Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:35 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Hallelujah. Correct. We were struggling to get out of our half from 15 minutes onwards, even in the five minutes before our goal. The better team doesn't always win, it is possible to grind results out against better teams, but on this occasion the most deserving team won the game.


I lost about 30 mins of the coverage of that game but I am surprised that you say that.

Really? They attacked us in the second half in particular. I agree - you can win a game by defending a lead well, but if that goal is spawny in the first place and when you think of the saves Howard did have to make (Walcott in the first half and the free kick that lead to their equaliser, not mentioning when Clichy should have shot at the end to make it 3-1 rather than cut it back, and a couple of scuffed shots from close range I can think of) compared with what went on in their penalty area, I just don't see the comparison.

I know goals change games and we had something to hold on to and unsurprisingly that is what we tried to do, and I know it was unlikely that many teams would actively try to build on a lead at the Emirates, but it wasn't that surprising that we let it slip in the end. We were very deep in the first half and even more so in the second. Yes - we might have held on, but I don't think that merits us as being undeserved losers on this occasion.

However, the players did show some drive again today and on another day we might have ground out a result. We need that to be taken to teams in the lower regions of the table. How often have we said that this season????

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13156
Age : 42
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Bluey on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:41 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Hallelujah. Correct. We were struggling to get out of our half from 15 minutes onwards, even in the five minutes before our goal. The better team doesn't always win, it is possible to grind results out against better teams, but on this occasion the most deserving team won the game.


I lost about 30 mins of the coverage of that game but I am surprised that you say that.

Really? They attacked us in the second half in particular. I agree - you can win a game by defending a lead well, but if that goal is spawny in the first place and when you think of the saves Howard did have to make (Walcott in the first half and the free kick that lead to their equaliser, not mentioning when Clichy should have shot at the end to make it 3-1 rather than cut it back, and a couple of scuffed shots from close range I can think of) compared with what went on in their penalty area, I just don't see the comparison.

I know goals change games and we had something to hold on to and unsurprisingly that is what we tried to do, and I know it was unlikely that many teams would actively try to build on a lead at the Emirates, but it wasn't that surprising that we let it slip in the end. We were very deep in the first half and even more so in the second. Yes - we might have held on, but I don't think that merits us as being undeserved losers on this occasion.

However, the players did show some drive again today and on another day we might have ground out a result. We need that to be taken to teams in the lower regions of the table. How often have we said that this season????

I bow to your greater coverage of the game mate.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 55
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 11:17 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
BB wrote:Totally missed the match.

Did we play well?

We socked... sorry BB
cheers lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Armchair on Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:57 am

Moyes interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9384490.stm

Apparently Fabregas was bad-mouthing the officials at half time but didn't get punished.
Loans were available in the window but not of the right quality.
Lack of transfer activity will give opportunities to young players.
Cahill will return soon and will be like a new signing.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Bryan on Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:34 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Moyes interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9384490.stm

Apparently Fabregas was bad-mouthing the officials at half time but didn't get punished.
Loans were available in the window but not of the right quality.
Lack of transfer activity will give opportunities to young players.
Cahill will return soon and will be like a new signing.

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 789528 Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 789528 Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 661318 Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 661318

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Age : 41
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Bluey on Wed 02 Feb 2011, 6:53 pm

Bryan wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Moyes interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9384490.stm

Apparently Fabregas was bad-mouthing the officials at half time but didn't get punished.
Loans were available in the window but not of the right quality.
Lack of transfer activity will give opportunities to young players.
Cahill will return soon and will be like a new signing.

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 789528 Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 789528 Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 661318 Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 661318

So Saha and Beckford should not be played? They only won 2 together.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 55
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  BB on Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
BB wrote:Totally missed the match.

Did we play well?

We socked... sorry BB
cheers lol! lol!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/studio-en-b07591aebb56c5c53bb56869bbce2dfe.html

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 F_whistl
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 03 Feb 2011, 1:23 am

BB wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
BB wrote:Totally missed the match.

Did we play well?

We socked... sorry BB
cheers lol! lol!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/studio-en-b07591aebb56c5c53bb56869bbce2dfe.html

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 F_whistl
lol! lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Bluey on Thu 03 Feb 2011, 6:24 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
BB wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
BB wrote:Totally missed the match.

Did we play well?

We socked... sorry BB
cheers lol! lol!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/studio-en-b07591aebb56c5c53bb56869bbce2dfe.html

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 F_whistl
lol! lol! lol!

Loads of talent for genuine humour there. I wish I had the inclination and time for the Bombay humour cheers

Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 55
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 Everton 1 (Saha)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum