606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly: Everton 0 Villarreal 1

+9
Made 4 Gwladys
Lumper
Armchair
Tonteau
Bryan
Dixie Land
Blue gazza
The President
Super
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Friendly: Everton 0 Villarreal 1  - Page 3 Empty Re: Friendly: Everton 0 Villarreal 1

Post  The President Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:10 pm

I thought we started very well - for at least 20 minutes - then faded - then disappeared

Villareal are a good side - kept the ball really well.

Just hope we step it up a bit for Spurs and play for the whole 90 minutes
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Everton 0 Villarreal 1  - Page 3 Empty Re: Friendly: Everton 0 Villarreal 1

Post  Dixie Land Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

What a cunt Pierluigi Collina is.

I thought tonight showed how important Fellaini is to us. He controlled the midfield until he went off when they dominated. Rodwell was disappointing but hopefully just off the pace. Fellaini and Baines are the only 2 players we have that would get in that Villareal team.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:49 pm

What a cunt Pierluigi Collina is

I thought the tackle on Seamus was a shocker for a friendly.. Barkley looks like a little nugget.. and nice to see Felli back.. Saha didn't get injured so that's good

not arsed about the result really.. they are a very good team & we played well in parts.. I think we'll give Spuds a good game tomorrow week & just maybe bring the 3 points home

What a cunt Pierluigi Collina is

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

The President wrote:I thought we started very well - for at least 20 minutes - then faded - then disappeared

Villareal are a good side - kept the ball really well.

Just hope we step it up a bit for Spurs and play for the whole 90 minutes

That is everton fc to a tee.

Unless we're playing one of the Sky4. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:37 am

We looked decent when we had the full strength side on the pitch. Things really started to drop off when fellaini and saha were removed. At one point in the second half our midfield was Cahill, Heitinga, Neville and Rodwell and quite frankly that's not a midfield that's going to hold possession or create anything much. So it leaves potential problems if we lose a few good first teamers. Don't know why osman didn't play, but we could have used him in the second half.

Villarreal didn't really cause us a huge amount of problems despite dominating possession in a rather demoralising fashion. Our biggest problem was that we had two or three good chances to score and we didn't take them. This was the problem at the start of last season. We'd carve a team open and then either not deliver the right ball in the box (see coleman) or we'd create the chance and not put it away (see baines)

All in all I actually think this was a good result for us. We played a bloody good team, and were beaten, so we now have no false sense of our own footballing ability. We go into the spurs game with a point to prove and a bit of hunger for some goals and a win. Now watch us get battered 4-0 Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 06 Aug 2011, 8:49 am

Any news on hwo many months Coleman is out for?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 06 Aug 2011, 11:33 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Any news on hwo many months Coleman is out for?

Just read that's it's not a fracture like they first feared but they won't know till Monday if he's done the ligaments.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:26 pm

One good thing was right at the end Mikel was walking across the park... totally limpless.. hopefully that ankle is ready for next week

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:04 pm

There's a new steward near us, I wonder if she is permanent. (shame about the red hair).

Friendly: Everton 0 Villarreal 1  - Page 3 Goodis10

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

Lumper wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Any news on hwo many months Coleman is out for?

Just read that's it's not a fracture like they first feared but they won't know till Monday if he's done the ligaments.

I would be surprised if he has not done his ligaments in. It was a very hard tackle.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Last night it was Barca lite Vs Typical premiership team.
They had 3 or 4 different options when they had the ball, we had 1 option and then a hopeful thump somewhere near a striker.
Tackle on Coleman was disgraceful for any pre-season game. I'm surprized the rest of the squad accepted it without thumping the little shyt.
Rodwell has just stagnated over the past 18 months. Maybe he needs to ship out for his own good, under different coaches/manager?
Barkley could well start 15-20 games this season, knowing how DM likes to bring the young guns along slowly. Looks skillful & confident, but we'll see once the rigours of the Premieirship start.
All in all, a bit a yawn.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

Prety weak referee last night, especially as regards the assault on Coleman. Can't complain though as he let Cahill and Vic get a bit back without complaint.

Interesting how the yellow peril made space for the goal by barging Barkley (I think) out of the wall. Wonder if we'd get away with it in the PL? Not actually a foul as the ball isn't yet in play...... Laughing Twisted Evil
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3