606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1

+19
anticipate_the_pass
Knight of Thorgothshire
Bluey
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Dixie Land
ToffeeDan
Armchair
fatboblatch
The President
Lumper
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Garry Adams
Blue gazza
Sheep Flavour
Super
Hinchcliffe Corner
23 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 07 May 2011, 6:28 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Man City boss Roberto Mancini: "This game today was incredible. We scored, we had chances to score more, but if you don't keep concentrating for 90 minutes you get punished. They played long ball, long ball, long ball and they scored twice. We had chances ourselves but we were selfish - in football you can't afford to be selfish."

Maybe looking through rose-tinted specs but I didn't see it like that at all. We didn't turn up first half but second half we were excellent. There were some long balls but they weren't hit and hope balls and it certainly wasn't long ball, long ball, long ball, there was some excellent passing, movement, pressing, tackling etc... Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Very sour grapes. They were well on top in the 1st half and almost could have put the game out of reach, but the second half we played very well. Great fighting spirit, I can't think of many 50-50's we lost in that half and we moved the ball around very well. Not sure what he's moaning about.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 07 May 2011, 6:29 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Man City boss Roberto Mancini: "This game today was incredible. We scored, we had chances to score more, but if you don't keep concentrating for 90 minutes you get punished. They played long ball, long ball, long ball and they scored twice. We had chances ourselves but we were selfish - in football you can't afford to be selfish."

Maybe looking through rose-tinted specs but I didn't see it like that at all. We didn't turn up first half but second half we were excellent. There were some long balls but they weren't hit and hope balls and it certainly wasn't long ball, long ball, long ball, there was some excellent passing, movement, pressing, tackling etc... Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Very sour grapes. They were well on top in the 1st half and almost could have put the game out of reach, but the second half we played very well. Great fighting spirit, I can't think of many 50-50's we lost in that half and we moved the ball around very well. Not sure what he's moaning about.

he's trying to keep his job. end of story.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 07 May 2011, 6:30 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

he's trying to keep his job. end of story.

His scarf was probably also cutting off the blood supply to his brain.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 07 May 2011, 7:02 pm

Vic just chased back... affraid
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 07 May 2011, 7:06 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:We have a good record against City. 2-1 to the mighty Blues...

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 F_whistl
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 07 May 2011, 7:06 pm

mindyerho? wrote:Vic just chased back... affraid
I won't tell you how the game ended then. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 07 May 2011, 7:10 pm

mindyerho? wrote:Vic just chased back... affraid
I won't tell you how the game ended then. Laughing

LoL.... Just switched on the iPad and it sent whatever I was typing before I went out.... Neutral Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Sat 07 May 2011, 7:28 pm

Vic was Fucking shite today, think I'm coming round to everyone else's view of him after that. Very Happy

Runs off and hides backunder my stone
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 07 May 2011, 7:45 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:Vic was Fucking shite today, think I'm coming round to everyone else's view of him after that. Very Happy

Vic was awesome today!

I'm going to lay claim to be Everton's script writer

Turned to my son at half-time when we were just about hanging in and said "If we can get a measure of control in this game we will bring Tim Cahill on and see where it takes us"

Furthermore I confidently predicted MOTD will summarise as follows (and this was at 1-1) - this is Toure through - misses an open goal, scores a good one, misses another one.. and this is Everton making them pay for it....

But more importantly - Anichebe ran his socks off today -had an excellent game...

EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY - DO NOT MISS LEON OSMAN'S GOAL - IT IS THE GOAL OF THE SEASON...
btw Silva ain't half good - and Lescott wears 19 cos they paid £19M too much for him (also £19M more than we paid for Distin who repaid another chunk of his fee... with a goal!!)

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 07 May 2011, 7:48 pm

mindyerho? wrote:I left (20 minutes late) for my Docs appointment just after the Rodwell yellow. I finally got into BBC on the blackberry just as Beckford should have made it 3-1. I am afraid I shouted 'YES!' and the nurse came into see how I was getting on filling the little cup Very Happy

Maybe after Leon's winner you should have taken the little paper cup and gone down the Sperm Donor Bank..

On another note: If this is "our cup final" why don't they turn up and win this cup once in a while?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 07 May 2011, 7:49 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:Vic was Fucking shite today, think I'm coming round to everyone else's view of him after that. Very Happy

Vic was awesome today!

Turned to my son at half-time when we were just about hanging in and said "If we can get a measure of control in this game we will bring Tim Cahill on and see where it takes us"

Furthermore I confidently predicted MOTD will summarise as follows (and this was at 1-1) - this is Toure through - misses an open goal, scores a good one, misses another one.. and this is Everton making them pay for it....

But more importantly - Anichebe ran his socks off today -had an excellent game...

EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY - DO NOT MISS LEON OSMAN'S GOAL - IT IS THE GOAL OF THE SEASON...
btw Silva ain't half good - and Lescott wears 19 cos they paid £19M too much for him (also £19M more than we paid for Distin who repaid another chunk of his fee... with a goal!!)

Hope you and Ian had a great day TD.

Two fantastic goals by us today, I thought it was Cahill who had scored when Ossy rose like a salmon to head home. Yaya Toure was the pick of their players but I think it was Vieira who missed the open goal at the start.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 07 May 2011, 8:18 pm

we were brilliant in the 2nd half.. Ossie's goal was shades of Andy Gray.. superb header & brave...

Mancini = Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Jerkit

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 07 May 2011, 8:20 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:I left (20 minutes late) for my Docs appointment just after the Rodwell yellow. I finally got into BBC on the blackberry just as Beckford should have made it 3-1. I am afraid I shouted 'YES!' and the nurse came into see how I was getting on filling the little cup Very Happy

Maybe after Leon's winner you should have taken the little paper cup and gone down the Sperm Donor Bank..

On another note: If this is "our cup final" why don't they turn up and win this cup once in a while?

LOL, unfortunately it was pee....
Pity, nice looking nurse Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Jerkit
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 07 May 2011, 9:27 pm

That goal of Leon's is sublime. Prettiest little goal to grace the old lady for a while.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 07 May 2011, 10:24 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:

Vic was awesome today!

Hope you and Ian had a great day TD.

Two fantastic goals by us today, I thought it was Cahill who had scored when Ossy rose like a salmon to head home. Yaya Toure was the pick of their players but I think it was Vieira who missed the open goal at the start.
Yeah, it was.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 07 May 2011, 10:59 pm

Vic and Beckford looked good together today, especially with Cahill on the pitch. Is this the future? Probably not Rolling Eyes
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Sun 08 May 2011, 1:20 am

Ossie saves us again !
Got to to hand it to the little fella, he has really put in some excellent performances this year, "Player of the Season" IMO.
afro
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 08 May 2011, 9:10 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

No - he is right. absolutely spot on.

They missed so many chances, we took ours and won - simple.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 08 May 2011, 11:20 am

Bryan, where is the photo?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 08 May 2011, 2:03 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Bryan, where is the photo?

i sent you a pic yestarday

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Img0131uw.th
Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Img0132hc.th

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 08 May 2011, 5:46 pm

Bryan wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Bryan, where is the photo?

i sent you a pic yestarday

Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Img0131uw.th
Everton 2 (Distin, Osman) Man City 1  - Page 10 Img0132hc.th

cheers lid, tell those people to sit down.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Mon 09 May 2011, 9:16 am

Toffee Dan wrote:

Vic was awesome today!

sarcasm missed i think. Vic needs to do that a lot more to get everyone back on side long term but it showed what he can do when he's up for it

Leon's Goal was quality, one of the best headed goals I've seen in a long time. it's very rare to see someone going in for a header when they look likely to take a knock like that any more.

Silva was a class above anything else on the pitch but really him and Toure where the only players for city who I thought stood out for me.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 09 May 2011, 9:33 am

Anyone else old enough to remember Sheedy's header against ManUre when we put five past them? Very similar, except Sheedy was carried off with concussion! I was in the paddock that day - ah happy memories....

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Mon 09 May 2011, 9:40 am

hairy cataract wrote:Anyone else old enough to remember Sheedy's header against ManUre when we put five past them? Very similar, except Sheedy was carried off with concussion! I was in the paddock that day - ah happy memories....

also the numerous Andy gray headers where you just expected the worse as soon as you saw him diving in. pretty sure those two would have dived head first through a glass sheet if it was a goal scoring chance, too many pussies now days afraid to take a knock.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 09 May 2011, 10:29 am

Valentino Blue wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Anyone else old enough to remember Sheedy's header against ManUre when we put five past them? Very similar, except Sheedy was carried off with concussion! I was in the paddock that day - ah happy memories....

also the numerous Andy gray headers where you just expected the worse as soon as you saw him diving in. pretty sure those two would have dived head first through a glass sheet if it was a goal scoring chance, too many pussies now days afraid to take a knock.

Yes, I distinctly remember Big Dunc playing on when his head was hanging by a thread from his neck with blood fountaining from an artery. And he still managed to stick the nut on the linesman.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next