Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0  - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:01 pm

The President wrote:Time for a clean sheet

2-0

woop woop
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0  - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:03 pm

What a nice Birthday prezzy Smile)
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:03 pm

good performance still not too sure if we were good or Sunderland were just shit

Becks must be near my 10 league goal prediction?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:good performance still not too sure if we were good or Sunderland were just shit

A bit of both mate. Quite possibly more that Sunderland were shit to be honest, but we don't care!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:07 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:good performance still not too sure if we were good or Sunderland were just shit

A bit of both mate. Quite possibly more that Sunderland were shit to be honest, but we don't care!

true!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:11 pm

Thinks that 6 in the league now.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:19 pm

Everton manager David Moyes after seeing the Toffees ease to a 2-0 win over Sunderland: "I'm delighted for Jermaine Beckford, scoring two goals in a Premier League game is great. We always knew he could score goals if we gave him the opportunities because he's a goalscorer, that's what he does. He's got a lot of work to do still, but today was really good."
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 5:45 pm

Super wrote:

Thinks that 6 in the league now.

yeh that bet at the start of the season is looking on now as long as he dont have the first goal taken away for an own goal/ he should be able to get another 4 league goals before the end of the season.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

That performance today was a relief, a little bit of breathing space in the table.
Hopefully afro 's injury is not too serious, we need him for the run in...
Agree with the comments earlier about Jack, he gives us that extra spark. Hope we can hold onto him. Cool
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 7:24 pm

anticipate_the_pass wrote:That performance today was a relief, a little bit of breathing space in the table.
Hopefully afro 's injury is not too serious, we need him for the run in...
Agree with the comments earlier about Jack, he gives us that extra spark. Hope we can hold onto him. Cool or drive the price up to somewhere north of Andy Carroll's

fixed it for you
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 7:34 pm

Felli a doubt for Tues.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 7:44 pm

Easy win - all played well - especially Ossie.

Sunderland vacated the space in front of their back 4 allowing Mikel and Ossie (and Rodwell) to plough through them - we could have won 5 or 6-0 or 1 here.. apart from a 10 minute spell near half-time they never showed up.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20135

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 11:56 pm

Dixie Land wrote:FUCKING BECKFORD!!! I go to get a beer out of the fridge and the bastard scores. Mad
Please go and get a second one then you stupid cunt. Wink

Been busy today so just reading this now. KoT, you are a funny man for an American.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

Sheep Flavour wrote:Everton manager David Moyes after seeing the Toffees ease to a 2-0 win over Sunderland: "I'm delighted for Jermaine Beckford, scoring two goals in a Premier League game is great. We always knew he could score goals if we gave him the opportunities because he's a goalscorer, that's what he does. He's got a lot of work to do still, but today was really good."

The first looked like a good pass to the man running in at the far post. Fortunately, Bramble made the near post run. The second was a scuff. Still I wouldn't mind him getting 30 scruffy goals every season.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 1:37 am

Statman wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:Everton manager David Moyes after seeing the Toffees ease to a 2-0 win over Sunderland: "I'm delighted for Jermaine Beckford, scoring two goals in a Premier League game is great. We always knew he could score goals if we gave him the opportunities because he's a goalscorer, that's what he does. He's got a lot of work to do still, but today was really good."

The first looked like a good pass to the man running in at the far post. Fortunately, Bramble made the near post run. The second was a scuff. Still I wouldn't mind him getting 30 scruffy goals every season.

Ozzie had a very good game, would have been nice to see him on the scoresheet Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0  - Page 8 Fotty
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 8:35 am

Beckford's movement was excellent I thought. He's got a really good striker's brain. Unfortunately, in front of goal, he's got a donkey's feet. His two goals yesterday were both lucky. Great to see him and Saha playing up front together from the start though - how often has Moyes played two up front at home? Not often enough, and it caused Sunderland loads of problems, plus allowed Ossie space to play.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 8:43 am

hairy cataract wrote:Beckford's movement was excellent I thought. He's got a really good striker's brain. Unfortunately, in front of goal, he's got a donkey's feet. His two goals yesterday were both lucky. Great to see him and Saha playing up front together from the start though - how often has Moyes played two up front at home? Not often enough, and it caused Sunderland loads of problems, plus allowed Ossie space to play.

They always say good strikers score all sorts of goals even nasty ones and yesterday they probably go into that Category. I dont really agree with your comment he has donkeys feet, he has scored some decent goals, the one at Anfield was nice and the Bolton one was especially really nice, if that had been Arteta or Pienaar scoring it would have been praised a lot more.

I have seen enough of Beckford now to think he will be a good signing for us, I only wish he was 5 or 6 years younger.
Diamond
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:03 am

Diamond wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Beckford's movement was excellent I thought. He's got a really good striker's brain. Unfortunately, in front of goal, he's got a donkey's feet. His two goals yesterday were both lucky. Great to see him and Saha playing up front together from the start though - how often has Moyes played two up front at home? Not often enough, and it caused Sunderland loads of problems, plus allowed Ossie space to play.

They always say good strikers score all sorts of goals even nasty ones and yesterday they probably go into that Category. I dont really agree with your comment he has donkeys feet, he has scored some decent goals, the one at Anfield was nice and the Bolton one was especially really nice, if that had been Arteta or Pienaar scoring it would have been praised a lot more.

I have seen enough of Beckford now to think he will be a good signing for us, I only wish he was 5 or 6 years younger.

So does he
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 10:11 am

Diamond wrote:

No, to be honest, it was just a good line about the donkey's feet. But he isn't the best finisher in the world, to put it mildly. Coincidentally, I noticed in the Sunday Times today that Moyes said Beckford's movement in the box is as good as any he's seen, but he needs to improve on other aspects of his game. I tend to agree. His feet are actually quite quick at times on the edge of the box, but his finishing is desperately poor overall. Sure, he scores the odd spectacular, and he is almost a fantastic player. If he could improve his everyday, Gary Lineker style finishing by 50%, he would be a world-class player. Always assuming he can work out how the offside rule goes.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 10:28 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Diamond wrote:

No, to be honest, it was just a good line about the donkey's feet. But he isn't the best finisher in the world, to put it mildly. Coincidentally, I noticed in the Sunday Times today that Moyes said Beckford's movement in the box is as good as any he's seen, but he needs to improve on other aspects of his game. I tend to agree. His feet are actually quite quick at times on the edge of the box, but his finishing is desperately poor overall. Sure, he scores the odd spectacular, and he is almost a fantastic player. If he could improve his everyday, Gary Lineker style finishing by 50%, he would be a world-class player. Always assuming he can work out how the offside rule goes.

I think next season will be the time to judge him better, he seems to be getting more confident now and with strikers that is the main thing...just look how shit Rooney was looking for months because he was so low on confidence. His age has always put me off a bit because this really should be his peak age and the fact he has not made it before is slightly offputting but then Ian Wright came into football late and didnt sign for Arsenal untill he was 28 so hopefully it will be something like that for Beckford
Diamond
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:51 pm

[quote="Diamond"][quote="hairy cataract"]
Diamond wrote:

I hope so, cos he's my kind of striker. And I'm not that worried about his age - he's hungry and he knows he's got limited time to hit his peak; in some ways that's better than being a wonder-kid getting loads of over-the-top press coverage and England call-ups. Beckford for nuppence or Carroll for £35m? No-brainer in the Value For Money stakes.

All we need now is Arteta to hit form so he can open the defences for Beckford and Saha to cause mayhem. In a weird way, we're an Arteta away from a run which could get us into the Europa next season. The defence is looking so much better with Jags getting back to full fitness.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 1:08 pm

[quote="hairy cataract"][quote="Diamond"]
hairy cataract wrote:
Diamond wrote:

I hope so, cos he's my kind of striker. And I'm not that worried about his age - he's hungry and he knows he's got limited time to hit his peak; in some ways that's better than being a wonder-kid getting loads of over-the-top press coverage and England call-ups. Beckford for nuppence or Carroll for £35m? No-brainer in the Value For Money stakes.

All we need now is Arteta to hit form so he can open the defences for Beckford and Saha to cause mayhem. In a weird way, we're an Arteta away from a run which could get us into the Europa next season. The defence is looking so much better with Jags getting back to full fitness.
+1
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 2:46 pm

[quote="mindyerho?"][quote="hairy cataract"]
Diamond wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Diamond wrote:

+1
+(10.666667/2*6)-31

Number of posts : 25878

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 5:45 pm

Statman wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:FUCKING BECKFORD!!! I go to get a beer out of the fridge and the bastard scores. Mad
Please go and get a second one then you stupid cunt. Wink

Been busy today so just reading this now. KoT, you are a funny man for an American.
Very Happy I have only been American since October 18 of last year, but I'll take it as a compliment none the less. Everton 2 (Beckford 2) Sunderland 0  - Page 8 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:04 am

I think theres never been an actual compliment paid on this site, unless you count flirting with Brushie, Toffee Girl, Jags, HelenQ, BCW and of course Lanky.

I'd look for a double meaning, Thor.
..... Or check your gaydar.
Very Happy king
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum