606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2

+20
Tonteau
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
Barry Horne's Equaliser
fatboblatch
The President
Bryan
Hinchcliffe Corner
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Goodison_Gringo
Valentino Blue
Made 4 Gwladys
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Knight of Thorgothshire
SouthernSmugToffee
Michael Crosby S74
hairy cataract
24 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2  - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2

Post  Armchair Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

FT, great game and probably a fair result.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2  - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

Up to seventh...I guess.. Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

2-2 final score

i live to fight again Very Happy Very Happy phew
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:55 pm

again, we dropped points when we needed them, all results above us went for us and we fucked up
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

i wonder where THOR was today Suspect
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

A decent point considering the amount of injuries we have. I thought Gueye looked excellent when he came on and I hope he gets another few chances this season. We could well have won today if Beckford and Osman had taken their chances but I think a draw was fair. Becks' goal should have stood but the peno for us was pretty soft.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 02 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

YAKUBLUE wrote:again, we dropped points when we needed them, all results above us went for us and we fucked up

Given our injury problems it was a good result imo, especially looking at Villa's forward line: Young, Bent, Downing...they would walk into our team.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 02 Apr 2011, 5:01 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:again, we dropped points when we needed them, all results above us went for us and we fucked up

Given our injury problems it was a good result imo, especially looking at Villa's forward line: Young, Bent, Downing...they would walk into our team.

I agree 100%. Their side was much stronger than ours today. You only had to look at our bench to see how depleted our team is. We gave two players their league debuts today and still matched a team containing a lot of international players.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 02 Apr 2011, 5:06 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

I agree 100%. Their side was much stronger than ours today. You only had to look at our bench to see how depleted our team is. We gave two players their league debuts today and still matched a team containing a lot of international players.

of course i agree with you, just frustration that's all Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2  - Page 6 Crash

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 02 Apr 2011, 6:05 pm

frustrating that, Ossie could have had 4. FFS he scored with the hardest chance.

Distin immense again.

Is Baines the only one in the PL who doesn't know Downing is right-footed?
Hibbo played well, as did Bily , Maggie and Becks. that non-goal was goal of the month, if you see what I mean.
Should get that Greek lad some game time as well. Looked very sharp.

and what a captain Nev is, I hope he still plays when he's 60!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 02 Apr 2011, 6:14 pm

same old pish

we are not even down to the bare bones but borrowing skin and bones at the moment

Poor that considering the way the other games went we could have made 7th minimum ours and gained in on 6th

Plus points must have been the chances we created.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 02 Apr 2011, 6:41 pm

mindyerho? wrote:frustrating that, Ossie could have had 4. FFS he scored with the hardest chance.

Distin immense again.

Is Baines the only one in the PL who doesn't know Downing is right-footed?
Hibbo played well, as did Bily , Maggie and Becks. that non-goal was goal of the month, if you see what I mean.
Should get that Greek lad some game time as well. Looked very sharp.

and what a captain Nev is, I hope he still plays when he's 60!

Think he's actually left footed, but he's decent with both feet.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 02 Apr 2011, 6:50 pm

Dixie Land wrote:A decent point considering the amount of injuries we have. I thought Gueye looked excellent when he came on and I hope he gets another few chances this season. We could well have won today if Beckford and Osman had taken their chances but I think a draw was fair. Becks' goal should have stood but the peno for us was pretty soft.

A mate tells me that the 4th official was handgesturing to the ref that the ball had gone over the line, just as they broke for the goal. Looked offside to me, as lineman was not up wioth play. Maybe distractions all round.
Anyway, that's how it looked from my seat. Should be intersting to hear MOTD.
The Booboys in front of me were after Bily from the git go. Bily was hit and miss, but wonder why DM didn't swap wings with Guaye? Vallios has a strange gait about him, like he's got his holsters on.
Like to to see the 2 young uns on another day.
Hibbo was great!!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 02 Apr 2011, 7:33 pm

Firstly let's deal with the positives: A great contribution from Gueye (can't wait till he's got 90 minutes in him), Vellios looked spot-on and almost scored; Osman - the main creative outlet was in great form (I can forgive his miss on his wrong foot) and scored a super opening goal. The game itself was entertaining but once again Everton fail to put Villa away (a common event - think back to the game at Villa Park). Villa look very shaky and I had no doubt they wouldn't hold onto their lead as their defending was generally quite poor - I was pleased Moyes took a defender off (I expected it too). I agree Gueye has looked good on the left but I rather suspect putting Billy next to Hibbert would have been disastrous. Have you noticed how he switches off after he's 'done his job' - time and time again he does something really good then he's lost in the game - half-asleep not following anyone in particular or looking at where the game is going on around him!!

Now let's deal with Mr. Jones. On a day when referees seem to be in the headlines for all the wrong reasons here we suffer from another incompetent official. To wit: Yellow cards - Heitinga (late challenge - spot on), Jagielka (marginally correct but harsh), Osman (harsh). As far as Villa were concerned they racked up 2 yellows and avoided at least 4-5 others (not least of course the perennial sinner Young and Bent (for celebrating right in the corner of the Everton fans and then rubbing it in with a gesture to the Gwladys Street) - and of course not forgetting some extreme lenience for overzealous attention by several others - but no matter - what really matters is once again the sheer inability to do the right things - to miss a goal that goes over the line, to allow the subsequent attack to stand as a Villa goal when Bent looked a good 2 yards offside and then to make amends (to a degree) with a soft penalty for a challenge. Put simply all of this isn't good enough for top level officials - but neither were the FOUR - yes FOUR misreadings of fouls ON Neville in the final five minutes (clattered in the back by Heskey and fouled by Agbonlahor) which resulted in THREE free kicks to Villa - appalling!!!

When Neville was again the victim of a similar hatchet tackle (today) which sent him into the stratosphere (Kyle Walker) Mr Jones didn't even deem this a yellow card offence - and it was no better than the chop the Leeds player received from the Forest player which resulted in a straight red. What Mr. Jones busied himself with today was to lecture the free-kick taker rather than talk to the offenders (presumably one of those 'you play to my whistle' idiots who is more concerned with "being in charge" rather than apply the Laws properly.

Apart from that it was a good game

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:36 pm

From brief MOTD headlines, Ossie really looks like he has taken on the creative mantle and been very consistent of late. Diffo would have put money on him to score today. Positive for Beckford is he is really good playing off the shoulder and finds some great positions but just wish he would steady himself first before shooting. Even with the 'goal' he could have taken a touch. It was over the line, but only just so hard to blame the linesman for not being 100% sure. Glad Gueye got some game time and hopefully will get some more before the end of the season. Its a pity we are down to the bare bones as Liverpool and even Spurs with CL distractions could be caught but not after today now. The penalty was soft, in real time looked a cert but Jags cleverly dragged his leg towards Makoun. But after the goal that never was, it was deserved.

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

Clearly a goal!

Everton 2 (Osman, Baines (pen.)) Aston Villa 2  - Page 6 Beckfo10

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:26 pm

Bluejags wrote:From brief MOTD headlines, Ossie really looks like he has taken on the creative mantle and been very consistent of late. Diffo would have put money on him to score today. Positive for Beckford is he is really good playing off the shoulder and finds some great positions but just wish he would steady himself first before shooting. Even with the 'goal' he could have taken a touch. It was over the line, but only just so hard to blame the linesman for not being 100% sure. Glad Gueye got some game time and hopefully will get some more before the end of the season. Its a pity we are down to the bare bones as Liverpool and even Spurs with CL distractions could be caught but not after today now. The penalty was soft, in real time looked a cert but Jags cleverly dragged his leg towards Makoun. But after the goal that never was, it was deserved.

I think Becks keeps looking for the goal of the day, instead of, as you say, steading himself and picking his spot. 2 efforts in each half should have produced something for him.
Their 2nd goal was onside, even though I didn't think so at the game.
Onwards Evertonians. We play better when we feel hard done to, and victimised.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

Bluejags wrote:Clearly a goal!

Laughing

I haven't seen a Hawkeye-type analysis of the 'goal' yet. I guess this sort of analysis is reserved for when the Sky 4 + The Shite feel hard done by.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 03 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm

Bluejags wrote:Clearly a goal!

Laughing

I haven't seen a Hawkeye-type analysis of the 'goal' yet. I guess this sort of analysis is reserved for when the Sky 4 + The Shite feel hard done by.

Even the GAA, notoriously slow to pick up on innovations from other sports, ran trails with Hawkeye at Croke Park last night in two league games. The system wasn't available to officials yet but a positive step forward none the less.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6