, Drenthe came on and looked the business, Vellios nearly scored twice, and a little cameo from Barkley with that brilliant surging run at the end, looked like Stevie Me only without the swan dive at the end cheers
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

The President wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:whatever the final result - this has been a magnificent performance from the blues and very encouraging.

Yeah, a great entertaining game in which Everton dominated chances and posession. A shame that we couldn't find a winner but easily our best performance of this season. Our midfield excellent and our centre halves looked strong. Vellios looked decent when he came on and almost scored a winner. Barley is starting to remind me more of Rooney but needs to remember it is a team game.

Promising.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

1656: FULL-TIME Everton 2-2 Aston Villa

1656: FULL-TIME Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

1656: FULL-TIME Stoke 1-0 Liverpool

1655: FULL-TIME Man City 3-0 Wigan

1655: FULL-TIME Arsenal 1-0 Swansea

1655: FULL-TIME Wolves 0-2 Tottenham
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Coleman looked lacking match fitness, but good for the first half.
Vellios may be ready for the big time, better than Beckford already.

Ref was really awful though. Even their second goal Abo climbed all over Distin. Why no yellow for Warnock? And how in the name of all that is wholesome was that trip on Baines, three yards from the ref, ignored?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:02 pm

mindyerho? wrote:Coleman looked lacking match fitness, but good for the first half.
Vellios may be ready for the big time, better than Beckford already.

Ref was really awful though. Even their second goal Abo climbed all over Distin. Why no yellow for Warnock? And how in the name of all that is wholesome was that trip on Baines, three yards from the ref, ignored?

It was nice of the FA to support their partnership with the charity "Guide Dogs for the Blind" by letting 3 blind men ref the game.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:03 pm

At least the shite lost.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal Blue Mersey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:25 pm

Royston Vasey wrote:At least the shite lost.
Seems I'm not the only saddo; That result saved the day for me too.

Am I getting neurotic 'cos a shite defeat makes me more happy than an Everton win nowadays. Suspect
Royal Blue Mersey
Royal Blue Mersey

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

How many people would have taken a draw before hand?

Thought Felliani, albeit at times quite quiet, looked a lot more natural at CDM. However could be to blame for goals conceded.

Ossie looked a lot better today than against QPR.

Billy lacks confidence but should have done enough to get a transfer back to Russia in line for a swap.

Dutch new signing - court is out.

Argie new signing - unfit.

Pissed off we lost 2 points. Still shit at home.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
The President wrote:

Yeah, a great entertaining game in which Everton dominated chances and posession. A shame that we couldn't find a winner but easily our best performance of this season. Our midfield excellent and our centre halves looked strong. Vellios looked decent when he came on and almost scored a winner. Barley is starting to remind me more of Rooney but needs to remember it is a team game.

Promising.

Yeah, kinda...but Villa were shit!!!!!!!! And we looked poor defending a non existent attack...we will be torn apart by better teams, Coleman should have been taken off about 15mins before he did go, although he was great in the first half....And Bily....fooking hell....why do we still play him!!!???? All in all am gutted actually. And Jags distribution just gets worse.
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

Arteta is doing post match interview. Saying he is happy with the three points. But we only drew, didnt we!? scratch

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:How many people would have taken a draw before hand?

Thought Felliani, albeit at times quite quiet, looked a lot more natural at CDM. However could be to blame for goals conceded.

Billy lacks confidence but should have done enough to get a transfer back to Russia in line for a swap.

1st half, we looked better without Arteta. Big Fella and Rodders looked well together.
We defended the 2 goals too deep.
Howard with little to do again.
I thought Drenthe looked the business in the little time he was on.
Vellios should be given a chance. The thumping drive near the end would have been a hell of a matchwinner.
Bily looked fine in the first half, but sadly he just seems lost as to what to do when we don't have the ball.
Barkley looks great in parts, but very green in other areas. The chip out to Baines resulted in the poor build up, to their goal, if I remember correctly.
All in all, we looked to be a better shape than most pundits have given us credit for. I just wish a 2-1 win had been tere for us to ram down the throats of MOTD and various other pundits.
Oh well, let's kill Wigan.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:20 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:How many people would have taken a draw before hand?

1st half, we looked better without Arteta. Big Fella and Rodders looked well together.
We defended the 2 goals too deep.
Howard with little to do again.
I thought Drenthe looked the business in the little time he was on.
Vellios should be given a chance. The thumping drive near the end would have been a hell of a matchwinner.
Bily looked fine in the first half, but sadly he just seems lost as to what to do when we don't have the ball.
Barkley looks great in parts, but very green in other areas. The chip out to Baines resulted in the poor build up, to their goal, if I remember correctly.
All in all, we looked to be a better shape than most pundits have given us credit for. I just wish a 2-1 win had been tere for us to ram down the throats of MOTD and various other pundits.
Oh well, let's kill Wigan.
I agree with the bulk of that, but to me at least, Bily was good the first 20-30 minutes, after that he started being shite.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:22 am

Just watched the highlights on sky. It appears a reverse of fortunes lucky to beat Blackburn but only a point v Villa seems unjust. Distin to me should win that header.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:43 am

I wonder if it's time to put Coleman in at right back? Neville is clearly too slow and old now and Hibbo, though he put in a decent shift, is'nt good enough going forward or closing down at the back. Coleman and Baines as our full backs could be sensational - look at Man City yesterday, as MOTD pointed out - at times their full backs were the furthest players forward.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next