FA Cup: Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 1 (FA Cup)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

FA Cup: Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 1 (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup: Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 1 (FA Cup)

Post  The Griffin on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 3:35 pm

Close but no cigar
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

FA Cup: Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 1 (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup: Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 1 (FA Cup)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm

Coleman was great I thought - one of his best games, absolutely murdered Cole. Seamus and Nev tore the right side up which made a nice change from it all being about Baines on the left. I thought Neville was particularly good, some great crosses and overlapping.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 3:49 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Diamond wrote:thought we played well today, shame we couldnt hold on cant see us getting anything from their place. thought there were a few good peformances today although Arteta is still not playing that well.
Actually thought that was his best game, on his way back I thought.

agree with both of you, Arteta played a lot better today with glimpses of his best albeit still quite a bit away from his best.

Pleased with our performance played very well down the right.

sorry but can't see us getting anything at the Bridge
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:04 pm

So, does Cahill come back on the bench?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:07 pm

Big Felli was the fulcrum today and he seemed to break Droga's nose without punishment which makes him even more of a legend as Drogba feigned injury more than once. As Mind Yer Ho says above, Fellaini really has taken over Arteta as our driving force. He creates, tackles and scores. I think that £15 million was a fucking steal.

He really would slot into the Chelsea side (and Arsenal's and Man Unt's) with ease.

I hate to say it but Fellaini is too good for us at the moment, in the same way that Rooney was too good for us a few years back.

If Moyes can get some funds to build a side around Felli and Rodwell then we will be fine. If not we will lose them both and do nothing for another decade or two.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:14 pm

Once again Everton never let you down - if heroic failure is what you are looking for:

I lose count of the number of times we have it in our hands to do something and then screw it up spectacularly - West Brom 68 Final, Shite Semi 71, Shite Semi 77 (unluckily), 1985 Treble chance (Man U), 1986 Finals, 2009 Final (winning 1-0), 2-0 up at Old Trafford (drew 2-2), Chelsea 2006 FA Cup (also winning 1-0).. 2-1 up v Chelsea at Goodison in the League the list is endless and soul-destroying.

That said they did play really well today - especially Fellaini and with Arteta moving further forward the team shone with invention (even if Chelsea only looked half-arsed about the whole thing).

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20135
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:18 pm

mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Big Felli was the fulcrum today and he seemed to break Droga's nose without punishment which makes him even more of a legend as Drogba feigned injury more than once. As Mind Yer Ho says above, Fellaini really has taken over Arteta as our driving force. He creates, tackles and scores. I think that £15 million was a fucking steal.

He really would slot into the Chelsea side (and Arsenal's and Man Unt's) with ease.

I hate to say it but Fellaini is too good for us at the moment, in the same way that Rooney was too good for us a few years back.

If Moyes can get some funds to build a side around Felli and Rodwell then we will be fine. If not we will lose them both and do nothing for another decade or two.

Surprisingly, I have to disagree with you there.

I thought Rodwell was okay, but he really is flattering to deceive at the moment. What is his best position? Cos he doesn't seem to make things happen wherever he plays. If someone offered £15m for him, I would definitely take it.

Fellaini is playing well, and causes absolute chaos with his harrying and snapping at heals. But he is by no means a great player. He gets caught in possession at times cos he isn't very aware of what goes on around him, he's still one-paced, and some of his mis-passing at crucial times gave Chelsea clear chances. At the moment, he looks like a useful player to have cos the big teams don't like it up 'em. To compare him with Rooney is just laughable though. He wouldn't even get on the bench at ManUre or Arsenal.

I thought Baines was breath-taking at times, though his passing was a bit wayward. I thought Arteta looked better than he has done. And I thought Neville and Coleman were fantastic down the right. But for me, Saha was the player who looked a class above. Sure, he drifts in and out of the game at times, but he is our one player who looks too good for us.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:50 pm

I disagree with all of you!

Felli tackled well but misplaced too many passes
Baines played well but crossing was below standard (apart from the corner)
Rodwell was pretty annonymous (surely Ossie would have done better in that role?)
Arteta did ok
Howard Webb had a good game
Drogba is a muppet
Moyes is ginger
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:55 pm

Just read The Guardian review of todays game, and then the Beebs edited version of it, like two games.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:29 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Bluejags wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/01/28/anichebe-may-miss-cup

Finally some good news.. Very Happy

Ashley Cole will be gutted!

Cole v Coleman.... like those odds

(or should it be ColeNOwoman v Coleman....)

Corrected.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:42 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Diamond wrote:thought we played well today, shame we couldnt hold on cant see us getting anything from their place. thought there were a few good peformances today although Arteta is still not playing that well.
Actually thought that was his best game, on his way back I thought.

agree with both of you, Arteta played a lot better today with glimpses of his best albeit still quite a bit away from his best.

Pleased with our performance played very well down the right.

sorry but can't see us getting anything at the Bridge

Probably not but remember we haven't lost against Chelski since the Cup Final.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:43 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Once again Everton never let you down - if heroic failure is what you are looking for:

I lose count of the number of times we have it in our hands to do something and then screw it up spectacularly - West Brom 68 Final, Shite Semi 71, Shite Semi 77 (unluckily), 1985 Treble chance (Man U), 1986 Finals, 2009 Final (winning 1-0), 2-0 up at Old Trafford (drew 2-2), Chelsea 2006 FA Cup (also winning 1-0).. 2-1 up v Chelsea at Goodison in the League the list is endless and soul-destroying.

That said they did play really well today - especially Fellaini and with Arteta moving further forward the team shone with invention (even if Chelsea only looked half-arsed about the whole thing).

TD, did you get fed up of thinking up examples? This could have been a Rottsesque post.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 11:02 am

Proper header by Saha for the goal, i.e. he actually headed it as opposed to just letting the ball hit his head like a lot of others do these days.

Great header of a ball, that man.
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum